Transfer daru to SciRuby?

Sameer Deshmukh

Jan 7, 2017, 2:22:03 PM1/7/17
to SciRuby Development
 Hello,

Lately daru has been getting a lot of attention and contributors, and I have not been able to keep pace because of my commitments to Rubex, which I think can be a great solution for solving the problem of speed and C extensions for Ruby.

In that regard, I would like to consider transferring the main daru repo to SciRuby so that it can be maintained under the organization and we can then fine tune the privileges that each collaborator receives. I think it will also receive more adoption since it will be under the umbrella of a well trusted organization. All exists PRs, issues, stars and commits will transfer to the new repo once the transfer has been done.

What do you all think?

John Woods

Jan 7, 2017, 8:20:21 PM1/7/17
to SciRuby Development
Sure, should have been done already. Remind me during the week when I'm at work.

Sameer Deshmukh

Jan 8, 2017, 1:16:10 PM1/8/17
to SciRuby Development
I will transfer ownership to sciruby, which you can approve. Please don't fork it. That will not copy the issues and PRs and stars.

Sameer Deshmukh

Jan 8, 2017, 1:18:22 PM1/8/17
to SciRuby Development
Has been transferred: https://github.com/SciRuby/daru

Sameer Deshmukh

Jan 8, 2017, 1:20:29 PM1/8/17
to SciRuby Development
John, can you give me access so that I can modify the settings of the new repo? I would like to add some contributors for helping with merging/closing issues and PRs.