[ANN] My talk at Ruby Kaigi 2016

Sameer Deshmukh

Sep 29, 2016, 3:16:37 AM9/29/16
to SciRuby Development
Hello all!

The video of my talk at Ruby Kaigi 2016 has been released. Please have a look here: http://rubykaigi.org/2016/presentations/v0dro.html

Looking forward to hearing about what you think!

Abinash Meher

Sep 29, 2016, 8:57:48 AM9/29/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Cool presentation! I liked the fact that you kept the audience in mind while making the presentation, like the part where you used japanese numbers as the index.

I didn't know about rubex before this. Sure looks promising.

Regards,
Abinash Meher

Prasun Anand

Sep 29, 2016, 9:49:48 AM9/29/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Nice presentation :)

Prasun

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Abinash Meher
<abinashda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool presentation! I liked the fact that you kept the audience in mind while
> making the presentation, like the part where you used japanese numbers as
> the index.
>
> I didn't know about rubex before this. Sure looks promising.
>
> Regards,
> Abinash Meher
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Sameer Deshmukh
> <sameer.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all!
>>
>> The video of my talk at Ruby Kaigi 2016 has been released. Please have a
>> look here: http://rubykaigi.org/2016/presentations/v0dro.html
>>
>> Looking forward to hearing about what you think!
>>
>> --

Alexej Gossmann

Sep 29, 2016, 11:11:31 AM9/29/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Great talk! :)

<abinashda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool presentation! I liked the fact that you kept the audience in mind while
> making the presentation, like the part where you used japanese numbers as
> the index.
>
> I didn't know about rubex before this. Sure looks promising.
>
> Regards,
> Abinash Meher
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Sameer Deshmukh
> <sameer.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all!
>>
>> The video of my talk at Ruby Kaigi 2016 has been released. Please have a
>> look here: http://rubykaigi.org/2016/presentations/v0dro.html
>>
>> Looking forward to hearing about what you think!
>>
>> --

Victor Shepelev

Oct 1, 2016, 1:31:08 PM10/1/16
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Really good talk. I've visited a prominent EuRuKo conference, and I should say most of the speakers even there are not very good at what they do: slides are either too detailed (like 20 lines of text) or just empty (1 big picture), overall style are either too quick and boring or overentertaining with loosing the topic. You are really good at what you do.

The only thing to suggest, if I may, is more "lively" intonations sometimes, a bit less monotonous.

But really, great talk.

Lokesh Sharma

Oct 2, 2016, 9:32:44 PM10/2/16
to SciRuby Development
Wonderful presentation and very informative!

Sameer Deshmukh

Oct 4, 2016, 6:02:41 AM10/4/16
to SciRuby Development
Thank you everyone!

And thanks Victor for your compliment :)

Yes I think it turned out monotonous because I was focusing on speaking as slow as possible since most of the audience did not consist of native English speakers. Will practice more next time :P