GSoC project published in scientific journal

Pjotr Prins

Feb 20, 2015, 5:47:51 AM2/20/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Sambamba was originally an OBF/BioRuby Google Summer of Code project
and has continued to evolve and is used by many sequencing efforts:

Sambamba: fast processing of NGS alignment formats
Bioinformatics (2015) doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btv098
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/btv098

Great job by Artem!

If you can think of a project that can end in a paper, don't hesitate
to add them to the OBF or SciRuby project ideas pages.

http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015_Ideas

https://github.com/SciRuby/sciruby/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-2015-Ideas

We can help with the writeup and mentoring.

Pj.

Carlos Agarie

Feb 23, 2015, 10:30:01 AM2/23/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
It's really great to see a GSoC project evolve into such a useful tool.

John wants to publish a paper on NMatrix as well, if I remember correctly. :)

-----
Carlos Agarie
Software Engineer
+55 11 97320-3878 | @carlos_agarie

John Woods

Feb 23, 2015, 11:17:29 AM2/23/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
But not sure when it's gonna happen at this rate. Need money to publish, and all of ours is earmarked for student fellowships..