Rendering text that would ordinarily be offscreen?

John Ehresman

Nov 3, 2015, 10:21:30 AM11/3/15
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to render a portion of the document that's outside of the
current client rect to a pixmap so that it can be displayed (the use
case is to show all selections in a list; another would be to show all
search matches). I think I've got it working if I comment out the
surfaceWindow->SetClip(rcClipText); in EditView::PaintText which sets
the clip so text isn't drawn over the left margins. Of course, just
commenting this out causes other problems; I'm just trying to see if it
can work at this point.

Would it be possible to introduce a flag that would allow text to be
drawn without this clip being set? Or, is there another way to do this?

Thanks,

John

Neil Hodgson

Nov 3, 2015, 6:07:15 PM11/3/15
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
John Ehresman:

> I'm trying to render a portion of the document that's outside of the current client rect to a pixmap …
> Would it be possible to introduce a flag that would allow text to be drawn without this clip being set? Or, is there another way to do this?

FormatRange (SCI_FORMATRANGE), normally used for printing, doesn’t clip to the client rect.

Neil