LIGO detects neutron star merger

Michael Moroney

Oct 16, 2017, 1:31:27 PM10/16/17
On August 17, LIGO detected a signal that was consistent with a merger
of two neutron stars. Unlike the black hole merger signals, this one
lasted about 100 seconds.

Less than two seconds later, other detectors detected a gamma ray burst.

Multiple telescopes then detected a new object in a galaxy 130 million
light years away, known as NGC 4993, in the region of space that LIGO
and the gamma ray burst detectors said the neutron star merger should
have taken place.

This is really, really cool.

Bud Cargo

Oct 16, 2017, 1:41:41 PM10/16/17
Michael Moroney wrote:

> Multiple telescopes then detected a new object in a galaxy 130 million
> light years away, known as NGC 4993, in the region of space that LIGO
> and the gamma ray burst detectors said the neutron star merger should
> have taken place. This is really, really cool.

I beg to differ. You have no proofs. There are no proofs.

Michael Moroney

Oct 16, 2017, 1:50:50 PM10/16/17
Of course you do. That's because you are a retarded nymshifting
troll. Nymshifting trolls don't understand anything except for how
to shift nyms and babble nonsense.

Bud Cargo

Oct 16, 2017, 1:53:28 PM10/16/17
I didn't say anything. That babble can't physically be mine. You do the
talking, but no proofs.

Michael Moroney

Oct 16, 2017, 3:09:04 PM10/16/17
"R.T." <matt.r...@outlook.com> writes:
>Maybe. But note Virgo didn't actually detect it.

It did, but it was below the threshold to signal an alert. They had to go
back and look and saw the weaker signal.

>And then look at the Fermi grb detection. It wasn't initially noted as a trigger.
>The LIGO event was posted on GCN. And a search of the untriggered data
>in all the other grb detectors was made and only after seven hours or so later
>of data trawling a "weak short pulse of 2 s" was conveniently found in fermi.

Half hour, at most.

From an article in the Washington Post:

Just 1.7 seconds after the initial gravitational wave detection, NASA's Fermi
Space Telescope registered a brief flash of gamma radiation coming from the
constellation Hydra. Half an hour later, McEnery, the telescope's project
scientist, got an email from a colleague with the subject line, "WAKE UP."

"It said, 'This gamma ray burst has an interesting friend. ... Buckle up,'"
McEnery recalled.

Double-A

Oct 16, 2017, 3:43:02 PM10/16/17
Two seconds later? Does mean that gravitational waves travel faster than c?

Double-A

numbernu...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 3:57:53 PM10/16/17
How do sound waves propagate in space?

Double-A

Oct 16, 2017, 5:00:58 PM10/16/17
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 12:57:53 PM UTC-7, numbernu...@gmail.com wrote:
> How do sound waves propagate in space?

Do they?

Double-A

Michael Moroney

Oct 16, 2017, 6:23:03 PM10/16/17
They don't. But these are gravity waves, nothing to do with sound waves.

reber G=emc^2

Oct 16, 2017, 9:36:26 PM10/16/17
If I go with GWs am I allowed to ask this? What is waving? TreBert

Michael Moroney

Oct 16, 2017, 10:44:26 PM10/16/17
Spacetime.

hanson

Oct 16, 2017, 11:40:50 PM10/16/17
<http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig> aka
"reber G=emc^2" <herbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
"If I go with GWs am I allowed to ask this? What is waving?

Glazier's neo-tutor Sam Wormley <olli...@gmail.com>
was waving to Trebert & wrote:
"Herb — You should be sued by the LIGO Nobel Laureates
for call thing them con men — you should be ashamed of
yourself with no formal education. You can't do algebra,
geometry, or the calculus. You don’t know the difference
between gravity and gravitational wave. Fucking pathetic.
Herb, you have spun a few too many times and are now
in a fucking stupor. Fits your theory of spin is in--sane,.
& is part of you dead brain theory, eh Herb. Oh Ya!"

Loud-mouth SwineBert, the cretin wrote:
ollie I give talks on astronomy where people ROTFLTAO
& daily I write lots of pitiful self-praising Glazierola. So ollli
you're just hot air. Put up or shut up. You are a loser ollie
you have to have a brain to understand me.Get lost loser. TreBert

Glazier's ex-tutor Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
"Glazier, do not post in a science newsgroup."
"Glazier, quit posting __ your Gutter Science__."
"Glazier, exit USENET. -- IOW Glazier, beat it!."

"Glazier, your science is far worse than the man's on the street."
"Glazier, your postings are old man's garbage."
"Glazier, your brain is entangled with a used garbage can."

"reber, take your 'you know it all thinking' to your grave" .
"reber, your horseshit gets old. Say hi to Allah for me.:
"reber, you don't believe in science."

john

Oct 17, 2017, 5:29:50 AM10/17/17
Waves in the aether.
Cool

reber G=emc^2

Oct 17, 2017, 2:30:32 PM10/17/17
3 neutron stars merging creates 1 BH TreBert

Double-A

Oct 17, 2017, 2:48:37 PM10/17/17
A menage a trois?

Double-A

Double-A

Oct 17, 2017, 2:50:36 PM10/17/17
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 2:29:50 AM UTC-7, john wrote:
> Waves in the aether.
> Cool

Aether, ether, spacetime.

What's in a name, anyway?

Double-A

numbernu...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 3:46:59 PM10/17/17
I think that you a mistaken since the MIT LIGO gravity wave experiment is detecting sound waves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIGO#/media/File:Simplified_diagram_of_an_Advanced_LIGO_detector.png

hanson

Oct 18, 2017, 1:17:05 AM10/18/17
<http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig> alias
"reber G=emc^2" <herbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
" 3 neurons start merging creates 1 of _Bert's Hemorrhoids_
(BH) which Glazier details in Bert's OWN "book that just
came out called 'Chickenshit' " with excerpts posted by &
about <http://tinyurl.com/Loudmouth-Glazier-8Feb2017> with

<http://tinyurl.com/SwineBert-s-WRONG-Predictions> who
is <http://tinyurl.com/The-Chosen-Graveyard-Vandal> & does
this <http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8MGOU-CQAEaZw4.jpg>,
as he waits for <http://tinyurl.com/Swine-Glazier-s-Undertaker>
but refuses <http://tinyurl.com/Herbert-Glazier-s-Reprieve> &
then <http://tinyurl.com/Jew-Swine-Glazier-cries> as seen
in his <http://tinyurl.com/Blog-of-2-fecal-kikes-Mar2017>
with <http://tinyurl.com/Swine-Glazier-s-REAL-intent> by
<http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig> who said
"it's tricky", but "it fits" & "it's on the money". "Go Figure" as
seen in <http://tinyurl.com/Bert-s-Selfintroductn-Oct2017>

hanson

Oct 18, 2017, 12:53:41 PM10/18/17
<http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig>
alias Herbert Glazier wrote:
"Its scary thinking they can plug into our women, and
they give the women a 100% better "orgazim" said
TreBert whose "beytsim" fell off long ago" O ya

Abner wrote:
Do they?
It's been a log time since I've beaten my computer at chess.
I have to consider the rare stalemate to be a victory!,
which is because Abner has become like Cretin Glazier.
Total Self-Wish-Fulfillment accomplished. "It's a given."

Edward Prochak

Oct 18, 2017, 1:37:56 PM10/18/17
yes very exciting. If more detectors come online,
it will be possible to locate the source more precisely.

And as the team working on this better understand
the data being generated, they will be able to make
deeper observations into parts of the universe that
are invisible to us, such as the far side of the
Milky Way for example.

Good stuff!
ed

Edward Prochak

Oct 18, 2017, 1:42:55 PM10/18/17
Silly boy!
You make the mistaken assumption that only sound exists
at those frequencies. Lots of other phenomenon operate
at low frequencies.

Enjoy,
ed

numbernu...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 2:41:25 PM10/18/17

Really, show me other phenomenon that operate at the frequencies between 20-1000 Hz.

numbernu...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 3:54:45 PM10/18/17

"TABLE 5.1 FREQUENCY BANDS FOR GRAVIATIONAL WAVES

Designation..............................................Frequency...............................Typical sources

Extremely low frequency.......................10-7 to 10-4 Hz..........................Slow binaries, black hole (>108 Mo)

Very low frequency................................10-4 to 10-1 Hz.........................Fast binaries, black holes (<108 Mo), white-dwarf vibrations

Low frequency.......................................10-1 to 102 Hz..........................Binary pulsars, black holes (<105 Mo)

Medium frequency.................................102 to 105 Hz...........................Supernovas, pulsar vibrations

High frequency......................................105 to 108 Hz............................Man-made?

Very high frequency..............................108 to 1011 Hz..........................Blackbody, cosmological?" (Ohanian, p. 242).

"The most promising frequency band is that of medium frequency, from 102 to 105 Hz. There are several probable sources of gravitational waves in this band and, fortunately, detectors that respond to waves in this band can be built. There is little doubt that gravitational waves are incident on the Earth; the question is, can we build a detector sufficiently sensitive to feel them?" (Ohanian, p. 242).

Weber's 1662 Hz gravity wave is ten order of magnitude greater than the frequency of a 10-7 Hz black hole gravity wave. Also, a 10-7 Hz black hole gravity wave does not represent a radio wave and has a wavelength of 1015 m!!! Furthermore, a 104 Hz supernovas gravity wave represents a sound wave but sound cannot propagate in the vacuum of stellar space nor can sound propagate at the velocity of light. The LIGO gravitational wave experiment detected gravity waves formed by the collision of two 250 ly black holes that produces gravitational waves of frequencies between 35 Hz to 250 Hz that acoustical chirps vibrate the armature of a laser interferometer forming the signal of the gravity waves but the LIGO gravity waves represent the frequencies of sound that cannot propagate in the vacuum of celestial space at the velocity of light.

Edward Prochak

Oct 19, 2017, 12:39:22 AM10/19/17
Pendulums.

vocal cords
the set of wind chimes on my deck.
(Note: not the sound they emit, but the chime or cord itself
vibrates at those frequencies)

Various oscillating circuits.

It's late that's all I can think of right now.
Enjoy,
ed

numbernu...@gmail.com

Oct 19, 2017, 4:55:55 PM10/19/17
The detection of a blackhole requires the viewing of stars that surround the blackbody hole but to detect a 250 million ly star where A is the earth orbital diameter, B is the distance to the star that surround a 250 million ly black hole would require a resolution of: A/B = θ = .000000001 arcsec yet the Hubble has a resolution of .1 arsec which proves black holes and gravity waves are an astronomic hoax.

reber G=emc^2

Oct 19, 2017, 6:05:27 PM10/19/17
LIGO talk goes like this".Space ripples" Ripples in spacetime Ripples create curving and that goes with Einstein.LIGO will get the noise of the big bang.After all it happenedover 15 billion LYs ago and it relates with those 2 BHs 2 billion LYs away.Also quarks,and neutron star not only give off EM waves but colliding and orbiting close LIGO has not a problem with them and they collide only 150 million LYs away.Reality is LIGO is a big lie,and if you go with LIGO scam you have lead in your brain.

hanson

Oct 19, 2017, 7:15:07 PM10/19/17
that Bert has lead in his brain, & that he is too stupid
to see that the 2 women SwineBert tries to con, are
out-conning him and they after Glazier's Van and after
Glazier's Money. And "THEY are on the Money", "WOW",
"Oh ya". "Go figure" as seen in

<http://tinyurl.com/Swine-Glazier-s-Undertaker> [1]
who is a GOPer that engineers Berts' pending demise
and she has a gruesome end in store for Glazier since
since she is after Bert's Van that she wants to convert
into a hearse with Glazier being the 1st stiff in it. [1]

And now that you, Glazier have told all that [1] to Sandy,
and bragged to her that you have stashed away & hidden
$100'000 cash in your Van, Sandy is not about to play
2nd fiddle for the GOPer Lady. Sandy schemoing and
conning YOU, stupid SwineBert, so that she can get her
greedy little hands onto your money.
"It's a pity", BUT "Sandy will be on the money".... just...

like in this case here that is in the News right now:
< https://apple.news/AH4vuyphZQDSUHIhmMDSGQw>
The Yiddiser shicksah Alice Legall, 46, stands accused
of swindling nearly half a million dollars from an elderly
patron who considered her a friend. Read the full story

Glazier, for your benefit, here are some details which
led you down this primrose path that YOU selected for
yourself, ... instead of you being save & sound & the
big shot in a Jewish retirement resort on the East Coast!
Duh!. "It's a pity". "Go figure" and here it is:

---------- start re-posts ---------

<http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig> alias
"Herbert Glazier" <herbert...@gmail.com> lied as
he wrote about
"Sandy", which acc. to SwineBert, was 1st a cop, then
she was a 53 old safety monitor on Wal-Mart's Parking
lot, where Glazier illegally parked, and then Bert cried
when Sandy gave him the "cold shoulder" and told him
to get lost" and now the lying Swine Glazier says that
Sandy took a day off to be with the ugly PigBert. LOL

Glazier, the Jewish Jailbird kept on lying:
"Sandy and I Eat at the Anaheim Duck Park under a tree.
Split, a cooked chicken with the fixings(((( meaning the
mooch and cheap shit Bert conned her to pay for the
whole thing))) .Washed down with pink wine" no matter
that it's illegal to have/drink Alcohol in public parks.

Glazier, the Jewish Criminal kept on lying:
"Then we went holiday Pool" which is criminal trespassing,
illegal entry and or -use because you are not a registered
guest there.

Glazier, the stinking pig praised himself, saying:
"I lived in heavy air for most of my life.Now its light air.
Go figue" because now
Bert's OWN "book just came out called 'Chickenshit' "
doing this <http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8MGOU-CQAEaZw4.jpg>,
reber G=emc^2" <herbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
*** "I am a proud Jew with a Superiority complex &
*** an IQ of 122", and "I know how everything works."
*** "I park & bark in the dark & I do not wink since I stink".
*** "I feel very safe when I lie. I will lie till I die". Trebert
*** "Being Jewish I know this is so very true" -- Bert.
*** ___** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- asked Bert
and then he complained:

"I am having a problem parking my van over night here
in Anaheim,Hmmm. its on a private place.TreBert"

hanson wrote:
Well, Glazier old pal, that private parking place must
belong to the couple that you invited yesterday out
for a Maine Lobster dinner and then waited until THEY
paid, didn't you. Glazier, you are such a cheap mooch...
or...
Glazier, did you piss them off when you emptied your
bucket that you shit into, and poured it on their driveway
which is enough reason "Why you're not loved by all!"