Re: [scite] SIGSEGV in GTK 2.24.30 (Ubuntu Mate)

Neil Hodgson

Dec 20, 2016, 5:28:34 PM12/20/16
to scite-interest, Scintilla mailing list
Gabriel Dubatti:

> I'm running scitilla through textadept. After the update to version 371 I got some SIGSEGV so I downloaded the last SciTE and got the same SIGSEGV.

> ---- gdb output-----
> Thread 1 "SciTE" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> 0xb67c4eef in ?? () from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/modules/libgail.so

libgail is accessibility-related. Its possible it is a reference count bug for accessibility described here:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/scintilla-interest/F0qZxZxhAEg/discussion

Neil

Colomban Wendling

Dec 21, 2016, 1:54:07 PM12/21/16
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's very likely to be the bug the 2nd patch from that mail fixes.
You can apply it alone and see if it fixes it for you, but I'm confident
it will.

Regards,
Colomban