To get really, really rich, all you need is capital gains, not profits.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jan 23, 2018, 8:39:50 AM1/23/18
To get really, really rich, all you need is capital gains, not profits.

Landlords can/do operate at a loss because property values are soaring.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jan 23, 2018, 10:45:09 AM1/23/18
> > Landlords can/do operate at a loss because property values are soaring.
>
> At times, this does happen -- but the money isn't real until
> it is cashed out.  This is the same mistake that people are
> making in watching their 401k balances.

" The median price of a single-family home in Seattle [ Nov 2017 ]
  grew 17.6 percent from a year prior. " -- Seattle Times.

No one wants to live in RightWing, conservative, religious places
like Arkansas and Syria -- so they escape to Seattle and London.

OnLine it's the same, everyone rushes to the liberal, modern sites,
with porn leading the way -- porn created the internet.

Originally, YouTube was to be called BoobTube, a place where
one could view Janet Jackson's boob ( Super Bowl, 2004 );
they changed the name because they didn't want to be "just porn".

My (Chinese) landlord cashes out every 5 years (refinancing),
making a hefty profit.  The money is put into a whole life policy
so nothing, no lawsuit, can take it.

He's poor ( and sick, from cancer ) but, when he dies,
his young wife ( and son ) will be rich.
In China, males inherit everything but must take care of the family.

Sadly, his son will be American, not Chinese,
so he'll probably just blow it, like a lottery winner.

> However, the new tax bill does contain some really interesting
> "rewards" specific to real estate.  If I've read it correctly,
> the change is that one can not only keep on rolling profits
> forward tax-free via reinvestments, but now when you die, the
> Estate gets a tax-free transfer with a jump up in cost basis
> for the next generation.  Yes, a multi-generational tax-free
> wealth propagation loophole for the "haves".

Melania and her child, Barron Trump,
are the (lottery) winners here, not Donald.
Donald thinks Barron will carry forward his work... but will he ? !

My landlord agrees with Trump, big time.

So there you have it, health ( mental and physical ) is everything.
Money is just a stupid game, like poker -- the house always wins;
it's a tax on people who can't do the math -- I'm a mathematician/programmer.

benj

Jan 23, 2018, 1:13:23 PM1/23/18
On 1/23/2018 8:39 AM, Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:
> To get really, really rich, all you need is capital gains, not profits.
>
> Landlords can/do operate at a loss because property values are soaring.

Used to, Rolf. Tax laws changed. And yeah, property values are really
"soaring" due to the recent real estate meltdown.

Rolf you are STILL an idiot.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jan 24, 2018, 1:10:28 AM1/24/18
> Barron Trump is autistic, destroyed by "preventive" medicine....

We've no evidence of that... zero, zip, nada.

> > Health ( mental and physical ) is everything.
>
> How do yo keep yo mental health?
> Is the 4k monitor and Win10 all what is needed
> to keep yo in shape at this age??

Work ( for money ), Usenet, Google,
WikiPedia and YouTube help, I think.

I program bank simulations for "The Bankers" ( ABA.COM )
and I manage a 32 unit rooming house.

Four of my tenants died, one was a drug overdose.
Two lost their minds ( self medicating ).
I see it all, the good and the bad.

Doomsdrzej

Jan 24, 2018, 8:20:35 AM1/24/18
Are you one of those two tenants?

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jan 25, 2018, 1:20:22 AM1/25/18
> > Four of my tenants died, one was a drug overdose.
> > Two lost their minds ( self medicating ).
> > I see it all, the good and the bad.
>
> Yo better off than them, and perhaps even yo landlord
> dying from cancer ( oily Chinese food overdose? ).

My landlord eats "properly"; lots of veggies, little meat.
He's trim, I'm fat; I smoke, he doesn't.
Chemo nearly killed him, leaving him weak&poor; I'm strong.

Air causes cancer; breath too much of it, and you're dead.
Steve Jobs ate only the seeds and fruits of plants because
he couldn't bare the thought of harming them.  Dead at 56.

  Health ( mental and physical ) is everything.
  Money is just a stupid game, like poker -- the house always wins;
  it's a tax on people who can't do math -- I'm a mathematician.

> How 'bout your rubber toys, are they keeping you in shape down there ?

They left me for a better man ( better looking, with better drugs ).

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jan 25, 2018, 1:20:22 AM1/25/18
> > Four of my tenants died, one was a drug overdose.
> > Two lost their minds ( self medicating ).
> > I see it all, the good and the bad.
>
> Yo better off than them, and perhaps even yo landlord
> dying from cancer ( oily Chinese food overdose? ).

My landlord eats "properly"; lots of veggies, little meat.
He's trim, I'm fat; I smoke, he doesn't.
Chemo nearly killed him, leaving him weak&poor; I'm strong.

Air causes cancer; breath too much of it, and you're dead.
Steve Jobs ate only the seeds and fruits of plants because
he couldn't bare the thought of harming them.  Dead at 56.

  Health ( mental and physical ) is everything.
  Money is just a stupid game, like poker -- the house always wins;
  it's a tax on people who can't do math -- I'm a mathematician.

> How 'bout your rubber toys, are they keeping you in shape down there ?

They left me for a better man ( better looking, with better drugs ).

Doomsdrzej

Jan 25, 2018, 9:22:21 AM1/25/18
On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 22:19:59 -0800 (Seattle), Jeff-Relf.Me @. wrote:

>> > Four of my tenants died, one was a drug overdose.
>> > Two lost their minds ( self medicating ).
>> > I see it all, the good and the bad.
>>
>> Yo better off than them, and perhaps even yo landlord
>> dying from cancer ( oily Chinese food overdose? ).
>
>My landlord eats "properly"; lots of veggies, little meat.
>He's trim, I'm fat; I smoke, he doesn't.
>Chemo nearly killed him, leaving him weak&poor; I'm strong.

That's because chemotherapy is a scam. It has a 5% chance of actually
improving anything and even if it gets rid of your cancer, it just
comes back within five years. The most effective way to counter cancer
is to have a vegan diet which excludes meat and animal products
completely.

>Air causes cancer; breath too much of it, and you're dead.
>Steve Jobs ate only the seeds and fruits of plants because
>he couldn't bare the thought of harming them. Dead at 56.

While it's a shame that he died the way he did from something which
shouldn't have affected him, I have trouble believing that his diet
was responsible for his cancer. I reckon he might have been exposed to
radioactive material or something.

> Health ( mental and physical ) is everything.
> Money is just a stupid game, like poker -- the house always wins;
> it's a tax on people who can't do math -- I'm a mathematician.

Your explanaton for why you're dirt poor is laughable.

chrisv

Jan 25, 2018, 10:13:25 AM1/25/18
Doomsdrzej wrote:

>That's because chemotherapy is a scam. It has a 5% chance

I hope that no one is stupid-enough to believe one word from the
ignorant, lying, right-wing propagandist.

--
"Democrats ARE Communists." - "Slimer", AKA "Doomsdrzej"

benj

Jan 25, 2018, 2:20:52 PM1/25/18
Hubris, Rolf, followed inevitably and inexorably by nemesis.

You are still an idiot.

Double-A

Jan 25, 2018, 6:22:13 PM1/25/18
Sounds like a real flop house!

Double-A

Michael Moroney

Jan 25, 2018, 6:23:37 PM1/25/18
On 1/25/2018 1:19 AM, Jeff-Relf.Me@. wrote:

>> How 'bout your rubber toys, are they keeping you in shape down there ?
>
> They left me for a better man ( better looking, with better drugs ).

Even Jeff's rubber toys run away from him?

Jeff-Relf.Me

Jan 25, 2018, 11:22:23 PM1/25/18
> > Four of my tenants died, one was a drug overdose.
> > Two lost their minds ( self medicating ).
> > I see it all, the good and the bad.
>
> Sounds like a real flop house!

No, we're talking 7+ years, 32 units, heavy turn over.  The four were:

  96 years old, died of old age.
  79 years old, died of old age.
  56 years old, throat cancer; HEAVY coffee drinker/pot smoker, poker player.
  28 years old, drug overdose; stripper, sugar baby, sex worker.

Christian America endangers/kills sex workers.
When one dies, they say, " See, that's what happens; don't do it ".