NASA Could Be Sending A Submarine to Study Titan’s Methane Seas

Sam Wormley

Feb 26, 2015, 11:14:26 PM2/26/15

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion
of physics, news from the physics community, and physics-related

nitialt

Feb 27, 2015, 12:43:27 AM2/27/15
On 2/26/2015 10:14 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
> NASA Could Be Sending A Submarine to Study Titan’s Methane Seas
>> http://insideunmannedsystems.com/nasa-sending-submarine-study-titans-methane-seas/
>>

>> There is plenty for NASA scientists to explore on Titan, Saturn’s
>> largest moon, including lakes and seas made of liquid
>> hydrocarbons—making them much different from the lakes and seas we
>> know on Earth. And while NASA can’t really send people to explore
>> what’s below Titan’s methane seas, they can send an autonomous
>> submarine.
>>

>> This would not only enable researchers to learn about an
>> extraterrestrial sea, team lead and principal investigator Steve
>> Oleson said, it would also mark NASA’s first foray into in situ
>> nautical operations on other planets.

NASA could infect Titan with microbes from earth.
Like giving a liquid planet a shot in the arm, microbes would just eat
hydrocarbons, circulate in the oceans, and eat up the planet.

reber g=emc^2

Feb 28, 2015, 3:27:31 PM2/28/15
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 8:14:26 PM UTC-8, Sam Wormley wrote:
> NASA Could Be Sending A Submarine to Study Titan's Methane Seas
> > http://insideunmannedsystems.com/nasa-sending-submarine-study-titans-methane-seas/
>
> > There is plenty for NASA scientists to explore on Titan, Saturn's
> > largest moon, including lakes and seas made of liquid
> > hydrocarbons--making them much different from the lakes and seas we
> > know on Earth. And while NASA can't really send people to explore
> > what's below Titan's methane seas, they can send an autonomous
> > submarine.
> >
> > That's why NASA's COMPASS Conceptual Spacecraft Design Team is
> > working to design a submarine that would autonomously carry out
> > detailed scientific investigations under the surface of Kraken Mare,
> > Titan's largest northern sea.
> >
> > This would not only enable researchers to learn about an
> > extraterrestrial sea, team lead and principal investigator Steve
> > Oleson said, it would also mark NASA's first foray into in situ
> > nautical operations on other planets.
>
> --
>
> sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated to the discussion
> of physics, news from the physics community, and physics-related
> social issues.

Sam Best they use my barrel boat. #1 its cheap #2 it can ride on ice.GOP low wit NASA thinks these Moons have water. Fact is its ice all the way down.Pluto's Moon is a dust-ice moon.TreBert

benj

Feb 28, 2015, 4:04:24 PM2/28/15
Great idea Herb. #3 the barrel boat sinks just alike a submarine too!

--
___ ___ ___ ___
/\ \ /\ \ /\__\ /\ \

ji...@specsol.spam.sux.com

Feb 28, 2015, 5:46:08 PM2/28/15
benj <nob...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Great idea Herb. #3 the barrel boat sinks just alike a submarine too!

Especially if it is a plastic barrel boat launched in a sea of hydrocarbons.

--
Jim Pennino

HVAC

Mar 1, 2015, 10:42:45 AM3/1/15
On 2/28/2015 3:27 PM, reber g=emc^2 wrote:

> Sam Best they use my barrel boat. #1 its cheap #2 it can ride on ice.GOP low wit NASA thinks these Moons have water. Fact is its ice all the way down.Pluto's Moon is a dust-ice moon.TreBert

Bert is 100% correct. I mean if all these scientists would lie about our
planet warming, why wouldn't they lie about liquids on extraterrestrial
moons?

I see another Nobel in Bert's future!

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!