How long will life survive?

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 11:06:00 AM2/16/17
How long will life survive? There are life forms which can survive the cold and radiation of space. So life may have transferred from Mars to Earth or vice versa. In billions of years the sun will turn into a red giant, destroying the Earth.

Hopefully by then we would have mastered space travel, and reached the stars. But eventually even the smaller long lived stars will die. The universe will be a cold and dark world in the far future. With no source of energy, how would life survive? Is it possible to harness the energy of the vacuum?

Abhinav Lal
Writer & Investor

Alan Folmsbee

Feb 16, 2017, 11:37:36 AM2/16/17
Life is a phase that will be succeeded by vife at the middle of
negative infinity and zife at the speed of light.

Poutnik

Feb 16, 2017, 11:49:45 AM2/16/17
IMHO, the survival of humans in next few hundred years
is much more to be concerned of.

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

A wise man guards words he says,
as they say about him more,
than he says about the subject.

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 12:21:04 PM2/16/17
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 10:19:45 PM UTC+5:30, Poutnik Fornntp wrote:
> On 02/16/2017 05:05 PM, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> > How long will life survive? There are life forms which can survive the cold and radiation of space. So life may have transferred from Mars to Earth or vice versa. In billions of years the sun will turn into a red giant, destroying the Earth.
> >
> > Hopefully by then we would have mastered space travel, and reached the stars. But eventually even the smaller long lived stars will die. The universe will be a cold and dark world in the far future. With no source of energy, how would life survive? Is it possible to harness the energy of the vacuum?
> >
> > Abhinav Lal
> > Writer & Investor
> >

> IMHO, the survival of humans in next few hundred years
> is much more to be concerned of.

Humans have taken control of the planet, and we are in the anthropocene. Humanity can't be saved, but life must go on. Maybe in another hundred million years, intelligent life would once again evolve. Let us hope that they find the ruins of our civilisation, and learn a lesson, to not repeat our mistakes.

Abhinav Lal
Writer & Investor

edpr...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 1:44:18 PM2/16/17
I think, unfortunately, that humankind will not master space travel,
well, at least not interstellar space travel. So IMHO, we have just a
few billion years.

And I think I am being optimistic. There are lots of ways we may destroy
ourselves and our eco-system, shortening our species lifespan.

Ed.

reber G=emc^2

Feb 16, 2017, 3:49:23 PM2/16/17
Microbes first to live,and last life to die on Earth. Microbes out weigh all life combined by 3X. That has to tell humankind something.O ya Trebert

Double-A

Feb 16, 2017, 5:07:42 PM2/16/17
Microbes are probably still living on Mars, an otherwise dead planet. As you said, the last to die.

Double-A

hanson

Feb 16, 2017, 5:27:46 PM2/16/17
>"reber G=emc^2" <herbert...@gmail.com> is
<http://tinyurl.com/Loudmouth-Glazier-8Feb2017> [1]
..."has to tell something.O ya" when Trebert is pimping
himself with his addiction & obsession to lie, plagiarize,
to parrot, throw buzzwords around but has no idea what
they mean... AND Bert behave like a dog that barks into
the night at a distant noise he knows nothing about....
but is compelled & driven to do this:

< http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8MGOU-CQAEaZw4.jpg>
to "Anon Y Mouse" & 8 other Glazier-shit-eaters, as seen
in [1], by the Full Swine & Criminal Graveyard Vandal Glazier.

PS2:
Glazier is at the bottom of the barrel of communist
US Jews who are traitors that have whored down
this nation. How they did it is seen above and why
so, is described & detailed by the eminent Jewish
Scholar Harold Wallace Rosenthal ||R:|| in his epic
<http://tinyurl.com/The-HW-Rosenthal-interview-XT>

The Starmaker

Feb 16, 2017, 7:05:21 PM2/16/17
if everything that contains life would disapear....what would be left?

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2017, 1:15:49 AM2/17/17
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 12:14:18 AM UTC+5:30, edpr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 11:06:00 AM UTC-5, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> > How long will life survive? There are life forms which can survive the
> > cold and radiation of space. So life may have transferred from Mars to
> > Earth or vice versa. In billions of years the sun will turn into a red
> > giant, destroying the Earth.
> >
> > Hopefully by then we would have mastered space travel, and reached the
> > stars. But eventually even the smaller long lived stars will die. The
> > universe will be a cold and dark world in the far future. With no source
> > of energy, how would life survive? Is it possible to harness the energy
> > of the vacuum?
> >
> > Abhinav Lal
> > Writer & Investor
>
> I think, unfortunately, that humankind will not master space travel,
> well, at least not interstellar space travel. So IMHO, we have just a
> few billion years.

The future is uncertain, we just need a few creative people out of billions, to create interstellar space ships. But the further forward in time we go, the harder it becomes to predict our level of technology.

However, as GDP per capita continues to grow, it is plausible that everyone will be able to go to space in a thousand years.

> And I think I am being optimistic. There are lots of ways we may destroy
> ourselves and our eco-system, shortening our species lifespan.

Humanity may very well be doomed. Most species of animal life that have lived on earth are now extinct. Technology and science has the capacity to both save us and doom us.

> Ed.

The Starmaker

Feb 17, 2017, 1:24:38 PM2/17/17
of course, you would have to define "life" first...

but if it includes everything containg atoms, then rocks is life..

but then you have particles that space is made of, ...do you include
that also????

ric...@microscitech.com

Feb 17, 2017, 3:22:58 PM2/17/17
Most of the replies on this seem very pessimistic, or just plain quackery, as per usual on sci.physics.

Mankind will survive and expand beyond our local neighbourhood as sure as eggs is eggs. What was impossible a few hundred years ago is now easily possible. OK, so we are always overly optimistic (do I have a robot vacuuming my house yet? no!) but, allowing for natural exageration, we'll get there in the end.

So, where the hell are the others?

I can assure you we will be out there, providing our spaceships don't use the Internet or Windows, or both.

Richard Miller
http://www.urmt.org

benj

Feb 17, 2017, 4:35:51 PM2/17/17
You are right about the Windoze comment. As a piece of data I point to
the famous boat on a rope incident where the Navy got the brilliant idea
that a battleship could be run using Windows NT. Needless to say it
didn't get too far before the OS crashed and the whole ship had to be
embarrassingly towed back to port. Now imagine that in space.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 17, 2017, 5:16:07 PM2/17/17
The last battleship built by the US was launched in January 1944.

The last serving battleship was decommisioned in March 1992.

Windows NT was released in July 1993.

--
Jim Pennino

Mahipal

Feb 17, 2017, 5:23:56 PM2/17/17
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 11:06:00 AM UTC-5, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
Well TrumpET's been in office a month, I say life survives until Tuesday.

-- Mahipal “IPMM... माहिपाल ७६३८: d(me) != 0 ... me alwa(y)s changes...”

benj

Feb 17, 2017, 7:44:51 PM2/17/17
Well excuse me all to hell Mr. know-it-all. So it was some kind of large
WARSHIP. OK? IF you are so damn smart, then why don't you know of this
incident? Use your computer to look it up if you can handle that much
science. I again point out that even Bert and John have proved they know
more science than you.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 17, 2017, 9:31:04 PM2/17/17
Starting in 1996, the USS Yorktown, a Ticonderoga-class crusier commisioned
in 1984, was used as a testbed for the Navy's Smart Ship program which
was a program to develop automation of ship's systems to reduce personel
costs.

A zero entered into a database field casued a division by zero error
with the end result of a propulsion systems error that took 2 hours
and 45 minutes to fix before propulsion was restored.

To summerize:

It was an old crusier, not a new ship nor a battleship, being used
as a test bed for a research project.

The system failed not because of an OS crash but because of buffer
overflow from an invalid data entry.

The ship had been functioning for about a year before the incident.

The ship was not towed anywhere.

--
Jim Pennino

HVAC

Feb 18, 2017, 12:33:40 PM2/18/17
Jim Pennino
> Well excuse me all to hell Mr. know-it-all. So it was some kind of large
> WARSHIP. OK? IF you are so damn smart, then why don't you know of this
> incident? Use your computer to look it up if you can handle that much
> science. I again point out that even Bert and John have proved they know
> more science than you.

Starting in 1996, the USS Yorktown, a Ticonderoga-class crusier commisioned
in 1984, was used as a testbed for the Navy's Smart Ship program which
was a program to develop automation of ship's systems to reduce personel
costs.

A zero entered into a database field casued a division by zero error
with the end result of a propulsion systems error that took 2 hours
and 45 minutes to fix before propulsion was restored.

To summerize:

It was an old crusier, not a new ship nor a battleship, being used
as a test bed for a research project.

The system failed not because of an OS crash but because of buffer
overflow from an invalid data entry.

The ship had been functioning for about a year before the incident.

The ship was not towed anywhere.
------------

BJ you just got schooled.

You lying cocksucker.

reber G=emc^2

Feb 18, 2017, 1:24:42 PM2/18/17
AA Microbes live 5 miles underground here on Earth.On Mars deeper is better.Microbes need water,and Mars has no surface water.My red clames are kept alive by Mars microbes.O ya Trebert

reber G=emc^2

Feb 18, 2017, 1:32:39 PM2/18/17
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 8:06:00 AM UTC-8, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
Humankind(warm blooded animals) came to be.Keep in mind rat type animal lived in tunnels underground and eat dinasour eggs(their one and only diet) Its a better theory than a comet hitting in the Gulf of Mexico.I always have better theories Just ask and see.TreBert

hanson

Feb 18, 2017, 1:52:58 PM2/18/17
"reber G=emc^2" <herbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
"Keep in mind rat type Glazier is shitting in the Gulf of
Mexico.I always have better theories Just ask and see
how <http://tinyurl.com/Loudmouth-Glazier-8Feb2017>
began to post his Lies, Shit & Galzierola.TreBert

..... ahahahahaha...

hanson

Feb 18, 2017, 1:52:58 PM2/18/17

"reber G=emc^2" <herbert...@gmail.com> is kept alive by
him being <http://tinyurl.com/Loudmouth-Glazier-8Feb2017>
who began to post his, Lies, Shit & Galzierola, O ya Trebert

..... ahahahahaha...

Double-A

Feb 18, 2017, 5:00:02 PM2/18/17
On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 10:24:42 AM UTC-8, reber G=emc^2 wrote:
> On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 2:07:42 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:

> > > Microbes first to live,and last life to die on Earth. Microbes out weigh all life combined by 3X. That has to tell humankind something.O ya Trebert
> >

> > Microbes are probably still living on Mars, an otherwise dead planet. As you said, the last to die.
> >
> > Double-A
>
> AA Microbes live 5 miles underground here on Earth.

Inside solid rock!

On Mars deeper is better.Microbes need water,and Mars has no surface water.My red clames are kept alive by Mars microbes.O ya Trebert

Microbes no doubt, but I doubt your red clams have survived.

Double-A

benj

Feb 18, 2017, 5:22:27 PM2/18/17
1. Cruiser is a warship.

2. Buffer overflow is OS crash if there was one. And it was unrecoverable.

3. The ship was inoperable and had to be towed back to port.

4. Who knows what incident Chimp dug up. Certainly not the one I'm
referring to. He just digs up anything that is plausible and pretends
it's what you are talking about. Remember when he "proved" a stone ball
couldn't have a dull spot on the bottom in spite of the fact the picture
online had the spot clearly visible. Jim is an insane and uneducated and
senile as you are.

Both of you should try a little honesty sometime. Too many years on the
gummint payroll I suspect.

benj

Feb 18, 2017, 6:54:46 PM2/18/17
Cruiser is not a warship? right? The ship I was talking about WAS
inoperable and towed back to port. That is truth. Who in hell knows what
you looked up. Your blather isn't worth my time to go dig out the
original source. SHIP BECAME INOPERABLE AND WAS TOWED TO PORT. I
couldn't miss a thing like that! Or do journalists like HVAC lie? Say it
ain't so chimp, say it ain't so.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 18, 2017, 7:01:05 PM2/18/17
So what?

So is a PT boat.

> 2. Buffer overflow is OS crash if there was one. And it was unrecoverable.

Buffer overflow from a divide by zero error is not an OS issue by any
stretch of the imagination.

> 3. The ship was inoperable and had to be towed back to port.

Nope, they got the engines going engine and the ship was not towed.

> 4. Who knows what incident Chimp dug up.

The incident was the one and only incdident where computer systems rendered
a US Navy warship inoperable for a short period of time.

> Certainly not the one I'm
> referring to. He just digs up anything that is plausible and pretends
> it's what you are talking about. Remember when he "proved" a stone ball
> couldn't have a dull spot on the bottom in spite of the fact the picture
> online had the spot clearly visible. Jim is an insane and uneducated and
> senile as you are.
>
> Both of you should try a little honesty sometime. Too many years on the
> gummint payroll I suspect.

Usual troll babble.

--
Jim Pennino

benj

Feb 18, 2017, 7:02:50 PM2/18/17
Don't be fooled by all the Proggie wishful thinking. Like HVAC they
think all their fantasies will come true and the communist revolution
for America is just around the corner. Get ready for that worker's
paradise, Looperji! But it's best to not let journalists do your
thinking as they were all born without brains or honesty.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 18, 2017, 7:16:04 PM2/18/17
Troll babble.

There has been no US Navy warship that had to be towed to port because of
a software failure.

There were some that said the USS Yorktown had to be towed, but that has
never been shown to be other than blather.

--
Jim Pennino

benj

Feb 18, 2017, 7:22:37 PM2/18/17
Depends where the divide error occured, obviously. I"m sure you know
exactly where...NOt. Note crash was NOT recoverable. This was not some
simple ap error. If a reboot wouldn't fix it.

>> 3. The ship was inoperable and had to be towed back to port.
>
> Nope, they got the engines going engine and the ship was not towed.

Not the story I read. Of course we do know all journalists lie. Right?
I'm sure the Navy having thier pet project towed back to port wasn't
embarassing and they'd never lie about it. HVAC told me governments
NEVER lie.

>> 4. Who knows what incident Chimp dug up.
>
> The incident was the one and only incdident where computer systems rendered
> a US Navy warship inoperable for a short period of time.
>
>> Certainly not the one I'm
>> referring to. He just digs up anything that is plausible and pretends
>> it's what you are talking about. Remember when he "proved" a stone ball
>> couldn't have a dull spot on the bottom in spite of the fact the picture
>> online had the spot clearly visible. Jim is an insane and uneducated and
>> senile as you are.
>>
>> Both of you should try a little honesty sometime. Too many years on the
>> gummint payroll I suspect.
>
> Usual troll babble.

He's making it up as usual.

HVAC

Feb 18, 2017, 7:34:08 PM2/18/17
BJ quacked

> It was an old crusier, not a new ship nor a battleship, being used
> as a test bed for a research project.
>
> The system failed not because of an OS crash but because of buffer
> overflow from an invalid data entry.
>
> The ship had been functioning for about a year before the incident.
>
> The ship was not towed anywhere.

Cruiser is not a warship? right? The ship I was talking about WAS
inoperable and towed back to port. That is truth. Who in hell knows what
you looked up. Your blather isn't worth my time to go dig out the
original source. SHIP BECAME INOPERABLE AND WAS TOWED TO PORT. I
couldn't miss a thing like that! Or do journalists like HVAC lie? Say it
ain't so chimp, say it ain't so.
--------------

Froth spotted! BJ is mad

benj

Feb 18, 2017, 8:00:16 PM2/18/17
Cover-up. Got it.

benj

Feb 18, 2017, 8:01:25 PM2/18/17
Bad news, HArdBlow, your "cure" isn't working. I'm not "mad" and you are
still nuts.

HVAC

Feb 18, 2017, 8:43:15 PM2/18/17
BJ quacked
Bad news, HArdBlow, your "cure" isn't working. I'm not "mad" and you are
still nuts.
----------

BJ you just got your ass handed to you by Jim P. In fact he publicly shamed you and made a fool of you in a way that took whatever credibility you may have had
(A vanishingly small amount) and sent it down the shitter. Your trying to bluster your way out of it only led to further humiliation to the point where you have moved ahead of John as head kook.

Congratulations: You're a fool

hanson

Feb 18, 2017, 9:06:05 PM2/18/17
Jim Pennino <ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com> wrote:
> benj Jacoby <be...@nobody.net> wrote:
[trim]

Benj wrote:
>> Cruiser is not a warship? right? The ship I was talking about WAS
>> inoperable and towed back to port. That is truth. Who in hell knows what
>> you looked up. Your blather isn't worth my time to go dig out the
>> original source. SHIP BECAME INOPERABLE AND WAS TOWED TO PORT. I
>> couldn't miss a thing like that! Or do journalists like HVAC lie? Say it
>> ain't so chimp, say it ain't so.
>
> Jim Pennino wrote:
> There has been no US Navy warship that had to be towed to port because of
> a software failure.
> There were some that said the USS Yorktown had to be towed, but that has
> never been shown to be other than blather.

hanson wrote:
Benj has a point though. But he forgot/omitted to mention
that the failure happened when some software programmer
schmuck, incorporated Cretin Glazier's G=EMC^2 into the
algorithm and another one from HVAC's catholic school
added "_Expanding Space Properties_" (ESP) on top of it.

No wonder, Benj's Gummint employees tried to explain
their fuck-up away and cover it up as & with "blather"

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 18, 2017, 10:01:06 PM2/18/17
Usual paranoid troll babble.

--
Jim Pennino

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 18, 2017, 10:01:06 PM2/18/17
Troll babble.

Obviously it wasn't a "simple app error" if the engines shut down. Lots
of mechanical stuff had to be reset.

>>> 3. The ship was inoperable and had to be towed back to port.
>>
>> Nope, they got the engines going engine and the ship was not towed.
>
> Not the story I read. Of course we do know all journalists lie. Right?
> I'm sure the Navy having thier pet project towed back to port wasn't
> embarassing and they'd never lie about it. HVAC told me governments
> NEVER lie.

No one cares what you read, if you actually read anything at all,
paranoid conspiracy besotted troll.

>>> 4. Who knows what incident Chimp dug up.
>>
>> The incident was the one and only incdident where computer systems rendered
>> a US Navy warship inoperable for a short period of time.
>>
>>> Certainly not the one I'm
>>> referring to. He just digs up anything that is plausible and pretends
>>> it's what you are talking about. Remember when he "proved" a stone ball
>>> couldn't have a dull spot on the bottom in spite of the fact the picture
>>> online had the spot clearly visible. Jim is an insane and uneducated and
>>> senile as you are.
>>>
>>> Both of you should try a little honesty sometime. Too many years on the
>>> gummint payroll I suspect.
>>
>> Usual troll babble.
>
> He's making it up as usual.

Troll babble.

--
Jim Pennino

Mahipal

Feb 19, 2017, 10:08:30 PM2/19/17
I had to lookup the word Proggie. Like good AI, I took the word to
mean what I needed it to mean. I hear only what I want to hear...

Like many an American in his/her fifties, the joy of job hunting is no Joy.
Afterall, how many perpetual decades can any one spend looking for a job?!

When billionaires in their seventies want jobs in the TrumpET government,
one has to wonder what the fuck in hell is wrong with their brains/lives.
Just go travel and spend your childrens' inheritance dry! Too simple?

Are journalists biased? Sure they are. Are listeners/readers biased? Yes.
USA is a One Omni Party System (OOPS), aka the Hypocrites' Party. Enjo(y).
I hear/see/say/... only what I want to hear/see/say/... too complicated?

How long will life survive? The fear is palatable. FUD You All! Good day!

Richard Pryor Joke: I want to die peacefully like my happy go-lucky taxi driver
father, sleeping. Not like his passengers, screaming Screaming SCREAMING!

Just call me ProbbieJi, as does GibbsJi in NCIS giving a head-slapping to one.
Is it still any wonder I wear an Invisible Purple Turban?! Got your six, BossJi.

Lesson? FUD You All to FUDyouAll@# because the Medium is greater than the Message.

benj

Feb 20, 2017, 4:58:58 PM2/20/17
Yeah, He really showed me to be ignorant for using the word battleship
rather than warship. I've never been a swabbie you know.
Obviously you and Chimp are total butt-buddies who back each other (in
the gay sense, natch) to the hilt. You do well blustering your way out
of every mistake and stupidity, so give me the same joy. You sound just
like the major media that has been trying to prove Trump a "fool" for
the past month.

Congratulations you are a still a pathological liar and moron.

benj

Feb 20, 2017, 5:01:19 PM2/20/17
Hey wait a minute! Quit plagiarizing my opinion of HVAC! Think up your
own insults!

benj

Feb 20, 2017, 5:01:56 PM2/20/17
HVAC level wasted bandwidth as usual.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 20, 2017, 5:46:05 PM2/20/17
Yes, your nonsensical trolling is a total waste of bandwidth.

--
Jim Pennino

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 20, 2017, 5:46:07 PM2/20/17
benj <be...@nobody.net> wrote:
> On 2/18/2017 8:43 PM, HVAC wrote:
>> BJ quacked
>> Bad news, HArdBlow, your "cure" isn't working. I'm not "mad" and you are
>> still nuts.
>> ----------
>>
>> BJ you just got your ass handed to you by Jim P. In fact he publicly shamed you and made a fool of you in a way that took whatever credibility you may have had
>> (A vanishingly small amount) and sent it down the shitter. Your trying to bluster your way out of it only led to further humiliation to the point where you have moved ahead of John as head kook.
>>
>> Congratulations: You're a fool
>>
> Yeah, He really showed me to be ignorant for using the word battleship
> rather than warship.

And saying it was a newly built ship instead of an old ship being used
as a research test bed and saying it was immediately towed back to port
when it was never towed and it ran for some time without major problems.

> I've never been a swabbie you know.
> Obviously you and Chimp are total butt-buddies who back each other (in
> the gay sense, natch) to the hilt. You do well blustering your way out
> of every mistake and stupidity, so give me the same joy. You sound just
> like the major media that has been trying to prove Trump a "fool" for
> the past month.
>
> Congratulations you are a still a pathological liar and moron.

Usual pile of troll ad hominems.

--
Jim Pennino

benj

Feb 20, 2017, 6:36:26 PM2/20/17
I'm talking to your butt-buddy, Chimp, not you. You mad?

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 20, 2017, 7:46:05 PM2/20/17
Just making an observation troll.

--
Jim Pennino

Serg Io

Feb 20, 2017, 9:46:22 PM2/20/17
On 2/17/2017 12:15 AM, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 12:14:18 AM UTC+5:30,
> edpr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 11:06:00 AM UTC-5,
>> alal...@gmail.com wrote:

>> I think, unfortunately, that humankind will not master space
>> travel, well, at least not interstellar space travel. So IMHO, we
>> have just a few billion years.
>
> The future is uncertain, we just need a few creative people out of
> billions, to create interstellar space ships. But the further
> forward in time we go, the harder it becomes to predict our level of
> technology.
>
> However, as GDP per capita continues to grow, it is plausible that
> everyone will be able to go to space in a thousand years.

nope, overpopulation is happening now, with mass migrations, water
shortages, soon food shortages.

no reason to go floating about in space anyway, that is 1950's dreams.

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 5:58:16 AM2/21/17
In many developed economies, population growth has slowed down, or even reversed. With globalisation, and the transfer of technology to poorer countries, they will see increasing levels of wealth and education. This will result in lower birth rates, and population stabilisation. We will use science to face whatever challenges we have, and we will survive.

> no reason to go floating about in space anyway, that is 1950's dreams.

Humans are curious explorers, and now that they have explored most of the land on earth, we will continue to explore the oceans and space. It will take several life times, but we will eventually have safe and affordable space travel.

Serg Io

Feb 21, 2017, 8:08:11 AM2/21/17
On 2/21/2017 4:58 AM, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 8:16:22 AM UTC+5:30, Serg Io wrote:
>> On 2/17/2017 12:15 AM, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 12:14:18 AM UTC+5:30,

>> no reason to go floating about in space anyway, that is 1950's
>> dreams.
>
> Humans are curious explorers, and now that they have explored most of
> the land on earth, we will continue to explore the oceans and space.
> It will take several life times, but we will eventually have safe and
> affordable space travel.

just solve these 4 very serious problems;

1. problem is that ionizing radiation is high in space. After a year or
two you have cataracts, need white cane.

2. Also you lose bone mass, 1-2% per month average of all astronauts so
far. after 5 years, you are a blob, with arms and legs poking out of it.

3. there is no good way to wash clothes in space. --uses too much water,
cannot dry clothes as that dumps humidity into the space cabin feeding
the biofilm which grows on everything.

4. no way to carry all that food and water with you... UA suggests a 55
gallon drum of peanut oil to go to mars, highest calaiory/weight ratio.

alal...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 8:26:54 AM2/21/17
On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:38:11 PM UTC+5:30, Serg Io wrote:
> On 2/21/2017 4:58 AM, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> no reason to go floating about in space anyway, that is 1950's
> >> dreams.
> >
> > Humans are curious explorers, and now that they have explored most of
> > the land on earth, we will continue to explore the oceans and space.
> > It will take several life times, but we will eventually have safe and
> > affordable space travel.
> >

> just solve these 4 very serious problems;
>
> 1. problem is that ionizing radiation is high in space. After a year or
> two you have cataracts, need white cane.

Shields can be deployed to protect you from radiation. I don't have specific details, as I depend on human creativity to solve future challenges. Already astronauts are spending significant time on the International Space Station.

> 2. Also you lose bone mass, 1-2% per month average of all astronauts so
> far. after 5 years, you are a blob, with arms and legs poking out of it.

Perhaps, a rotating space ship, with artificial gravity.

> 3. there is no good way to wash clothes in space. --uses too much water,
> cannot dry clothes as that dumps humidity into the space cabin feeding
> the biofilm which grows on everything.

In the past, people used to rarely bathe or wash clothes. A journey to the moon is just a few days, and a journey to Mars just a few months.

> 4. no way to carry all that food and water with you... UA suggests a 55
> gallon drum of peanut oil to go to mars, highest calaiory/weight ratio.

Hopefully we can find water where we go. Hopefully we can find a way to grow food.

Cheap and safe space travel means that in a thousand years most people will be going to earth orbit, and staying in space hotels. Going further might take more time for the average man.

Serg Io

Feb 21, 2017, 9:09:24 AM2/21/17
On 2/21/2017 7:26 AM, alal...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 6:38:11 PM UTC+5:30, Serg Io wrote:
>> On 2/21/2017 4:58 AM, alal...@gmail.com wrote:

>> just solve these 4 very serious problems;
>>
>> 1. problem is that ionizing radiation is high in space. After a
>> year or two you have cataracts, need white cane.
>
> Shields can be deployed to protect you from radiation. I don't have
> specific details, as I depend on human creativity to solve future
> challenges. Already astronauts are spending significant time on the
> International Space Station.

there is little shielding on the ISS, and the astronoughts do not stay
up there more that a year. The only shielding that works is about 20
feet of water, or using extremly strong magnetic fields, which effects
are unknown, and is not easy to scale up. (you tube video of a mouse
floating inside a super magnet) Cannot use lead, it causes more radiation.

>> 2. Also you lose bone mass, 1-2% per month average of all
>> astronauts so far. after 5 years, you are a blob, with arms and
>> legs poking out of it.
>
> Perhaps, a rotating space ship, with artificial gravity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceflight_osteopenia

http://www.calctool.org/CALC/eng/mechanics/linear_angular

100ft radius, at 3 rpm yields 1 G

>> 3. there is no good way to wash clothes in space. --uses too much
>> water, cannot dry clothes as that dumps humidity into the space
>> cabin feeding the biofilm which grows on everything.
>
> In the past, people used to rarely bathe or wash clothes. A journey
> to the moon is just a few days, and a journey to Mars just a few
> months.

they ship clean clothes up to ISS every launch, and ship down the dirty.

Mars is 3 year trip minimum, and the clothes washing problem is still
there on Mars. no water, how to seperate water from clothes that is
energy effecient, how to seperate dirt soap from water....

the moon was 12 day max

>> 4. no way to carry all that food and water with you... UA suggests
>> a 55 gallon drum of peanut oil to go to mars, highest
>> calaiory/weight ratio.
>>

> Hopefully we can find water where we go. Hopefully we can find a way
> to grow food.

NASA has looked into both of these, so far no luck.