[GSOC2018][31 July 2018][GRPlot-GR] Work update

Pranav Garg

Jul 31, 2018, 11:22:10 AM7/31/18
to Sameer Deshmukh, Prasun Anand, John Woods, Pjotr Prins, Arafat Khan, SciRuby Mailing List
Hey Guys,
I have submitted a proposal for Rubyplot at Rubyconf.

I will be in transit (to my University) on 1st August 2018, I will work on localisation of subplots on the way.

I had a chat with Arafat recently and we discussed the plan to integrate both the backends .

Regards
PG

Sameer Deshmukh

Aug 1, 2018, 1:32:37 AM8/1/18
to Pranav Garg, Prasun Anand, John Woods, Pjotr Prins, Arafat Khan, SciRuby Mailing List
Good. What's your integration plan exactly?
--
Regards,
Sameer Deshmukh

Master's degree student. Rio Yokota Lab.
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.

Twitter : @v0dro
GitHub: @v0dro
Blog: http://v0dro.in

Pranav Garg

Aug 2, 2018, 8:32:22 AM8/2/18
to Sameer Deshmukh, Prasun Anand, John Woods, Pjotr Prins, Arafat Khan, SciRuby Mailing List
Hey Sameer,
Last month I worked on making my library more modular and load the GR Backend using open classes.( https://github.com/pgtgrly/GRruby-extension/blob/38656622e95d0de93ab4be894ece20663f2952af/lib/rubyplot/figure.rb#L29) So whenever a user instantiates a figure object, they can specify what backend to use and that would be loaded. Now we are discussing on having a common API for both backend.
Arafat and I will be having a call about the same soon
Regards
PG

Sent from my iPad

John Woods

Aug 2, 2018, 12:32:40 PM8/2/18
to Pranav Garg, Sameer Deshmukh, Prasun Anand, Pjotr Prins, Arafat Khan, SciRuby Mailing List
Ahh, this for backend. Looking forward to this discussion. :)