CompletionMethods are Enum, but described as bitmask in the documentation

Paul K

Sep 11, 2016, 1:36:21 AM9/11/16
to scintilla-interest
Hi Neil:

CompletionMethods (SC_AC_) are defined as Enum, but described as a bitmask in the documentation (http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#SCN_AUTOCSELECTION). This should probably be fixed in the docs (if my reading of the code is correct).

Paul.

Neil Hodgson

Sep 11, 2016, 4:13:24 AM9/11/16
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Paul K:

> CompletionMethods (SC_AC_) are defined as Enum, but described as a bitmask in the documentation (http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#SCN_AUTOCSELECTION). This should probably be fixed in the docs (if my reading of the code is correct).

Scintilla uses enum like C/C++ does, as a collection of related constants, allowing bitmasks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enumerated_type#C

They are not enumerated types in the Pascal sense.

Neil

Neil Hodgson

Sep 11, 2016, 5:32:52 AM9/11/16
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Paul K:

> CompletionMethods (SC_AC_) are defined as Enum, but described as a bitmask in the documentation (http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html#SCN_AUTOCSELECTION). This should probably be fixed in the docs (if my reading of the code is correct).

I see now - the values in the documentation are different to the header.

Fix committed:
https://sourceforge.net/p/scintilla/code/ci/587d71f80cbff347b72d12256b6e31a04a580b2a/

Neil