The Big Bang and The Atomic Bomb

The Starmaker

Jun 23, 2017, 5:16:45 PM6/23/17
The Big Bang and The Atomic Bomb

Do they have anything in common????

No way , right?

Probably 100 percent nothing in common, right????

God forbid you would say the atomic bomb made a big bang! You're not allowed to ...think that, or say that!

Not even wiki would dare to say the atomic bomb even made a noise...

because it would sound like a big bang and we all know it is forbidden to associate a big bang with a atomic bomb.

even though they both derive from the same...theory of ..relativity..

and the same author..

but any associatation with a big bang and the atomic bomb is...forbidden.

but you know that already, right.

Most men live lives of quite desperation...

The Starmaker

Jun 24, 2017, 12:31:10 PM6/24/17
If you try to look up
what was the loudiest noise or sound made by man/loudest man-made sound

on Google...

a volcano keeps popping up. Obvisouly, The people at Google don't want you to know about atomic bomb noise.

It's forbidden to talk about...

because you would then have to ask..did it make a big bang???

Was it a Big Bang?

Do things go bang anymore???

Did they remove Bang from the internet also????

It's suppose to be a loud noise....like a big bang.

I'm pretty sure you heard the expression..."Like a big bang?" (before the Big Bang was invented)

In other words...Did the atomic bomb make a noise? And how big of a noise/sound was it?? Was it like a big bang???

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/1946/1101460701_400.jpg

The Starmaker

Jun 24, 2017, 1:56:28 PM6/24/17
Hey kids out there and yous adults...ask your science teacher and science proffersors

"When they tested the atomic bomb, or dropped the bomb on japan, did it make a loud noise, ...like.. a... Big Bang?"

and then listen to their response...

and come back here and tell me what their response was..

inquiring minds want to know.

Hägar

Jun 25, 2017, 1:10:52 AM6/25/17
"The Starmaker" wrote in message news:594D85...@ix.netcom.com...
***First off, it is "quiet desperation". Secondly, the phrase was
plagiarized from the song "Time" of the Dark Side album...
... Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way ...
You're welcome ... not as original as you thought you were ...

The Starmaker

Jun 25, 2017, 2:15:03 AM6/25/17
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Itu Ikosaku

Jun 25, 2017, 5:45:24 AM6/25/17
Hägar wrote:

> God forbid you would say the atomic bomb made a big bang! You're not
> allowed to ...think that, or say that!

How about microscopic big bangs

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jun 25, 2017, 6:24:36 AM6/25/17
The ’nym-shifting troll wrote as "Itu Ikosaku":
Possible, but not caused by an atomic bomb.

And contrary to common misconception, Big Bangs in cosmology
are simply _not_ explosions.

That has nothing to do with any permissions; it is simply *incorrect* to say
otherwise, and those who say otherwise just demonstrate that they do not
know what they are talking about.

*PLONK*

F'up2 .relativity

--
PointedEars

Twitter: @PointedEars2

Hägar

Jun 25, 2017, 10:49:12 AM6/25/17

"The Starmaker" wrote in message news:594F54...@ix.netcom.com...
*** yet another of your enigmatic pearls od wisdom ???

The Starmaker

Jun 25, 2017, 1:30:13 PM6/25/17
what goe up must come down

Sегgi о

Jun 25, 2017, 5:53:50 PM6/25/17
On 6/25/2017 12:10 AM, Hägar wrote:
> "The Starmaker" wrote in message news:594D85...@ix.netcom.com...
>
> The Big Bang and The Atomic Bomb
>
> Do they have anything in common????

yes, they were both very very loud.

> Most men live lives of quite desperation...

is that what you are feeling ?

Why are you being sexist about it?

Whisper

Jun 26, 2017, 4:26:16 AM6/26/17
On 26/06/2017 3:29 AM, The Starmaker wrote:
> Hägar wrote:
>

> what goe up must come down

What is 'up'?

---
http://www.avg.com

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jun 27, 2017, 3:02:34 AM6/27/17
Sегgi о amok-crossposted to 3 newsgroups:
^^^^^^^
Your real name belongs there.

> On 6/25/2017 12:10 AM, Hägar wrote:
>> The Big Bang and The Atomic Bomb
>>
>> Do they have anything in common????
>

> yes, they were both very very loud.

No, “loud” is *precisely* what the Big Bang (BB) was definitely _not_.

Contrary to an atomic bomb, the BB was *silent* because there was no medium
to transport sound yet – gases could not form before 380'000 years *after*
the BB, when the universal temperature was low enough for that – nor was
anyone there to hear it anyway. And it was *dark* because photons did not
exist until 10 seconds *after* the BB. (The only similarity between the BB
and an atomic bomb is high temperature – but the temperature of the universe
shortly after the BB was millions of orders of magnitude higher than that of
an atomar explosion, at least 10³² K compared to at most only 300'000 K.)

The BB was the *beginning* of an *expansion* of our *universe*, _not_ an
explosion of something.

The term was introduced by Fred Hoyle, an English astronomer, to *deride*
the (now well-confirmed) theory of the expansion of our universe because he
*doubted* it, and the term stuck. (Hoyle preferred his Steady State theory
instead and kept defending it until his death, despite all observations to
the contrary.)

*Learn* what you are talking about *before* you are talking about it:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang>

>> Most men live lives of quite desperation...
>
> is that what you are feeling ?
>
> Why are you being sexist about it?

That assumption is unwarranted, probably based on your not being a native
speaker of English (I am not either, but I speak it at near-native level).
Although it is probably wiser to use the term “human” and “humankind” then,
“men” can refer to the population of Homo sapiens that identifies themselves
with the male gender, or to *the species as a whole*, and it did so
historically. “mankind” is even universally understood to refer to the
entire species – past, present, and future.

For example:

| We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
| […]

—United States Declaration of Independence

| That’s one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.

—Neil Armstrong’s first public words on the Moon

F'up2 sci.physics

Chris M. Thomasson

Jun 27, 2017, 3:26:48 AM6/27/17
There was a very strange Twin Peaks last Sunday that sort of seemed to
try and tie the two together. The whole damn thing is fu%king weird! WTF!

Sегgi о

Jun 27, 2017, 8:57:35 AM6/27/17
On 6/27/2017 2:26 AM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
> On 6/23/2017 2:17 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
>> The Big Bang and The Atomic Bomb
>>
>> Do they have anything in common????
>>

>> but you know that already, right.
>>

>> Most men live lives of quite desperation...
>>

> There was a very strange Twin Peaks last Sunday that sort of seemed to
> try and tie the two together. The whole damn thing is fu%king weird! WTF!

quite desperation, if you like Twin Peaks, you will love "Eraserhead"
Starmaker watches this daily!

14 min of it;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqlqp3OT13U

Chris M. Thomasson

Jun 27, 2017, 2:53:42 PM6/27/17
I would not say I "like" twin peaks: Its just very weird and extremely
strange to me...

Sегg io

Jun 27, 2017, 8:57:18 PM6/27/17
David Lynch did Eraserhead first, then Twin Peaks.
Eraserhead is totally disturbing weird..., nothing else like it.
Twin Peaks is weird, but in slower doses.
Lynch also did "Dune"

benj

Jun 27, 2017, 9:46:13 PM6/27/17
Sergio did you ever wonder how many of the kooks posting here have
"eraserhead" hairdoos?

Gibutsi Fumihazu

Jul 1, 2017, 5:10:26 AM7/1/17
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

>> How about microscopic big bangs
>
> Possible, but not caused by an atomic bomb.

You don't know what a big bang stands for. Demand your paid taxes back
immediately.