daru project

已查看 111 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Deepak Koli

未读,
2016年2月7日 12:52:362016/2/7
收件人 SciRuby Development
Hi,

I'm interested in the "Improving the capabilities of daru" project. Can someone please help me in getting started with the project.

Thanks

Sameer Deshmukh

未读,
2016年2月7日 13:42:362016/2/7
收件人 SciRuby Development
See the daru repo at www.github.com/v0dro/daru. Check the issue trackers and README to get started.

For improving the capabilities of daru it is recommended that you are familiar with data analysis suites like pandas in Python or data.frame in R. The project mainly involves making daru as useful as pandas or data.frame for data analysists and regular Rubyists.

You can suggest your own ideas for improvements in daru, wherever you deem necessary.

Deepak Koli

未读,
2016年2月10日 02:53:372016/2/10
收件人 SciRuby Development
Hi,

I've set up the development environment for daru gem. I'm currently going through the code of daru and familiarising myself with pandas. Should i look into how to extract data from various internet sources into a DataFrame like pandas does?

Deepak Koli

未读,
2016年3月11日 09:15:502016/3/11
收件人 SciRuby Development
Hey Sameer,

Can you take a look at this basic prototype for stock data reader from yahoo finance

Thanks

Sameer Deshmukh

未读,
2016年3月12日 15:07:272016/3/12
收件人 SciRuby Development
Looks good!

You should support precision upto minutes in case of stock data.

Deepak Koli

未读,
2016年3月15日 02:09:312016/3/15
收件人 SciRuby Development
Can you give me an ideas as to what all features should be supported under time series sampling?

Sameer Deshmukh

未读,
2016年3月15日 14:03:302016/3/15
收件人 SciRuby Development
You can start by porting pandas functions to daru.

Deepak Koli

未读,
2016年3月15日 14:05:012016/3/15
收件人 SciRuby Development
We can create a method whose parameters will be: a series, number of samples, method of sampling (like sum or mean), an optional fill method.
Choice of fill methods can include: forward fill, backward fill, interpolation.

Deepak Koli

未读,
2016年3月15日 14:07:592016/3/15
收件人 SciRuby Development
Can i start porting after submitting the proposal?
Or do i need to do it before to have shot at getting selected? :P

Sameer Deshmukh

未读,
2016年3月15日 14:12:212016/3/15
收件人 SciRuby Development
You need to figure out the most important methods and give us reasons as to why they should be ported to daru in your proposal. Also include the implementation details and code samples wherever necessary.

Coding happens later.

Sameer Deshmukh

未读,
2016年3月16日 16:24:312016/3/16
收件人 SciRuby Development
Saurabh Shah is also working on this idea. You might want to co-ordinate with him.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子