mnemonics

Alfred van Hoek

Nov 8, 2015, 1:38:48 PM11/8/15
to scintilla-interest
Is there a way or a setting that would avoid the appearance of mnemonics? I know I can avoid it by implementing a menu for control-f or command-f (windows, respectively, macosx), or acting on the charAdded notification and deleting it. Is there a specific "ControlCharSymbol" that could do the trick?

Neil Hodgson

Nov 9, 2015, 5:00:34 PM11/9/15
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Alfred van Hoek:

Is there a way or a setting that would avoid the appearance of mnemonics?

    Control characters may have different visuals

   Neil

Alfred van Hoek

Nov 9, 2015, 9:21:39 PM11/9/15
to scintilla-interest, nyama...@me.com
Neil,

I am very much aware of that. I wish I could change it to an upside-down question mark but not inverted (white on a black box). Actually, setting it to 191 does not show the upside down question-mark, just a black box (macosx). SetRepresentation seems to be cumbersome to do?

Thanks,
-Alfred

Neil Hodgson

Nov 10, 2015, 6:47:31 PM11/10/15
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Alfred van Hoek:

> I am very much aware of that. I wish I could change it to an upside-down question mark but not inverted (white on a black box). Actually, setting it to 191 does not show the upside down question-mark, just a black box (machos).

Likely to be an encoding issue.

Neil