Michio Kaku ??

The Starmaker

Jan 12, 2013, 2:08:56 PM1/12/13
Michio Kaku.

Now, I'm a little confused...
about this guy...Michio Kaku.

You've seen him on TV.

Everytime the 'scientific community' yells

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling"
they put this Michio Kaku on the TV news.

He explains why "The sky is falling".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdqr2v1rTQ

What I'm confused about...

What I'm confused about is...

Who does Michio Kaku represent,
the 'scientific community' or the
'science fiction community'?

The Starmaker

Is he a trekie?

Where can I guy a internet contact lens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54LN9q1jSs

Richard Tobin

Jan 12, 2013, 3:12:25 PM1/12/13
In article <50F1B...@ix.netcom.com>,
The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>You've seen him on TV.

No.

-- Richard

HVAC

Jan 12, 2013, 4:07:40 PM1/12/13
On 1/12/2013 2:08 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
> Michio Kaku.
>

> Now, I'm a little confused...
> about this guy...Michio Kaku.
>
> You've seen him on TV.
>
> Everytime the 'scientific community' yells
>
> "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"
> they put this Michio Kaku on the TV news.
>
> He explains why "The sky is falling".
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdqr2v1rTQ
>
> What I'm confused about...
>

> What I'm confused about is...
>
> Who does Michio Kaku represent,
> the 'scientific community' or the
> 'science fiction community'?

Kaku is a well know homosexual.

Not there's anything wrong with that.

http://www.richardgingras.com/tia/images/tia_logo_large.jpg

The Starmaker

Jan 12, 2013, 4:27:29 PM1/12/13
Let me translate TV for you...a telly.

benj

Jan 12, 2013, 5:44:44 PM1/12/13
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:07:40 -0500, HVAC wrote:

> On 1/12/2013 2:08 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
>> Michio Kaku.

>> What I'm confused about is...
>>
>> Who does Michio Kaku represent,
>> the 'scientific community' or the
>> 'science fiction community'?

Pretty much the same, these days.

> Kaku is a well know homosexual.
>
> Not there's anything wrong with that.

When is there something "wrong"? Would that be if it's not "well known"?

Quadibloc

Jan 12, 2013, 5:53:13 PM1/12/13
On Jan 12, 12:08 pm, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Who does Michio Kaku represent,
> the 'scientific community' or the
>  'science fiction community'?

He definitely doesn't represent the science fiction community. But a
lot of real scientists don't think he is a very good representative of
their community either, even if that's where he came from.

John Savard

David Mitchell

Jan 13, 2013, 2:20:32 AM1/13/13
OTOH, I enjoyed _Hyperspace_, one of his earlier books.

= David --- No, not that one.
= Mitchell ---

A.G.McDowell

Jan 13, 2013, 8:41:37 AM1/13/13
On 13/01/2013 07:20, David Mitchell wrote:
> On 12/01/13 22:53, Quadibloc wrote:
>> On Jan 12, 12:08 pm, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>> Who does Michio Kaku represent,
>>> the 'scientific community' or the
>>> 'science fiction community'?
>>
>> He definitely doesn't represent the science fiction community. But a
>> lot of real scientists don't think he is a very good representative of
>> their community either, even if that's where he came from.
>
> OTOH, I enjoyed _Hyperspace_, one of his earlier books.

I got "Physics of the Future" for Christmas and enjoyed it, although I
found it difficult not to believe that air resistance would block some
of the improvements he suggested were possible in the energy efficiency
of motor cars. However I see from
http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/withouthotair/cA/page_259.shtml that
rolling resistance is very noticeable for cars, and a really big deal
for trains - so I guess he's right and I'm wrong. That might have
something to do with the fact that he's a professor of Theoretical
Physics and writes books about this stuff, and I'm not and don't.

There's also a Wikipedia page on him at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku. I know his personal decisions
aren't a good way to judge his work and his advice, but I can't help but
be impressed that he trained as an infantryman for the Vietnam War -
although it ended before he was deployed.

I doubt if anybody represents the scientific community, but there seems
to be some evidence that he knows what he is talking about.

H�gar

Jan 13, 2013, 11:58:13 AM1/13/13

"HVAC" <hv...@physicist.net> wrote in message
> On 1/12/2013 2:08 PM, The Starmaker wrote:
>> Michio Kaku.
>>

>> Now, I'm a little confused...
>> about this guy...Michio Kaku.
>>
>> You've seen him on TV.
>>
>> Everytime the 'scientific community' yells
>>
>> "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"
>> they put this Michio Kaku on the TV news.
>>
>> He explains why "The sky is falling".
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdqr2v1rTQ
>>
>> What I'm confused about...
>>

>> What I'm confused about is...
>>
>> Who does Michio Kaku represent,
>> the 'scientific community' or the
>> 'science fiction community'?
>

> Kaku is a well know homosexual.
>
> Not there's anything wrong with that.

There is, however, something wrong with your brain, Harlow.

Michiu Kaku was in the US Army
He is also married and has two daughters
He is also highly intelligent, a trait you're obvious unfamiliar with.
He is a professor of Astronomy and studies the functioning of the Universe.
Your dysfunctional Universe is "Here comes Honey Boo Boo"

Because, if you had a brain, you simply could have Googled him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku

But then your anti-Asian hatred is just as legendary as your
pre-occupation with anything homosexual.
Some day you'll open the Closet door ...

Wayne Throop

Jan 13, 2013, 1:25:39 PM1/13/13
: The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
: Now, I'm a little confused... about this guy...Michio Kaku.
: You've seen him on TV.

Never heard of him.

: Who does Michio Kaku represent, the 'scientific community'
: or the 'science fiction community'?

Neither.

Marvin the Martian

Jan 13, 2013, 1:47:32 PM1/13/13
My beef with Kaku is that he's a hucker selling junk science. Look at his
website:

http://mkaku.org/

It's all selling himself and science whoredom. Vanity and kewl pictures
that have shit to do with science. It's all money and vanity.

You can whore-ship him if you want, but the schtick to his act is that
physics is *exciting!* for everyone.

No, it isn't. Most people find physics boring. You end up with a bunch of
physic 101 students who want to skip mechanics and go straight to string
theory. It results in sci.physics being filled with people trying to
refute SR who don't even know what it IS.

HVAC

Jan 13, 2013, 2:25:33 PM1/13/13
On 1/13/2013 1:47 PM, Marvin the Martian wrote:

> It's all selling himself and science whoredom. Vanity and kewl pictures
> that have shit to do with science. It's all money and vanity.
>

> You can whore-ship him if you want, but the schtick to his act is that
> physics is *exciting!* for everyone.
>
> No, it isn't. Most people find physics boring. You end up with a bunch of
> physic 101 students who want to skip mechanics and go straight to string
> theory. It results in sci.physics being filled with people trying to
> refute SR who don't even know what it IS.

He's also a figure skater.

Do the math.

Paul Cardinale

Jan 13, 2013, 2:57:37 PM1/13/13
He's a media personality who pretends to explain physics. He often
gets it wrong.
He vets his ideas by presenting them to trekies and checking the
applause.

Marvin the Martian

Jan 13, 2013, 3:05:30 PM1/13/13
You can tell he's a great physicist by his long wild white hair.

Except he's an astronomer, not a physicist.

The Starmaker

Jan 13, 2013, 4:05:28 PM1/13/13
Marvin the Martian wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:57:37 -0800, Paul Cardinale wrote:
>
> > On Jan 12, 11:08Â am, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >> Michio Kaku.
> >>
> >> Now, I'm a little confused...
> >> about this guy...Michio Kaku.
> >>
> >> You've seen him on TV.
> >>
> >> Everytime the 'scientific community' yells
> >>
> >> "The sky is falling, the sky is falling" they put this Michio Kaku on
> >> the TV news.
> >>
> >> He explains why "The sky is falling".
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdqr2v1rTQ
> >>
> >> What I'm confused about...
> >>
> >> What I'm confused about is...
> >>
> >> Who does Michio Kaku represent,
> >> the 'scientific community' or the
> >> Â 'science fiction community'?
> >>
> >> The Starmaker
> >>
> >> Is he a trekie?
> >>
> >> Where can I guy a internet contact lens?
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54LN9q1jSs
> >
> > He's a media personality who pretends to explain physics. He often gets
> > it wrong.
> > He vets his ideas by presenting them to trekies and checking the
> > applause.
>
> You can tell he's a great physicist by his long wild white hair.
>
> Except he's an astronomer, not a physicist.

His last two book have the word "Physics" in the title, not 'Astronomy'.

Physics of the Impossible:

and

Physics of the Future:

and he is listed in wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku
Michio Kaku born January 24, 1947) is an American theoretical physicist, ...

Is Einstein an astronomer, not a physicist?

I don't alow misinformation to be posted in my threads.
My policy in my threads is information must be accurate, correct and true.

(i know it's differcult for the 'scientific communtiy' to be "accurate, correct and true", but you must try harder)

The Starmaker

Bast

Jan 13, 2013, 4:13:08 PM1/13/13

Marvin the Martian wrote:
Kaku is a media whore, plain and simple.

He gets on TV to give a shpeel about any psuedo-science the media pays him
to legitimize.
....He lost my support when he took the road on tree-hugging and global
warming scare, and tried to make it sound like legitimate science.

But I'm sure Al Gore gave him funding for some research, or ongoing funding
to the university that locks his Tenure for life, and he has to help Gore
now

The Starmaker

Jan 13, 2013, 4:31:01 PM1/13/13
Wayne Throop wrote:

> : The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
> : Now, I'm a little confused... about this guy...Michio Kaku.
> : You've seen him on TV.
>
> Never heard of him.

I said seen, not heard. For all I know you could be deaf...

> : Who does Michio Kaku represent, the 'scientific community'
> : or the 'science fiction community'?
>
> Neither.

How would you know if you never heard of him? For all I know...

The Starmaker

Jan 13, 2013, 5:05:12 PM1/13/13
I don't know...but I get a sense that Michio Kaku is a H.G.Wells wanna be.

H.G. Wells was the type of person to search for new products from the science community
around the world and inject it in his books as...coming in the future, predictions.

For example...in his new book: Physics of the Future by Michio Kaku

"He predicts we will solve our energy problems with fusion in the next half century, be able to control objects with our minds,
and grow replacement organs in tissue factories: a person of 70 could have the organs of a 30-year-old. "

Now, I saw on 60 minutes the other week "be able to control objects with our minds".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3a5u6djGnE

So, what Michio Kaku does is what H.G.Wells did...goes around and find upcoming science products and
pretends to predict the future.

Con Artists, the both of them.

But which science does Michio Kaku represent? Science fiction or what the others call "real science"?

I'm confused.

Also, Michio Kaku wrote a book before called:

Parallel Worlds: The Science of Alternative Universes and Our Future in the Cosmos
by Michio Kaku
432pp,

How could he possible write 432 pages of something not proven to exist? Is it a science fiction book??

The Starmaker

the sky is falling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFqpUPGxb0

Moriarty

Jan 13, 2013, 5:11:32 PM1/13/13
On Jan 14, 5:25 am, thro...@sheol.org (Wayne Throop) wrote:
> : The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com>
> : Now, I'm a little confused...  about this guy...Michio Kaku.
> : You've seen him on TV.
>
> Never heard of him.

He's reasonably well known as a writer/presenter of popular science.
Certainly not as well known as Hawking, but perhaps the next tier
down. If he were to turn up as a guest star on The Big Bang Theory,
as Brian Greene did, it wouldn't surprise me.

-Moriarty

The Starmaker

Jan 13, 2013, 5:21:21 PM1/13/13
Sarcasm is invisible on the internet. It's all over the internet but people cannot see it...it's invisible.

He's trin to 'mock me'...but it won't work...I'm unmockable.

He's married, which means he's not gettin any...

The Starmaker

Sam Wormley

Jan 13, 2013, 6:09:18 PM1/13/13
On 1/13/13 2:05 PM, Marvin the Martian wrote:
> Except he's an astronomer, not a physicist.

Marvin--why do you always post misinformation?

Michio Kaku, born January 24, 1947) is an American theoretical
physicist, the Henry Semat Professor of Theoretical Physics in
the City College of New York of City University of New York, a
futurist, and a communicator and popularizer of science.
--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku

Hägar

Jan 13, 2013, 6:19:45 PM1/13/13

"Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

> Marvin the Martian wrote:
Once again, that man's educational record is beyond reproach and attached
below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku

When ignorant cunts like you and HVAC can come close to the REAL scientist's
education, post your diplomas. All you two have to be proud of is stained
toilet paper and a collection of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" reruns..

David DeLaney

Jan 13, 2013, 7:02:38 PM1/13/13
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 18:25:39 GMT, Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote:
>The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>
>: Now, I'm a little confused... about this guy...Michio Kaku.
>: You've seen him on TV.
>
>Never heard of him.

He's written several high-concept-physics-popularization books, of which I
own two and think I've read both. He's not an Isaac Asimov, but he gets the
job done, mostly.

>: Who does Michio Kaku represent, the 'scientific community'
>: or the 'science fiction community'?
>
>Neither.

Correct; he's the 'science-explaining community'. You know, Starmaker's mortal
enemies and collective nemeses.

Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Bast

Jan 13, 2013, 7:15:16 PM1/13/13

H�gar wrote:
> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> Marvin the Martian wrote:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you held him and his politically correct global
warming scary talk, so seriously.
You better send Al Gore a donation, to prove you still care.

Joseph Nebus

Jan 13, 2013, 7:36:33 PM1/13/13
In <slrnkf6gj...@gatekeeper.vic.com> d...@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) writes:

>On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 18:25:39 GMT, Wayne Throop <thr...@sheol.org> wrote:
>>The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com>

>>: Who does Michio Kaku represent, the 'scientific community'
>>: or the 'science fiction community'?
>>
>>Neither.

>Correct; he's the 'science-explaining community'. You know, Starmaker's mortal
>enemies and collective nemeses.

Now I'm picturing Starmaker off in his underground, basement-level
Lairmaker apartment, fresh with notes from the last time he was in the
bookstore, comparing all the names of the pop science writers and adding
them to the board. ``Charles Seife? Ian Stewart? Write on, young fools
... someday you will be mine'', he cackles, never suspecting just how
much excitement he'd get from that book Marc Levinson wrote about the
history of containerized cargo because it *just ain't pop science*,
danged it. He turns from the board, pours himself half a tumbler of
Mello Yello Zero, and looks at the portrait hung over the awful 1970's
cardboard imitation fireplace meant for Christmas use only, and then
points at it. ``And don't you think,'' he shouts to the image of Forest
Ray Moulton, ``that the icy hand of death has saved you from *my* wrath,
either!''

Emboldened, he sits at the computer to see what Usenet has to
say about him today.

--
http://nebusresearch.wordpress.com/ Joseph Nebus
Current Entry: Returning to Arthur Christmas http://wp.me/p1RYhY-o4

The Starmaker

Jan 13, 2013, 8:14:14 PM1/13/13
Excuse me, I'm from brooklyn new york, i've never of people living in
basements. You must
live in a different universe than me...

and people who a sig link are just stealth marketers looking for an
excuse to
sell their wares.

The question was "Who does Michio Kaku represent?", not who is the
starmaker.

People are not interested in what I have to say, they are only
interested in
others knowing what they have to say...and use me as an excuse!

I don't like 'stealth marketers' on my threads. Having you heard of the
World Wide Web?

The Starmaker

Marvin the Martian

Jan 13, 2013, 8:29:55 PM1/13/13
What does his education have to do with anything? Do you have a reasoning
disorder?

It was pointed out he's a media whore who is out for fame and fortune by
pushing junk science.

Marvin the Martian

Jan 13, 2013, 8:33:02 PM1/13/13
That wasn't coherent.

Wayne Throop

Jan 13, 2013, 8:41:04 PM1/13/13
::: Who does Michio Kaku represent, the 'scientific community' or the
::: 'science fiction community'?

:: Neither.

: d...@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney)
: Correct; he's the 'science-explaining community'. You know,
: Starmaker's mortal enemies and collective nemeses.

And though a member (and arguably of all three), he doesn't
represent the science popularization community.

Marvin the Martian

Jan 13, 2013, 10:40:24 PM1/13/13
Kaku claims to be one of the co-founders of the non-science of string
theory.

Which shows he doesn't even know what science IS.

hanson

Jan 13, 2013, 10:44:57 PM1/13/13
"Paul Cardinale" <pcard...@volcanomail.com> wrote:
:: Michio Kaku explains why "The sky is falling".
:: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPdqr2v1rTQ>
:: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54LN9q1jSs>

Michio Kaku is a media personality who pretends
to explain physics. He often gets it wrong. He vets
his ideas by presenting them to trekies and checking
the applause.

hanson wrote:
ahahahaha... Good one, Cardi! ... add to this, that
Kaku has the same filthy, unkempt shaggy mane
look, as had Einstein, and probably for the same
reason too.

IOW, Kaku imitates Einstein in his efforts to
create his own bandwagon with followers which
you may label as "kackers", just like Einstein's
lot who are know as "Einstein Dingleberries"
who worship Albert's sphincter.

There's nothing wrong with physicists selling
their Weltbild to get fame and fortune. Kaku is
banal, shy and unremarkable when compared
to Einstein who insisted that

||| AE:: "People like us, who _BELIEVE_ in physics,
||| AE:: know that the distinction between the
||| AE:: past, resent, and future is only a stubbornly
||| AE:: persistent illusion."
|||AE:: "Space & time are NOT conditions in which we
||AE:: live; they are simply modes in which we think."

There is no law in physics that prohibits the expression
and promulgation of irrational impressions from nature
and the acceptance thereof and one's BELIEF in them....

Just look how fanatical angry and bellicose Einstein
Dingleberries get in these NG when you laugh at their
Beliefs. They are not any different the Islamist Suicide
bombers... like posters Lodo Harlow Campbell "HVAC"
who labels anyone who does not see it his way as "gay",
or Dirt VD moortel who posts as a hate monger under
his "Head@"handle, or Sam Wormley who sports his
"illucid" website, just to example some of the most
hilarious posters here.

Listen you dudes, s.p. is the GREATEST physics
entertainment "publication" that ever existed.

Beware though of the moment when you begin to
take it seriously & become angry & riled up over it...
... because that will the moment when you will have
made the first step to be force-fed Prozac on the
way to the Mental ward. Don't do that to yourselves.

Thanks for the laughs all you guy/ette/s, especially
to the ones who crank themselves over my posts &
then copy-cat & let it out like Einstein, the wifebeater
did in <http://tinyurl.com/Einstein-wife-beater-arrested>.

ahahahaha... AHAHAHAHA... ahahahahanson.

David DeLaney

Jan 14, 2013, 6:25:12 AM1/14/13
Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote:
>Joseph Nebus wrote:
>> d...@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) writes:
>>>Correct; he's the 'science-explaining community'. You know, Starmaker's
>>>mortal enemies and collective nemeses.
>>
>> Now I'm picturing Starmaker off in his underground,
>> basement-level
>> Lairmaker apartment, fresh with notes from the last time he was in the
>> bookstore, comparing all the names of the pop science writers and adding
>> them to the board. ``Charles Seife? Ian Stewart? Write on, young fools
>> ... someday you will be mine'', he cackles, never suspecting just how
>> much excitement he'd get from that book Marc Levinson wrote about the
>> history of containerized cargo because it *just ain't pop science*,
>> danged it. He turns from the board, pours himself half a tumbler of
>> Mello Yello Zero, and looks at the portrait hung over the awful 1970's
>> cardboard imitation fireplace meant for Christmas use only, and then
>> points at it. ``And don't you think,'' he shouts to the image of Forest
>> Ray Moulton, ``that the icy hand of death has saved you from *my* wrath,
>> either!''
>>
>> Emboldened, he sits at the computer to see what Usenet has to
>> say about him today.
>
>That wasn't coherent.

Neither is Starmaker, usually.

Dave, it's part of his lack-of-charm

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 11:20:22 AM1/14/13

Marvin the Martian wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:19:45 -0800, H�gar wrote:
>
>> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Marvin the Martian wrote:
Poor hagar is still enamoured with pieces of paper.
Where the rest of us know that the smartest people don't need 3 lines of
accreditations after their name.

Intelligence can not be taught,....you can only be taught to memorize facts
others already discovered.
As the old saying goes,....."Those who can, do,......Those who can't, teach"

...And I dare you to find a professor in ANY school, who will teach you
that.

Hägar

Jan 14, 2013, 11:35:56 AM1/14/13

"Marvin the Martian" <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote in message
Junk Science ??? and you know this how ???
Global Warming is a fact. However, it is a cycle the Earth experiences
periodically and has absolutely nothing to do with man made pollution.

In the mid 1400s the Viking were growing crops and raising live stock
on Greenland ... explain that, you pseudo scientist hack.

Michael Stemper

Jan 14, 2013, 12:46:45 PM1/14/13
In article <kcv1mb$hbl$3...@dont-email.me>, HVAC <hv...@physicist.net> writes:
>On 1/13/2013 1:47 PM, Marvin the Martian wrote:

>> You can whore-ship him if you want, but the schtick to his act is that
>> physics is *exciting!* for everyone.
>>
>> No, it isn't. Most people find physics boring. You end up with a bunch of
>> physic 101 students who want to skip mechanics and go straight to string
>> theory. It results in sci.physics being filled with people trying to
>> refute SR who don't even know what it IS.
>
>He's also a figure skater.
>
>Do the math.

I'd much rather do math than go skating. Go figure.

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>

Mahipal

Jan 14, 2013, 1:00:27 PM1/14/13
On Jan 14, 11:20 am, "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Marvin the Martian wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:19:45 -0800, Hägar wrote:
>
> >> "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

I heard they have a little green pill for that, which btw I love,
reasoning disorder. Shades of green pills if plural disorders and all
that.

> > It was pointed out he's a media whore who is out for fame and fortune by
> > pushing junk science.
>
> Poor hagar is still enamoured with pieces of paper.
> Where the rest of us know that the smartest people don't need 3 lines of
> accreditations after their name.

Not need so much, but forced to be required to acquire the piece of
paper.

> Intelligence can not be taught,....you can only be taught to memorize facts
> others already discovered.
> As the old saying goes,....."Those who can, do,......Those who can't, teach"
>
> ...And I dare you to find a professor in ANY school, who will teach you
> that.

Conscious professors especially, would be hard pressed... would be
last to acknowledge... the thought even exists.

Kaku is a bit too flamboyant and ridiculously chippy, for my taste.
Somehow Michio is always way too familiar with all the absurd ideas
that anybody has ever proposed. It's like his staff is stalking Usenet
like sharks. Which is actually a more scary idea than at first
glance.

It would be funny to see Kaku and Sheldon on TBBT compete on filling
up whiteboards. Media mafia is very incestuous and they know it.

Morgan Freeman, a name Lincoln would've adored, with his dark matter
waving palms, is funny too. All his 321million episodes begin with
"When I was young and or a kid.... Science prepared me to see my hands
waving before me... like this and this and that."

Enjo(y)... Cheers!
--
Mahipal, pronounced "My Pal" or "Maple" leads to... Maple Loops.

http://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/

HVAC

Jan 14, 2013, 1:14:10 PM1/14/13
On 1/14/2013 12:46 PM, Michael Stemper wrote:
> In article<kcv1mb$hbl$3...@dont-email.me>, HVAC<hv...@physicist.net> writes:
>> On 1/13/2013 1:47 PM, Marvin the Martian wrote:
>
>>> You can whore-ship him if you want, but the schtick to his act is that
>>> physics is *exciting!* for everyone.
>>>
>>> No, it isn't. Most people find physics boring. You end up with a bunch of
>>> physic 101 students who want to skip mechanics and go straight to string
>>> theory. It results in sci.physics being filled with people trying to
>>> refute SR who don't even know what it IS.
>>
>> He's also a figure skater.
>>
>> Do the math.
>
> I'd much rather do math than go skating. Go figure.

Then YOU aren't gay.

HVAC

Jan 14, 2013, 1:15:52 PM1/14/13
On 1/14/2013 1:00 PM, Mahipal wrote:

> Kaku is a bit too flamboyant and ridiculously chippy, for my taste.

AKA He's queer.

Michael Stemper

Jan 14, 2013, 1:45:14 PM1/14/13
In article <50F333...@ix.netcom.com>, The Starmaker <star...@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>Sarcasm is invisible on the internet. It's all over the internet but people cannot see it...it's invisible.
>
>He's trin to 'mock me'...but it won't work...I'm unmockable.

Some things are just beyond parody.

--
Michael F. Stemper
#include <Standard_Disclaimer>
"Parity is for farmers"

Marvin the Martian

Jan 14, 2013, 1:47:52 PM1/14/13
String theory makes no useful predictions thus cannot be falsified. It is
junk science.

Rod Speed

Jan 14, 2013, 2:19:51 PM1/14/13

> Marvin the Martian wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:19:45 -0800, H�gar wrote:
>>
>>> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

Yes. But you can give intelligent people
something to apply their intelligence to.

> you can only be taught to memorize facts others already discovered.

That�s not right, you can also expose them to techniques like
randomised double blind trials that have been invented that
are very effective at working out what works and what doesn�t.

> As the old saying goes,....."Those who can, do,......Those who can't,
> teach"

That�s a separate question to what can usefully be taught tho.

Yes, some of the smartest people can actually teach themselves
to read and write, but most benefit from a bit of teaching in those
areas, even if its just being selective about what they are encouraged
to read and pointing out what librarys are about with little kids.

> ...And I dare you to find a professor in ANY school, who will teach you
> that.

There are plenty that have done that. Even you should be able to
find them using google.

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 2:48:37 PM1/14/13

H�gar wrote:
> "Marvin the Martian" <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:19:45 -0800, H�gar wrote:
>>
>>> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

Don't argue with us.
You tell THAT to Michio Kaku.

HE Says,....THE POLAR BEARS ARE ALL DY'IN'

When he jumped on THAT,....that's when he lost any credibility.

As no one has ever been able to show how any polar bears are being affected
by any global warming, no matter how caused, other than to make their lives
a bit easier, saving a few from frostbite.

HVAC

Jan 14, 2013, 2:58:04 PM1/14/13
On 1/14/2013 2:19 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

>> As the old saying goes,....."Those who can, do,......Those who can't,
>> teach"
>
> That’s a separate question to what can usefully be taught tho.
>
> Yes, some of the smartest people can actually teach themselves
> to read and write, but most benefit from a bit of teaching in those
> areas, even if its just being selective about what they are encouraged
> to read and pointing out what librarys are about with little kids.

Blast is a failure. At life and as at a lesbian.

Only hot young girls should be lesbians. Blast is one of those old,
flannel shirt wearing, butch lesbians that couldn't find a man who would
do her. So it was either take the cucumber or find another fat slob like
herself to fuck.

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 3:20:44 PM1/14/13

Mahipal wrote:
> On Jan 14, 11:20 am, "Bast" <faken...@nomail.invalid> wrote:
>> Marvin the Martian wrote:

The act is just what the media wants, some old stodgy "expert" explaining
dry formulas, doesn't hold viewers.
And why "the Learning Channel" offers us honey boo boo, or History
Channel,.... offers us "ancient aliens", and pawn brokers.

Heck, the dumbing down of the masses all started on the big 3 networks when
Dr. Phil was offered as being an expert, with a 2 year psychology diploma
from a bird University, that he could have gotten by mail order

> Somehow Michio is always way too familiar with all the absurd ideas
> that anybody has ever proposed. It's like his staff is stalking Usenet
> like sharks. Which is actually a more scary idea than at first
> glance.

As above,...he gives the media what they want, ...as scripted.

> It would be funny to see Kaku and Sheldon on TBBT compete on filling
> up whiteboards. Media mafia is very incestuous and they know it.
>
> Morgan Freeman, a name Lincoln would've adored, with his dark matter
> waving palms, is funny too. All his 321million episodes begin with
> "When I was young and or a kid.... Science prepared me to see my hands
> waving before me... like this and this and that."
>
> Enjo(y)... Cheers!

Morgan Freeman doesn't know it all,.....that's why they also get Patrick
Stuart to tell us about Space Travel.
.....At least when William Shatner isn't available. <g>

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 3:26:26 PM1/14/13

Rod Speed wrote:
> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> Marvin the Martian wrote:

> That�s not right, you can also expose them to techniques like
> randomised double blind trials that have been invented that
> are very effective at working out what works and what doesn�t.
>
>> As the old saying goes,....."Those who can, do,......Those who can't,
>> teach"
>
> That�s a separate question to what can usefully be taught tho.
>
> Yes, some of the smartest people can actually teach themselves
> to read and write, but most benefit from a bit of teaching in those
> areas, even if its just being selective about what they are encouraged
> to read and pointing out what librarys are about with little kids.
>
>> ...And I dare you to find a professor in ANY school, who will teach you
>> that.
>
> There are plenty that have done that. Even you should be able to
> find them using google.

Are you referring to the "google.com" that posts the TRUTHS, of the highest
bidders ?

Marvin the Martian

Jan 14, 2013, 4:38:14 PM1/14/13
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:20:44 -0500, Bast wrote:

> Mahipal wrote:

Physics IS a lot of dry formulas. People see these programs and then come
to physics class and expect to be entertained. "Where's the show? Are we
doing string theory or GR"? No, damnit! We're doing friction and energy
on an inclined plane, or the precession of a spinning top.

Hägar

Jan 14, 2013, 6:13:31 PM1/14/13

> On 1/14/2013 2:19 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
>>
>>> As the old saying goes,....."Those who can, do,......Those who can't,
>>> teach"
>>
>> That's a separate question to what can usefully be taught tho.
>>
>> Yes, some of the smartest people can actually teach themselves
>> to read and write, but most benefit from a bit of teaching in those
>> areas, even if its just being selective about what they are encouraged
>> to read and pointing out what librarys are about with little kids.
>

> Blast is a failure. At life and as at a lesbian.
>
> Only hot young girls should be lesbians. Blast is one of those old,
> flannel shirt wearing, butch lesbians that couldn't find a man who would
> do her. So it was either take the cucumber or find another fat slob like
> herself to fuck.

Wow ... he/she/it looks like Rosie O'Donnell ???
Talk about losing an erect tongue .....

Hägar

Jan 14, 2013, 6:16:22 PM1/14/13

"Marvin the Martian" <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote in message
Let's end this by just saying that Micho Kaku peddles his scientific
"smut" on the public air waves for large sums of money, while you
pollute the NGs with your whiny crap. Hope that helps.

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 6:18:44 PM1/14/13

Marvin the Martian wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:20:44 -0500, Bast wrote:
>
>> Mahipal wrote:

Of course it is. Especially theorectical physics, which BTW Kaku is
supposedly the expert in.
It is all on paper and you don't even get to play with the spinning top.

Yet he goes on TV talking about every other aspect of science, even biology
and global warming, and aliens.
Geeeesus, the guy would be even more lost without a teleprompter than Obama
or Bush.

But with a few degrees, people like Hagar just swallow everything he
parrots.
Even if his degrees have never produced any papers that offer us any
enlightenment to how things actually work.

BUT,....I'm sure he does mark his New York University class papers on time.
And is cheaper to hire than any profs from MIT.

Rod Speed

Jan 14, 2013, 7:11:26 PM1/14/13

> Rod Speed wrote:
>> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>> That�s not right, you can also expose them to techniques like
>> randomised double blind trials that have been invented that
>> are very effective at working out what works and what doesn�t.
>>
>>> As the old saying goes,....."Those who can, do,......Those who can't,
>>> teach"
>>
>> That�s a separate question to what can usefully be taught tho.
>>
>> Yes, some of the smartest people can actually teach themselves
>> to read and write, but most benefit from a bit of teaching in those
>> areas, even if its just being selective about what they are encouraged
>> to read and pointing out what librarys are about with little kids.
>>
>>> ...And I dare you to find a professor in ANY school, who will teach you
>>> that.
>>
>> There are plenty that have done that. Even you should be able to
>> find them using google.
>

> Are you referring to the "google.com" that posts the TRUTHS, of the
> highest bidders ?

They don�t with that stuff.

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 8:28:41 PM1/14/13
Gee, you two are psychic as well ?
Or perhaps I think you better ask for a refund on thise Ouiji boards.

Notice I'm not even mentioning "Glass houses"
Although it is comical that you STILL resort to cheap insults that even 5
year olds would be ashamed of, when you lose logical debates.

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 8:32:48 PM1/14/13

Rod Speed wrote:
> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> Rod Speed wrote:
>>> "Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> wrote in message

>>> ThatīŋŊs not right, you can also expose them to techniques like
>>> randomised double blind trials that have been invented that
>>> are very effective at working out what works and what doesnīŋŊt.

>>> ThatīŋŊs a separate question to what can usefully be taught tho.
>>>
>>> Yes, some of the smartest people can actually teach themselves
>>> to read and write, but most benefit from a bit of teaching in those
>>> areas, even if its just being selective about what they are encouraged
>>> to read and pointing out what librarys are about with little kids.

>>> There are plenty that have done that. Even you should be able to
>>> find them using google.
>>

>> Are you referring to the "google.com" that posts the TRUTHS, of the
>> highest bidders ?
>
> They donīŋŊt with that stuff.

Awwww, have some fun.
Type in "credible TV scientists" on Google, and be ready to laugh at the
results.

Bast

Jan 14, 2013, 8:39:03 PM1/14/13

H�gar wrote:
> "Marvin the Martian" <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 08:35:56 -0800, H�gar wrote:
>>
>>> "Marvin the Martian" <mar...@ontomars.org> wrote in message

You surprise me hagar,.....as you are at least half right.
Take a few more months of time off, as it seems to have improved your odds.
Before the rest, you were 100% full of shit.

...Tsk tsk tsk, And you say I never compliment you.

William December Starr

Jan 15, 2013, 2:41:33 AM1/15/13
In article <kd1b82$oo2$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Bast" <fake...@nomail.invalid> said:

> Marvin the Martian wrote:
>> H�gar wrote:
>>
>>> Once again, that man's educational record is beyond reproach and
>>> attached below: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku
>>>
>>> When ignorant cunts like you and HVAC can come close to the REAL
>>> scientist's education, post your diplomas. All you two have to be
>>> proud of is stained toilet paper and a collection of "Here Comes Honey
>>> Boo Boo" reruns..
>>
>> What does his education have to do with anything? Do you have a
>> reasoning disorder?
>>
>> It was pointed out he's a media whore who is out for fame and fortune by
>> pushing junk science.
>
> Poor hagar is still enamoured with pieces of paper.
> Where the rest of us know that the smartest people don't need 3 lines of
> accreditations after their name.

"Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most
intriguing."

-- wds, watching from rec.arts.sf.written

William December Starr

Jan 15, 2013, 2:47:15 AM1/15/13
In article <45udnfY97fbT_W7N...@giganews.com>,
Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> said:

> Joseph Nebus wrote:
>
>> Now I'm picturing Starmaker off in his underground,
>> basement-level
>> Lairmaker apartment, fresh with notes from the last time he was in the
>> bookstore, comparing all the names of the pop science writers and adding
>> them to the board. ``Charles Seife? Ian Stewart? Write on, young
>> fools
>> ... someday you will be mine'', he cackles, never suspecting just how
>> much excitement he'd get from that book Marc Levinson wrote about the
>> history of containerized cargo because it *just ain't pop science*,
>> danged it. He turns from the board, pours himself half a tumbler of
>> Mello Yello Zero, and looks at the portrait hung over the awful 1970's
>> cardboard imitation fireplace meant for Christmas use only, and then
>> points at it. ``And don't you think,'' he shouts to the image of Forest
>> Ray Moulton, ``that the icy hand of death has saved you from *my* wrath,
>> either!''
>>
>> Emboldened, he sits at the computer to see what Usenet has to
>> say about him today.
>
> That wasn't coherent.

I'd rate it as being at least two orders of magnitude more coherent
than Starmaker's output.

-- wds

William December Starr

Jan 15, 2013, 2:49:25 AM1/15/13
In article <D_WdnRz8MoDZnG7N...@giganews.com>,
Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> said:

> [...] but the schtick to his act is that physics is *exciting!*
> for everyone.
>
> No, it isn't. Most people find physics boring. You end up with a
> bunch of physic 101 students who want to skip mechanics and go
> straight to string theory. It results in sci.physics being filled
> with people trying to refute SR who don't even know what it IS.

I'm gonna bet that that would have happened anyway.

-- wds

Marvin the Martian

Jan 15, 2013, 8:06:38 AM1/15/13
I don't think so. The problem is that through the magic of popular Fizixs
books people have easy access to the buzzwords and the basic ideas, but
they can't do and haven't done the math or studied the physics. They
don't know that SR is completely self consistent - and consistent with
Maxwell's equations and what we know of Electromagnetism.

Some of them key on the fact that Einstein was an outrageous plagiarist
who had a planned Madison Avenue style campaign to sell his ideas and
personality. One book on his life touched on this... Most of what
Einstein "did" was really done by someone else, but the physics of SR is
sound math, valid logic and confirmed by experiment.

Hägar

Jan 15, 2013, 9:50:03 AM1/15/13

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 02:49:25 -0500, William December Starr wrote:
>
>> In article <D_WdnRz8MoDZnG7N...@giganews.com>,
>> Marvin the Martian <mar...@ontomars.org> said:
>>
>>> [...] but the schtick to his act is that physics is *exciting!* for
>>> everyone.
>>>
>>> No, it isn't. Most people find physics boring. You end up with a bunch
>>> of physic 101 students who want to skip mechanics and go straight to
>>> string theory. It results in sci.physics being filled with people
>>> trying to refute SR who don't even know what it IS.
>>
>> I'm gonna bet that that would have happened anyway.
>>
>> -- wds
>
> I don't think so. The problem is that through the magic of popular Fizixs
> books people have easy access to the buzzwords and the basic ideas, but
> they can't do and haven't done the math or studied the physics. They
> don't know that SR is completely self consistent

*** Well, that why we have you ... since you implied that YOU have
a solid grasp of SR, why don't you 'splain it to the rest of us, you blow-
hard ... mayhaps BeeertBrain can toss you a few hints.

> snip further Marvin drivel <

Marvin the Martian

Jan 15, 2013, 6:34:22 PM1/15/13
See, for example, Rindler's "Essential Relativity". I really liked that
book.

Why would I explain it to you when there are many good books out there?
All you have to do is make an effort and get a REAL physics text instead
of some junk pop-fizix book for kiddies.

IF you don't have the background to read Rindler, then you shouldn't be
posting to these newsgroups.