How to break your leg

anony...@webmail.co.za

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

Anyone with any knowledge of the human bones (legs to be exact), leg
fractures, etc. please help me with the following question:

This may sound weird but.

1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
is less painful?

2. Is it safe to break a leg? The process that you might have described above,
is it safe to do it? Can there be any future complications if I deliberately
break my leg?

**Note: I am 18 years of age, weighs 70 kg. and are fairly skinny.

Please don't suggest a psychiatrist or whatever. I have a good reason for
asking this question. If you know of someone or a newsgroup that would be
able to assist me better in this question please forward it to that
person/newsgroup (s)

Please send at least one reply via E-mail.

Thanks in advance

Rajeev Gupte

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

anony...@webmail.co.za wrote:

> 1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg,

<snip>

> Please don't suggest a psychiatrist or whatever. I have a good reason for
> asking this question. If you know of someone or a newsgroup that would be
> able to assist me better in this question please forward it to that
> person/newsgroup (s)

Can I smell insurance fraud ?

--
Rajeev Gupte
Programme Manager

The opinions and views are those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of GEC-Marconi Avionics

Su

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

Find a good orthopedist and explain what you want and *why* you want it.

They will do one of three things:

1. Advise you.
2. Send you home.
3. Give you a referral.

anony...@webmail.co.za wrote in message
<6nat67$t1l$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Anyone with any knowledge of the human bones (legs to be exact), leg
>fractures, etc. please help me with the following question:
>
>This may sound weird but.
>
>1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
>pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
>Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
>whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
>is less painful?
>
>2. Is it safe to break a leg? The process that you might have described
above,
>is it safe to do it? Can there be any future complications if I
deliberately
>break my leg?
>
>**Note: I am 18 years of age, weighs 70 kg. and are fairly skinny.
>

>Please don't suggest a psychiatrist or whatever. I have a good reason for
>asking this question. If you know of someone or a newsgroup that would be
>able to assist me better in this question please forward it to that
>person/newsgroup (s)

RaeMorrill

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

Well, can't be a draft dodger. How bout I lend you my 80 pound shepherd cross
who moves like an express train. All you have to do is figure out how to get
him to hit your leg at top speed. You leg will snap.

Had a friend this happened to. It broke her leg (her dog, not mine).

Sheesh, just when you think you've seen everything.

<<1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
is less painful?

Rae Morrill in Maine
"Ya can't get theyuh from heeah"
_______________________________
Spam mailers WILL be reported to their respective postmasters and AOL TOSSPAM!

RaeMorrill

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

P.S. I think with any decent fracture you will be assured of more than 3 to 4
weeks.

Roy K. Park

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

There's an easy 2 step method:
1. Drink about a half case of beer.
2. Go to a local biker bar, and yell "DEATH TO THE BIKERS!"

You won't feel a thing. :) Complications may include some permanent
brain damage and paralysis, however.

FYI, it takes only about 2 lb/square inch pressure to break a bone.

In article <6nat67$t1l$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

<anony...@webmail.co.za> wrote:
>Anyone with any knowledge of the human bones (legs to be exact), leg
>fractures, etc. please help me with the following question:
>
>This may sound weird but.
>

>1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
>pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
>Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
>whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
>is less painful?

CLJ1219

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

>P.S. I think with any decent fracture you will be assured of more than 3 to 4
>weeks.

Unless you're my stubborn husband, who with a complete tibial fracture only
wore the cast for 12 days. My ortho employers were stunned.

Carol

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

CLJ1219

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

>I have a good reason for
>asking this question.

You may have a good reason for asking the question, but there is never a good
reason to intentionally inflict pain on yourself.

Perhaps you can learn from this lesson. A gentleman I knew was about to be
arrested on some fairly minor offense. He didn't want to go to jail. He shot
himself in the foot. Several months after that he had an above-the-knee
amputation done. He never served time in jail, but he has a lifelong sentence
to serve nonetheless.

Melinda S. Meahan

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

I vote for this one as the most inventive solution! ROTFL!!!

Roy K. Park wrote:

> There's an easy 2 step method:
> 1. Drink about a half case of beer.
> 2. Go to a local biker bar, and yell "DEATH TO THE BIKERS!"
>
> You won't feel a thing. :) Complications may include some permanent
> brain damage and paralysis, however.

--
CHANGE THE RETURN ADDRESS IF YOU REPLY TO THIS BY EMAIL!!!!
This address has been spamproofed and mail sent to this

Carey Gregory

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98
to anony...@webmail.co.za

anony...@webmail.co.za wrote:

> 1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
> pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
> Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
> whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
> is less painful?

3-4 weeks? Ha! You're apparently confusing your leg with your pinky finger.

There is no "least painful" way. It's going to hurt like hell.

> 2. Is it safe to break a leg?

Not at all. Not even a little.

--
Carey Gregory

BG

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

This "is" disgusting.
After slipping on something as harmless as a drawing made by a five year
old, and ending up with leg bone jumping out of its ankle spot and ended
up sitting on top of my foot, with a broken leg, and splitting ankle
into three separate bones, not being able to get up floor, my
five-year-old granddaughter telling me she was certainly *NOT* going to
drive me to the hospital, an ambulance, 3 hours of surgery, ORIF, a
cast, a moon boot, a walker, and a cane here and there when it starts to
give out, who in their right mind would want to self-abuse themselves by
wanting to break their leg. Painless? Bone pain is about the worst
there is.

I hope I read that wrong.

Oh gross.
Ptui!!

Linda Osborne wrote:

> Fonz,
>
> I can't begin to imagine the degree of suffering you have been through
> and continue to deal with. I certainly hope you regain use of your leg
> without further problems.
>
> Linda O.

Melinda S. Meahan

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

XXdigi...@mindspring.com wrote:

> I think this all depends on what country ".za" is. We might be
> talking about conscription, forced marriage, or any number of other
> things the prospect of which might seem much, much worse than a broken
> leg.

I think it's South Africa, or maybe New Zealand. I can't remember
offhand, but the "za" has something to do with some word in the native
dialect.

Melinda S. Meahan

Jun 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/30/98

XXdigi...@mindspring.com wrote:

> I think this all depends on what country ".za" is. We might be

Oh, pooh! Check this out: http://www.webmail.co.za/

.za *is* South Africa, but I betcha I could probably get an account with
this web-based email server.

Linda Osborne

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

A good quick way to fracture a toe is to have a horse step on it; quite
painful though. Being kicked by a horse while sitting on another horse
is a good way. Just let your horse get right up on the tail of another
that has his ears back. I've fallen from horses numerous times but never
had a fracture until I fell off my stick horse.

Linda O.

CLJ1219

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

>I've fallen from horses numerous times but never
>had a fracture until I fell off my stick horse.

Linda,

Sounds like something I would do. I broke a toe one time by dropping the lid
to my Mr. Teapot (or whatever it is called) on my toe. Rammed it into the wall
or door frame many times without problems but a teapot lid breaks my toe.

The Fonz

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98
to anony...@webmail.co.za

This post made me feel sick.
I broke my leg (by accident) two and a half years ago and I'm still dealing with
the aftermath (three operations, three hospitalizations, external fixator for five
months, infection, non-union, bone graft and plate, cast for three more months,
and the plates still have to be removed next year.) Do you realize that if a
fracture damages major blood vessels, amputation is usually the only
alternative? People think a broken leg is no big deal, but it is.
I've stumbled across some really bizarre sites on the net on so-called
"recreational orthopaedics" which is about people deliberately putting casts on
themselves or other people. Maybe this is where you should go. You're only 18.
Please don't endanger your life or your ability to walk by deliberately breaking
your leg!

anony...@webmail.co.za wrote:

> Anyone with any knowledge of the human bones (legs to be exact), leg
> fractures, etc. please help me with the following question:
>
> This may sound weird but.
>

> 1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
> pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
> Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
> whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
> is less painful?
>

> 2. Is it safe to break a leg? The process that you might have described above,
> is it safe to do it? Can there be any future complications if I deliberately
> break my leg?

Linda Osborne

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

XXdigi...@mindspring.com

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

BG <bar...@theprogrammers.com> wrote:

>give out, who in their right mind would want to self-abuse themselves by
>wanting to break their leg. Painless? Bone pain is about the worst
>there is.

I think this all depends on what country ".za" is. We might be

talking about conscription, forced marriage, or any number of other
things the prospect of which might seem much, much worse than a broken
leg.

Walk a mile in another's shoes, or in this case, limp a mile in his
cast ...

Peggy

Reply to digitalcmt (at) mindspring (dot) com. You'll need to remove the two XX's at the beginning of the email address.

RMJCMT

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

>1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
>pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?

Well, you could stand on the shoulder of the interstate, and when a big truck
is coming, jump out in front of it. You would be knocked unconscious (if not
dead) and would never feel either of your legs, arms, pelvis, ribs, clavicles,
neck, or head break. Quick and easy. LOL. What a nut case.

BG

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

Well, you might be right about that, but I think I would need both my
legs to run away from it, or run to safety. And I would want my mind to
be sharp so I could think my way out of a situation, and you can't do
that in pain.

Still is gross, no matter what the reason. I have walked a mile in a
moon boot. Whatever the reason, it isn't worth it.

ValerieMcC

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

In article <199807010141...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, clj...@aol.com
(CLJ1219) writes:

>Sounds like something I would do. I broke a toe one time by dropping the lid
>to my Mr. Teapot (or whatever it is called) on my toe. Rammed it into the
>wall
>or door frame many times without problems but a teapot lid breaks my toe.

Oh, the humiliation of telling that handsome ER doc that I broke my great toe
as I was carrying the recycling out to the curb, and that empty gallon wine jug
fell on it.

Val

CLJ1219

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

>Oh, the humiliation of telling that handsome ER doc that I broke my great toe
>as I was carrying the recycling out to the curb, and that empty gallon wine
>jug
>fell on it.

The only thing to ease that pain is the knowledge that as an ER doc he has
probably seen and heard everything. <G>

ValerieMcC

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

In article <199807011316...@ladder03.news.aol.com>, clj...@aol.com
(CLJ1219) writes:

>The only thing to ease that pain is the knowledge that as an ER doc he has
>probably seen and heard everything. <G>

Well...true...at least I only looked like a wino...

Val

RaeMorrill

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

Oh, the humiliation of telling that handsome ER doc that I broke my great toe
as I was carrying the recycling out to the curb, and that empty gallon wine jug
fell on it. >>

Now if you had just emptied it probably wouldn't have hurt!

Blupencl

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

I am getting a sense of deja vu - I think I've told this. Oh well. We were
having a BBQ one night, drinking beer, cooking on the grill. I was washing
dishes and a glass broke and I cut my index finger, BUT GOOD. When we went to
the ER I know I smelled like a can of beer and while I of course wasn't DRUNK,
I had tipped a few over the course of the evening.

The doc said he'd used Bier block before, but not BEER block. Very
humiliating. :)

Becky

In article <199807011303...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
valer...@aol.com (ValerieMcC) writes:

>Oh, the humiliation of telling that handsome ER doc that I broke my great toe
>as I was carrying the recycling out to the curb, and that empty gallon wine
>jug
>fell on it.
>

>Val

ValerieMcC

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

In article <199807011702...@ladder03.news.aol.com>, blup...@aol.com
(Blupencl) writes:

>I am getting a sense of deja vu - I think I've told this. Oh well. We were
>having a BBQ one night, drinking beer, cooking on the grill. I was washing
>dishes and a glass broke and I cut my index finger, BUT GOOD. When we went
>the ER I know I smelled like a can of beer and while I of course wasn't
>DRUNK,
>I had tipped a few over the course of the evening.
>
>The doc said he'd used Bier block before, but not BEER block. Very
>humiliating. :)

Oh my...especially since you KNOW he dictated..."patient smelled strongly of
alcohol"...yikes!

De Maxwell

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

I second the vote!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!

De Maxwell

Jul 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/1/98

Anonymis22,

While this is actually my girlfriend's conference, I could not resist
the temptation to reply to this one.

I can think of only 1 legitimate reason why someone would want to do
such a thing and if that's the case, see a doctor moron....

Other than that let me ask the following questions so that I can better
understand your problem:

1) Have you as of later sustained a large impact on any part of your
skull?

2) Do you have a job that you hate?

3) Are you in debit any need some financial assistance?

4) Your Mother and Father were not by any chance brother and sister were
they?

Any of the above questions could possibly address your problem....
Please seek competent
help before you do yourself some serious damage....

Take care (Figuratively speaking of course)
Joe.
(If you wish to
flame someone for this response,)
( do not pick on
De... Joe sent this one.)

>Anyone with any knowledge of the human bones (legs to be exact), leg
>fractures, etc. please help me with the following question:
>This may sound weird but.

Marie Lindsey

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

Try telling the good looking ER doctor that you drove a car over yourself.
Hurts like hell too.

Marie

David Sacco

Jul 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/7/98
On 30 Jun 1998, Roy K. Park wrote:
> FYI, it takes only about 2 lb/square inch pressure to break a bone.

Depending completely on how and where the pressure is applied. Human bone
is remarkably resistant to breakage along areas of stress (which for the
leg would be longitudinal, vertical pressure) but remarkably weak towards
torsion.

2 PSI seems like a rather low figure. Especially considering that a
pressure greater than that is exerted simply by laying your leg on an edge
surface.

Dave
http://www.pitt.edu/~drsst37/applicants

ssm...@choc-kids.org

Nov 8, 2016, 6:52:24 AM11/8/16
On Tuesday, June 30, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, anony...@webmail.co.za wrote:
> Anyone with any knowledge of the human bones (legs to be exact), leg
> fractures, etc. please help me with the following question:
>
> This may sound weird but.
>
> 1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
> pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
> Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
> whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
> is less painful?

rileyc...@bxs.org.uk

Mar 14, 2017, 2:43:25 AM3/14/17
thanks

legowo...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2017, 1:41:24 AM4/14/17
Well, you could probably use something heavy (a computer?) to bang repeatedly on your leg. Or maybe a hammer? If you have a bunk bed, jump off the top layer. If you want, use a knife and stab yourself. I know that might be a problem if you have a whole houseful of people, but yeah. You could probably lay your leg in between two solid objects that won't move easily and force yourself forwards. That makes the joint break, because you're forcing it the wrong way. Falling down hard on your knee would also work, I guess.

wabamc...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2017, 7:06:21 PM12/21/17
and jump on a trampoline with high heels on the ankle you want to break

erin....@stu.floyd.kyschools.us

Jan 21, 2019, 9:58:43 PM1/21/19
I broke my sisters leg before, I took two couch cushions put her leg in between the and jumped.

jaydahutc...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2020, 12:13:36 AM2/27/20
I want to now how do you break your leg

Anthony Scimeca

Mar 24, 2021, 11:16:55 PM3/24/21
On Tuesday, June 30, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, RaeMorrill wrote:
> P.S. I think with any decent fracture you will be assured of more than 3 to 4
> weeks.
> <<1. What is the easiest way to break your own leg, with the least possible
> pain, so that you will be unable to use that leg for at least 3-4 weeks?
> Please take this seriously. Don't say something like jumping off a roof or
> whatever. Is there any way to put for ex. a chemical on your leg so that it
> is less painful?
> Rae Morrill in Maine
> "Ya can't get theyuh from heeah"
> Spam mailers WILL be reported to their respective postmasters and AOL TOSSPAM!
Ohh yeah daddy