censorship in this group

trudi.s...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2016, 9:49:27 PM6/28/16
I keep seeing forms of attempted censorship in this group. I thought that this group was supposed to be without a moderator. Who is playing "censor" in this group? I would like to decide for myself what I want to read, and what I do not want to read. That is why I chose to read "non-moderated" news groups. Whoever is trying to censor stuff for this group should start their own group and become moderator and then censor whatever they want to. Or better still move to a country where censorship is openly practiced and apply for a job as a "censor" and happily live and stay in that country.
andrew vecsey

James McGinn

Jun 29, 2016, 12:22:13 AM6/29/16
On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 6:49:27 PM UTC-7, trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> I keep seeing forms of attempted censorship in this group. I thought that this group was supposed to be without a moderator. Who is playing "censor" in this group? I would like to decide for myself what I want to read, and what I do not want to read. That is why I chose to read "non-moderated" news groups. Whoever is trying to censor stuff for this group should start their own group and become moderator and then censor whatever they want to. Or better still move to a country where censorship is openly practiced and apply for a job as a "censor" and happily live and stay in that country.
> andrew vecsey

Well stated!

It's fitting that the people that are most obsessed with silencing others are almost always brain-dead simpletons incapable of explaining anything remotely complex.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 29, 2016, 1:31:06 AM6/29/16
trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> I keep seeing forms of attempted censorship in this group.

As censorship in an unmoderated newsgroup is essentially impossible,
you must be seeing things.

--
Jim Pennino

The Starmaker

Jun 29, 2016, 3:38:25 AM6/29/16
you never heard of udp?

trudi.s...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2016, 6:51:06 AM6/29/16
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 9:38:25 AM UTC+2, The Starmaker wrote:
> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

> you never heard of udp?

udp seems to me too technical for my understanding. All my posts seem to have been posted, but I do see posts that are marked as "hidden" that I must open to read. I do not like that someone makes a judgement for me by marking posts as offensive or abusive. Once I open those posts, I am confronted with a question if I have found those posts offensive or not. So far, I have found none of them abusive or offensive. Seems to me like extra bureaucracy that is a step to censorship that I would rather not have. I am just wondering in a moderator free group such as this one, who is marking and hiding these posts. The fact that they are marked and hidden I find offensive and abusive.
andrew vecsey

Sergio

Jun 29, 2016, 9:08:00 AM6/29/16
On 6/29/2016 5:46 AM, trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 9:38:25 AM UTC+2, The Starmaker
> wrote:
>> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

>> you never heard of udp?
>
> udp seems to me too technical for my understanding. All my posts seem
> to have been posted, but I do see posts that are marked as "hidden"
> that I must open to read. I do not like that someone makes a
> judgement for me by marking posts as offensive or abusive.

...have an open mind....

> Once I
> open those posts, I am confronted with a question if I have found
> those posts offensive or not. So far, I have found none of them
> abusive or offensive.

...that is your judgement...

> Seems to me like extra bureaucracy that is a
> step to censorship that I would rather not have.

...that is your opinion...

> I am just wondering
> in a moderator free group such as this one, who is marking and hiding
> these posts. The fact that they are marked and hidden I find
> offensive and abusive. andrew vecsey

check your own newsreader on your computer.

The location of these posts and forum are on over a hundered servers
worldwide that probagate posts to each other.

So it is impossable to mark and hide a post to all those servers, and
most do not do that function anyway, it is almost impossable to cancel a
post from origionater, as you have to get to it fast before it probagates.

Im not sure what Google does, but I dont use their servers for
newsgroups. I dont think Google would let people hide other peoples posts.

Michael Moroney

Jun 29, 2016, 9:36:55 AM6/29/16
trudi.s...@gmail.com writes:

>All my posts seem to have been posted, but I do see posts that are marked
>as "hidden" that I must open to read. I do not like that someone makes a
>judgement for me by marking posts as offensive or abusive. Once I open
>those posts, I am confronted with a question if I have found those posts
>offensive or not.

Why are you using Google Groups?

Anyway, there is some other Google Grouper who apparently dislikes you
or your posts. It doesn't affect anyone else. It only affects Google
Groups users. So move on.

Odd Bodkin

Jun 29, 2016, 10:22:58 AM6/29/16
The group is not being censored. The messages are there. It's just that
you're using Google Groups as a newsreader, which does hide some
messages that are in fact there.

I'll point out two things:
1. You can override the Google Groups setting to show the hidden
messages, if you'll only learn how to use the tool properly.
2. There are many other usenet readers besides Google Groups, and you
always have the option of using one that doesn't hide messages.

--
Odd Bodkin --- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 29, 2016, 11:01:06 AM6/29/16
Yep, and about 20 years since one was invoked.

--
Jim Pennino

ClutterFreak

Jun 29, 2016, 1:51:29 PM6/29/16
On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 08:07:46 -0500, Sergio wrote:

> I dont think Google would let people hide other peoples posts.

I've started to see that some posts are flat deleted.
I'm hoping it is at least done by someone who did the
post, not anyone else or google.

If censor starts here you'll lose your only reason you
are in sci.phys.

Come to think of it, again, I wished somebody would
somehow do place a moderator in this group. Cause I
want to see how this place would nose dive. I want
Pennino's only activity other than cooking get as
boring as himself to him :)

---

ClutterFreak

Jun 29, 2016, 1:55:20 PM6/29/16
Nope. I was using it in 1992 and I was a late comer.

Sergio

Jun 29, 2016, 2:03:09 PM6/29/16
On 6/29/2016 12:51 PM, ClutterFreak wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 08:07:46 -0500, Sergio wrote:
>
>> I dont think Google would let people hide other peoples posts.
>
> I've started to see that some posts are flat deleted.
> I'm hoping it is at least done by someone who did the
> post, not anyone else or google.
>
> If censor starts here you'll lose your only reason you
> are in sci.phys.
>
> Come to think of it, again, I wished somebody would
> somehow do place a moderator in this group. Cause I
> want to see how this place would nose dive. I want
> Pennino's only activity other than cooking get as
> boring as himself to him :)

the newsgroups are stored on many different servers, of different
univeristies, organizations, and companies. there is no way to delete
all those posts, and the majority of them do not use commands of delete,
hide, etc.

you can get outside the Google Bubble, and see that easily, just google
" news servers " and you will run into Tera, Giganews, astraweb, etc...
if you are more adventurious or cheap, google "free news servers"

also you can review the commands news servers take.

Also you can telnet to get to a news server,

and you can telnet to a server and get email posted

the "how" is all online...

https://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc977/rfc977

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 29, 2016, 2:16:05 PM6/29/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 08:07:46 -0500, Sergio wrote:
>
>> I dont think Google would let people hide other peoples posts.
>
> I've started to see that some posts are flat deleted.

No, you haven't.

--
Jim Pennino

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 29, 2016, 2:16:06 PM6/29/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 14:51:36 -0000,
> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>
>> The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>>> you never heard of udp?
>>
>> Yep, and about 20 years since one was invoked.
>>

> Nope. I was using it in 1992 and I was a late comer.

2016 - 1992 = 24

Can't do simple arithmetic and also doesn't know an individual can't "use"
a udp.

--
Jim Pennino

ClutterFreak

Jun 29, 2016, 2:21:07 PM6/29/16
I know all that. Have done all that. But for
retrieving old messages still google is king. I don't
underestimate it. But if someone else (i.e. other than
you) can delete your post on google you lose the
excellent option of accessing old posts. This is
important. A real loss in some cases.

Nobody should be able to delete someone else's posts.
Or prevent them to be archived. Moderating is a
parochial practice. It's not in my genes.

ClutterFreak

Jun 29, 2016, 2:24:00 PM6/29/16
Are you a little demented? When I go to google groups
some posts instead of showing say "deleted". Not
hidden, but deleted. If they're deleted then google is
not keeping them in its archive. This isn't a joke.

ClutterFreak

Jun 29, 2016, 2:45:07 PM6/29/16
Wasn't it a way one would use double colon "::" at the
beginning of an email to post it to usenet?
Message has been deleted

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 29, 2016, 9:01:06 PM6/29/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:08:51 -0000,
> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>
>> ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>>> I've started to see that some posts are flat deleted.
>>
>> No, you haven't.
>>

> Are you a little demented? When I go to google groups
> some posts instead of showing say "deleted".

Google groups is not USENET.

--
Jim Pennino

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 29, 2016, 9:01:07 PM6/29/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:10:50 -0000,
> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>
>> ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>>> Nope. I was using it in 1992 and I was a late comer.
>>
>> 2016 - 1992 = 24
>>
>> Can't do simple arithmetic and also doesn't know an individual can't "use"
>> a udp.
>>

> Wasn't it a way one would use double colon "::" at the
> beginning of an email to post it to usenet?

Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_Death_Penalty

--
Jim Pennino
Message has been deleted

Mahipal

Jun 29, 2016, 10:51:11 PM6/29/16
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 9:08:00 AM UTC-4, Sergio wrote:
> On 6/29/2016 5:46 AM, trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 9:38:25 AM UTC+2, The Starmaker
> > wrote:
> >> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

> >> you never heard of udp?
> >
> > udp seems to me too technical for my understanding. All my posts seem
> > to have been posted, but I do see posts that are marked as "hidden"
> > that I must open to read. I do not like that someone makes a
> > judgement for me by marking posts as offensive or abusive.
>
> ...have an open mind....

Sure Sir SergioJi... but how open?

MIND
IDEA
NEAR
DARE

Or is it, that words are not enough?!

MIND
IDEA
NEAT
DATE

> > Once I
> > open those posts, I am confronted with a question if I have found
> > those posts offensive or not. So far, I have found none of them
> > abusive or offensive.
>
> ...that is your judgement...

What else does one half, Grasshopper... Have have HAVE... whatever...

> > Seems to me like extra bureaucracy that is a
> > step to censorship that I would rather not have.
>
> ...that is your opinion...

Grasshoppers, like we, all have one One ONE, but why Why WHY?!...

> > I am just wondering
> > in a moderator free group such as this one, who is marking and hiding
> > these posts. The fact that they are marked and hidden I find
> > offensive and abusive. andrew vecsey

Yes, good point. But it seems Social Media Nonsense trusts those who
want to block/censor/silence/... others, than others who write/talk/speak/...

> check your own newsreader on your computer.
>
> The location of these posts and forum are on over a hundered servers
> worldwide that probagate posts to each other.

So much is true True TRUE Master... What makes a difference?

Not To Mention the No Such Agency wants your Precognitive Thougts Correct (PTC@#)

In GeekSpeak... NTM the NSA wants to know your PTC@#... He he... Squared!

> Im not sure what Google does, but I dont use their servers for newsgroups.

Google searches serve to find the Usenet Servers you wish by which I/We surf...

> I dont think Google would let people hide other peoples posts.

Google does. All Social Media private corporate services brag about
their capabilities on how not to talk or listen to anyone in particular.
Usually Me me ME... Is not SW+I+IT=SW/IT HW/SW just mind empt(y)ing?!

All said and done... Google Groups is a means to a Usenet, AsItIs@#...

Imagine... what if posts were written all without spaces, or worse, vowels?!

Trust me, I've been unfollowed on Twitter, faceblocked on Facebook, kill
filed on Usenet... you get used to it. Nobody is censoring me Me ME. Still.
I've been outcasted/shunned... it's all due to me m(y) bamboo flutes. Skill.
I should've taken social interaction lessons when avialable. Please pill!

-- Mahipal “IPMM... माहिपाल ७६३८: d(me) != 0 ... me alwa(y)s changes...”
Message has been deleted

ClutterFreak

Jun 29, 2016, 11:48:57 PM6/29/16
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:54:36 -0000,
ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

> ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 18:08:51 -0000,
>> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

>>> No, you haven't.
>>>

>> Are you a little demented? When I go to google groups
>> some posts instead of showing say "deleted".
>
> Google groups is not USENET.

But archives are kept on google machines, no?

ClutterFreak

Jun 30, 2016, 12:00:26 AM6/30/16
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:56:27 -0000,
WTH. I had something totally else in mind. Hehe :)
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

The Starmaker

Jun 30, 2016, 1:44:56 AM6/30/16
ClutterFreak wrote:

> ---

http://www.getavast.net/support/remove-e-mail-signature

udp would be dangerous in your hands.

trudi.s...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 4:18:50 AM6/30/16
I am using Google groups to read this usenet group. I see that there is a "Join Group" button on the opening page. I do not think or I can not remember ever joining this group. Can some one tell me, without being rude or arrogant, what are the benefits of joining this or any other group?
Thanks in advance
andrew vecsey

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 30, 2016, 9:05:07 AM6/30/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:54:36 -0000,
> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>
>> ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>>> Are you a little demented? When I go to google groups
>>> some posts instead of showing say "deleted".
>>
>> Google groups is not USENET.
>>

> But archives are kept on google machines, no?

Archives are kept in many places.

Anyone that wants to can keep archives.

--
Jim Pennino
Message has been deleted

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 30, 2016, 9:05:10 AM6/30/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

<snip>

> If such a script was available to public it would've
> been used about 30 times a day in this newsgroup
> alone.

Or anyone with an axe to grind, which is why it can only be done through
cooperation among news server administrators.

--
Jim Pennino

Sergio

Jun 30, 2016, 9:53:56 AM6/30/16
there are no benifits for any Usenet newsgroup, you can go read the
stuff in the cloud whenever you want, where ever you want with whatever
newsreader you want.

by "join", Google means "allow" you to post in their "group" and you can
get posts forwared to your home email. not much else.

Google may imply or call Usenet newsgroups their newsgroups, but they
are not.

some of the internet interfaces/browsers have eliminated access to
usenet newsgroups, (you see email options but no newsgroup option)
but you can use mozilla thunderbird to access

Michael Moroney

Jun 30, 2016, 10:06:29 AM6/30/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@FakeAddress.com> writes:

>On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:35:17 -0700, The Starmaker
>wrote:

>> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_Death_Penalty

>>> As always, you are full of nonsense.
>>>
>>> It is the collective action of a significant number news server
>>> administrators.
>>
>> okay, i guess some here don't know what a UDP is...I'll explain..
>>
>> UDP is a script or program that an individual uses to udp someone, to
>> delete their usenet postings.
>>
>> In other words, if I want to udp you, I run a udp program that
>> automatically deletes all your postings and future posting on
>> auto...
>> your posting do not show up anywhere on *any* news server.
>>
>> Ask anyone whos anyone.

>If such a script was available to public it would've
>been used about 30 times a day in this newsgroup
>alone.

This shows the historical ignorance of Starfaker regarding Usenet.

Such a script would have worked 10-15+ years ago, not now. Such scripts
did exist back then and _were_ widely abused. Hipcrime, the Scientology
cancelbunny/cancelpoodle and so forth.

None of these scripts were called UDP. UDP, as mentioned, was an organized
effort to punish abusive/spammy providers, and implemented by the major
Usenet hubs of the time. I think the last UDP took place in 2001.

Hipcrime was the name of the most popular usenet abuse software.

There was also the concept of "cancellable spam" and the "Breitbart Index".

Because the serious abuse that ClutterFreak predicts really did happened
(Hipcrime, Scientology vs. the Net [fascinating reading], sporgery, cancel
wars/flood wars), most Usenet providers disabled the processing of cancel
commands/messages. Because cancel messages are now ignored and no longer
work, and the fact Usenet is no longer popular, we don't see such abuse
much these days.

No "UDP script" would do enough to be noticed these days because so few
hosts honor cancel commands.

There are several terms worth googling in this post.

>Come to think of it, do make it available for the kind
>of regulars here like hvac, hanson, Pennino, and
>Bodbod. I want to see how they'll dig their own graves
>so to speak. They'll be the only ones left, having
>_shit_ for discussion between themselves.

hanson

Jun 30, 2016, 11:41:42 AM6/30/16
Andrew Vecsey is posting as twattie <trudi.s...@gmail.com>
& wrote:
Can you tell me, without being rude or arrogant, what are the
benefits of joining this or any other group as a female but
signing off as "andrew vecsey"

ClutterFreak

Jun 30, 2016, 11:59:00 AM6/30/16
You cut my main point out (as usual). Cops wannabe
characters are not and will never be enough to make a
hangout going because it is exactly the inability to
offer anything else that drives them acting cops. Face
it. Characters like you are dependent upon
Clutterfreaks in the world. Without them you'd be a
sad cook Jim. This was my point!

ClutterFreak

Jun 30, 2016, 12:16:41 PM6/30/16
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 05:37:33 -0000,
ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

> ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:54:36 -0000,
>> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

>>> Google groups is not USENET.
>>>

>> But archives are kept on google machines, no?
>
> Archives are kept in many places.
>
> Anyone that wants to can keep archives.

Point to one comprehensive archive that still has
1990s posts from any newsgroup. Other than Google's
that is.

Or better (this is of course the part you'll snip),
point to an archive other than Google that has a post
titled "American embassy in Tehran" written and posted
in 1996 by some obscure man "Mehram Maleki" :) Nobody
has it but Google. Nobody in USA has the chance to
know such important facts in any other way than
Google.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jun 30, 2016, 3:01:05 PM6/30/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 05:44:12 -0000,
> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>
>> ClutterFreak <Clutte...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> If such a script was available to public it would've
>>> been used about 30 times a day in this newsgroup
>>> alone.
>>
>> Or anyone with an axe to grind, which is why it can only be done through
>> cooperation among news server administrators.
>>

> You cut my main point out (as usual).

You have no point, just nonsense (as usual).

--
Jim Pennino

Double-A

Jun 30, 2016, 4:11:38 PM6/30/16
On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 12:38:25 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
> >
> > trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > I keep seeing forms of attempted censorship in this group.
> >
> > As censorship in an unmoderated newsgroup is essentially impossible,
> > you must be seeing things.
> >
> > --
> > Jim Pennino
>

> you never heard of udp?

United Data Processing? Yeah! I used to work there.

Double-A

ClutterFreak

Jun 30, 2016, 6:41:38 PM6/30/16
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 14:05:41 +0000 (UTC), Michael
Moroney wrote:

> Hipcrime

http://www.hipcrime.com/html-hipcrime/new_page/index.html

Hmm.. Looks like it's specifically made for pussies.
Not even for hvac-hanson-BodBod-Jim quartet.

Some authorities must've prevented its use by the
public to preserve usenet. I think it's been a mistake
to preserve it. It's again the same story as the
Prohibition. You guys flatter yourselves too much. You
think you're some kind of shit better than what you
actually are. They should've let you people fuck up
usenet if you chose so.

I want this quartet here to fuck up this hangout. Why?
Because usenet is too good for these uncultured
bizarre characters.

The Starmaker

Jul 1, 2016, 2:01:19 AM7/1/16
Hipcrime was not a "usenet abuse software"...it was a software to
implement a Usenet Death Penalty on anyone you wanted to UDP.

You know...take him out. Bang you're dead.

He who controls the UDP, controls Usenet.

The Starmaker

Jul 1, 2016, 2:16:20 AM7/1/16
Odd Bodkin wrote:

> On 6/28/2016 8:49 PM, trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I keep seeing forms of attempted censorship in this group. I thought that this
> > group was supposed to be without a moderator. Who is playing "censor" in this group?
> > I would like to decide for myself what I want to read, and what I do not want to read.
> > That is why I chose to read "non-moderated" news groups. Whoever is trying to censor
> > stuff for this group should start their own group and become moderator and then censor
> > whatever they want to. Or better still move to a country where censorship is openly
> > practiced and apply for a job as a "censor" and happily live and stay in that country.
> > andrew vecsey
> >

> The group is not being censored. The messages are there. It's just that
> you're using Google Groups as a newsreader, which does hide some
> messages that are in fact there.

Hide and censored are the same thing, ...stupid.

conceal from the view or notice of others.
https://www.google.com/#q=define+hide

suppressing unacceptable parts.
https://www.google.com/#q=define+censorship

synonyms: censor, keep secret, conceal, hide,
https://www.google.com/#q=define+suppressing

I was talking about UDP, not UPD.

either way, it's U.

PD
are
human
DP

and thats
in
my
book.

The Starmaker

Jul 1, 2016, 2:31:11 AM7/1/16
just in case
anybody is wondering...
PD is a walking UDP.

john

Jul 1, 2016, 9:40:22 AM7/1/16
Can he still walk?

ClutterFreak

Jul 1, 2016, 12:06:19 PM7/1/16
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 23:17:05 -0700, The Starmaker
wrote:

> Odd Bodkin wrote:
>>
>> On 6/28/2016 8:49 PM, trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I keep seeing forms of attempted censorship in this group. I thought that this
>>> group was supposed to be without a moderator. Who is playing "censor" in this group?
>>> I would like to decide for myself what I want to read, and what I do not want to read.
>>> That is why I chose to read "non-moderated" news groups. Whoever is trying to censor
>>> stuff for this group should start their own group and become moderator and then censor
>>> whatever they want to. Or better still move to a country where censorship is openly
>>> practiced and apply for a job as a "censor" and happily live and stay in that country.
>>> andrew vecsey
>>>

>> The group is not being censored. The messages are there. It's just that
>> you're using Google Groups as a newsreader, which does hide some
>> messages that are in fact there.
>

> Hide and censored are the same thing, ...stupid.

Some on Google specifically says "This message was
deleted." That's my concern. Whoever that did it must
allow everybody to do it so the truth can have a
chance to come up.

ClutterFreak

Jul 1, 2016, 12:19:05 PM7/1/16
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 23:32:01 -0700, The Starmaker
wrote:

> just in case
> anybody is wondering...
> PD is a walking UDP.

And is not there to prevent people from breaking law.
Police's main job is the red tape following a broken
law. This is good to have. The rest of what they do
has to do with very rare cases of catching psychos,
which again is good to have.

In usenet policing is counterproductive. People should
be able to either keep it or fuck it up depending on
who those people are. Any participant in usenet can
himself killfile people he dislikes and concentrate on
what he likes to spend his little time dealing with.
And if some of you go around deleting other people's
messages then usenet cannot hold, as simple as that.
You've got to let a culprit get what he deserves by
his own actions. You can't force him to become a nice
netizen.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Michael Moroney

Jul 2, 2016, 7:18:05 PM7/2/16
ClutterFreak <Clutte...@FakeAddress.com> writes:

>Some on Google specifically says "This message was
>deleted." That's my concern. Whoever that did it must
>allow everybody to do it so the truth can have a
>chance to come up.

Google may remove stuff from their own archives of Usenet.

1) Having done so, I doubt they send out cancels for those articles,
so they remain available until they expire there.

2) Even if they did send out cancels, cancels don't work any longer
anyway.

Unfortunately, no matter how much Google has screwed up Usenet, they are
still the biggest source for old Usenet articles.

James McGinn

Jul 4, 2016, 7:12:16 PM7/4/16
On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 9:22:13 PM UTC-7, James McGinn wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 6:49:27 PM UTC-7, trudi.s...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I keep seeing forms of attempted censorship in this group. I thought that this group was supposed to be without a moderator. Who is playing "censor" in this group? I would like to decide for myself what I want to read, and what I do not want to read. That is why I chose to read "non-moderated" news groups. Whoever is trying to censor stuff for this group should start their own group and become moderator and then censor whatever they want to. Or better still move to a country where censorship is openly practiced and apply for a job as a "censor" and happily live and stay in that country.
> > andrew vecsey
>
> Well stated!
>
> It's fitting that the people that are most obsessed with silencing others are almost always brain-dead simpletons incapable of explaining anything remotely complex.

Uh huh.

reber g=emc^2

Jul 5, 2016, 2:12:57 PM7/5/16
On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 4:18:05 PM UTC-7, Michael Moroney wrote:
> ClutterFreak <Clutte...@FakeAddress.com> writes:
>
> >Some on Google specifically says "This message was
> >deleted." That's my concern. Whoever that did it must
> >allow everybody to do it so the truth can have a
> >chance to come up.
>
> Google may remove stuff from their own archives of Usenet.
>
> 1) Having done so, I doubt they send out cancels for those articles,
> so they remain available until they expire there.
>
> 2) Even if they did send out cancels, cancels don't work any longer ,
> anyway.
>
> Unfortunately, no matter how much Google has screwed up Usenet, they are
> still the biggest source for old Usenet articles.

23 years and 15 theories posted here in the hope they freeze my ideas. That way it can be proven they are mine.I like that TreBert

Sergio

Jul 5, 2016, 3:19:39 PM7/5/16

>>> But archives are kept on google machines, no?
>>
>> Archives are kept in many places.
>>
>> Anyone that wants to can keep archives.
>
> Point to one comprehensive archive that still has
> 1990s posts from any newsgroup. Other than Google's
> that is.
>
> Or better (this is of course the part you'll snip),
> point to an archive other than Google that has a post
> titled "American embassy in Tehran" written and posted
> in 1996 by some obscure man "Mehram Maleki" :) Nobody
> has it but Google. Nobody in USA has the chance to
> know such important facts in any other way than
> Google.

big problem is that google can just delete it whenever it wants too.
They could sell it off to Smckelsky's News, and if Smchelskys goes out
of business you are SOL.

some google manager will come along and say why are we storing this
stuff, it costs money, and no one reads it....

I think with the books Google has scanned in is different, contractually
google *may be* required to make it available on line for 50? years,
(you may still have to pay) But if Google goes belly up, (or sells it
as a business) bankrupsy court throws it all out, and it is gone.

I have found websites have a finite lifetime, so when I find valabule
information out there, I copy it then, and store it local.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Jul 5, 2016, 3:46:05 PM7/5/16
So set up your own news server, set the expiration to never, initially
suck in all old posts, and you have your own archive if it is so
important to you.

All this is trivial to do with Linux machine and some large drives.

--
Jim Pennino

Mahipal

Jul 5, 2016, 3:55:35 PM7/5/16
It's good to know your storage devices bypass the finite lifetime limits.

Some readers suggest that only the latest posts are of any interest.
Whatever happened in the Past should remain only in the Past. Weird.

Because of all your interesting and good points above, there can be
only one solution. Repeat post your contents fairly frequently to
refresh the ageTime on all Usenet Servers -- Google or otherwise.

Highlander Queen: Who wants to live forever... cute storyline that.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Highlander+Queen:+Who+wants+to+live+forever

-- Mahipal “IPMM... माहिपाल ७६३८: d(me) != 0 ... me alwa(y)s changes...”
/\ "If the line between science fiction and
/ science fact doesn't drive you crazy,
/\ \ then you're just not tr(y)ing!"
\ /\/\ / \ \/ Mahipal Virdy
/ == \ / \/\/ The |meforce> Paradox
\/ http://mahipal7638.files.wordpress.com/

ClutterFreak

Jul 6, 2016, 12:26:37 PM7/6/16
On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 14:19:28 -0500, Sergio wrote:

> I have found websites have a finite lifetime, so when I find valabule
> information out there, I copy it then, and store it local.

Locally storing it also is prone to loss. Give any
information time and it goes away. Even if you cut it
into stones the language of it goes away. It is out of
your control. Processes around you will take it away
from you and disperse it exactly like it was,
"nothing."

ClutterFreak

Jul 6, 2016, 12:42:22 PM7/6/16
On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:55:30 -0700 (PDT), Mahipal
wrote:

> there can be
> only one solution. Repeat post your contents fairly frequently to
> refresh the ageTime on all Usenet Servers -- Google or otherwise.

Human has done it so far in steps of about 70 years
each by instilling them into their children's minds.
It is approximate but it can last a little more than a
couple of thousands of years. But not more than that.
The oldest truth we know that got to us without
writing them, even against present lies and attempts
to destroy it, has been via parent to child transfer
and is not older than 2500 years.

Nothing remains of human attempts for preservation
after about 2500 years unless you are a king of kings
with near limitless resources to spend for it. But
even that will go away one day. It's a losing battle.

Dan Smythe

Jul 6, 2016, 9:19:13 PM7/6/16
#shitpost

Mahipal

Jul 6, 2016, 10:11:29 PM7/6/16

From: "Dan Smythe" <inv...@example.com>
Newsgroups: sci.physics
Subject: Re: censorship in this group
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 18:18:48 -0700
References: <834fcfaf-52d7-49dc...@googlegroups.com> <ir2c4d-...@mail.specsol.com> <57737B...@ix.netcom.com> <d76430e1-389b-44a5...@googlegroups.com> <nl0h7c$91p$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <i2ypi8r8r291.hvrkn0msjx0p$.d...@40tude.net> <jefd4d-...@mail.specsol.com> <kvq2mp0itv3i.8d13qiaora6q$.d...@40tude.net> <c77e4d-...@mail.specsol.com> <9p7ujb0t31nu$.1j22cf8z...@40tude.net> <tpne4d-...@mail.specsol.com> <ju936y8e3c5j$.1ov9i2t6kfi0r$.d...@40tude.net> <nlh185$1c9a$1...@gioia.aioe.org> <107f3f21-f6f1-4632...@googlegroups.com>

#shitpost

Mahipal

Jul 6, 2016, 10:21:38 PM7/6/16
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 12:42:22 PM UTC-4, ClutterFreak wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:55:30 -0700 (PDT), Mahipal
> wrote:
>
> > there can be
> > only one solution. Repeat post your contents fairly frequently to
> > refresh the ageTime on all Usenet Servers -- Google or otherwise.
>
> Human has done it so far in steps of about 70 years
> each by instilling them into their children's minds.
> It is approximate but it can last a little more than a
> couple of thousands of years. But not more than that.
> The oldest truth we know that got to us without
> writing them, even against present lies and attempts
> to destroy it, has been via parent to child transfer
> and is not older than 2500 years.

Wasn't human life expectancy 2500 years ago like only 40?

> Nothing remains of human attempts for preservation
> after about 2500 years unless you are a king of kings
> with near limitless resources to spend for it. But
> even that will go away one day. It's a losing battle.

What's a king got to record? The land is mine. That property is
mine. Those jewels, mine. All the women and slaves, mine. Yawn.

It does seem like a losing battle, one large asteroid and poof!

ClutterFreak

Jul 7, 2016, 2:15:14 AM7/7/16
On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 19:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Mahipal
wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 12:42:22 PM UTC-4, ClutterFreak wrote:
>> On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 12:55:30 -0700 (PDT), Mahipal
>> wrote:
>>
>>> there can be
>>> only one solution. Repeat post your contents fairly frequently to
>>> refresh the ageTime on all Usenet Servers -- Google or otherwise.
>>
>> Human has done it so far in steps of about 70 years
>> each by instilling them into their children's minds.
>> It is approximate but it can last a little more than a
>> couple of thousands of years. But not more than that.
>> The oldest truth we know that got to us without
>> writing them, even against present lies and attempts
>> to destroy it, has been via parent to child transfer
>> and is not older than 2500 years.
>
> Wasn't human life expectancy 2500 years ago like only 40?

I'm not sure. In old Iranian stories men lived much
longer than that. With low populations epidemics are
rare. Cholera was in one spot in India for a million
years and didn't spread until population was high
enough.

>> Nothing remains of human attempts for preservation
>> after about 2500 years unless you are a king of kings
>> with near limitless resources to spend for it. But
>> even that will go away one day. It's a losing battle.
>
> What's a king got to record? The land is mine. That property is
> mine. Those jewels, mine. All the women and slaves, mine. Yawn.

Heheheh :-) No there are more important things than
that to record also. The first notion of "human
rights" in human history is inscribed on a piece of
stone and listed. The first charter. Cyrus had it
written 2700 years ago! Look up Cyrus Cylinder

> It does seem like a losing battle, one large asteroid and poof!

Or human itself. The number one reason things
disappear is humans. ISIS would smash the Cyrus Cyl in
no time. The three magi who created Christianity had
their graves built in the most careful manner and
people did everything to preserve them. Christianity
was a child of Mithraism. It was tied to it strongly.
Then Marco Polo sighted the graves and described them
when he passed through Saveh, Iran. That was it.
Somehow European priests had them destroyed after
that. The "three wise men" had to stay in their
stories exactly the way they wanted.

Humans destroy information better than anything else.
And it is easy to see how. Imagine, say, hvac finds
out he was born from a rectum of a Moslem man. Imagine
he actually finds that this somehow happened. And
video and other documents of it are all in a bag that
he has access to. Do you give such important
information (human getting conceived inside a man's
rectum) a chance to survive the hands of hvac?

Look what they did to their "Christianity". Newton has
a passage in his writings on history of Church almost
making fun of how Monks appeared out of no where. He
narrowed it to one man. The culprit. Or how the
Trinity suddenly popped up. And etc and etc. Human
alone will destroy information. You don't need an
asteroid.

Mahipal

Jul 7, 2016, 7:26:04 PM7/7/16
This discussion is Top Secret Classified Red, in retrospect, after the
fact and all that, ... keep your eyes and email servers off Off OFF!
Especially if your security clearance level colour is inadequate. Bye.

On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 2:15:14 AM UTC-4, ClutterFreak wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 19:21:34 -0700 (PDT), Mahipal
> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 12:42:22 PM UTC-4, ClutterFreak wrote:

> >> Human has done it so far in steps of about 70 years
> >> each by instilling them into their children's minds.
> >> It is approximate but it can last a little more than a
> >> couple of thousands of years. But not more than that.
> >> The oldest truth we know that got to us without
> >> writing them, even against present lies and attempts
> >> to destroy it, has been via parent to child transfer
> >> and is not older than 2500 years.
> >
> > Wasn't human life expectancy 2500 years ago like only 40?
> >
> I'm not sure. In old Iranian stories men lived much
> longer than that. With low populations epidemics are
> rare. Cholera was in one spot in India for a million
> years and didn't spread until population was high
> enough.

I grew up in India, born in Delhi, played in Punjab.

> >> Nothing remains of human attempts for preservation
> >> after about 2500 years unless you are a king of kings
> >> with near limitless resources to spend for it. But
> >> even that will go away one day. It's a losing battle.
> >
> > What's a king got to record? The land is mine. That property is
> > mine. Those jewels, mine. All the women and slaves, mine. Yawn.
>
> Heheheh :-) No there are more important things than
> that to record also. The first notion of "human
> rights" in human history is inscribed on a piece of
> stone and listed. The first charter. Cyrus had it
> written 2700 years ago! Look up Cyrus Cylinder

http://www.livius.org/ct-cz/cyrus_I/cyrus_cylinder2.html is concise.

I've heard/read about the Cyrus Cylinder. I admit freely, as is my
human right, to watching Ancient Aliens, and the like, TV show -- the
one where they repeat every two minutes the phrase: Ancient Astronaut
Theorists believe... https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ancient+aliens

Now that I've admitted it, can we still be friends? Where you going?!
Some topics I should forbid meself from discussing. I ought STFU? Nay.

One neat thing about watching Ancient Aliens is that we get to see
filmed details of ancient human archeology sites that we as individuals
would never personally get to visit. Ever. Doing the math, we get a whole
two everlasting weeks off per year from Income Slavery Providers (ISP)
with no money, either left or available, to travel... DisneyWorld it is!

Kids: Dad, why do we always vacation only at Disney? Why why WHY?

See https://mahipal7638.wordpress.com ME Tetrahedrons Cuneiformic

The handdrawn 3D MEimage there is derived, based upon, having seen many
Akkadian cuneiformic tablet writings. Never knowing a word. Meontology,
as a word, an idea, a philosophy, was a neat random coincidental finding.

> > It does seem like a losing battle, one large asteroid and poof!
>
> Or human itself. The number one reason things
> disappear is humans. ISIS would smash the Cyrus Cyl in
> no time. The three magi who created Christianity had
> their graves built in the most careful manner and
> people did everything to preserve them. Christianity
> was a child of Mithraism. It was tied to it strongly.
> Then Marco Polo sighted the graves and described them
> when he passed through Saveh, Iran. That was it.
> Somehow European priests had them destroyed after
> that. The "three wise men" had to stay in their
> stories exactly the way they wanted.

The main threat to Humanity are humans themselves. Ironic that.
Live streaming on a #smartestphone in your nearest hands... Yea...

Give me a minute, watching white USA Cops shoot dead two more black
men on live streaming media/TV. Two more dead. At this deathrate...

> Humans destroy information better than anything else.
> And it is easy to see how. Imagine, say, hvac finds
> out he was born from a rectum of a Moslem man. Imagine
> he actually finds that this somehow happened. And
> video and other documents of it are all in a bag that
> he has access to. Do you give such important
> information (human getting conceived inside a man's
> rectum) a chance to survive the hands of hvac?

Empty HVAC might just be a mole/probe/drone/SW/... sent out to seek out
advanced civil people, and then his hyenas move in to killEat them all.

> Look what they did to their "Christianity". Newton has
> a passage in his writings on history of Church almost
> making fun of how Monks appeared out of no where. He
> narrowed it to one man. The culprit. Or how the
> Trinity suddenly popped up. And etc and etc. Human
> alone will destroy information. You don't need an
> asteroid.

Trinity, Three Wise Men, Threesomes' SEX, ... Three three THREE. Magic 3!

With the asteroid collision expectation... I was cutting to the chase.
I could've gone with: In three billion years our Sun goes ...youKnow.

I rather respect all people to hold their own personal views on just
about anything -- Science, Religion, Language, etc. -- as long as they
don't come around demanding: Come to our side Mahipal, think only like us.

Speaking of Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Darwin, et. al. ... Isn't it
curious convenient that Noah's Ark needed no measurable cubicle space to be
allocated for fish, alligators, octopuss(y)es, ..., Chinamen, Mayans, ...?!

Shhh... me m(y) ISP Masters are coming around the bend... in a new intern.