Science knows only the odds. God knows the outcome

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2008, 5:22:53 PM12/11/08
About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.

He was no atheist in his science. And he is right.

MItch Raemsch

Allan Matthews

Dec 11, 2008, 5:36:57 PM12/11/08
In article <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b7e8
@k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, cusan...@gmail.com says...

> About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> He was no atheist in his science.

Um... Yes he was. I don't see any gods anywhere in any of his ideas.

> And he is right.

"Stop telling God what to do."
----- Niels Bohr, who was MORE right.

allan
--
allan_m...@bigfoot.com
"Did you make mankind after we made you?"

Igor

Dec 11, 2008, 6:53:31 PM12/11/08
On Dec 11, 5:36 pm, Allan Matthews <allan_matth...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> In article <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b7e8
> @k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, cusanic...@gmail.com says...

> > About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> > He was no atheist in his science.
>
> Um...  Yes he was.  I don't see any gods anywhere in any of his ideas.
>
> > And he is right.
>
> "Stop telling God what to do."
>           ----- Niels Bohr, who was MORE right.
>
> allan
> --
>        allan_matth...@bigfoot.com

> "Did you make mankind after we made you?"
>                 - from XTC's "Dear God"

And Bohr also once responded, "Not only does God play dice, sometimes
he throws the dice where even he can't see them."

platothelapdog

Dec 11, 2008, 7:53:34 PM12/11/08

God is in the minds of man.

Lord Vetinari

Dec 11, 2008, 8:32:03 PM12/11/08
<cusan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> He was no atheist in his science. And he is right.

You're pretty odd, alright. Those aren't rose-colored glasses, what the
fuck *are* they?

Richo

Dec 11, 2008, 8:53:02 PM12/11/08
On Dec 12, 9:22 am, cusanic...@gmail.com wrote:
> About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> He was no atheist

No one is perfect.
Still he was very clever and admirable in many ways.

Mark.

Douglas Berry

Dec 11, 2008, 10:21:49 PM12/11/08
On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:22:53 -0800 (PST) cusan...@gmail.com carved
the following into the hard stone of alt.atheism
>About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.

He later admitted he was wrong about QM.
--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a
stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as
good as dead: his eyes are closed." - Albert Einstein

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 12:24:15 AM12/12/08
On Dec 11, 2:36 pm, Allan Matthews <allan_matth...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> In article <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b7e8
> @k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, cusanic...@gmail.com says...

> > About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> > He was no atheist in his science.
>
> Um...  Yes he was.  I don't see any gods anywhere in any of his ideas.
>
> > And he is right.
>
> "Stop telling God what to do."
>           ----- Niels Bohr, who was MORE right.
>
> allan
> --
>        allan_matth...@bigfoot.com

> "Did you make mankind after we made you?"
>                 - from XTC's "Dear God"

Albert Einstein was completely right about Quantum Mechnics.

Mitch Raemsch

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 12:26:05 AM12/12/08
On Dec 11, 7:21 pm, Douglas Berry <penguin_...@mindOBVIOUSspring.com>
wrote:
> On  Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:22:53 -0800 (PST) cusanic...@gmail.com carved

What about his comic reliigious experience?

johac

Dec 12, 2008, 12:46:25 AM12/12/08
In article
cusan...@gmail.com wrote:

> About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> He was no atheist in his science. And he is right.

Einstein was at most a deist who did not believe in a personal god.

--
John #1782

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 1:55:20 AM12/12/08
On Dec 11, 9:46 pm, johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> In article
> <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b...@k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,

>  cusanic...@gmail.com wrote:
> > About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> > He was no atheist in his science. And he is right.
>
> Einstein was at most a deist who did not believe in a personal god.
>
> --
> John #1782

Near the end of his life he talked about believing in a Creator.

Mitch Raemsch

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Dec 12, 2008, 3:20:58 AM12/12/08
*zzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz*

Huh?!

Oh, just the same old same old...

*zzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz*

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

My personal judgment of monotheism:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

Robibnikoff

Dec 12, 2008, 5:07:16 AM12/12/08

<cusan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

So what? Doesn't mean one exists.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo
If you can't be a good example....
You'll just have to be a horrible warning.

Y.Porat

Dec 12, 2008, 5:45:45 AM12/12/08
> he throws the dice where even he can't see them."- Hide quoted text -

-----------------
surely it is YOU!!
who dont know
and pose and whant to turn his ignorace to glory!
little croock among some other crooks

Y.Porat
--------------------------

Robibnikoff

Dec 12, 2008, 6:47:30 AM12/12/08

"Y.Porat" <y.y....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Y.Porat
--------------------------

Too much doobage?

Benj

Dec 12, 2008, 12:03:55 PM12/12/08
On Dec 12, 1:55 am, cusanic...@gmail.com wrote:

> Near the end of his life he talked about believing in a Creator.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

There is no creator. There is no morality. There are no ethics. There
is no "good" and "evil". There is only man in the center of the
universe surrounded by things for him to use and destroy that were
created by pure chance. The story is called "evolution" and the
process of each being advancing by killing and stealing from his
fellow beings is called "natural selection". And that is all there is
to life. No guilt. No punishment. No remorse for acts. Just simple
animal survival until one day by chance it all ends forever. Any
other view is myth and fairy tales.

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 3:50:50 PM12/12/08
On Dec 12, 9:03 am, Benj <bjac...@iwaynet.net> wrote:
> On Dec 12, 1:55 am, cusanic...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Near the end of his life he talked about believing in a Creator.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> There is no creator. There is no morality. There are no ethics. There
> is no "good" and "evil".

Then why are people incarcerated? Why is there law if there is no
right and wrong?

Budikka666

Dec 12, 2008, 4:01:35 PM12/12/08

Einstein didn't accept quantum mechanics, dick head. That's *why* he
said no god plays dice with the universe. Go get an education and
then try posting something intelligent.

Budikka

Mike Painter

Dec 12, 2008, 4:47:12 PM12/12/08
cusan...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2:36 pm, Allan Matthews <allan_matth...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>> In article <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b7e8
>> @k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, cusanic...@gmail.com says...
>>
>>> About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>>
>>> He was no atheist in his science.

> Albert Einstein was completely right about Quantum Mechnics.

Yep.

Calvin was right. God made me write this and I'm one of the 144,000.
Sorry, but that's the way it is.

If God is Good, then God is honest and if he made me write this it must be
true.

(Who said that not only did this god play with dice but that he hid them?

JohnN

Dec 12, 2008, 5:06:47 PM12/12/08

Are you the guy with all our bases?

JohnN

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 5:43:04 PM12/12/08
On Dec 11, 2:36 pm, Allan Matthews <allan_matth...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> In article <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b7e8
> @k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, cusanic...@gmail.com says...

> > About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> > He was no atheist in his science.
>
> Um...  Yes he was.  I don't see any gods anywhere in any of his ideas.

He had only one God and he was impersonal Creator.

What about: God does not play dice?

What about: I want to know how God created the universe? All the rest
are details?

Mitch Raemsch

> > And he is right.
>
> "Stop telling God what to do."
>           ----- Niels Bohr, who was MORE right.
>
> allan
> --

>        allan_matth...@bigfoot.com

zzbu...@netscape.net

Dec 12, 2008, 6:17:07 PM12/12/08
On Dec 11, 5:36 pm, Allan Matthews <allan_matth...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> In article <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b7e8
> @k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>, cusanic...@gmail.com says...

> > About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> > He was no atheist in his science.
>
> Um...  Yes he was.  I don't see any gods anywhere in any of his ideas.
>
> > And he is right.
>
> "Stop telling God what to do."
>           ----- Niels Bohr, who was MORE right.

"Mass is a wave" - deBroglie
-- He was even righter for the Relativity cranks.

"Evolution only happens on Wednesdays"
-- Crick. He was even more. more righter, for ALL the science
Bozos.

> allan
> --
>        allan_matth...@bigfoot.com

Jim Austin

Dec 12, 2008, 7:27:28 PM12/12/08

If God knows the outcome, then the outcome is fixed. There can be no
alternative outcome. That means there is no free will and no moral
accountability.

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 9:53:53 PM12/12/08

You are free to choose good and you are free to choose evil. There is
a choiceless choice.

Yap

Dec 12, 2008, 10:05:56 PM12/12/08

Correct.
But no loon can come out of their bush to illustrate how their god did
anything.
It's a wish that Einstein did not get.

Yap

Dec 12, 2008, 10:09:56 PM12/12/08

Yes, as the same with all the god-believers, there was no god to save
him from passing through his life.

Yap

Dec 12, 2008, 10:14:26 PM12/12/08

Human behavior with inborn characters.....the greed, the urge, the
desire, the feeling, the sense, the anger, etc
The laws help to control the undesirable parts, if you know what I
mean.

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 10:29:36 PM12/12/08
> It's a wish that Einstein did not get.- Hide quoted text -

I can.

Smiler

Dec 12, 2008, 10:47:40 PM12/12/08

<cusan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

==================================
Where did he say that there is no right or wrong?

Smiler,
The godless one
a.a.# 2279

Mike Painter

Dec 12, 2008, 11:25:11 PM12/12/08

Same question if you do believe in absolutes as put down by your god.
There are no prisons in the bible.
Restitution, slavery, or death are your choices.

If you had a daugther and she came home and admittd she had ben raped on a
city sidewalk but did not cry out, would you help gather or throw the
stones?
The christian bible demands it.
Did she disobey you a lot?
Stone her.
Steal an apple?
Stone her.
Pick up a stick?
Stone her.

Alex W.

Dec 13, 2008, 3:46:32 AM12/13/08

If the outcome is known, then the outcome is predetermined.
If the outcome is predetermined, there is no choice.

It's like shooting craps with loaded dice -- you have no
choice because you will always throw a seven.

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2008, 5:29:43 PM12/13/08
> choice because you will always throw a seven.- Hide quoted text -

Einstein's universe is predetermined.

Mtch Raemsch

Smiler

Dec 13, 2008, 9:44:21 PM12/13/08

<cusan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I can.
=====================
Then do so.

johac

Dec 14, 2008, 1:18:55 AM12/14/08
In article
<30756863-f647-4a57...@a37g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,

That may take a long while.

--
John #1782

Roy Culley

Dec 14, 2008, 2:59:23 AM12/14/08

cusan...@gmail.com writes:

> About Quantum Mechanics Einstein said: God does not play dice.
>
> He was no atheist in his science. And he is right.
>
> MItch Raemsch

From a correspondence between Ensign Guy H. Raner and Albert Einstein
in 1945 and 1949. Einstein responds to the accusation that he was
converted by a Jesuit priest:
"I have never talked to a Jesuit prest in my life. I am astonished by
the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a
Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist." "I
have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is
a childlike one.You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the
crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly
due to a painful act of liberation from religious indoctrination
received in youth."

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious
convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not
believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have
expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called
religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the
world so far as our science can reveal it."
From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954. It is
included in Albert Einstein: The

cusan...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2008, 5:28:42 PM12/14/08
On Dec 13, 11:59 pm, r...@nodomain.none (Roy Culley) wrote:
> <edbd2c9b-5fcb-4918-a408-76b79706b...@k24g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,

"I want to know how God created this universe. All the rest are just
details."

Smiler

Dec 14, 2008, 11:23:36 PM12/14/08

<cusan...@gmail.com> wrote in message

So do I, but you cretinists never can tell us.