Uni Special Relativity Question: Please Help!!!!

1 view

xander...@googlemail.com

Nov 10, 2007, 11:41:26 AM11/10/07
Here's a question i got to work on in lecture last week:

--
A rho meson, rho+, of rest mass of 768 MeV/c2 and total energy of 960
MeV decays

Given that the pi+ has a rest mass of 139.6 MeV/c2 and the pi-o has a
rest mass of
135 MeV/c2, show that the pi-o has a speed of 0.93588c with respect to
the centre of
mass frame, and that its momentum, energy, and Lorentz factor as
measured by an
observer in the laboratory are 735.6 MeV/c, 747.9 MeV, and 5.54,
respectively.
--

We're quite stuck: we know that (e2 = p2 + m2) and are using the
correct units (MeV, MeV/c and MeV/c2 respectively) but how do we use

Any help desperately needed!!!!!

The second part goes:

--
1/4 = pi and degrees sign = gamma

This ¼o of Lorentz factor 5.54 is measured by a stationary observer to
decay into two
°-ray photons after 5:54 £ 10¡16 s. What proper lifetime does the
observer estimate
for the ¼o?
The observer sees the massless (i.e., E = p) °-ray photons travel in
directions that
are symmetrical about the ¼o direction of motion, as shown.

Apply conservation of energy and momentum in the laboratory frame
between the
¼o (E = 747:9 MeV and p = 735:6 MeV/c) and the °-ray photons to show
that the
angle µ as measured in the laboratory is 10:4±.
Now use the angle transformation from your lecture notes to ¯nd the
angle µ0 in the
rest frame of the ¼o of Lorentz factor 5.54, and comment on your
result.
--

what?

Androcles

Nov 10, 2007, 11:58:32 AM11/10/07

<xander...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

[...]

This źo of Lorentz factor 5.54 is measured by a stationary observer to
decay into two
°-ray photons after 5:54 Ł 10Ą16 s. What proper lifetime does the
observer estimate
for the źo?

The observer sees the massless (i.e., E = p) °-ray photons travel in
directions that

are symmetrical about the źo direction of motion, as shown.

Apply conservation of energy and momentum in the laboratory frame
between the

źo (E = 747:9 MeV and p = 735:6 MeV/c) and the °-ray photons to show
that the
angle ľ as measured in the laboratory is 10:4ą.
Now use the angle transformation from your lecture notes to Żnd the
angle ľ0 in the
rest frame of the źo of Lorentz factor 5.54, and comment on your
result.
--

what?

Are you paying fees for this garbage?

This is free, so it won't interest you.

Catch 22:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/figures/img22.gif
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/figures/img76.gif

Heller wrote: "There was only one catch and that was Catch 22, which
specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were
real and immediate was the process of a rational mind.
"Orr (a character in the novel) was crazy and could be grounded. All he had
to do was ask, and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would
have to fly more missions.

"Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he
was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have
to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to."

In Einstein's case if you use c+v you can derive c = (c+v)/(1+v/c) from
the cuckoo malformations he blamed on Lorentz. That says you can't
use c+v.

What troll kooks like Schwartz, Poe, McCullough, Roberts, Draper, Lawrence,
Andersen et. al. fail to realise is the existence of isomorphism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isomorphism
between Sagnac's real experiment and Einstein's hallucination experiment,
shown here:
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/TwoSpeedRack.gif
Einstein sends light along the rack and back again, the rack
moving at velocity v in his pipe dream.
Sagnac sends the light around the gear wheel for real.
If you analyse one you should get the same result as the other, but
you cannot use SR to derive SR, that is petitio principii, circularity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

c+v is essential to the derivation of the cuckoo malformations, the
part where Einstein screws up is:
'we establish by definition that the "time" required by
light to travel from A to B equals the "time" it requires
to travel from B to A' because I SAY SO. -- Rabbi Albert Einstein

http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Smart/tAB=tBA.gif

Here are some mathematical proofs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_proof

Not included are
Proof by "because I say so",
Proof by "everybody knows",
Proof by "it is written",
the three most popular forms used in sci.physics.relativity.

You'll often see this pathetic mob muttering "Lorentz Transformations"
but they haven't a clue how they are derived and faithfully follow their
indoctrination like lemmings.

Catch 22:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/figures/img22.gif
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/figures/img76.gif

Prediction:
The troll kooks will ignore it, they are too stooopid to understand a
proof.

xander...@googlemail.com

Nov 10, 2007, 12:25:29 PM11/10/07
Please don't be a cock all your life