Germany leading the way on Geothermals as the energy future #8 Correcting Physics

Archimedes Plutonium

Apr 12, 2014, 4:42:32 PM4/12/14
As I wrote previously, that all Obama needs to do to change from a C- president to a A+ president is show leadership in energy.

The world needs no Russia to send dirty fossil fuels to Europe while aggrandizing the Ukraine land.

The world needs no USA to pipe dirty Canadian oil shale to refine and send to Europe to make up for what Russia cuts in supply.

The world needs no Fracking industry to pollute the groundwater to increase gas supplies.

The world needs no bit of coal burned and dirty the air and increase the mercury in the air we breathe.

All the world needs is to convert to GEOTHERMAL.

Iceland already has it. Germany is beginning to have it with deep drilled caverns.

The USA, shame on them, has just one huge geothermal plant in California. What if every state of the 50 states had its one deep drilled geothermal, then the USA would be energy independent as well as providing clean healthy air to breathe.

So the actions by the USA are quite clear and simple,-- devote our energy policy to more Geothermal. Take away any incentives for oil, coal, gas and heap those benefits and incentives upon Geothermal.

Europe need not be pressured by Russia for its gas supplies, --- simply start making every European country a Geothermal energy country. Germany is leading the way

www.thinkgeoenergy.com/archives/15918

Update on German geothermal development provided by GtV

Germany talking about 59 new plants of geothermal with capacity of 132 MW from their present existing 22 plants of 223 MW.

So when Russia wants to annex Ukraine with cutting oil to Europe, let the Europeans say to Russia--
keep your dirty fossil fuels while we build geothermals.

--

Recently I re-opened the old newsgroup of 1990s and there one can read my recent posts without the hassle of mockers and hatemongers.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe
Archimedes Plutonium

john

Apr 12, 2014, 6:58:34 PM4/12/14
But wouldn't we then be in
danger of global cooling?

Archimedes Plutonium

Apr 13, 2014, 2:15:33 AM4/13/14
On Saturday, April 12, 2014 5:58:34 PM UTC-5, john wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 April 2014 14:42:32 UTC-6, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

(snipped)

> But wouldn't we then be in
>
> danger of global cooling?

Man made burning of fossil fuels contributes two harmful effects, increased temperature but few count in the increased health risks of all that air pollution and toxic chemicals in the air.

When we get all our energy from Sun and Earth interior-- geothermal, we eliminate both increased temperature and dirty air.

So whether the Earth cools or warms, fossil fuel continues to make life more miserable with all the dirt and toxic chemicals in the air. No wonder 1 in 60 children now have autism and I forgot the latest statistic of alzheimers frequency.

I was looking up to see how we can eliminate fossil fuel in airplanes, and there has been a hydrogen powered airplane built in 2004 that is doing well. And already we have electric cars on the roads-- Tesla, Volt.

So, once we get enough geothermal power plants we can have almost limitless electric energy and can build greenhouses for agriculture based on cheap electricity.

As for airplanes we can turn some geothermal plants such as the Hawaii geothermals into turning ocean water into hydrogen and oxygen fuels and running all airplanes on hydrogen.

So the future looks bright and clean, once we have geothermals going in a big way.

Now all we need is for governments and politicians to stack the deck in favor of geothermals and against the oil, coal, gas and fossil fuel industries which will try to stop the advance of geothermals.

Why drill for oil and bring up all that dirty fuel when we can drill for a geothermal cavern and run a electric power plant at the site.

AP

Archimedes Plutonium

Apr 14, 2014, 1:18:22 PM4/14/14
I am rather surprised that Philippines and Mexico are so advanced in geothermal power plants.

I still think the USA has the largest plant in California of The Geysers from 5 through 20 stations.

So, here in the USA, anyone can see the clean and safe and powerful and renewable energy of this California plant and quickly come to realize that we can duplicate that plant all across the nation and put oil, gas, coal, and all fossil fuels into the obsolete trash that they belong. We only need the Federal Government to give all incentives to Geothermal and absolutely no incentive or encouragement to fossil fuels.

I bet that Yellowstone geothermal plants could power the entire 48 states and that Hawaii geothermals could power all the hydrogen fuel from ocean water and batteries for the entire planet.

So, what is keeping us from having unlimited clean energy? It is education of knowing geothermal is our future energy and the oil and coal and gas companies trying to prevent the transition.

AP

Archimedes Plutonium

Apr 15, 2014, 4:49:08 PM4/15/14
Now Wikipedia has a good outline of the Geysers complex in California:

--- quoting from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Geysers

The Geysers is the world's largest geothermal field, containing a complex of 22 geothermal power plants, drawing steam from more than 350 wells, located in the Mayacamas Mountains approximately 72 miles (116 km) north of San Francisco, California.

Power plants at the Geysers are of the dry steam power plant type, where the steam directly powers the generator.[4] In general, the Geysers has 1517 MW[13] of active installed capacity with an average production factor of 63% (955 MW).[14]

--- end quote ---

Now, there is absolutely no reason that California can supply all its energy needs from just geothermals, giving all tax breaks and investment incentives to geothermal and none to oil, coal, gas and other fossil fuels. Starve the fossil fuels and heap all incentives on geothermals.

AP

Archimedes Plutonium

Apr 16, 2014, 1:24:39 AM4/16/14
Now the large Iceland geothermal plant is Hellisheidi Power Station in Iceland, the largest single plant geothermal with 303 MW of electricity. Well depth of 2,200 meters and 50 wells of flash steam.

It says that all of Iceland's major buildings are supplied with heat and hot water from geothermals alone.

Imagine if Yellowstone Park were allowed to be a Wilderness except for Geothermal plants and where we steadily increase the land size of Yellowstone so that we preserve the park as wilderness but also run geothermal plants, and where tourists can only visit with a special permit.

I reckon the geothermals of Yellowstone can supply all the electricity needs of the 48 states.

Then there are the Arkansas geothermals which could be a backup to the Yellowstone.

If only there was a wiring system to Hawaii, to harness that electricity.

The future looks bright, clear and clean with geothermal as the second energy source after the Sun. So with Earth geothermal and Sun energy, we have all the energy humanity needs into the far future. We make fossil fuels as obsolete as whale oil is obsolete. And a country that runs nuclear energy is a dumb and silly country that holds its nation at risk of contamination so that no-one can live in that country like a Fukushima or a Chernobyl. A country really has to be daft dumb and silly to run the risk of nuclear energy when almost every country can drill deep enough and tap into the Earth's geothermal energy.

AP

Spac...@hotmail.com

Apr 16, 2014, 11:44:12 PM4/16/14
Fossilized fuelS is just a tradename, not even a trademark
;it has no scientific meaning at all;
what is the sustainable rate of production of oil amd
natural gas

Spac...@hotmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 1:17:24 PM4/18/14
thank you, maharishi