Instructions for blogging

Skip to the first unread message

John Woods

31 May 2014, 16:42:2931/05/2014
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've decided to put together some simple instructions for blogging so as to stem some of the confusion.

  1. Make a fork of SciRuby/sciruby.com into your own github account.
  2. Clone your fork onto your local machine.
  3. git checkout source
  4. bundle exec rake new_post['This is my blog entry title']
  5. cd source/_posts
  6. Here you'll find a bunch of markdown files. These are the posts. Find yours and edit it. It uses markdown, which you can Google, but is pretty simple.
  7. To preview your post, first do `bundle exec rake generate` and then `bundle exec rake preview`.
  8. Commit your changes and push them to your own repository.
  9. Go into the source branch of your repository and issue a pull request back to SciRuby.
Hope this helps.

John