Scintilla 3.7.5 released

Neil Hodgson

May 25, 2017, 7:07:59 PM5/25/17
to Scintilla mailing list
Scintilla 3.7.5 is now available from the scintilla.org web site.

Scintilla 3.7.5 contains minor features and bug fixes.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 is no longer supported due to increased use of C++11 features.

GCC 4.8, Visual C++ 2015, Xcode 8.2, and Clang 3.9 are supported.

The caret line may be highlighted with a rectangular frame. A "Reverse Selected Lines” feature was added.

The Baan, Bash, Fortran, PowerShell, Python, and YAML lexer/folders were updated.

This should be the last release before Scintilla is forked with a long term 3.x branch constrained to C++11 and the currently supported compilers and a 4.x branch which may use C++14 and C++17 features.

Other changes were made and bugs fixed. A detailed list of changes is available on the history page.
http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaHistory.html

Scintilla uses Mercurial (Hg) for source code control. The repository can be cloned with
hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/scintilla/code scintilla

Thanks to the contributors of code and documentation and to the testers.

Neil

Kristof Mulier

May 26, 2017, 4:23:10 AM5/26/17
to scintilla-interest, nyama...@me.com
Thank you Neil, for all your hard work!
Your software is awesome.

Stefan Küng

May 26, 2017, 3:46:02 PM5/26/17
to scintilla-interest, nyama...@me.com
the build fails for me if SCI_NAMESPACE is not defined:
the file CellBuffer.h contains lots of Sci: names in it, e.g. Sci::Position or Sci::Line.

And since the 3.7.1 release notes state that clients should not define SCI_NAMESPACE...

Stefan

Neil Hodgson

May 26, 2017, 6:09:41 PM5/26/17
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Stefan Küng:

> the build fails for me if SCI_NAMESPACE is not defined:
> the file CellBuffer.h contains lots of Sci: names in it, e.g. Sci::Position or Sci::Line.

The Sci namespace is not conditional, unlike the Scintilla namespace.

Its more likely that there is some code inside the Scintilla platform layer you are using that needs to include Position.h. Are you using the Qt platform layer distributed with standard Scintilla?

Neil

Stefan Küng

May 27, 2017, 3:32:32 AM5/27/17
to scintilla-interest, nyama...@me.com

No, I'm using the plain win32 platform layer. No Qt.

Stefan

Stefan Küng

May 27, 2017, 3:38:45 AM5/27/17
to scintilla-interest, nyama...@me.com

I think the CellBuffer.h file is just missing the line
#include "Position.h"

if I add that line, the build succeeds.

Stefan

Neil Hodgson

May 27, 2017, 4:55:42 AM5/27/17
to scintilla-interest
Stefan Küng:

> No, I'm using the plain win32 platform layer. No Qt

I can’t reproduce this with the scintilla375.zip download with MSVC 2017, either command line (nmake -f scintilla.mak) or opening and building the .vcxproj file in Visual C++. Using MinGW GCC 5.3.0 instead also worked without errors.

> I think the CellBuffer.h file is just missing the line
> #include "Position.h"
>
> if I add that line, the build succeeds.

I can’t see how that can make a difference. Can you please post a transcript of the full failing build and specify the compiler version?

Neil

Stefan Küng

May 27, 2017, 9:22:22 AM5/27/17
to scintilla-interest, nyama...@me.com

I'm using a custom created project file with VS2017.

Since I seem to be the only one with this problem, I can live with adding that line manually so my build succeeds.

Stefan