Synopsis: Tuning Casimir Forces

Sam Wormley

Feb 26, 2015, 10:51:19 AM2/26/15

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion
of physics, news from the physics community, and physics-related

reber g=emc^2

Feb 26, 2015, 3:29:11 PM2/26/15
Its shows greater wave force surround the plates then inside the tiny area that seperates the plates. Since the plates are metal its reality that given a charge would create magnetic field . Sam this is a given and is old science TreBert

Alie...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2015, 4:23:12 PM2/26/15
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 12:29:11 PM UTC-8, reber g=emc^2 wrote:
> On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 7:51:19 AM UTC-8, Sam Wormley wrote:
> > Synopsis: Tuning Casimir Forces
> > > http://physics.aps.org/synopsis-for/10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.236806
> >
> > > When two uncharged metallic mirrors are placed sufficiently close in
> > > a vacuum, fluctuations in the quantum vacuum field create an
> > > attractive force between them, known as the Casimir force. But if the
> > > mirrors are made of graphene, instead of a metal, something different
> > > can happen in the presence of a magnetic field. Writing in Physical
> > > Review Letters, Wang-Kong Tse and Allan MacDonald at the University
> > > of Texas at Austin investigate a possible method for controlling and
> > > even eliminating the Casimir force in this manner.
> > >
> > > The scheme exploits the emergence of discrete Landau energy levels in
> > > graphene, arising from the quantum Hall effect induced by a strong
> > > magnetic field. The Casimir effect thus becomes dependent on the Hall
> > > conductivity, which in turn leads to the quantization of the Casimir
> > > force and allows tuning it electrically between repulsive and
> > > attractive values. The authors' calculations show that the Casimir
> > > force can be strongly suppressed when one of the mirrors is charge
> > > neutral.
> >
> > sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion
> > of physics, news from the physics community,

Yeah...

> > and physics-related social issues.

Says who?

> Its shows greater wave force surround the plates then inside the tiny area
> that seperates the plates. Since the plates are metal its reality that given
> a charge would create magnetic field . Sam this is a given and is old science >TreBert

No, Bert, this is actually a big deal. Yeah, the Casimir effect is old news, but *modulating it* with a magnetic field is new.

As a practical side benefit a way has been found to make graphene into a sort of semiconductor.

Mark L. Fergerson

hanson

Feb 26, 2015, 4:45:43 PM2/26/15
"reber g=emc^2" <herbert...@gmail.com> wrote

"Sam Wormley" <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > http://physics.aps.org/synopsis-for/10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.236806
Hulse and Taylor earned the 1993 Nobel Prize in Physics
"for the discovery of a pulsar, opened up possibilities for
the **** study *** of gravitation."

"reber g=emc^2" wrote:
Sam Never has a "GRAVITY WAVE" ever been picked up.
My 2015 Corvette will make waves when I floor it to 270 mph
So where is my Nobel. TreBert

"Sam Wormley" wrote:
> The orbit has decayed in the binary **STAR** system
> in agreement with Einstein's general theory of
> relativity.

AHAHAHAHA... & Einstein Dingleberry Sam, cheered:
... " Yay -- Einstein gets it right. "

"reber g=emc^2" wrote:
Its shows greater wave force surround the ***PLATES***
Since the plates when given a charge create magnetic
field . Sam this is a given and is old science TreBert.

hanson wrote:
I have seen'em come & I have seen'em go, but you
guys have taken the cake... ahahaha... One of you
sings about STARS & the other one about PLATES.

One of you praise Einstein whose Sphincter he worships
and other one praises a Corvette he does not have.

This is hilarious!... and now the drum roll... for "reber's"
"g=emc^2" which is an acronym, that says:

___ "glazier exhibits micro cephalic cretinism" ___

which, as seen now, is able to lead and teach the
Worm about it. It is a given! O ya!. Get the picture.

ahahahaha... ROTFLMAO... Thx FTL... ahahahanson

Y.Porat

Feb 27, 2015, 3:50:30 AM2/27/15
see the Y Circlon mechanism

ATB