Tensorflow Ruby wrapper update

Sameer Deshmukh

May 17, 2016, 1:30:00 PM5/17/16
to SciRuby Mailing List, Arafat Khan, Ankur Yadav, sanal buvaev, Hadi Nishad, Bit Vendr, Jason Toy
Hello applicants,

After recent interactions with many potential applicants we've realized that it's not completely feasible to implement all the python functionality of tensor flow in Ruby within 3 months. A python-Ruby bridge would be clumsy and porting all the Python code to Ruby takes time.

Hence, we've updated the project objectives in the blog post and have also added a template which you can use for submitting your proposal.

As per the new proposal, the candidate will be expected to create Ruby wrappers for only those C++ tensor flow functions that are required for running the MNIST tutorial and port Python code to Ruby for the same.

We chosen the MNIST tutorial since it's the most common tutorial that people refer to.

Regards,
Sameer Deshmukh

Pjotr Prins

May 17, 2016, 1:54:06 PM5/17/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sameer for putting all that effort in!