Ligatures without Direct2D

sn

Oct 30, 2015, 8:24:03 PM10/30/15
to scintilla-interest
I'm unable to enable Direct2D due to compiler limitations. Is it possible to use fonts with ligatures without TECHNOLOGY_DIRECTWRITE* ?

Thanks in advance!

Neil Hodgson

Oct 31, 2015, 6:23:28 PM10/31/15
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
sn:

I'm unable to enable Direct2D due to compiler limitations. Is it possible to use fonts with ligatures without TECHNOLOGY_DIRECTWRITE* ?

   GDI does not support ligatures for English text. It does for Arabic (ل plus ا becomes لا) but Arabic is not properly supported by Scintilla.

   If your compiler problem is from using Mingw32, try Mingw64.

   Neil

sn

Oct 31, 2015, 6:36:43 PM10/31/15
to scintilla-interest, nyama...@me.com
Thank you for the reply.

My particular use case is for a coding font that use ligatures for symbols: http://larsenwork.com/monoid/

If this indeed requires TECHNOLOGY_DIRECTWRITE*, I'll take another look at Mingw. I didn't think it supported Direct2D.