Scintilla algorithm

Andy

Jun 15, 2016, 3:31:31 PM6/15/16
to scintilla-interest
Is anywhere described Scintilla algorithm? How it does syntax highlighting and folding?
What source files of Scintilla are most important ?

KHMan

Jun 15, 2016, 11:37:22 PM6/15/16
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
On 6/16/2016 3:31 AM, Andy wrote:
> Is anywhere described Scintilla algorithm? How it does syntax
> highlighting and folding?

Look under scintilla/lexers first. Study some smaller lexers first
before trying to tackle the big files. Also scintilla/lexlib
supports the lexers. But the actual running of things is mostly in
scintilla/src and the platform-specific files.

> What source files of Scintilla are most important ?

Depends on your objective(s). For example, I have contributed to
lexers but my grasp of the code in scintilla/src is pretty weak.
So it is possible to hack the code without knowing all of it...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)

johnsonj

Jun 16, 2016, 6:22:39 AM6/16/16
to scintilla-interest
2016년 6월 16일 목요일 오전 4시 31분 31초 UTC+9, Andy 님의 말:
Is anywhere described Scintilla algorithm? How it does syntax highlighting and folding?
What source files of Scintilla are most important ?

Neil Hodgson

Jun 20, 2016, 12:24:56 AM6/20/16
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Andy:

Is anywhere described Scintilla algorithm? How it does syntax highlighting and folding?
What source files of Scintilla are most important ?

   Start with http://www.scintilla.org/Design.html
    The most important piece is the gap buffer data structure widely used in text editors.

    Neil