QScintilla installation on Python results in broken PyQt5

Kristof Mulier

Apr 4, 2017, 5:38:28 PM4/4/17
to scintilla-interest
I've installed the latest version of QScintilla on Python, in the following way:

> pip install qscintilla

Unfortunately, things go very wrong... You can find all the details on this StackOverflow question. Any help is greatly appreciated:

Matthew Brush

Apr 4, 2017, 7:29:45 PM4/4/17
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried the official Qt platform/bindings? I haven't used it with
Python, but the C++ API works fine with Qt5.

Regards,
Matthew Brush

Kristof Mulier

Apr 5, 2017, 4:32:59 AM4/5/17
to scintilla-interest
Thank you Matthew.
Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that (in Python).

John Ehresman

Apr 5, 2017, 9:41:32 AM4/5/17
to scintilla...@googlegroups.com
You may want to ask on the pyqt list at py...@riverbankcomputing.com I
think this is a PyQt installation issue.

Cheers,

John

Kristof Mulier

May 7, 2017, 4:18:53 PM5/7/17
to scintilla-interest
Hi jpe,

You were right. It had something to do with the PyQt installation done by Anaconda.

Solution is here:

Thank you very much :-)