Online Vector Field Based Attracted DLA...

Chris M. Thomasson

Jun 17, 2017, 3:38:57 PM6/17/17
Fwiw, here is an online program I coded in JavaScript that shows the idea:

http://funwithfractals.atspace.cc/ct_fdla_pa_t0

It shoots random rays from a circle that interact with the DLA cluster
in the middle. In the "beginning", there is a single attracting point in
the center of the circle. Let it run until a message box pops up saying
"Anime Complete!"

It creates renderings like:

https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/YCJCaq7zjyw

Imvho, this is different than using random pixel walkers in a
"traditional" DLA simulation. Each point is an actual attracting agent
in the vector field itself. Imvho, its fairly interesting.

Any thoughts? Does the online program work for you?

Thanks everybody.

Sегgi о

Jun 17, 2017, 4:04:35 PM6/17/17
On 6/17/2017 2:38 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> Fwiw, here is an online program I coded in JavaScript that shows the idea:
>
> http://funwithfractals.atspace.cc/ct_fdla_pa_t0
>
> It shoots random rays from a circle that interact with the DLA cluster
> in the middle. In the "beginning", there is a single attracting point in
> the center of the circle. Let it run until a message box pops up saying
> "Anime Complete!"

excellent, very cool,
the attraction point(s) move outward in a direction and step size toward
an incomming ray the ray seems to bent do the attration points, then
another step,direction happenes ?

> It creates renderings like:
>
> https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/YCJCaq7zjyw
>
> Imvho, this is different than using random pixel walkers in a
> "traditional" DLA simulation. Each point is an actual attracting agent
> in the vector field itself. Imvho, its fairly interesting.
>
> Any thoughts? Does the online program work for you?
>
> Thanks everybody.

the program works great!

Sегgi о

Jun 17, 2017, 4:40:07 PM6/17/17
similar, leave on a tree growing in non-shaded places, bring the branch
out with it. different shapped leaves, different growth rates, etc

some attration points were shaded out by more advancing points, like top
of tree.

Chris M. Thomasson

Jun 17, 2017, 8:58:46 PM6/17/17
On 6/17/2017 1:39 PM, Sегgi о wrote:
> On 6/17/2017 3:04 PM, Sегgi о wrote:
>> On 6/17/2017 2:38 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>>> Fwiw, here is an online program I coded in JavaScript that shows the
>>> idea:
>>>
>>> http://funwithfractals.atspace.cc/ct_fdla_pa_t0
>>>
>>> It shoots random rays from a circle that interact with the DLA
>>> cluster in the middle. In the "beginning", there is a single
>>> attracting point in the center of the circle. Let it run until a
>>> message box pops up saying "Anime Complete!"
>>

>> excellent, very cool,
>> the attraction point(s) move outward in a direction and step size
>> toward an incomming ray the ray seems to bent do the attration points,
>> then another step,direction happenes ?
[...]
>> the program works great!
>>

> similar, leave on a tree growing in non-shaded places, bring the branch
> out with it. different shapped leaves, different growth rates, etc
>
> some attration points were shaded out by more advancing points, like top
> of tree.

This excellent observation is exactly correct Sегgi о. Each DLA hit
creates a new attractor in the vector field as a whole. These tend to be
on the outer rim, so to speak. So, the probability that they receive
more hits that the previous, internal attractors is much higher. Imvvho,
it really does seem to have a sort of "natural" feel about it. Now, I
have not touched the crude code in a while. I am thinking of adding
color to the rays during each step of the animation. Lets say, the color
of a ray changes as it approaches its final resting place, an attracting
agent. Perhaps, lets say the color gets "hotter" as the rays get closer
and closer to an attractor. It might make a better, and more informative
graph of the overall field.

Any advise?

Btw, thank you so much for giving it a go, and running the program: I
really do appreciate it Sегgi о.

Thank you! :^)

Chris M. Thomasson

Jun 17, 2017, 9:06:51 PM6/17/17
On 6/17/2017 1:04 PM, Sегgi о wrote:
> On 6/17/2017 2:38 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> Fwiw, here is an online program I coded in JavaScript that shows the
>> idea:
>>
>> http://funwithfractals.atspace.cc/ct_fdla_pa_t0
>>
>> It shoots random rays from a circle that interact with the DLA cluster
>> in the middle. In the "beginning", there is a single attracting point
>> in the center of the circle. Let it run until a message box pops up
>> saying "Anime Complete!"
>

> excellent, very cool,
> the attraction point(s) move outward in a direction and step size toward
> an incomming ray the ray seems to bent do the attration points, then
> another step,direction happenes ?

I draw a yellow line when a ray hits an attractor. The line is drawn
from the attractor, to the origin of the final step of the ray that hits
it. After a hit is detected, a new attractor is added to the field.

The dynamically "growing" DLA cluster is very interesting to me, and,
imho, looks like DLA created from other means, like "blind" random
walks. Imvho, my field line method is just, more to the point, so to
speak... ;^)

>> It creates renderings like:
>>
>> https://plus.google.com/101799841244447089430/posts/YCJCaq7zjyw
>>
>> Imvho, this is different than using random pixel walkers in a
>> "traditional" DLA simulation. Each point is an actual attracting agent
>> in the vector field itself. Imvho, its fairly interesting.
>>
>> Any thoughts? Does the online program work for you?
>>
>> Thanks everybody.
>
> the program works great!

I am glad its working for you Sегgi о. :^)

Imvvho, the results resemble lightning, river beds, veins, and other
natural objects. Humm...

benj

Jun 17, 2017, 10:38:54 PM6/17/17
Hey, what can we say? As John will tell you it's a FRACTAL universe!

Chris M. Thomasson

Jun 18, 2017, 4:41:28 PM6/18/17
On 6/17/2017 7:38 PM, benj wrote:
> On 6/17/2017 9:06 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> On 6/17/2017 1:04 PM, Sегgi о wrote:
>>> On 6/17/2017 2:38 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
[...]
>> Imvvho, the results resemble lightning, river beds, veins, and other
>> natural objects. Humm...
>
> Hey, what can we say? As John will tell you it's a FRACTAL universe!

Well, imvvvvho, it does seem fractal to me up to a point. Lets call that
point the atomic nature of things in the sense that we cannot zoom in
forever? Perhaps, we can call the universe a sort of "limited" fractal
entity?

Perhaps Plank scale is the limit. However, what about zooming in on
quantum foam? Sorry if I am going of into the land of total MoronVille
here benj.

Yikes! ;^o

Chris M. Thomasson

Jun 19, 2017, 4:12:45 PM6/19/17
I am thinking of a way to speed up the process along with the animation.
What if the main circle that the random rays are cast from start off at
a small radius around the single "seed" attractor? The distance that the
rays have to travel would be radically decreased. As soon as the code
notices that random rays have to travel a very short distance, relative
to the radius of the circle, to hit there attractor's, it would simply
increase the size of the circle and repeat the process of growing the
main DLA cluster?

Hummm... It would basically have to work wrt making the process faster.