Add more links to SCI_SETWORDCHARS to doc

Greg Smith

Sep 15, 2016, 5:14:42 AM9/15/16
to scintilla-interest
In several places, the documentation mentions 'word' characters, especially in the searching area. Could there be a link to SCI_SETWORDCHARS in the vicinity of heavy 'word' reference, please.

I ask because I stumbled upon a message from a new user who was asking about getting a final $ to be selected in a variable name when double-clicking and I was about to respond (until I noticed that the message was from 2010!) to say set the word characters (which I know you can do), but I could not remember the name of the message. I searched the doc for 'word', and found a huge list of hits, mainly in the search area, but not link to SCI_SETWORDCHARS nearby.

Possible places:
definition of SCFIND_WHOLEWORD, text "Scintilla's definitions of words".

Neil Hodgson

Sep 16, 2016, 6:07:21 AM9/16/16
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Greg Smith:

> In several places, the documentation mentions 'word' characters, especially in the searching area. Could there be a link to SCI_SETWORDCHARS in the vicinity of heavy 'word' reference, please.

Perhaps a section on words would be better with SCI_SETWORDCHARS (currently in “Other settings”) and the related calls as well as word query APIs like SCI_WORDENDPOSITION and SCI_ISRANGEWORD.

Neil

Neil Hodgson

Sep 19, 2016, 7:15:39 PM9/19/16
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
There is now a separate Words section in the documentation with some more explanation. There are links from the find flags to SCI_SETWORDCHARS.

https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/code/ci/96379462b67e569d624c85a9f9a358436330114e/
https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/code/ci/466e9128198aa9edf9c3c13fee42a4705be631ef/

Neil