Re: Why does mass/energy cause spacetime to curve?

Jeffrey Bannister

Nov 2, 2015, 5:22:03 PM11/2/15
JanPB wrote:

>> The field equations of null Ricci tensor has zero energy momentum
>> tensor but yields solutions such as the Schwarzschild metri exhibiting
>> curvatures in spacetime. <shrug>
>
> True but the question was why mass/energy causes spacetime to curve.

Very clever, making a postulate to a fact jut by asking a question. No, my
dear friend. There are no evidences that your ghostly "spacetime" curves.
This is it, you might not like it, sorry to break your toy.

Nota bene, my little theory of Divergent Matter no need of curved
spacetime. No need for spacetime all together.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Nov 2, 2015, 6:55:04 PM11/2/15
Jeffrey Bannister wrote:

> JanPB wrote:
>>> The field equations of null Ricci tensor has zero energy momentum
>>> tensor but yields solutions such as the Schwarzschild metri exhibiting
>>> curvatures in spacetime. <shrug>
>> True but the question was why mass/energy causes spacetime to curve.
>
> Very clever, making a postulate to a fact jut by asking a question. No, my
> dear friend. There are no evidences that your ghostly "spacetime" curves.

There is plenty of evidence, and it has been presented here numerous times
before, but the ’nym-shifting troll *chooses* to ignore it.

*PLONK*

PointedEars
--
Q: Where are offenders sentenced for light crimes?
A: To a prism.

(from: WolframAlpha)

noTthaTguY

Nov 3, 2015, 1:55:52 PM11/3/15
there is no curvature of time per se,
beyond the many moods of perception.

curvature of space was measured by a)
Aristarchus with his buddy north on the coast, and b)
Gauss (with his new theodolite

reber g=emc^2

Nov 3, 2015, 4:19:41 PM11/3/15
They msake a vent in the fabric of space.Einstein called it a curve.TreBert

Y.Porat

Nov 4, 2015, 2:08:56 AM11/4/15
=====================================
see (Google ) the historic thread :

'THE MOMENT THA6 CURVED SPACE DIED '

2
see
The Y Circlon mechanism
at my site
at its appendix
'The Y Porat Model -an abstract '
=======================================
NO MASS - THE ONLY !! MASS - NO REAL PHYSICS '!
MASS IS THE MOTHER OF **ALL** FORCES
INCLUDING GRAVITY !!

just space is nothing !!!

TIA
Y.Porat
====================================

xxe...@att.net

Nov 4, 2015, 8:34:54 PM11/4/15
xxein: Space-time is nothing other than an artificial concept. Likewise, curving it.

noTthaTguY

Nov 4, 2015, 9:27:49 PM11/4/15
if you mean, by no thing, an absolute (or
pascalian vacuum, that simply is unknown to the sciences

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Nov 4, 2015, 9:56:03 PM11/4/15
Not even wrong.

Spacetime is not merely space and time separately, it is a special manifold
with a Minkowski metric if flat, and a pseudo-Riemannian metric if allowed
to be curved (non-flat). If a manifold is not flat, then the distance
between points of the same coordinates depends on their positions.

For example, on the Earth it is farther from 0° to +10° longitude at 0°
latitude than at +80° latitude (in spherical coordinates) because the
surface of Earth is simplified described by a curved three-dimensional
manifold. (That is _not_ „the curvature of space“, but only of the
mathematical space applied to the surface of Earth. You do know that there
is physical space beyond the surface of Earth, yes?) And at the poles (−90°
and +90° latitude), the distance between points on *any* meridian is zero (a
coordinate singularity). As a result, the shortest route for an airplane is
in general a curved one – and not because it has to start and land: the
required non-zero curvature of the optimum flight path is *horizontal*.

Curved pseudo-Riemannian spacetime merely applies that concept to flat
Minkowski spacetime.

See also: <https://twitter.com/PointedEars2/status/154634575493079041>

PointedEars
--
Q: What happens when electrons lose their energy?
A: They get Bohr'ed.

(from: WolframAlpha)

noTthaTguY

Nov 4, 2015, 10:11:23 PM11/4/15
Bucky was gOOd, because he knew spherical trig,
having commanded a naval vessel before the advent
of radio. however.
it is needlessly difficult, because of a)
two kinds of circles

> > Aristarchus with his buddy north on the coast, and b)
> > Gauss (with his new theodolite in Allsace-lorrainE

> For example, on the Earth it is farther from 0° to +10° longitude at 0°
> latitude than at +80° latitude (in spherical coordinates) because the
> surface of Earth is simplified described by a curved three-dimensional
> manifold. (That is _not_ "the curvature of space", but only of the
> mathematical space applied to the surface of Earth. You do know that there
> is physical space beyond the surface of Earth, yes?) And at the poles (-90°
> and +90° latitude), the distance between points on *any* meridian is zero (a
> coordinate singularity). As a result, the shortest route for an airplane is
> in general a curved one - and not because it has to start and land: the

Y.Porat

Nov 5, 2015, 6:26:44 AM11/5/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:27:49 AM UTC+2, noTthaTguY wrote:
> if you mean, by no thing, an absolute (or
> pascalian vacuum, that simply is unknown to the sciences
>====================================
you are funny !!

if it is nothing
it should be as NOTHING !!
DO YOU KNOW WHY ??
HAD THERE NOT (NOT !!)
BEEN COMPLETE EMPTINESS

=======================================
THAN NO MOVEMENT WHAT SOEVER COULD BE DONE !!
another Y Porat copyright finding
-----------------------
are you able to understand what i said just above??

if not i will explain it
it is simple logic !!

TIA
Y.Porat
----------------------------

reber g=emc^2

Nov 5, 2015, 12:18:38 PM11/5/15
Einstein had Time more important than space.TreBert

Double-A

Nov 5, 2015, 6:47:15 PM11/5/15
How can either be any more important than the other?

Double-A

reber g=emc^2

Nov 5, 2015, 6:50:04 PM11/5/15
Space time curve keeps mass and energy from going to A and B in a straight line.That was proven over 100 years ago. Einstein was waiting for his NOBEL. TreBert

Sam Wormley

Nov 5, 2015, 7:38:23 PM11/5/15
Your buddy, TreberT, takes many things out of context, getting the
physics wrong most of the time. I used to respond to his drivel.

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
to the discussion of physics, news from the physics

noTthaTguY

Nov 5, 2015, 10:34:37 PM11/5/15

> > pascalian vacuum, that simply is unknown to the sciences
> >====================================
a circuar argunent you make:
if there were no pascalian vacuum, then
I couldn't even breathe

Jeff-Relf.Me

Nov 6, 2015, 12:41:12 PM11/6/15

Spacetime is like a rubber sheet, x by t,
space by time.

Absent gravity, or any other forces,
you continually move _straight_ forward in time
on this sheet, never curving (into space).

Locally, here and now,
the speed of "time" (light) is static,
constant, immutable.

Earth warps this (still flat) "rubber spacetime sheet";
so your notionally "straight" path is actually curved.

"Time Curvature" ( into space ) is the (Newtonian) "1g"
we know so well, here on earth.

Here on earth, "Space Curvature" ( into time ) is negligible.
Near the sun, it makes Mercury "spiral" (precess).

reber g=emc^2

Nov 6, 2015, 6:21:28 PM11/6/15
AA I don"t know,but Einstein went with time.Sandy never is on time,but yesterday she did me good. Got my Fullerton mayor papers.We ended up on a park bench pulling a lemon pepper chicken apart washed down with wine splash,and watermelon. Pretty day no clouds. TreBert

reber g=emc^2

Nov 6, 2015, 6:29:44 PM11/6/15
Sam its a given you don't know drivel from reality.Your thinking brain cells are wave dead. You should of eat MSP and then you would not be quoting others .Your posts prove this to be 100% true.No matter the length of pants your nose is coming out by the zipper . Your a bad teacher because you were never taught to THINK. That even you must know.TreBert

Y.Porat

Nov 7, 2015, 2:50:32 AM11/7/15
===========================
your fucken mother is like a rubber shit (shit..)

Y.Porat
====================================

Y.Porat

Nov 7, 2015, 2:55:21 AM11/7/15
if he measured anything it was
the Y Circlon mechanism
NO MASS - THE ONLY MASS - NO REAL PHYSICS
=======================================
2
MASS IS THE MOTHER OF ALL FORCES
INCLUDING GRAVITY !
=============================
even a blockhead could understand it
after that i was putting it clear cut - on the table

ATB
Y.Porat

noTthaTguY

Nov 7, 2015, 10:57:15 AM11/7/15
x by t is a simple phase space,
just as is x by y by z dot t;
the t is the canonical scalar variable,
as introduced by Hamilton.

the speed of time depends only upon the index
of prefraction, viz Snell's goD-Am laW

curvature is hte reciprocal of diameter (kappa = 1/D

Double-A

Nov 8, 2015, 5:30:48 PM11/8/15
Ah the simple pleasures!

Double-A

Jack Monaco

Nov 21, 2015, 11:40:47 AM11/21/15
kefischer wrote:

>>Coordinate acceleration isn't a physical thing.
>
> I wish I could talk about nature with the
> confidence you exhibit. Actually, coordinate acceleration can be
> either "proper acceleration",
> or it can lack proper acceleration, depending on where and how and what
> acceleration is measured.

Too bad you never are or will be confident, in anything.

> The big difference in your assertion above,
> and my discussion, is that, a gravimeter, pendulum,
> and accelerometer, and human feelings do not register freefall AS
> acceleration, but Newton mechanics does consider freefall to be an
> acceleration.

You are not confident, kef, remember?

Interestingly enough, each time you proves incompetent, or you having no
idea what you are talking about, you always invoke "Newton", "Newtonian"
or also derivatives as "Newton mechanics" and such. But you don't know
"Newton Mechanics", just stfu.