No Gaseous Water Vapor - Why I Was Stumped For 10 days.

chanr...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 2:17:16 AM1/18/17
This is my explanation why I had a momentary lapse in understanding and rejected any gaseous water vapor in the atmosphere.

Someone remarked that I should be "appropriately embarrassed" for listening to James McGinn. After the event, I was rather amused with myself how I could have rejected the simple fact that water vapor in the atmosphere is gaseous - a gas in the atmosphere. The first reason could be reading McGinn's "no gaseous water vapor in the atmosphere". But the critical moment is the wiki:
"water vapor or aqueous vapor, is the gaseous phase of water."
Even now, I could remember very clearly my immediate reaction : "Wong! I think McGinn is right, cannot be gaseous". Probably, the only piece of information I relied on then was "water at 1 atmosphere pressure cannot be gaseous at ambient temperature" (James McGinn is still holding onto this statement and would not let go).

Don't laugh at the question: "How is it that water (vapor in the atmosphere) at ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure could be in the gaseous phase?". In one of the JM link's, this is the exact question asked in sci.physics.research. It elicited various scholarly replies - it was not rejected as a dumb question! There was one which went into some details about thermodynamics (I can't remember the details, McGinn please give the link again).

*** Water Vapor - the Gaseous Phase ***
I can imagine how easy it is to teach high school students about water vapor being the gas phase.
"The atmosphere is 78% Nitrogen, 20% Oyxgen... gaseous...There is water in the atmosphere. The PROOF is evaporation. Water in a dish left in the open will all disappear, evaporating into the atmosphere. So evaporation is the change of water from the liquid phase to the gaseous phase of water... And now about Saturated Vapor Pressure ... ".
It is so simple. You don't have to explain to the high school students why water vapor in the atmosphere is in the gaseous state!
*** You simply TELL them water vapor in the atmosphere is water in the gaseous phase. PERIOD ***
This is the beauty of teaching by telling! From China, India, .. right to the USA, all students are told the same all the years - all believe (currently, the only person left on earth still not believing is James McGinn!).

What is a gas? In the beginning ... things were easy...when Adam and Eve started to ask questions, things became complicated. We needed a Boltzmann to give us the kinetic theory before we have a better understanding about the gaseous phase.

James McGinn still does have an idea of what the gaseous phase of matter is. Somehow, he could not accept molecules of water (vapor) darting about; that it is this "particle" of gases colliding with the container that gives gas a pressure against the container wall.

Best regards,
Chan Rasjid.
Singapore

chanr...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 2:47:59 AM1/18/17
Typo again:
"James McGinn still does NOT have an idea of what the gaseous phase of matter is...."

1) Solid: retains it's own shape.
2) Liquid: Fills container from bottom up; takes shape of container
3) Gas: Fill the whole space of container.

*** Proof that Water Vapor is a Gas ***
It is not 1). It is not 2). Therefore it is 3).
QED.

James McGinn

Jan 18, 2017, 10:04:15 AM1/18/17
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:17:16 PM UTC-8, chanr...@gmail.com wrote:
> This is my explanation why I had a momentary lapse in understanding and rejected any gaseous water vapor in the atmosphere.

It's because you want to believe what everybody else believes.

> Someone remarked that I should be "appropriately embarrassed" for listening to James McGinn. After the event, I was rather amused with myself how I could have rejected the simple fact that water vapor in the atmosphere is gaseous - a gas in the atmosphere. The first reason could be reading McGinn's "no gaseous water vapor in the atmosphere". But the critical moment is the wiki:
> "water vapor or aqueous vapor, is the gaseous phase of water."

Wiki is where sheep go to find out what all the other sheep think.

> Even now, I could remember very clearly my immediate reaction : "Wong! I think McGinn is right, cannot be gaseous". Probably, the only piece of information I relied on then was "water at 1 atmosphere pressure cannot be gaseous at ambient temperature" (James McGinn is still holding onto this statement and would not let go).

You have no evidence that contradicts this. Right? (Answer the question you evasive twit.)

> Don't laugh at the question: "How is it that water (vapor in the atmosphere) at ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure could be in the gaseous phase?". In one of the JM link's, this is the exact question asked in sci.physics.research. It elicited various scholarly replies - it was not rejected as a dumb question!

Surreal!

There was one which went into some details about thermodynamics (I can't remember the details, McGinn please give the link again).

> *** Water Vapor - the Gaseous Phase ***
> I can imagine how easy it is to teach high school students about water vapor being the gas phase.
> "The atmosphere is 78% Nitrogen, 20% Oyxgen... gaseous...There is water in the atmosphere. The PROOF is evaporation. Water in a dish left in the open will all disappear, evaporating into the atmosphere. So evaporation is the change of water from the liquid phase to the gaseous phase of water... And now about Saturated Vapor Pressure ... ".
> It is so simple. You don't have to explain to the high school students why water vapor in the atmosphere is in the gaseous state!
> *** You simply TELL them water vapor in the atmosphere is water in the gaseous phase. PERIOD ***

You don't even have to do that. Everybody assumes it is gaseous. Everybody. Just like everybody tends to believe in ghosts.

> This is the beauty of teaching by telling! From China, India, .. right to the USA, all students are told the same all the years - all believe (currently, the only person left on earth still not believing is James McGinn!).

Sheep tend to follow the sheep that tell them what they want to believe.

> What is a gas? In the beginning ... things were easy...when Adam and Eve started to ask questions, things became complicated. We needed a Boltzmann to give us the kinetic theory before we have a better understanding about the gaseous phase.
>
> James McGinn still does have an idea of what the gaseous phase of matter is. Somehow, he could not accept molecules of water (vapor) darting about; that it is this "particle" of gases colliding with the container that gives gas a pressure against the container wall.

LOL. That's the dumbest explanation ever.

James McGinn

Jan 18, 2017, 10:05:33 AM1/18/17
LOL. Thats a retarded explanation.

Claudius Denk

Jan 18, 2017, 10:14:54 AM1/18/17
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:47:59 PM UTC-8, chanr...@gmail.com wrote:
McGinn is right. This is a retarded explanation.

Claudius Denk

Jan 18, 2017, 11:38:12 AM1/18/17
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:47:59 PM UTC-8, chanr...@gmail.com wrote:
Are clouds gaseous also?

If you had a cloud in a container would it be gaseous.

Stop pretending to be dumb, you know the answers to these questions.

Answer these questions you coward.

Yuri Kretin

Jan 18, 2017, 2:07:44 PM1/18/17
On 1/18/2017 1:47 AM, chanr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 January 2017 15:17:16 UTC+8, chanr...@gmail.com
> wrote:

>> Someone remarked that I should be "appropriately embarrassed" for
>> listening to James McGinn.

The
>> first reason could be reading McGinn's "no gaseous water vapor in
>> the atmosphere".

"Wong! I think McGinn
>> is right, cannot be gaseous".

(James McGinn is still
>> holding onto this statement and would not let go).

In one of the JM link's, this is the
>> exact question asked in sci.physics.research.

(I can't
>> remember the details, McGinn please give the link again).

(currently, the only person left on earth still not
>> believing is James McGinn!).
>>

>> James McGinn still does have an idea of what the gaseous phase of
>> matter is.

>> Best regards, Chan JAMES MCGINN Rasjid. Singapore
>
> Typo again: "James McGinn still does NOT have an idea of what the
> gaseous phase of matter is...."
>

> Best regards, Chan JAMES MCGINN Rasjid. Singapore

If you're talking James McGinn, you're talking poo-poo.

McGinn is Insane James.

James McGinn

Jan 18, 2017, 2:11:35 PM1/18/17
All of this must be like a nightmare for you church ladies.

James McGinn

Jan 18, 2017, 3:58:15 PM1/18/17
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:47:59 PM UTC-8, chanr...@gmail.com wrote:
So, Ed, do you agree with Chan?

Claudius Denk

Jan 18, 2017, 5:40:36 PM1/18/17
Answer the question you evasive twit.

Chan Rasjid

Jan 19, 2017, 9:55:21 AM1/19/17
James McGinn is usually very helpful to provide links; I asked for his links in sci.physics.research; this time around, he refused to obliged. I happen to discover the search function in google groups. Here's the link.

Don't laugh at James McGinn; it was a genuine question asked in sci.physics.research:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sci.physics.research/water$20vapor$20pressure$20ambient$20temperature%7Csort:relevance/sci.physics.research/QOxLdbhLwQ0/Yv0elXh0CgAJ

"We all know that water is a fluid unless the temperature is below freezing (ice) or above boiling (steam). Yet according to the psychometric chart there is water as a gas in the atmosphere at temperatures at which water is supposed to be in liquid form. How come?"

This is the world acclaimed "original discovery" when James McGinn discovered the right way to read "steam tables" - all scientists in the world read the steam table wrongly for centuries!
*** Water at ambient temperature and normal atmospheric pressure cannot be in the gaseous phase ***
Therefore, according to "original discovery", there cannot be gaseous water in the atmosphere. Look around planet earth, where has all the "gas phase of water" got hidden. Not in atmosphere, not in the underground sewers, not inside your bottle of drinks, not within the guts of animals, not in any niche! The only probable niche is in a still unopened cell of Qin ShiHuang's tomb! Or the ET send all gaseous water to planet Venus!

James McGinn insist in reading his "steam table" in his own manner. He look for temperature of his "hot steam" at 1 atm and found what he wanted - steam temperature is 100⁰ C; he is well satisfied. But the the 1 atm of "steam" pressure" would mean in James McGinn's earth:
1) ambient temperature = 100⁰ C
2) normal atmospheric pressure = 1.95 atm (N2 0.6 atm, O2 0.35 atm, hot steam 1.0 atm)
On such a planet earth, none of us would be around. Only James McGinn. No one would be reading his original theory of storms.

Yuri Kretin

Jan 19, 2017, 11:02:26 AM1/19/17
On 1/19/2017 8:55 AM, Chan Rasjid wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:17:16 PM UTC+8, Chan Rasjid
> wrote:
>> This is my explanation why I had a momentary lapse in understanding
>> and rejected any gaseous water vapor in the atmosphere.
>>
>> Someone remarked that I should be "appropriately embarrassed" for
>> listening to James McGinn.
>> The
>> first reason could be reading McGinn's "no gaseous water vapor in
>> the atmosphere".

>> "Wong! I think McGinn
>> is right, cannot be gaseous".

>>(James McGinn is still
>> holding onto this statement and would not let go).

>> In one of the JM link's,
>> (I can't
>> remember the details, McGinn please give the link again).
>> (currently, the only person left on earth still not
>> believing is James McGinn!).
>>

>> James McGinn still does have an idea of what the gaseous phase of
>> matter is. Somehow, he could not accept molecules of water (vapor)
>> darting about;

> James McGinn is usually very helpful to provide links; I asked for
> his links
> Don't laugh at James McGinn;
> This is the world acclaimed "original discovery" when James McGinn
> discovered the right way to read "steam tables" - all scientists in
> the world read the steam table wrongly for centuries!

> James McGinn insist in reading his "steam table" in his own manner.
> He look for temperature of his "hot steam" at 1 atm and found what he
> wanted - steam temperature is 100⁰ C; he is well satisfied. But the
> the 1 atm of "steam" pressure" would mean in James McGinn's earth:

> Only James McGinn would be
> reading his original theory of storms.
>
> Best regards, Chan Rasjid. Singapore

you are a James McGinn suck-up. Invoking his name, is invoking mental
insanity.

He is a loon, he knows as much science as a cooked marshmallow.

you have soiled yourself with your McGinn wipes.

James McGinn

Jan 19, 2017, 11:54:03 AM1/19/17
Hi Chan,

Let's give Yuri some space. See my response here:
Chan's Dilemma: When Wrong is Right and Right is Wrong
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/-ZqfmueLnNM/frgbk-BMCgAJ

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

Chan Rasjid

Jan 19, 2017, 1:29:11 PM1/19/17
[A June/2015 thread]
Don't laugh at James McGinn; it was a genuine question asked in sci.physics.research:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sci.physics.research/water$20vapor$20pressure$20ambient$20temperature%7Csort:relevance/sci.physics.research/QOxLdbhLwQ0/Yv0elXh0CgAJ

"We all know that water is a fluid unless the temperature is below freezing (ice) or above boiling (steam). Yet according to the psychometric chart there is water as a gas in the atmosphere at temperatures at which water is supposed to be in liquid form. How come?"

I think none of the replies in the thread was relevant (So it seems to me) to the OP. It seems explaining why water vapor in the atmosphere is in the gaseous phase is not simple and straightforward, but stating it as a fact is simple.

To examine the state of water in the atmosphere, it is not the total atmospheric pressure that matters, but the pressure that the atmospheric water vapor contributes to the total atmospheric pressure. If a volume of the moist air is collected in a close container, the partial pressure of water vapor is the pressure after all other gases are eliminated (in a thought experiment). Say room temperature is 20⁰ C and the partial vapor pressure is 0.015 atm.
From the Saturated Water Vapor Pressure data, we find that there is a water gas-liquid equilibrium at:
(0.015 atm, say 12⁰ C). As the room temperature is 20⁰ C, water vapor can exists fully in the gas phase at 0.015 atm (water vapor pressure).

Just like James McGinn, the OP who asked the question in the sci.physics.research had the wrong notion that it was the total atmospheric pressure that matters - it is not! At ambient temperature, the water vapor contributes only a little to the total gas atmospheric pressure as in Dalton's Law of Partial Pressure; maybe about 0.01 to 0.03 atm. It is this 0.01 to 0.03 atm that applies (to read steam tables), not the 1 atm of James McGinn.

James McGinn

Jan 19, 2017, 2:01:27 PM1/19/17
On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:29:11 AM UTC-8, Chan Rasjid wrote:

Chan:
It seems explaining why water vapor in the atmosphere is in the gaseous
phase is not simple and straightforward, but stating it as a fact is simple.

James McGinn:
Right. It is assumed and not determined empirically.

Chan:
It is not the total atmospheric pressure that matters, but the pressure that
the atmospheric water vapor contributes to the total atmospheric pressure.

James McGinn:
Do you really believe that? Shall we call it Chan's Law?

Chan:
Just like James McGinn, the OP who asked the question in the sci.physics.research had the wrong notion that it was the total atmospheric
pressure that matters - it is not!

James McGinn:
Well, that's because you haven't considered McGinn's Law. McGinn's Law: You/We can't just make up new laws.

Chan:
At ambient temperature, the water vapor contributes only a little to the
total gas atmospheric pressure.

James McGinn:
I don't accept Chan's Law as valid. So . . .

Chan's Dilemma: When Wrong is Right and Right is Wrong
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.physics/-ZqfmueLnNM/frgbk-BMCgAJ

Cheers,

edpr...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 9:09:17 AM1/20/17
On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 2:01:27 PM UTC-5, James McGinn wrote:
> On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:29:11 AM UTC-8, Chan Rasjid wrote:

[]

> Chan:
> It is not the total atmospheric pressure that matters, but the pressure that
> the atmospheric water vapor contributes to the total atmospheric pressure.
>
> James McGinn:
> Do you really believe that? Shall we call it Chan's Law?

It is Dalton's Law.

> Chan:
> Just like James McGinn, the OP who asked the question in the
> sci.physics.research had the wrong notion that it was the total atmospheric
> pressure that matters - it is not!
>
> James McGinn:
> Well, that's because you haven't considered McGinn's Law.
> McGinn's Law: You/We can't just make up new laws.

No, you just ignore them.

> Chan:
> At ambient temperature, the water vapor contributes only a little to the
> total gas atmospheric pressure.
>
> James McGinn:
> I don't accept Chan's Law as valid. So . . .

Dalton's Law is the one you're ignoring.

[snip link to repost of the same stuff]

Stay in the same thread, stop spamming.

Enjoy.

Chan Rasjid

Jan 20, 2017, 10:13:55 AM1/20/17
I understand James McGinn had one 52 pages booklet published under sort of Kindle about storm and tornadoes.

I am aware he has uploaded at least two youtube videos. In one ... he (probably) talks about how plasma affects the weather...etc. I did no see the second video. I click on the first video (during the 10 days when I thought water vapor in the atmosphere was not gaseous) and heard some mention about plasma and the weather...etc. I listened to the first 30 - 60 seconds.

How is he to talk about the plasma state of matter when he has no idea about the gaseous state of matter. He can't even figure out the weather due to gases at the top of a mercury barometer and he goes that far and dive deep inside a tornado.

James McGinn

Jan 20, 2017, 10:22:05 AM1/20/17
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 6:09:17 AM UTC-8, edpr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 2:01:27 PM UTC-5, James McGinn wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 10:29:11 AM UTC-8, Chan Rasjid wrote:
> >
> []
> >
> > Chan:
> > It is not the total atmospheric pressure that matters, but the pressure that
> > the atmospheric water vapor contributes to the total atmospheric pressure.
> >
> > James McGinn:
> > Do you really believe that? Shall we call it Chan's Law?
>
> It is Dalton's Law.

Dalton's Law is well understood. And it ain't this, dumbass.

James McGinn

Jan 20, 2017, 10:26:41 AM1/20/17
Uh, you don't get to just reinterpret laws to match what you want to believe.

That isn't the way science works, you simpleton.

Find another hobby.

Yuri Kretin

Jan 20, 2017, 10:31:52 AM1/20/17
On 1/19/2017 12:29 PM, Chan Rasjid wrote:
> [A June/2015 thread] Don't laugh at James McGinn;

> "We all know that water is a fluid unless the temperature is below
> freezing (ice) or above boiling (steam).

at what PRESSURE fuckwit ?

> Yet according to the
> psychometric chart there is water as a gas in the atmosphere at
> temperatures at which water is supposed to be in liquid form. How
> come?"

WRONG QUESTION. How Much ? You can use the Chart to calculate that.

> I think none of the replies in the thread was relevant (So it seems
> to me) to the OP. It seems explaining why water vapor in the
> atmosphere is in the gaseous phase is not simple and straightforward,
> but stating it as a fact is simple.

you have a weak mind. that is what the Psychometric Chart is all about

http://www.truetex.com/psychrometric_chart.gif

note right hand axis...

"Pounds of Water per Pound of Dry air."

If you do not know how to use this chart, you do not know anything about
Water Vapor or Water Gas, you are scientifically illiterate.

> To examine the state of water in the atmosphere, it is not the total
> atmospheric pressure that matters, but the pressure that the
> atmospheric water vapor contributes to the total atmospheric
> pressure. If a volume of the moist air is collected in a close
> container, the partial pressure of water vapor is the pressure after
> all other gases are eliminated (in a thought experiment). Say room
> temperature is 20⁰ C and the partial vapor pressure is 0.015 atm.
> From the Saturated Water Vapor Pressure data, we find that there is a
> water gas-liquid equilibrium at: (0.015 atm, say 12⁰ C). As the room
> temperature is 20⁰ C, water vapor can exists fully in the gas phase
> at 0.015 atm (water vapor pressure).
>
> Just like James McGinn, the 1 atm of James McGinn.
>
> Best regards, Chan Rasjid. Singapore

you continue to invoke your hero "James McGinn", who is insane.

but seriously, go study the Psychometric Chart, it shows the complex
relationships, defines how air conditioning will work, Heating, lots of
other things too. and it works.

http://www.powerknot.com/how-to-read-and-use-a-psychrometric-chart.html

Claudius Denk

Jan 20, 2017, 10:35:54 AM1/20/17
On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 6:55:21 AM UTC-8, Chan Rasjid wrote:

> James McGinn insist in reading his "steam table" in his own manner. He look for temperature of his "hot steam" at 1 atm and found what he wanted - steam temperature is 100⁰ C

So, what do you think the boiling temperature is at 1 atm?

Claudius Denk

Jan 20, 2017, 10:48:09 AM1/20/17
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 7:31:52 AM UTC-8, Yuri Kretin wrote:

> > I think none of the replies in the thread was relevant (So it seems
> > to me) to the OP. It seems explaining why water vapor in the
> > atmosphere is in the gaseous phase is not simple and straightforward,
> > but stating it as a fact is simple.
>
> you have a weak mind. that is what the Psychometric Chart is all about
>
> http://www.truetex.com/psychrometric_chart.gif

LOL. So, looking something up on Google gives you a strong mind?

> If you do not know how to use this chart, you do not know anything about
> Water Vapor or Water Gas, you are scientifically illiterate.

A third grader can read a chart, you silly ass.

> you continue to invoke your hero "James McGinn", who is insane.

It must seem insane to you to suggest a Google search isn't a scientific method.

> but seriously, go study the Psychometric Chart, it shows the complex
> relationships, defines how air conditioning will work, Heating, lots of
> other things too. and it works.
>
> http://www.powerknot.com/how-to-read-and-use-a-psychrometric-chart.html

LOL. So, are you presenting your reading skills as scientific evidence?

Are you a savante, like Rainman.

Yuri Kretin

Jan 20, 2017, 11:19:38 AM1/20/17
read the 2 real reviews, both negitive. 'a non funny joke' and
'unfamilar with basic science'
He forged the other two 'positive' reviews.

> I am aware he has uploaded at least two youtube videos. In one ... he
> (probably) talks about how plasma affects the weather...etc.

so you watched it ? too bad.

> I did no
> see the second video. I click on the first video (during the 10 days
> when I thought water vapor in the atmosphere was not gaseous) and
> heard some mention about plasma and the weather...etc. I listened to
> the first 30 - 60 seconds.

you are now contaminated... Watching McGinn YouTube videos is beyond
lame-o, you are sick, infected with insane thought-germs.

Did you see him holding up his hand drawings of mickey mouse heads ?

> How is he to talk about the plasma state of matter when he has no
> idea about the gaseous state of matter. He can't even figure out the
> weather due to gases at the top of a mercury barometer and he goes
> that far and dive deep inside a tornado.

on the upside, he did figure out how to self publish a book.

he should have sold it as Science Fiction.

James McGinn

Jan 20, 2017, 12:39:45 PM1/20/17
On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:19:38 AM UTC-8, Yuri Kretin wrote:
> On 1/20/2017 9:13 AM, Chan Rasjid wrote:

> > I understand James McGinn had one 52 pages booklet published under
> > sort of Kindle about storm and tornadoes.
>
> read the 2 real reviews, both negitive. 'a non funny joke' and
> 'unfamilar with basic science'
> He forged the other two 'positive' reviews.

You seem frantic. Hmm.

Try to simmer down. Try not to think about it. You'll blow a fuse.

> > I am aware he has uploaded at least two youtube videos. In one ... he
> > (probably) talks about how plasma affects the weather...etc.
>
> so you watched it ? too bad.
>
> > I did no
> > see the second video. I click on the first video (during the 10 days
> > when I thought water vapor in the atmosphere was not gaseous) and
> > heard some mention about plasma and the weather...etc. I listened to
> > the first 30 - 60 seconds.
>

> you are now contaminated... Watching McGinn YouTube videos is beyond
> lame-o, you are sick, infected with insane thought-germs.

Take a deep breath.

James McGinn

Feb 15, 2017, 10:28:09 AM2/15/17
Vapor and gas are two different things, dumbass.

It's really that simple Chan.

You are but a confused child.

James McGinn

Feb 15, 2017, 10:29:23 AM2/15/17
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 11:17:16 PM UTC-8, Chan Rasjid wrote:

> James McGinn still does have an idea of what the gaseous phase of matter is. Somehow, he could not accept molecules of water (vapor) darting about; that it is this "particle" of gases colliding with the container that gives gas a pressure against the container wall.

This is a retarded argument.

pnal...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2017, 4:30:22 PM2/15/17
Dim-witted McGinn spewed:

"Vapor and gas are two different things, dumbass..."

This is an extraordinary claim, which therefore requires extraordinary proof.

Prove it, Jim, or go away until you can.

Serg Io

Feb 15, 2017, 5:13:51 PM2/15/17
Is there any noticeable difference between McGinn's balloon head filled
with Vapor, or filled with Gas ? (to 20 PSI)

James McGinn

Feb 16, 2017, 1:06:17 PM2/16/17
LOL. Ever notice steam engines don't run on evaporate, dumbass?

pnal...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 3:18:07 PM2/16/17
Dim-bulb McGinn said:

"Ever notice steam engines don't run on evaporate, dumbass"

Ever notice that steam engines have nothing whatsoever to do with water vapor being a gas. Apparently your stupidity is boundless...

noTthaTguY

Feb 16, 2017, 3:52:27 PM2/16/17
vapor is invisible, because it only increases the index
of refraction of air, 1.0003, by some amount,
perhaps less than 0.0001; wherea
droplets cause rainbows, as every one knows,
who has seen a sprinkler, sprinkling in the daytine

James McGinn

Feb 16, 2017, 4:01:41 PM2/16/17
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 12:18:07 PM UTC-8, pnal...@gmail.com wrote:
> Dim-bulb McGinn said:
>
> "Ever notice steam engines don't run on evaporate, dumbass"
>
> Ever notice that steam engines have nothing whatsoever to do with water vapor being a gas.

Uh, . . . er, uh . . . yes. That was my point.

Maybe you should leave science to scientists.

edpr...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2017, 12:44:27 AM2/17/17
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 4:01:41 PM UTC-5, James McGinn wrote:
[]

> Uh, . . . er, uh . . . yes. That was my point.
>
> Maybe you should leave science to scientists.
>
> James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

Well that leaves you out JM!!
(Your degree was in ?????????)

ed 8^)

Claudius Denk

Feb 23, 2017, 9:30:39 PM2/23/17
I think you've proven than any idiot can get a degree.

James McGinn

Feb 23, 2017, 11:16:03 PM2/23/17
Don't get frantic on us.