[GSOC] First round of code review

Pjotr Prins

Jun 4, 2014, 9:55:37 AM6/4/14
to sciru...@googlegroups.com, francesc...@gmail.com, l....@campus.unimib.it, Naoki Nishida, Magdalen Berns, Lahiru Lasandun, Rajat Kapoor
As part of this week's effort we will have our first round of code
review!

Naoki reviews Magdalen
Magdalen reviews Loris
Loris reviews Lahiru
Lahiru reviews Rajat
Rajat reviews Naoki
All mentors review their own student.

The idea is simple: we learn from each other. Be nice. Contact the
person you need to review and ask for a pointer to one or two source
code modules (say 50 lines). Review this code, documentation and
tests. If you can, try to run it. Note that Naoki is writing D3/JS,
which should not really be a problem for Rajat :)

Any comment, suggestion should be raised as a github issue. We want to
see at least 2 issues added by Friday by everyone, including mentors!

If you have no code, time to raise the alarm bells!

Pj.

Magdalen Berns

Jun 4, 2014, 11:56:09 AM6/4/14
to sciru...@googlegroups.com, francesc...@gmail.com, l....@campus.unimib.it, Naoki Nishida, Lahiru Lasandun, Rajat Kapoor
Great. Thanks. I actually am not sure what people's git usernames are though! Loris, How can I find you?

Lahiru Lasandun

Jun 4, 2014, 12:12:06 PM6/4/14
to sciru...@googlegroups.com, francesc...@gmail.com, l....@campus.unimib.it, dom...@gmail.com, magdal...@gmail.com, las...@gmail.com, rajat...@gmail.com
Hey Loris,
This is my git profile. I was integrating Nelder-Mead multidimensional minimization algorithm for Minimization gem. This is the file I was working on. Please contact me for any problem.

Best regards,
Lahiru

Magdalen Berns

Jun 4, 2014, 12:33:31 PM6/4/14
to Lahiru Lasandun, sciru...@googlegroups.com, francesc...@gmail.com, l....@campus.unimib.it, dom...@gmail.com, Rajat Kapoor
Also, I was planning on creating some issues of my own for the fftw gem this week (I have one already). Assuming I have a patch for them by the time of review, is itall the same to get these reviewed (i.e. instead of Naoki needing to think of a new bug)?

github @thismagpie