The Amazon rainforest exists in part due to an atmospheric pipeline of dust from the Sahara Desert

Sam Wormley

Feb 26, 2015, 10:45:33 AM2/26/15
The Amazon rainforest exists in part due to an atmospheric pipeline of
dust from the Sahara Desert.
> http://www.climatecentral.org/news/sahara-dust-amazon-rainforest-nasa-18708

> New research published on Tuesday in the journal Geophysical Research
> Letters uses satellite data to create the first three-dimensional
> look at how dust makes its way across the Atlantic. The findings
> provide researchers with another clue about how the fate of one of
> the wettest places on the planet is tied to that of one of the
> driest.
>
> Winds whipping across the desert and surrounding semi-arid areas kick
> dust high into the atmosphere for the start of a 6,000-mile trip to
> the Amazon basin every year. The new research uses recent satellite
> data covering the period from 2007 to 2013 to show just how massive
> the dust plume is.

A reminder of how interconnect everything is and how it has evolved
over the eons.

-Sam

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion
of physics, news from the physics community, and physics-related

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 26, 2015, 4:16:10 PM2/26/15
Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Amazon rainforest exists in part due to an atmospheric pipeline of
> dust from the Sahara Desert.

Popular Mexican Singer Ariel Camacho Dies in Car Crash

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/popular-mexican-singer-ariel-camacho-dies-car-crash-29244641

<snip>

> A reminder of how interconnect everything is and how it has evolved
> over the eons.

Avatar was not a real story, ass hat.

--
Jim Pennino

Sam Wormley

Feb 26, 2015, 4:26:02 PM2/26/15
On 2/26/15 3:13 PM, ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

> Popular Mexican Singer Ariel Camacho Dies in Car Crash
>
> Avatar was not a real story, ass hat.

Try to stay focused, jimp!

The Amazon rainforest exists in part due to an atmospheric pipeline
of dust from the Sahara Desert.
> http://www.climatecentral.org/news/sahara-dust-amazon-rainforest-nasa-18708

> New research published on Tuesday in the journal Geophysical Research
> Letters uses satellite data to create the first three-dimensional
> look at how dust makes its way across the Atlantic. The findings
> provide researchers with another clue about how the fate of one of
> the wettest places on the planet is tied to that of one of the
> driest.
>
> Winds whipping across the desert and surrounding semi-arid areas kick
> dust high into the atmosphere for the start of a 6,000-mile trip to
> the Amazon basin every year. The new research uses recent satellite
> data covering the period from 2007 to 2013 to show just how massive
> the dust plume is.

A reminder of how interconnect everything is and how it has evolved
over the eons.

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 26, 2015, 5:01:18 PM2/26/15
Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/26/15 3:13 PM, ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>>
>> Popular Mexican Singer Ariel Camacho Dies in Car Crash
>>
>> Avatar was not a real story, ass hat.
>>

> Try to stay focused, jimp!

On what, ass hat, your off topic cut and pastes?

Sperm whale rams fishing boat

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4078595299001/sperm-whale-rams-fishing-boat/?#sp=show-clips

<snip>

--
Jim Pennino

benj

Feb 26, 2015, 7:11:54 PM2/26/15
On 02/26/2015 04:25 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
> On 2/26/15 3:13 PM, ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
>>
>> Popular Mexican Singer Ariel Camacho Dies in Car Crash
>>
>> Avatar was not a real story, ass hat.
>>

> Try to stay focused, jimp!
>
> The Amazon rainforest exists in part due to an atmospheric pipeline
> of dust from the Sahara Desert.
>> http://www.climatecentral.org/news/sahara-dust-amazon-rainforest-nasa-18708
>>

> > New research published on Tuesday in the journal Geophysical Research
> > Letters uses satellite data to create the first three-dimensional
> > look at how dust makes its way across the Atlantic. The findings
> > provide researchers with another clue about how the fate of one of
> > the wettest places on the planet is tied to that of one of the
> > driest.
> >
> > Winds whipping across the desert and surrounding semi-arid areas kick
> > dust high into the atmosphere for the start of a 6,000-mile trip to
> > the Amazon basin every year. The new research uses recent satellite
> > data covering the period from 2007 to 2013 to show just how massive
> > the dust plume is.
>

> A reminder of how interconnect everything is and how it has evolved
> over the eons.
>
> -Sam

Sure sam. That's why all your rich pals behind the global warming scam
have been destroying rain forests for years. I guess they don't breath
oxygen like the rest of us.

And not only do they kill the trees, they BURN THEM! Dig, Sammy the
shammy: Not only do they no longer take CO2 from the air, but all that
STORED CO2 in the wood is then released into the air by burning! Lose-lose!

But there is not one peep out of you because you got a tax scam going
and could give a shit if the world is destroyed in the process. You are
really a pitiful excuse for a human being, Sammy!

--
___ ___ ___ ___
/\ \ /\ \ /\__\ /\ \

noTthaTguY

Feb 26, 2015, 10:04:37 PM2/26/15
re le chapeau de derriere,
"loess is a good example of windborne mineralization
from glaciers, although such deposits are quite thick

> \/__/ \/__/

john

Feb 26, 2015, 10:09:59 PM2/26/15
Rain forests being cut down to feed
SLAVE CATTLE for one season-
plastic in the ocean
DESTROYING the food chain-
people driving 2 hours to work and
back over road systems that
PRECLUDE all other forms of life
except for crows......
I forget, Sam, what was your beef, again?

Sam Wormley

Feb 26, 2015, 10:30:21 PM2/26/15
On 2/26/15 9:09 PM, john wrote:
> I forget, Sam, what was your beef, again?

I eat beef, but have cut back over the years. The original post was
about how dust from the Sahara in Africa blow to South America
nourishing the Amazon Rainforest.

The Amazon rainforest exists in part due to an atmospheric pipeline
of dust from the Sahara Desert.
> http://www.climatecentral.org/news/sahara-dust-amazon-rainforest-nasa-18708

> New research published on Tuesday in the journal Geophysical Research
> Letters uses satellite data to create the first three-dimensional
> look at how dust makes its way across the Atlantic. The findings
> provide researchers with another clue about how the fate of one of
> the wettest places on the planet is tied to that of one of the
> driest.
>
> Winds whipping across the desert and surrounding semi-arid areas kick
> dust high into the atmosphere for the start of a 6,000-mile trip to
> the Amazon basin every year. The new research uses recent satellite
> data covering the period from 2007 to 2013 to show just how massive
> the dust plume is.

A reminder of how interconnect everything is and how it has evolved
over the eons.

-Sam

john

Feb 26, 2015, 10:37:57 PM2/26/15
Yes, it's all interconnected- fine.
But the dust ain't gonna help
when Wendy's is cutting down all
the trees to graze SLAVE CATTLE.

Sam Wormley

Feb 26, 2015, 11:08:35 PM2/26/15
On 2/26/15 9:37 PM, john wrote:
> Yes, it's all interconnected- fine. But the dust ain't gonna help
> when Wendy's is cutting down all the trees to graze SLAVE CATTLE.

Tell Wendy's not to do that. Eat less meat.

noTthaTguY

Feb 27, 2015, 2:13:08 PM2/27/15
use gravelflour & compliment with biomass
;can be obtained from any deposit of loess, or
groud in Hamaker's "autogenous grinder from glacier gravel
(get crusher screenings from a cement plant e.g.

noTthaTguY

Feb 27, 2015, 2:40:50 PM2/27/15
this is mostly not fine enough, for the bacteria to be able
to eetch to the center, but, hey,
you're leaving some minerals for future generations

reber g=emc^2

Feb 28, 2015, 2:51:53 PM2/28/15
Sam I can see how bad it is here for you. You being a teacher should get some respect.I think its in your best interest to leave. These hate mongers will never change.I'm thinking of leaving after 22 years because they could hurt my company M&M. You must think about your teaching post first. TreBert

Sam Wormley

Feb 28, 2015, 3:01:16 PM2/28/15
Leave? Why? The jimp and I are going to find common ground and
become good friends. He's a decent guy.

benj

Feb 28, 2015, 3:58:43 PM2/28/15
SAM. Her is VERY Clever. He has no education but he is so clever he
should get at least FIVE Nobel prises! You can do no better than to
listen to his advice. You really don't need the AGW money Sam.

noTthaTguY

Feb 28, 2015, 6:13:11 PM2/28/15
on thing that I have found over teh past year, is that
the roadwear produces quite a lot of gravelflour
(that is to say, fertilizer

HVAC

Mar 1, 2015, 10:38:25 AM3/1/15
On 2/28/2015 2:51 PM, reber g=emc^2 wrote:

> Sam I can see how bad it is here for you. You being a teacher should get some respect.I think its in your best interest to leave. These hate mongers will never change.I'm thinking of leaving after 22 years because they could hurt my company M&M. You must think about your teaching post first. TreBert

Absolutely true! All scammers despise being caught.
Bert's latest scam involves these 'filters'. He has a grand total of
zero in stock and zero on back order. Yet he will accept your cash.

He's very clever.

And Bert, just know that I will do everything I can to destroy your
latest scheme. Best you just haul ass away from these groups.

Pronto!

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!

noTthaTguY

Mar 1, 2015, 6:52:55 PM3/1/15
if you do not believe in gravelflour,