Proton orbits electron

Alan Folmsbee

Jul 28, 2016, 6:05:35 PM7/28/16
In the old school, students were sometimes told that electrons orbit protons, but consider the opposite. The orbital angular momentum relative to the electron is offered as a more accurate perspective on reality. A linear momentum (p) is directed into each proton and neutron. That is multiplied by the atomic radius (a) and by a constant (K) to get h, Planck's angular momentum.

h = paK

Where K is a dimensionless constant of :

K = 4 pi mk/Gq

Where m is proton mass, k is Coulomb's const, G is Newton’s const, q is proton charge. This shows that electron orbital angular momentum is from gravity's momentum. That radial linear momentum for each baryon is p

p = 7*10^-37 meter^3/second

Conclusion: Imagine the electron is a star and a proton is its planet, its universe, providing all the momentum the star will ever need. It is a stationary flow, electron to proton and back again: momentum is conserved, from gravity to electromagnetism.

Poutnik

Jul 29, 2016, 1:28:34 AM7/29/16
Dne 29/07/2016 v 00:05 Alan Folmsbee napsal(a):
> In the old school, students were sometimes told that electrons orbit protons, but consider the opposite. The orbital angular momentum relative to the electron is offered as a more accurate perspective on reality.

Join a big 6 kg stone by a rope with a small 3 g stone.
Throw them far, rotating with stressed rope
like South America bola for catching animals.

You say it will visually look,
like if the big one orbits the small one, correct ? :-)

The orbiting centre in both cases
is the barycentre of the both objects.

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )
Knowledge makes great men humble, but small men arrogant.

Odd Bodkin

Jul 29, 2016, 10:06:30 AM7/29/16
On 7/28/2016 5:05 PM, Alan Folmsbee wrote:
> In the old school, students were sometimes told that electrons orbit protons, but
> consider the opposite. The orbital angular momentum relative to the electron is
> offered as a more accurate perspective on reality. A linear momentum (p) is directed
> into each proton and neutron. That is multiplied by the atomic radius (a) and by a
> constant (K) to get h, Planck's angular momentum.

> Conclusion: Imagine the electron is a star and a proton is its planet, its universe,
> providing all the momentum the star will ever need. It is a stationary flow, electron
> to proton and back again: momentum is conserved, from gravity to electromagnetism.

Alan, the proton is about 1800 times more massive than the electron.

Like all attracting pairs, the two bodies actually orbit each other, but
the one that is more massive is the one that displaces the least. Do you
understand why?
This is why the earth goes around the sun more than the sun goes around
the earth, and also why the electron goes around the proton more than
the proton goes around the electron.

I'm really having a hard time understanding why you play this way to
generate complete nonsense. Can you account for why you do this?

--
Odd Bodkin --- maker of fine toys, tools, tables

Alan Folmsbee

Jul 29, 2016, 11:55:47 AM7/29/16
OB wrote, "the electron goes around the proton more than
> the proton goes around the electron."

The angular momentum of the atom is not from a planetary system of a massive center holding a light weight electron in a circular orbit. The angular momentum of an atom has a stationary flow. The flow of gravity goes into the proton to form the linear momentum that stationary flow is used to calculate the angular momentum with an axis that is at a distance from the linear momentum. The distance is the atomic radius. Using the electron as the origin for relative measurements, the proton is part of the atomic orbital. This unconventional perspective is an advance in science.

Atoms are not moving like planetary sytems. When I say a proton orbits an electron, that is a stationary orbital. A probability is given by old science for the electron's position. Advances in science can change the probability representation to an articulated dimensional model.

noTthaTguY

Jul 29, 2016, 12:07:30 PM7/29/16
that is just shy of gibberish, or gibberalism;
I'm sure that gravity is just an effect in hte plasma cosmology
of Alfven et al

Odd Bodkin

Jul 29, 2016, 12:14:57 PM7/29/16
On 7/29/2016 10:55 AM, Alan Folmsbee wrote:
> The angular momentum of the atom is not from a planetary system of a massive
> center holding a light weight electron in a circular orbit. The angular momentum
> of an atom has a stationary flow. The flow of gravity goes into the proton to form
> the linear momentum that stationary flow is used to calculate the angular momentum
> with an axis that is at a distance from the linear momentum. The distance is the
> atomic radius. Using the electron as the origin for relative measurements, the proton
> is part of the atomic orbital. This unconventional perspective is an advance in science.
>
> Atoms are not moving like planetary sytems. When I say a proton orbits an electron,
> that is a stationary orbital. A probability is given by old science for the electron's
> position. Advances in science can change the probability representation to an articulated
> dimensional model.

While it is true that electrons do not orbit the proton in the same
classical way that planets orbit the sun, when you go into the quantum
mechanical treatment, you find that the barycenter still does play the
same equivalent role in the quantum case as it does in the classical
case. That is, the reason why the proton does not move much is because
it is much more massive than the electron -- even quantum mechanically.

The rest of your words are just gibberish, unfortunately, and I'm
frankly wondering why you think it is a smart thing to do to put
together a string of gibberish like "the flow of gravity goes into the
proton to form the linear momentum" and put it out there in public. Do
you really think that the people where you're posting this will read it
and have no idea whether what you're saying makes sense or not? Do you
really think that composing sentences that SOUND like physics will be
taken by readers to BE physics?

brandon...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 3:20:45 PM7/29/16
see Sommerville;
they are essentially classically orbiting the nucleus at one focus
for each of the electrons (or,
each pair of electrons?