Zoom the AddressBar, like a WebSite.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 24, 2018, 8:30:15 AM4/24/18
> > > <chrome://chrome-urls/>
>
> They may not do what you have in mind but
> they do have *something* to do with them.

They have (lame) "settings", but none is the AddressBar.
See: "#urlbar" in "Jeff-Relf.Me/userChrome.CSS.TXT"

...\browser\content\browser\Browser.CSS

GoogleChrome remembers the zoom settings of each WebSite;
ideally, users could Zoom the AddressBar, like a WebSite.

> > Does GoogleChrome even have a SearchBar ?
>
> The address bar is also the search bar.

So, UnLike FireFox users, GoogleChrome users can't
UnDo/ReDo/Edit SearchBar text without losing sight of the current URL,
and/or selecting it from the URL history.

> > Google MicroSoft ( for help ): Jeff-Relf.Me/MicroSoft.XML
> > www.google.com/search?q= {searchTerms} site:microsoft.com
>
> Can you put up a screencast of you using them?

It's 30 Megs, 1920x1080 ( 25% of my screen ), 30 fps, AVC x264;
recorded using IceCream ScreenRecorder ( 33$, after tax ),
then << ffmpeg -i SearchBar.mp4 SearchBar.MKV >>:

Jeff-Relf.Me/SearchBar.MKV

Snit

Apr 25, 2018, 12:11:18 AM4/25/18
Pretty cool... I have searches set up in my right-click menu when I
select any word in almost any program. Works much the same. Here is an
older version of what I have now:

<https://youtu.be/oiLKgUwuIf0>
<https://youtu.be/N1wbphwWqu4>

Like seeing how others do similar things (make a bunch of searches easy
to get to)

somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

<https://youtu.be/H4NW-Cqh308>

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 25, 2018, 7:41:32 AM4/25/18
> Pretty cool, especially with that 1970s vibe ;)
> Why'd you keep saying I can't see ?

You could only see the UpperLeft, 25%, of my 4k screen.
"SearchBar.MKV" is now ( 4k, 14 minutes, 125 Megs ):

Jeff-Relf.Me/My.Surfing.Habits.MKV
-or-
YouTube.COM/watch?v=2XlyaFPpQa4

> Are you still smoking?
> You need to stop that before you keel over;
> sounds like you're already working on throat cancer.

No, I was just fading in an out of consciousness, 5am;
like a villan on TV, using his last breath to tell all;
Droop, Drool... Big Suck, Alert... Repeat.

Also, I was pausing a lot, to think of what to show next.

Snit

Apr 25, 2018, 10:53:50 AM4/25/18
On 4/25/18, 4:41 AM, Jeff-Relf.Me @. wrote:
>> Pretty cool, especially with that 1970s vibe ;)
>> Why'd you keep saying I can't see ?
>
> You could only see the UpperLeft, 25%, of my 4k screen.
> "SearchBar.MKV" is now ( 4k, 14 minutes, 125 Megs ):
>
> Jeff-Relf.Me/My.Surfing.Habits.MKV
> -or-
> YouTube.COM/watch?v=2XlyaFPpQa4

Thanks for sharing... gives a MUCH better idea of what you do with your
desktop than still images. Your web surfing is not my cup of tea, but I
can certainly see where it offers you advantages and it gives me things
to consider in terms of my own setup.

>> Are you still smoking?
>> You need to stop that before you keel over;
>> sounds like you're already working on throat cancer.
>
> No, I was just fading in an out of consciousness, 5am;
> like a villan on TV, using his last breath to tell all;
> Droop, Drool... Big Suck, Alert... Repeat.
>
> Also, I was pausing a lot, to think of what to show next.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 25, 2018, 12:00:15 PM4/25/18
> > "My Surfing Habits" YouTube.COM/watch?v=2XlyaFPpQa4
>
> Your web surfing is not my cup of tea, but I can
> certainly see where it offers you advantages
> and it gives me things to consider in terms of my own setup.

I quickly switch "where/how/what" I search, OnTheFly;
my SearchBox, has large, editable text ( UnDo/ReDo ).

Can you "UnDo/ReDo/Edit" SearchBar text without losing sight
of the current URL, and/or selecting it from the URL history ?

Can you Zoom the AddressBar ?

> Thanks for sharing... gives a MUCH better idea of
> what you do with your desktop than still images.

Yeah, I love YouTube; if only I felt the same about painting,
fixing windows, installing shades, vacuuming, cleaning, etc.

Snit

Apr 25, 2018, 12:40:20 PM4/25/18
On 4/25/18, 9:00 AM, Jeff-Relf.Me @. wrote:
>>> "My Surfing Habits" YouTube.COM/watch?v=2XlyaFPpQa4
>>
>> Your web surfing is not my cup of tea, but I can
>> certainly see where it offers you advantages
>> and it gives me things to consider in terms of my own setup.
>
> I quickly switch "where/how/what" I search, OnTheFly;
> my SearchBox, has large, editable text ( UnDo/ReDo ).
>
> Can you "UnDo/ReDo/Edit" SearchBar text without losing sight
> of the current URL, and/or selecting it from the URL history ?

Nope. I can undo closing of tabs, and I can do a search on any term I
want with the right click menu, and do so from pretty much any search
engine I want (have to preset it). I can do this from most applications.

> Can you Zoom the AddressBar ?

Was likely in your video but not even sure I know what you mean here.

>> Thanks for sharing... gives a MUCH better idea of
>> what you do with your desktop than still images.
>
> Yeah, I love YouTube; if only I felt the same about painting,
> fixing windows, installing shades, vacuuming, cleaning, etc.

LOL! Yeah... I am in the middle of a number of projects at my house --
fixing the porch, making a bunk bed for one of my daughters (or a
storage unit about her bed that can be used as a second bunk when she
wants, whatever), etc. Those things I enjoy... cleaning, not so much.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 25, 2018, 12:41:27 PM4/25/18
> > > "My Surfing Habits" YouTube.COM/watch?v=2XlyaFPpQa4
> > > Droop, Drool... Big Suck, Alert... Repeat. Pausing, thinking.
> >
> > I tried to grab that video again but it was gone
> > so I watched the YT one. Tons of stuff there!
>
> at first, I didn't understand what you were trying
> to do with YT styling. The [second] video makes it clear
> that your computing life is based on that theme.

Michael Glasser didn't get it either, with the first video;
like you, he understood the second one ( because it was fullscreen ? ).
I thought he was just trolling me, for a (wicked) laugh.

I make perfect sense (to me), with just text and a ScreenShot;
so the first video seemed like over kill; still, no one understood it.

YouTube somehow managed to double the size of the video I uploaded;
from 125 to 250 megs. I like how it converted my speech to subtitles;
it removed (many) "ums" and "ahs" but (many) slurred words baffled it.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 25, 2018, 1:37:33 PM4/25/18

> > Michael Glasser didn't get it either, with the first video;
> > like you, he understood the second one ( because it was fullscreen ? ).
> > I thought he was just trolling me, for a (wicked) laugh.
> >
> > I make perfect sense (to me), with just text and a ScreenShot;
> > so the first video seemed like over kill; still, no one understood it.
>
> I meant that I didn't understand from awhile back, when I first noticed
> you trying to style YT (months ago?). When I saw your first video in this
> thread I got it right away.

Michael Glasser frustrates me.

When I asked "Can you Zoom the AddressBar ?", he replied:
"not sure I know what you mean here".

What ? ! Why ? ! How ? !
Could I explain it to him, if I tried, 50 times ? !

Safari users can zoom pages ( in and out, larger and smaller );
and, when they come back, the zoom setting remains;
Safari knows that you want that page, and only that page, zoomed that way.

Why wouldn't the URL bar work the same way ? ! Why can't you zoom it ? !

Why no Search Bar ? ! Why not make it an option, if not the default ? !

Why not have 20 different ways to -quickly- search for something ? !

WikiQuotes, Dictionary.COM, YouTube, Images, MicroSoft, WikiPedia, etc. ? !

Snit

Apr 25, 2018, 1:40:34 PM4/25/18
On 4/25/18, 9:41 AM, Jeff-Relf.Me @. wrote:

>>> I tried to grab that video again but it was gone
>>> so I watched the YT one. Tons of stuff there!
>>
>> at first, I didn't understand what you were trying
>> to do with YT styling. The [second] video makes it clear
>> that your computing life is based on that theme.
>
> Michael Glasser didn't get it either, with the first video;
> like you, he understood the second one ( because it was fullscreen ? ).
> I thought he was just trolling me, for a (wicked) laugh.
>
> I make perfect sense (to me), with just text and a ScreenShot;
> so the first video seemed like over kill; still, no one understood it.

I think I got it even with the first video... but not with the still
shots. Even now, of course, I only get the basic ideas... not of the
search engines but of the whole setup.

Would love to see you do some of the "tasks" that people talk about...
see how your setup works with that.

> YouTube somehow managed to double the size of the video I uploaded;
> from 125 to 250 megs. I like how it converted my speech to subtitles;
> it removed (many) "ums" and "ahs" but (many) slurred words baffled it.

For doing annotations I will upload to YouTube, let them do most of the
work, then download the SRT file and import it into local software and
edit. Works reasonably well. I am thankful I do not have to do that
often. :)

Snit

Apr 25, 2018, 2:10:59 PM4/25/18
On 4/25/18, 10:37 AM, Jeff-Relf.Me @. wrote:

>>> Michael Glasser didn't get it either, with the first video;
>>> like you, he understood the second one ( because it was fullscreen ? ).
>>> I thought he was just trolling me, for a (wicked) laugh.
>>>
>>> I make perfect sense (to me), with just text and a ScreenShot;
>>> so the first video seemed like over kill; still, no one understood it.
>>
>> I meant that I didn't understand from awhile back, when I first noticed
>> you trying to style YT (months ago?). When I saw your first video in this
>> thread I got it right away.
>
> Michael Glasser frustrates me.
>
> When I asked "Can you Zoom the AddressBar ?", he replied:
> "not sure I know what you mean here".
>
> What ? ! Why ? ! How ? !
> Could I explain it to him, if I tried, 50 times ? !
>
> Safari users can zoom pages ( in and out, larger and smaller );
> and, when they come back, the zoom setting remains;
> Safari knows that you want that page, and only that page, zoomed that way.
>
> Why wouldn't the URL bar work the same way ? ! Why can't you zoom it ? !

I can zoom the screen... but not sure I would want to zoom just one
widget. But, nope, I cannot think of a way to do that.

> Why no Search Bar ? ! Why not make it an option, if not the default ? !

Saves screen real estate, but if I wanted I could use another browser
that had one. I am not locked into Safari. I also have from Safari the
option to open the page in another browser. This comes in handy when I
run out of "views" on some news sites (could also just block cookies I
suppose).

> Why not have 20 different ways to -quickly- search for something ? !

Well, I do not have 20 but I do have quite a few, as I have shown you. :)

Seriously, if you want to see how I do searching I can show you that.

> WikiQuotes, Dictionary.COM, YouTube, Images, MicroSoft, WikiPedia, etc. ? !

I have a "Look Up Service" that gives me much of that and more,
including maps and music and videos (mostly YouTube but it will also
look at others) -- and all context sensitive (only showing maps when I
select an address or famous landmark or the like).

I have other services to specifically go to Google, Urban Dictionary,
Thesaurus.com, OneLook.com, Google Translate, Google Define,
Dictionary.com, Usenet Message by ID, etc.

I can make a video to show you at some point. Right now running back and
forth from here, to making a flan-like dessert, to working on a home
project (making shelves and the like for above the bed I think I
mentioned before).

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 25, 2018, 2:11:33 PM4/25/18
> Would love to see you do some of the "tasks" that people talk about...
> see how your setup works with that.

Were I to follow recipes ( I don't ),
I'd copy them to my text editor, Visual Studio.

> For doing annotations I will upload to YouTube, let them do most of the
> work, then download the SRT file and import it into local software and
> edit. Works reasonably well. I am thankful I do not have to do that
> often. :)

Right, I'd do the same, if I thought someone would see it.

ffmPeg -i SomeVid.MKV -map 0:s Subtitle.TXT.SRT

Snit

Apr 25, 2018, 2:27:17 PM4/25/18
On 4/25/18, 11:11 AM, Jeff-Relf.Me @. wrote:
>> Would love to see you do some of the "tasks" that people talk about...
>> see how your setup works with that.
>
> Were I to follow recipes ( I don't ),
> I'd copy them to my text editor, Visual Studio.

How about something like this?

<https://youtu.be/J1yjDS6cles>

>> For doing annotations I will upload to YouTube, let them do most of the
>> work, then download the SRT file and import it into local software and
>> edit. Works reasonably well. I am thankful I do not have to do that
>> often. :)
>
> Right, I'd do the same, if I thought someone would see it.
>
> ffmPeg -i SomeVid.MKV -map 0:s Subtitle.TXT.SRT

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 25, 2018, 2:45:31 PM4/25/18
> How [ would you do ] something like this ? :
> "Annotating an image in mail" youtu.be/J1yjDS6cles

I use "Nitro Pro" to edit PDF files.

To share it, I use MicroSoft's OneDrive, or
upload it to my server ( Via a RightClick ), and send a link.

My way is harder than yours, but I don't mind,
because I don't get many (silly) emails like that.

Snit

Apr 25, 2018, 3:08:29 PM4/25/18
Fair enough... I do quite a bit with other people and often get and send
emails with images. The fact I can do this quickly is a benefit to me.

You have some cool things with searching that I do not... and that is
important to you. Still might make a video showing how I do the type of
searching that is important to me -- there is some overlap but we each
have things the other does not.

Jeff-Relf.Me

Apr 25, 2018, 3:37:04 PM4/25/18
> > My way is harder than yours, but I don't mind,
> > because I don't get many (silly) emails like that.
>
> Fair enough... I do quite a bit with other people and often get and send
> emails with images. The fact I can do this quickly is a benefit to me.

I can see that. Our lives are different; so we do things differently.

> might make a video showing how I do the type of searching
> that is important to me -- there is some overlap
> but we each have things the other does not.

Cool; we have different needs, no doubt.