How Did God Create The Universe?

The Starmaker

Jan 12, 2016, 11:10:12 AM1/12/16
Report not abuse
How Did God Create The Universe?

This is a question everybody seems to
want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?

They want to know what materials He used.
They want to know did He used computers?
They want to know did He used machines to
create the earth and the universe?
They want to know exactly what process He used
to create the earth and everything in it, including
the whole entire universe!

They want to know...
How Did God Create The Universe?

They want to know...
How Did He Create The Universe?

They want you to explain it all how He did it.

To be continued...

Sam Wormley

Jan 12, 2016, 11:17:44 AM1/12/16
Report not abuse
On 1/12/16 10:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> How Did God Create The Universe?

Nope -- the concept of god is an invention of man.

--

sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
to the discussion of physics, news from the physics

Helmut Wabnig

Jan 12, 2016, 11:36:03 AM1/12/16
No, the end is reached.

See, if GAWD can create, then we can.

That GAWD creates ex nihilo, is theological,
that we also could create ex nihilo is logical,
if we only knew the recipe.

Therefore the question HOW DOES CREATION WORK?
is justified and has to be put forward to the creationist creatures.

Creationists are stupid. Kick their asses.

w.

Christopher A. Lee

Jan 12, 2016, 11:37:39 AM1/12/16
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 10:17:41 -0600, Sam Wormley <swor...@gmail.com>
wrote:
None of the three groups the troll cross-posted to, are to discuss the
god of any religion.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 12, 2016, 11:43:04 AM1/12/16
Report not abuse
On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 9:10:12 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:

> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> This is a question everybody seems to want to know...
> How Did God Create The Universe?

See:

http://www.physics.princeton.edu/~steinh/vaasrev.pdf

> They want to know what materials He used.

Energy, of course: m = E/c^2

> They want to know did He used computers?
> They want to know did He used machines to
> create the earth and the universe?

Yeah, it's called terraforming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming

> They want to know exactly what process He used
> to create the earth and everything in it, including
> the whole entire universe!
>
> They want to know...
> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> They want to know...
> How Did He Create The Universe?
>
> They want you to explain it all how He did it.

See above links. It's all there for anyone not too lazy
to think.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 12, 2016, 11:44:37 AM1/12/16
Report not abuse
On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 9:17:44 AM UTC-7, Sam Wormley wrote:

> On 1/12/16 10:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> >
> > How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> Nope -- the concept of god is an invention of man.

Nope, God is an emergent property of the universe.

Dorothy J Heydt

Jan 12, 2016, 12:30:05 PM1/12/16
By a Word.

Next?

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

walkslaone

Jan 12, 2016, 1:25:04 PM1/12/16
Dorothy J Heydt wrote:

> By a Word.

Not really, Bumba [who wants no worship], lost his lunch. AKA threw up.

> Next?

Are you sure you are old enough to expect an answer?

walksalone, who is rather bored for now. But exciting times are
enroute, according to my bladder. Well, at least as exciting as what I
responded to.

"There is no contradiction in Nature - only contradiction in what
we know of it."

Dana Scully, character on the TV program "X-files"

duke

Jan 12, 2016, 1:31:13 PM1/12/16
Report not abuse
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 08:10:11 -0800, The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>How Did God Create The Universe?
>
>This is a question everybody seems to
>want to know...
>How Did God Create The Universe?

He willed it into existence as an infinitely small point of mass/energy of
infinite density..

>They want to know what materials He used.
>They want to know did He used computers?
>They want to know did He used machines to
>create the earth and the universe?
>They want to know exactly what process He used
>to create the earth and everything in it, including
>the whole entire universe!
>
>They want to know...
>How Did God Create The Universe?
>
>They want to know...
>How Did He Create The Universe?
>
>They want you to explain it all how He did it.
>

>To be continued...

the dukester, American-American

*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

Dan Tilque

Jan 13, 2016, 7:29:22 AM1/13/16
The Starmaker wrote:

> This is a question everybody seems to
> want to know...

I don't, so obviously this is not a true statement.

> How Did God Create The Universe?

Objection! Question assumes facts not in evidence.

--
Dan Tilque

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 7:33:59 AM1/13/16
Report not abuse
On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 9:10:12 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> This is a question everybody seems to
> want to know...
> How Did God Create The Universe?

Which God? Oh your God. That one doesn't exist any more than any of the others. Your "question" contains a false statement.

Dan Tilque

Jan 13, 2016, 8:00:57 AM1/13/16
Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> By a Word.

"'In the beginning was the word,' said a dry voice right behind him. 'It
was the Egg,' corrected another voice. [...] '[...] I'm sure it was the
primordial slime.' [...] 'No, that came afterwards. There was firmament
first.' [...] 'You're all wrong. In the beginning was the Clearing of
the Throat--'"

Eric -- Terry Pratchett

--
Dan Tilque

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 8:22:51 AM1/13/16
Report not abuse
The problem I see is that everyone is making assumptions about what God
is and what He can do. Clarke's third law states, "Any sufficiently
advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" so what would be
our response to the appearance of a REALLY advanced technology, one that
is a billion years ahead of us? We have lots of speculations about
civilizations that are a few centuries ahead of us, but that is much less
likely than there being really, really old ones. We are Johnnie-come-
lately even in our own galaxy, which has existed for twice as long as
our little solar system.

So the answer to your question is, THAT "God."

Gary

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 9:45:36 AM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 6:22:51 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 5:33:59 AM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:
> >
> > On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 9:10:12 AM UTC-7, The Starmaker wrote:
> > >
> > > How Did God Create The Universe?
> > >
> > > This is a question everybody seems to
> > > want to know...
> > > How Did God Create The Universe?
> >
> > Which God? Oh your God. That one doesn't exist any more than any of
> > the others. Your "question" contains a false statement.
>
> The problem I see is that everyone is making assumptions about what God
> is and what He can do....

> So the answer to your question is, THAT "God."
>
> Gary

Nope, yours doesn't either. The wrong assumption you are making is that absolutely ludicrous and insane proposition that Gods exist, or even worse that one and only one does. This sort of thing is is why we call you the idiot masses.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 10:08:42 AM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 7:45:36 AM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 6:22:51 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 5:33:59 AM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:
> > >
> > > Which God? Oh your God. That one doesn't exist any more than any of
> > > the others. Your "question" contains a false statement.
> >
> > The problem I see is that everyone is making assumptions about what God
> > is and what He can do....
>
> > So the answer to your question is, THAT "God."
> >
> > Gary
>
> Nope, yours doesn't either.

Thanks for deleting my whole argument and then making a nebulous claim.

> The wrong assumption you are making is that absolutely ludicrous and
> insane proposition that Gods exist,

I was making the assumption that civilizations exist that are millions
of years more advanced than we are. To deny THAT assumption is insane.

> or even worse that one and only one does.

I didn't make that claim, now did I, insane one.

> This sort of thing is is why we call you the idiot masses.

Your behavior brands you as the real idiot here, and one with vaunting
arrogance. To believe that we are alone in the universe is ludicrous,
and to believe that other civilizations are at our level or close to it
is insane. And to label those who accept rational thinking as idiots
is ad hominem maliciousness.

Gary

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 11:43:28 AM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 8:08:42 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> > Nope, yours doesn't either.

> Thanks for deleting my whole argument and then making a nebulous claim.
>
> > The wrong assumption you are making is that absolutely ludicrous and
> > insane proposition that Gods exist,or even worse that one and only one does.
>
> I didn't make that claim, now did I, insane one.

Whats so hard for you to understand about yours doesn't exist any more than any of the others? Yep, idiot masses. And yes you did make that claim otherwise you wouldn't be arguing against my reaction to the insane claim that one of the Gods made the universe. Oh wait, even more insane, that there would be only one.

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 11:49:09 AM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 8:08:42 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

Oh and by the way, what little we have figured out about the universe shows us that Gods can't exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQvf3-mQoY
and no yours doesn't any more than any of the others.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 12:52:54 PM1/13/16
Report not abuse
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 9:43:28 AM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> Whats so hard for you to understand about yours doesn't exist any more
> than any of the others?

First of all, the "God" I describe is not mine. What is it about a very
advanced civilization that your arrogance can't wrap your tiny brain
around?

> Yep, idiot masses. And yes you did make that claim otherwise you
> wouldn't be arguing against my reaction to the insane claim that one
> of the Gods made the universe.

I made NONE of those claims that you pulled out of your read-only-memory
brain.

> Oh wait, even more insane, that there would be only one.

Once again you refuse to understand what I wrote. What is it about an
"advanced civilization" that makes you nonsensically believe I'm talking
about only one?

> Oh and by the way, what little we have figured out about the universe
> shows us that Gods can't exist

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQvf3-mQoY

Yes, I'm well aware of your argument concerning QM, although your meandering
explanation with weird head wobbles and pot-induced drowsy tone is quite
unfortunate.

What you have done is put up a straw man which in no way conforms with
what I described. God's "omniscience" is typical of many religions, but
what in the world makes you believe that a very advanced civilization
would have that characteristic?

And, BTW, the Judeo-Christian God is an emergent property of the universe
as demonstrated by their own scriptures. Present day Judaism and
Christianity "often" (as you say) agrees with your definition, but what
in the world makes you believe that "often" means "always"?

I had some conversations (many years ago) with a self-described atheist
who claimed that only one who has studied the subject extensively could
claim that title. IMHO, those who assert there is no God have not done
their homework. Physics has added much to our knowledge in the last
half century. BTW, I have an MS in physics, too, and I have continued
to study astrophysics, cosmology, relativity and QM. Again, IMHO, you
have put God in a box and have arrogantly refused to look outside of
the box.

> and no yours doesn't any more than any of the others.

"When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know.
But if you listen, you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

"There may be millions of inhabited worlds circling other suns, harboring
beings who to us would seem godlike, with civilizations and cultures
beyond our wildest dreams." -- Arthur C. Clarke

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain, and most fools do."
-- Benjamin Franklin

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 1:03:29 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 10:52:54 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> > than any of the others?
>
> First of all, the "God" I describe is not mine.

Liar.

> I made NONE of those claims that you pulled out of your read-only-memory
> brain.

Liar.

> Yes, I'm well aware of your argument concerning QM, although your meandering
> explanation with weird head wobbles and pot-induced drowsy tone is quite
> unfortunate.

Multiple liar. Since I have never done an illegal drug in my life especially, you should apologize now and bow out. Liable is illegal by the way.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 1:19:05 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:03:29 AM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 10:52:54 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
>
> > > than any of the others?
> >
> > First of all, the "God" I describe is not mine.
>
> Liar.
>
> > I made NONE of those claims that you pulled out of your read-only-memory
> > brain.
>
> Liar.
>
> > Yes, I'm well aware of your argument concerning QM, although your meandering
> > explanation with weird head wobbles and pot-induced drowsy tone is quite
> > unfortunate.
>
> Multiple liar. Since I have never done an illegal drug in my life

Then you must have a mental problem.

> especially, you should apologize now and bow out.

Not until YOU apologize for calling me a liar, which demonstrates that
you are arrogant and have problems understanding what you read. When
you read certain phrases you jump to unwarranted conclusions.

> Liable is illegal by the way.

What? Being accountable is illegal? Did you mean libel? -)

If so, then YOU are wrong. I merely expressed my opinion. So now you
are against free speech?

What you are doing is attempting to hamper the free exchange of information.
Apparently, you are threatened when anyone expresses a view that contradicts
your narrow-minded opinion. That's too bad.

"Discussion is always better than argument, because argument is to
find WHO is right and discussion is to find WHAT is right." - Anon.

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 1:35:20 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:19:05 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> > Multiple liar. Since I have never done an illegal drug in my life
>
> Then you must have a mental problem.

So you don't have a valid argument and continue with false accusations. You already lost idiot.

> > especially, you should apologize now and bow out.
>
> Not until YOU apologize for calling me a liar,

why? You lied about me being on pot. Never done it nor any illegal drug in my life. Your false accusations in the place of a rational argument already lost you the argument.

> So now you
> are against free speech?

Your libel isn't covered under free speech. Its illegal criminal scumbag.

Maciej Woźniak

Jan 13, 2016, 1:46:11 PM1/13/16

Użytkownik "Gary Harnagel" napisał w wiadomości grup

|"Discussion is always better than argument, because argument is to
|find WHO is right and discussion is to find WHAT is right." - Anon.

Well, that means discussion is a sure waste of time, as everybody
knows, that The Shit is right.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 1:51:59 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:35:20 AM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:19:05 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> >
> > > Multiple liar. Since I have never done an illegal drug in my life
> >
> > Then you must have a mental problem.
>
> So you don't have a valid argument and continue with false accusations.

Just my opinion from observing your behavior.

> You already lost idiot.

So you continue with your defamatory baloney.

> > > especially, you should apologize now and bow out.
> >
> > Not until YOU apologize for calling me a liar,
>
> why? You lied about me being on pot.

You see? You DO have a mental problem. I only expressed an opinion based
on your behavior.

> Never done it nor any illegal drug in my life. Your false accusations
> in the place of a rational argument already lost you the argument.

YOU are the one that brought this down from a discussion to personal
attacks. Your very first response to my DISCUSSION was to call me an
idiot:

"Nope, yours doesn't either. The wrong assumption you are making is that
absolutely ludicrous and insane proposition that Gods exist, or even
worse that one and only one does. This sort of thing is is why we call
you the idiot masses."

Your behavior was reprehensible right from the first. Even more so when
you stalked me on another thread.

> > So now you are against free speech?
>
> Your libel isn't covered under free speech. Its illegal criminal scumbag.

Oh wow! You must have OCD to continue this false diatribe. Is that
your mental problem? I suggest you take a few deep breaths and use
your brain instead of venting on innocent folk.

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 2:08:44 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:51:59 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> Oh wow! You must have OCD ...

So first you accuse me of pot use then something mental, now ocd all because you lost the argument with your utterly idiotic insane proposition that Gods exist. And you wonder why we call you the idiot masses?

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 2:25:17 PM1/13/16
And you wonder why I try to explain your bizarre behavior? It IS
bizarre, you know.

So let's talk about the real subject here which you have never addressed,
preferring to denigrate rather than discuss.

Do you claim it is not possible for other civilizations to exist in our
galaxy?

Do you claim that none could be more advanced than we are?

Do you claim that no civilization can be millions of years more
advanced than we are in a galaxy twice as old as our planet is?

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 2:31:14 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:25:17 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> And you wonder why I try to explain your bizarre behavior? ...

So you continue on with how my behavior is bizarre since you don't have any argument against my pro science position. As such, you lost the argument. Your Gods don't exist any more than any of the others. Get over it.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 2:40:36 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:31:14 PM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:25:17 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> >
> > And you wonder why I try to explain your bizarre behavior? ...
>
> So you continue on with how my behavior is bizarre since you don't have
> any argument against my pro science position.

Your "pro-science" position is based on a straw man argument that does
not apply in any way to my thesis.

> As such, you lost the argument. Your Gods don't exist any more than any
> of the others. Get over it.

You are acting like a compulsive fool, and you haven't answered any of
the three questions I asked. So YOU are the one that lost the argument
because you REFUSE to take them on. Why is that? Are you afraid it
will tear your assertions to shreds?

Tom McDonald

Jan 13, 2016, 2:53:42 PM1/13/16
Ah, Sir Pterry. He is sadly missed. Thankfully he wrote a bunch of
brilliant stuff we'll be quoting for ages.

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 2:55:11 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:40:36 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> You are acting like a compulsive ...

So I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that Gods exist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQvf3-mQoY
And your response is a libel accusation of pot use, then mental problems then ocd and now compulsive...
So you lost the argument in total. Get over it. Yes, we see now why idiot masses is the correct term for you.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 2:58:58 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:55:11 PM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:40:36 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> >
> > You are acting like a compulsive ...
>
> So I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that Gods exist

You are either delusional or a liar.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQvf3-mQoY
> And your response is a libel accusation of pot use, then mental problems
> then ocd and now compulsive...
> So you lost the argument in total. Get over it. Yes, we see now why
> idiot masses is the correct term for you.

So you compulsively refuse to answer the questions. Are you autistic, too?

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 3:07:30 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:58:58 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> autistic, too?...

So I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that Gods exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQvf3-mQoY
And your response is a libel accusation of pot use, then mental problems then ocd then compulsive, then autistic...

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 3:28:23 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 1:07:30 PM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 12:58:58 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
>
> > autistic, too?...
>
> So I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that Gods exist
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWQvf3-mQoY

You are regurgitating your refuted assertion. Why are you being so
dishonestly belligerent?

> And your response is a libel accusation of pot use, then mental problems
> then ocd then compulsive, then autistic...

Opinions are not libel, regurgitating dishonest one.

> So you lost the argument in total. Get over it. Yes, we see now why idiot
> masses is the correct term for you.

We? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? :-) You LOST the argument long
ago when YOU went on the attack with ad hominem baloney. THAT is how
dishonest folk approach a discussion. And you continue to hurl insults
and denigrations. That makes you no better than the many kooks that
infest this group. You appear to be basically dishonest because of
your refusal to answer my three questions. Now why would that be? Is it
because they demolish your whole house of cards?

Here they are in case your mental problems have caused you to forget them:

Do you claim it is not possible for other civilizations to exist in our
galaxy?

Do you claim that none could be more advanced than we are?

Do you claim that no civilization can be millions of years more
advanced than we are in a galaxy twice as old as our planet is?

What's the matter? Afraid to engage in a rational discussion. With
every post, it becomes clearer that your assertion is a house of cards.

Put up or shut up.

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 4:03:45 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 1:28:23 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:...

> Do you claim that no civilization can be millions of years more
> advanced than we are in a galaxy twice as old as our planet is?...

So I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that Gods exist and now you're rambling irrelevance about aliens. The discussion isn't about aliens. Its about a God. Aliens aren't omni anything and as such don't fit the definition and are utterly irrelevant.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 4:16:47 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:03:45 PM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 1:28:23 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:...
> >
> > Do you claim that no civilization can be millions of years more
> > advanced than we are in a galaxy twice as old as our planet is?...
>
> So I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that Gods
> exist

No, you didn't. Your belief that you did is delusional.

> and now you're rambling irrelevance about aliens.

Perhaps you've forgotten my first post to you:

"The problem I see is that everyone is making assumptions about what God
is and what He can do. Clarke's third law states, "Any sufficiently
advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" so what would be
our response to the appearance of a REALLY advanced technology, one that
is a billion years ahead of us? We have lots of speculations about
civilizations that are a few centuries ahead of us, but that is much less
likely than there being really, really old ones. We are Johnnie-come-
lately even in our own galaxy, which has existed for twice as long as
our little solar system.

"So the answer to your question is, THAT 'God.'"

What is it you don't understand that a civilization a billion years ahead
of us is quite probable?

> The discussion isn't about aliens.

Yes, it is. Read what I wrote above.

> Its about a God. Aliens aren't omni anything and as such don't fit the
> definition and are utterly irrelevant.

Face it: it doesn't fit YOUR boxed-in definition of God because YOU
can't think outside your little box. "A GOD has to be Omni" whatever
is just plain wrong. Clarke had it right and YOU have it wrong.

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 4:33:54 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:16:47 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> We have lots of speculations about
> civilizations that are a few centuries ahead of us, but that is much less
> likely than there being really, really old ones. ...

So I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that a God exists, and here you are rambling complete irrelevance about aliens. The topic isn't aliens. It doesn't matter how advanced. They aren't omni anything and as such don't fit the definition. You lost the argument. Get over it. Idiot masses.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 4:47:48 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:33:54 PM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:16:47 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> >
> > We have lots of speculations about
> > civilizations that are a few centuries ahead of us, but that is much less
> > likely than there being really, really old ones. ...
>
> [Completely irrelevant and false, regurgitated straw man baloney]

You have some of the characteristics of the kooks and cranks that infest
this board, one of them is believing that if you make the last post,
even if it is regurgitated nonsense, you win. Another is repetition
makes nonsense valid. You are behaving irrationally. How come you
can't see that?

Sylvia Else

Jan 13, 2016, 7:07:37 PM1/13/16
On 13/01/2016 3:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> This is a question everybody seems to
> want to know...

I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
not create the universe.

Sylvia.

Carmine Portacio

Jan 13, 2016, 7:25:14 PM1/13/16
Gary Harnagel wrote:

>> [Completely irrelevant and false, regurgitated straw man baloney]
>
> You have some of the characteristics of the kooks and cranks that infest
> this board, one of them is believing that if you make the last post,
> even if it is regurgitated nonsense, you win.

This soaUNDS pretty rational to me.

> Another is repetition

Rational again

> makes nonsense valid. You are behaving irrationally.

You just contradict yourself. You need start thinking in Tensors. Then
you'll understand.

Carmine Portacio

Jan 13, 2016, 7:32:10 PM1/13/16
reber g=emc^2 wrote:
Hmmm, give us a free miracle, Big Bang, then we'll explain the rest.

Carmine Portacio

Jan 13, 2016, 7:34:16 PM1/13/16
A limited case of credibility. If you believe that you can believe
everything.

Carmine Portacio

Jan 13, 2016, 7:44:23 PM1/13/16
credulity, of course. If you can swallow that, you can swallow everything.

Peter Moylan

Jan 13, 2016, 8:51:23 PM1/13/16
Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.

--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Gary Harnagel

Jan 13, 2016, 9:37:14 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 6:51:23 PM UTC-7, Peter Moylan wrote:

> On 2016-Jan-14 11:07, Sylvia Else wrote:
> >
> > On 13/01/2016 3:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > >
> > > How Did God Create The Universe?
> > >
> > > This is a question everybody seems to
> > > want to know...
> >
> > I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
> > not create the universe.

I think it is possible that God can be an emergent property of the
universe AND have created it. It all depends on your assumptions.

> Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
> created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.
>
> --
> Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
> Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Do you have this "documentation" available to share?

Gary

David Waite

Jan 13, 2016, 10:38:36 PM1/13/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 2:47:48 PM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:

> You have some of the characteristics of ...

So since I utterly invalidated your idiotic insane proposition that Gods exist, you continue to ramble on about aliens which are absolutely irrelevant no matter how advanced because the topic isn't about aliens which aren't omni anything and as such don't fit the definition, but is about a God, and continue to ramble on complete irrelevance about "my characteristics". So you lost the argument. Get over it.

james...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2016, 11:14:43 PM1/13/16
On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 8:17:44 AM UTC-8, Sam Wormley wrote:
> On 1/12/16 10:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> Nope -- the concept of god is an invention of man.

There is order before man's mind.
Where did that come from?

Mitchell Raemsch

> --
>
> sci.physics is an unmoderated newsgroup dedicated
> to the discussion of physics, news from the physics
> community, and physics-related social issues.

Sylvia Else

Jan 14, 2016, 12:23:24 AM1/14/16
On 14/01/2016 11:17 AM, benj wrote:
> Well, Shit! "Sylvia" is "pretty sure" that there is no God and I think
> that pretty much settles it for everybody, right?
>
> Well everybody except thinkers. The supposition is that any "God" would
> be outside of time. Hence the entire question of any "Creation" is total
> nonsense. I think it was starfaker, or maybe Rolf, who likened the
> universe and "God's" view of it as to a large roll of video tape where
> you've spliced the beginning to then end. We see the tape as it plays
> and take it to be "life" and our "universe". God however, being outside
> of time sees the entire roll in it's entirety where "our" time is
> irrelevant to that view.

I think you've rather missed the point. The OP's assertion was that
"everybody seems to want to know." I was merely providing a counter-example.

Sylvia.

Sylvia Else

Jan 14, 2016, 12:27:29 AM1/14/16
Sheesh - they're all at it. Guys - you really need to read, and think,
rather then getting all hot and bothered about an issue I'm not
discussing at all.

I'm not saying anything about God. I'm saying something about me,
because I'm a person, and therefore part of "everybody". The OP's
assertion (notwithstanding the weasel word "seems") is false, because I
am a counter-example.

Sylvia.

The Starmaker

Jan 14, 2016, 1:08:59 AM1/14/16
The Starmaker wrote:

> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> This is a question everybody seems to
> want to know...
> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> They want to know what materials He used.
> They want to know did He used computers?
> They want to know did He used machines to
> create the earth and the universe?
> They want to know exactly what process He used
> to create the earth and everything in it, including
> the whole entire universe!
>
> They want to know...
> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> They want to know...
> How Did He Create The Universe?
>
> They want you to explain it all how He did it.
>
> To be continued...

They...want to know
how God went about
creating a universe..
you know..the details,
the tools he used..
the step by step
process He used from
begining to end...

They want to know
how He first went
about creating
life on earth...

I mean...
this information
is too dangerous
for yous to know.

You're liable to
build an atomic bomb
or something to kill people
for personal reasons.

You might even build
volcanos and asteroids
to destroy your enemies...

Sorry, you're not ready.

You're just going
to have to accept the brute fact
that God did it.

The Starmaker

Jan 14, 2016, 1:20:59 AM1/14/16
Richard Dawkins is not pretty sure, he's unsure. How can you
be..."pretty sure"???

The Starmaker

Jan 14, 2016, 1:40:06 AM1/14/16
What's really ridiculous
is that They
expect Christians
who believe in God
to explain it all.

To explain
How God did it.

This information
is too dangerous for
humans to aquire.

You'll start
building women in
your basements..

The Starmaker

Jan 14, 2016, 1:48:36 AM1/14/16
I want to know how God created this world - Albert Einstein

Greg Goss

Jan 14, 2016, 6:49:31 AM1/14/16
Peter Moylan <pe...@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:

>On 2016-Jan-14 11:07, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 13/01/2016 3:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
>>> How Did God Create The Universe?
>>>
>>> This is a question everybody seems to
>>> want to know...
>>
>> I don't. I'm pretty sure that there is no God, and that He therefore did
>> not create the universe.
>
>Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
>created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.

I used to be a corporate programmer. The documentation never does
match the actual project.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 14, 2016, 7:48:57 AM1/14/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 8:38:36 PM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> [The same old stupid, false regurgitations]

You are sounding more mentally-disturbed by the day

mlwo...@wp.pl

Jan 14, 2016, 8:13:01 AM1/14/16
"When you point your finger at someone, anyone, it is often a moment of
judgement. We point our fingers when we want to scold someone, point
out what they have done wrong. But each time we point, we simultaneously
point three fingers back at ourselves." - Christopher Pike

David Waite

Jan 14, 2016, 10:44:16 AM1/14/16
On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 5:48:57 AM UTC-7, Gary Harnagel wrote:
> You are sounding more mentally-disturbed by the day

So I utterly invalidated your idiotic and insane proposition that Gods exist, so you made false accusations, complained about my behaviors, then rambled on about irrelevant aliens, and are back to accusations again. All because you don't have a valid argument and are mad that I utterly invalidated your proposition. You were wrong. Just get over it.

David Waite

Jan 14, 2016, 10:48:22 AM1/14/16
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 9:14:43 PM UTC-7, james...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 8:17:44 AM UTC-8, Sam Wormley wrote:
> > On 1/12/16 10:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > > How Did God Create The Universe?
> >
> > Nope -- the concept of god is an invention of man.
>
> There is order before man's mind.
> Where did that come from?
>
> Mitchell Raemsch

Order doesn't have to come from anything. You admit that yourself when you make the insane proposition of the order of a Gods mind that sets out to make other things with order.

Gary Harnagel

Jan 14, 2016, 10:54:17 AM1/14/16
On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 8:44:16 AM UTC-7, David Waite wrote:

> [And even more regurgitated nonsensical delusional lies]

I read some of your posts in previous times and you seemed to have your
head screwed on right, but now you have destroyed all of that with your
mindless, repetitious, dishonest rants. I'm very disappointed.

james...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 11:02:00 AM1/14/16
And what about your brain pinhead?

You cannot deny order had a Big Bang beginning Before the mind of man.
"We shall know the Mind of God..." Stephen Hawking

Mitchell Raemsch

james...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 11:10:04 AM1/14/16
On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 8:10:12 AM UTC-8, The Starmaker wrote:
> How Did God Create The Universe?

He designed the universal design and then created it and us...
The reason we all exist... is the reason of all...

> This is a question everybody seems to
> want to know...
> How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> They want to know what materials He used.
> They want to know did He used computers?
> They want to know did He used machines to
> create the earth and the universe?
> They want to know exactly what process He used
> to create the earth and everything in it, including
> the whole entire universe!
>
> They want to know...
> How Did God Create The Universe?

David Waite

Jan 14, 2016, 11:18:52 AM1/14/16
On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 9:10:04 AM UTC-7, james...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 12, 2016 at 8:10:12 AM UTC-8, The Starmaker wrote:
> > How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> He designed the universal design and then created it and us...
> The reason we all exist... is the reason of all...

"He"...no sorry, your magic man in the sky doesn't exist either.

james...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 11:36:25 AM1/14/16
There is no feminist God either....

The Starmaker

Jan 14, 2016, 2:47:14 PM1/14/16
Sam Wormley wrote:

> On 1/12/16 10:10 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> > How Did God Create The Universe?
>
> Nope -- the concept of god is an invention of man.

I know this is very differcult
for yous to understand...

Man made God
so that God
can make Man.

So, if you ask "Who created God?" Well, of course...man did!

And if you want to know "Who created Man?"...well, of course, God did!

God is the best idea Man ever had.

In other words, Man invented God so that God can create Man.

You don't expect Man to create himself, do you?

I told you....

this is very differcult
for yous to understand...

The Starmaker

Jan 14, 2016, 2:49:33 PM1/14/16
Who reads documentations anymore?

I'm up and running!

I can fly an airplane....i don't need a manual.

The Starmaker

Jan 14, 2016, 3:11:57 PM1/14/16
Albert Einstein really wanted to know the WHY did God created the world...the rest according to him were just little details.

The problem with Albert Einsten was he waited a little too late to be asking WHY questions...

as you can tell by the book he was reading:

https://timelifeblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/001151112.jpg

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/science/slideshow/2013/03/14/celebrating-albert-einstein/_jcr_content/slideshow-par/slide_image4/image.img.jpg/0/0/1422517608937.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Do you want to know ...WHY God created the Universe, instead of How?

Which do you prefer, How or Why?

james...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 10:41:18 PM1/14/16
It's the reason we all exist and will forever...

The Starmaker

Jan 15, 2016, 1:11:39 AM1/15/16
If you understand Why God created the universe, then it doesn't matter How He did it, doesn't it?

David DeLaney

Jan 15, 2016, 1:58:33 AM1/15/16
On 2016-01-14, Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote:
> Peter Moylan <pe...@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:
>>Ah, but there's plenty of documentation to show that the universe was
>>created multiple times, in many different ways, by many different gods.
>
> I used to be a corporate programmer. The documentation never does
> match the actual project.

And, to boot, new discoveries and postulations force the uncountably infinite
numbers of spirits that form the mythic background FOR the universe to retcon
so that This Was Always so, so the origin's changing every so often as well.
By the end of the War in Heaven, its beginning may well have become totally
unrecognizable.

Dave, and this doesn't even take into account the various discussions going on
OUTSIDE Creation in sundry ways
http://gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd/ -net.legends/Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.

William December Starr

Jan 15, 2016, 8:44:43 AM1/15/16
In article <o0uoE...@kithrup.com>,
djh...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt) said:

> By a Word.
>
> Next?

Nonresponsive, your Honor, move to strike.

-- wds

james...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2016, 11:17:44 AM1/15/16
Einstein had the question of if God had any choice in his creation..
When it comes to the hypersphere, the first thing... He had no choice on.

Mitchell Raemsch