The Physics of UFOs (part 1 of 2)

Robert

Mar 9, 2012, 4:02:33 PM3/9/12
I am sure we all have some basic familiarity with the controversy
associated with UFO reports. I am probably one of the few interested
persons who are completely undecided about these reports. And here is
why.

Recently, I have watched and read several online evaluations by
credentialed scientists concerning speculations about the physics of
UFOs. These evaluations propose the hypothesis that the UFOs are of
exo-planetary origin, products of a highly advanced technology.

I am disappointed with these evaluations, especially as some of them
come from men whom I admire, trust and respect, such as the vaunted
Michio Kaku.

If we accept as a hypothesis (and I believe it to be a reasonable one)
that there exists life on faraway planets in our galaxy, and if we
accept that on some of those planets there are highly advanced
technological societies capable of interstellar space travel, then
there are some necessary conclusions that rule out the Hollywood
scenarios about “space invaders.”

These scenarios are ludicrous because they portray the space aliens as
being even more primitive than our current technology. For example,
we already have stealth aircraft and unmanned aerial vehicles. It is
easily foreseeable that in the next few years, we will have stealth
aircraft that are unmanned, or perhaps piloted by some form of
robotics.

In addition to this, we have semi-secret technologies such as HAARP
which portend weapons systems of the near future that will render
completely obsolete our present navies, armies and air forces. Even
more secret technologies are undoubtedly in process of development.

Therefore, the idea that space aliens will send vulnerable, easily
detectable space ships, manned by octopoid pilots, into our airspace,
and that we may then find a way to defeat them, is too ridiculous to
contemplate.

As a very simple example, why would the aliens not simply redirect a
few large asteroids to earth and literally bombard us “back into the
stone age?” This kind of stand-off attack would be completely safe
for them. So much for the idea of resistance to the aliens.

Any technology capable of interstellar travel has both methods and
motivations that are vastly beyond our comprehension.

Their methods would appear to us to be almost magical. As our own
technology advances at near exponential rates, our physicists are
already exploring ideas such as space warping, non-local entanglement,
and quantum computing.

There is therefore little doubt that a technology even a thousand
years older than ours, could exterminate humanity with barely more
thought than flicking a crumb off one’s sleeve. We would pose no more
of an obstacle to them than does an anthill to a bulldozer.

So why has this not happened? Why are we not already extinct or
conquered?

The answer must lie not only in their capabilities, but also in their
motivation. To begin with, why would an alien civilization have any
interest at all in conquering us? We have nothing they need. Such
aliens could synthesize from hydrogen, literally anything they could
desire. We would not be worth the inconvenience of the trip, much
less a military operation.

The one thing that aliens might desire from us is knowledge--- not
knowledge that we could give them, but rather, the kind of knowledge
gained from observing a newly discovered species on the ocean floor,
or observing a primitive tribe in the rainforest.

Indeed, they could already be observing us very closely, and leaving
no clue as to their presence. If our surveillance technology is
capable of photographing individual humans from 100 miles above the
earth, then it is entirely reasonable to believe that an advanced
technology could survey us in details that far surpass anything we
presently have. Combine that with electromagnetic spectrum
surveillance, and a space alien could for all practical purposes be at
your elbow this very moment, and we would have no way of knowing
this. Does a paramecium under the microscope detect the biologist?
[Continued in part 2]