Nmatrix C API

Sarthak Munshi

Jan 22, 2017, 11:47:46 AM1/22/17
to SciRuby Development
Hi, everyone. I'm looking forward to applying for GSoC 17. I want to get accustomed with the Nmatrix C API. I finding it a little hard to figure out the directory structure. Can I be guided on details of each file pertaining to the Nmatrix C API?

Thanks.

Prasun Anand

Jan 22, 2017, 12:08:03 PM1/22/17
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarthak,

lib/nmatrix => frontend code for nmatrix(both MRI and JRuby)
lib/nmatrix/jruby => frontend code for nmatrix-jruby
ext/ =>backend code for nmatrix (google how to create Ruby C extensions)
ext/nmatrix-jruby => backend code specific nmatrix-jruby
ext/nmatrix/extconf.rb => explains how nmatrix.so is built
(NMatrix-MRI backend uses C and C++ together)
ext/ruby_nmatrix.c => C backend of how NMatrix class is built.

Start with spec/<spec_files> to find out how a function is completely
implemented.

For diving deep; read
https://github.com/SciRuby/nmatrix/wiki/NMatrix-Developer-Guide

You can also read
http://sciruby.com/blog/2016/10/24/gsoc-2016-port-nmatrix-to-jruby/ to
get some general idea of NMatrix architecture.

Have fun!

Regards,
Prasun

Sarthak Munshi

Jan 22, 2017, 12:49:32 PM1/22/17
to SciRuby Development
wow ! awesome. thanks a ton for the help. :)

Prasun Anand

Jan 22, 2017, 12:51:43 PM1/22/17
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
:)

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Sarthak Munshi