[GSOC2018][RubyPlot-GR][2-07-2018] Worked on Bar

3 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Pranav Garg

ungelesen,
02.07.2018, 14:21:5202.07.18
an Sameer Deshmukh, John Woods, Prasun Anand, SciRuby Mailing List
Hey Guys,
I was working further on the Bar Graph but I came across an issue.
Unlike other plots drawing a bar not only depends on the value provided by user
but also the lower bounds of Y axis. the problem is that the lower bound of Y axis is determined
by the global minimum Y value along with a y axis padding. These values are computed on time when
we are executing view or save. I was quite stumped by it. I tried various things but the did not get proper output.
One of the solutions that I thought of is to shift all the padding to scripting rather than plotting
but this will warrant checks at each and every function.

Another issue which I am facing is that the library is getting too big and a lot of files need to be tracked

Adding a new scripting function requires changes in 5 files and I have frankly often lost track of it. Any ideas on how to tackle that?
I think I should create a design document that will help me and everyone else understand the inner workings of the GR Scripting backend

There are also certain cases like this, wherein my lines are crossing 80 characters, what should I do?

Sameer and I will have a meeting tonight. Hopefully, we will be able to sort out most of these issues.
I also noticed that I mistitled my previous daily update, apologies for that.
Regards
Pranav Garg

Sameer Deshmukh

ungelesen,
03.07.2018, 07:45:4803.07.18
an Pranav Garg, John Woods, Prasun Anand, SciRuby Mailing List

I understand your issues. We'll resolve all of them tonight.

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten