Adding Linear Mixed Model (LMM) support to SciRuby

Frankenstein

Mar 27, 2015, 12:56:14 PM3/27/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
It's couple of hours before the deadline and I just realized I need a submission of code for pre-approval. Is it too late to submit code?

Pjotr Prins

Mar 27, 2015, 3:28:03 PM3/27/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Not too late.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 09:56:14AM -0700, Frankenstein wrote:
> It's couple of hours before the deadline and I just realized I need a
> submission of code for pre-approval. Is it too late to submit code?
>
> --
>
> References
>
> Visible links
> 1. mailto:sciruby-dev...@googlegroups.com
> 2. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Frankenstein

Mar 28, 2015, 1:27:45 AM3/28/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
Can I have a suggested issue to work on?

Frankenstein

Mar 28, 2015, 1:36:30 AM3/28/15
to sciru...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking up SciRuby Issue Trackers now. A little guide will be great.

Claudio Bustos

Mar 28, 2015, 11:04:27 AM3/28/15
to sciruby-dev
About (G)LMM, to begin we should:
- Create a little document with the theory behind it, and estimation
methods (marginal quasi-likehood, penalized quasi-likehood, MCMC,
Gaussian Quadrature...)
- Using some of the named methods, estimate the parameters using
matrix for fixed and mixed effects.
- Calculate point estimates and variances for all the mixed effects
- Design a little parser to transform formulas on (design) matrix, a la R.

--
Claudio Bustos
Psicólogo