How to use local gem in IRuby notebook?

Shekhar Prasad Rajak

May 28, 2017, 11:39:24 AM5/28/17
to SciRuby Development
Hello,

I want to use my local gem in IRuby notebook. How can I use my modified repo, to see my changes in IRuby notebook?

--
Shekhar

Victor Shepelev

May 28, 2017, 11:46:25 AM5/28/17
to SciRuby Development
Unfortunately, I am not a master of working with IRuby.
But in my experience, you can just run IRuby in new folder with new Gemfile, while including gem in question in Gemfile this way:

gem 'gemname', path: '/path/to/you/local/version'
or
gem 'gemname', github: 'yourgithub/gemname' # if it is cloned into your GitHub

Andrei Beliankou

May 28, 2017, 12:00:13 PM5/28/17
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
And more generally, you can access every Ruby peace using the `bundle
exec iruby` withing the context of your `Gemfile` or your can run `ruby
-I path/to/my/local/gem -S iruby`.