Speed, Velocity, And Acceleration in the Divergent Matter model

kefischer

Jul 28, 2015, 4:54:32 PM7/28/15

Speed, Velocity, And Acceleration

in the Divergent Matter model

Additions to the Newtonian terms are required
in the model.

The Newtonian terms, outlined and defined in;

http://www.edinformatics.com/math_science/acceleration.htm

exist in the model unchanged. And for speed;

In Newtonian physics;

:"Speed is the rate of motion, or the rate of change of position.
:It is expressed as distance moved (d) per unit of time(t).
:Speed is a scalar quantity with dimensions distance/time."
[unquote]

In the Divergent Matter model, distance is
a time-wise arbitrary dimension, only capable of
being specified in terms of the length of a material
object, "space" has NO attributes as far as gravity
is concerned.

Since objects can move "in" space, and in
the model, matter and the time interval are
constantly lengthening due to the expansion
of matter, speed can "appear" to be constant
to some precision, but the moving object can
travel a greater "distance" in the same (longer)
time period.

This gives "space" the appearance of a
variable distance attribute, and being the units
of measure are increasing with the passage of
time in unison with the expansion of matter,
both distance and speed (at low velocities)
will be measured as unvarying and constant
within reasonable measuring accuracy) even
though greater distance in space is covered
in each (longer) second (measured in unit size
for a reference distance established at the very
instant the math calculation commences.

So speed is always measured as being
unchanging at low speeds, but objects moving
at higher speeds might be "observed" to cover
greater and inordinate distances.

Any reference to the additional speed quality
might be called "Scaling Speed" vs the Newtonian
speed that appears constant.

Since speed is strictly a "forward" motion
term, the "Scaling Speed" term is the only one
that needs added.

And for velocity;

:"Velocity contains both the magnitude and direction components."
[unquote]

And in the Divergent Matter model,
velocity has the same (underlying) increased
distance covered "forward" quality as speed
(due to the increasing length of the time interval
as time passes)
"Apparent Velocity" (an additional term)
can also be affected by both the increasing
length of the time interval and the increasing
length of the meterstick as time passes.
The forward (or longitudal) (apparent) velocity
may appear to be just as speed (varying with the
vector _relative_to_ the direction toward the
center of mass of massive nearby objects),
at greater distance, and may "appear" to vary
at distances closer to very massive bodies,
but the curving or lateral (transverse, sideways)
aspect of velocity will also be affected by the
lengthening meterstick in addition to the
lengthening time interval.
And separate terms are needed for
"Approaching Velocity" and "Receding Velocity"
of motion relative to very massive bodies, as
the lengthening meterstick has a major
"observation" bias in those cases.
It may only be the component of velocity
that is tangent to massive bodies that causes
the "Approaching Velocity" and "Receding Velocity"
variation terminology requirement.

And acceleration:

:"Acceleration, (symbol: a) is defined as the rate of change of velocity.
:It is thus a vector quantity with dimension length/time².
:In SI units, acceleration is measured in meters/second²."
[unquote]

In Newtonian physics, there may not
be much need (in many/most cases) for
more than one term for acceleration, and
in GR, there is more of a need for both the
terms "Proper Acceleration" and "Coordinate
Acceleration".

In the Divergent Matter model, there is
better defined terminology for the "Proper
Acceleration", as it is the "real" acceleration
that can be felt and what accelerometers read.

The cases where there is "apparent"
changing velocity (such as orbits and freefall)
is mostly covered in the definitions of velocity.

(I am not satisfied with the completeness of
these definitions, maybe an ignorant raving
crackpot could do a better job of defining
them, I am just a slow learning, lazy, old man).

wobbly

Jul 28, 2015, 5:05:59 PM7/28/15
kefischer wrote:

> Speed, Velocity, And Acceleration in the Divergent Matter model
>
> In the Divergent Matter model, distance is
> a time-wise arbitrary dimension, only capable of being specified in
> terms of the length of a material object, "space" has NO attributes as
> far as gravity is concerned.

This crap can't be a speed nor a velocity. What part of "the derivative of
position wrt time" you don't understand. You need to change a position,
without which you have no motion. Capisce?

[snip nonsense]