this may work for you!

kelvin dickerson

Nov 21, 2001, 5:00:09 AM11/21/01
Hey just wanted to spread the good news that after having prostatitis for
nearly a year. I am nearly cured from this dreadful infection. It's been
rough mentally, emotionally and physically ...but after being on antibiotics
for nearly a year. My symptoms have finally subsided.

The key is I think is finding a good doctor. After going thru several
doctors, I found one who sat me down and explained to me that it's all about
finding the right antibiotic that your system responds to.

The prostate is a very difficult vessel to get medicine into, so that's why
it takes so long to treat. It takes time to find out which antibiotic
works for you . I went thru Cipro and a whole list of of others before
finally Biaxin did the trick.

After a few months on biaxin and periodic accupunture I'm in good shape.
Another point he advised of is 2 - 3 times a week take a hot bath before
taking the medicine. After you get out the bathtub, masturbate (to open
up the prostate). That's the time you want to take the antibiotic (so it
can have a better chance of getting into the prostate). And then put a cold
ice pack on the prostate for 8 -10 minutes afterwards.

I am happy to report I'm finally getting back to normal (Drinking wine and
eating anything else I want to). This along with a blessing from God has
worked for me. And hope I pray it works for you.

My doctor is located in New York, NY. His name is Richard Firshien. 1226
park ave. Call info for his number. But if you can't get to new
york...Please find a good doctor!

Good luck and God Bless,

Kelvin

Anonymous

Nov 21, 2001, 9:21:54 AM11/21/01
"kelvin dickerson" <klove...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am nearly cured

Like most of us.

> from this dreadful infection.

Where's your proof? Cultures?

> after being on antibiotics for nearly a
> year. My symptoms have finally subsided.

It's called coincidence. Most people have waxing and waning.

> After going thru several doctors, I found
> one who sat me down and explained to
> me that it's all about finding the right
> antibiotic that your system responds to.

> .... finally Biaxin did the trick. After
> a few months on biaxin I'm in good shape.

You kept looking until you found a uro who confirmed your beliefs about
infection? Sheez! Yes, maybe your body IS responding to this antibiotic. But
not the way you think. You said Biaxin (clarithromycin) helped? See this:

Biaxin shows anti-inflammatory
properties in patients with sinusitis

SEVILLE, Feb 01 (Reuters Health) - New
data reported at the Fifth International
Conference on the Macrolides, Azalides,
Streptogramins, Ketolides and
Oxazolidinones support the role of
clarithromycin (biaxin) in modulating
immunologic responses. Dr. Qutayba A. Hamid,
from McGill University in Montreal,
Canada, presented results from a study
of 25 patients with clinically stable
chronic sinusitis and persistent maxillary
sinus inflammation who were treated
for 14 days with the macrolide antibiotic
clarithromycin, 500 mg twice daily.
Patients were evaluated at a screening
visit, on the first day of treatment, and
at 1 day, 1 week, and 2 weeks following
the completion of treatment. Before
treatment and 1 week following the end
of treatment, mucosal samples were
taken from the maxillary sinus for
biopsy testing. Dr. Hamid reported
finding statistically significant decreases
from pretreatment to posttreatment for
all markers of sinus mucosal
inflammation, including number of
macrophages, eosinophil activity, levels
of elastase, IL-6, IL-8, and tumor
necrosis factor-alpha, and edema score.
There was a trend towards a decrease
in total eosinophil count. Dr. Hamid
said that the results show that
clarithromycin's anti-inflammatory
activity is beneficial in patients who
have a persistent inflammatory reaction
in respiratory tissues.

> The prostate is a very difficult vessel to
> get medicine into, so that's why it takes so
> long to treat.

That's not true. Studies show Minimum Inhibitory Concentrations of
antibiotics in the prostate are easily achieved.

> It takes time to find out
> which antibiotic works for you.

.... as an immunomodulant.

> But if you can't get to new york...Please
> find a good doctor

A good doctor would not keep trying antibiotics, one after another, on you
for a year. Obviously.

---------------------

From: "Nick J"
Newsgroups: sci.med.prostate.prostatitis
Subject: Re: Triple antibiotic therapy BUYER BEWARE
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999

All I am going to say is I rotated 8 months of various different
antibiotics for a sinus infection, including Augmentin, Biaxin, Ceftin,
Zithromax, Cipro. It did not cure my sinus infection, and now I have
infection with geotrichum fungus in my gut (confirmed), skin (visible
painful lesions) and (strongly suspected) prostate. 9 months Nizoral has
barely touched this infection. I was on Biaxin when my prostatitis
symptoms started, and no sexual activity for several months prior.

I also have zero lactobacillus in my gut despite taking masses of
supplemental probiotics.

No doubt, antibiotics can cause potentially incurable lifelong health
problems. Then again, antibiotics have helped some individuals recover
without ill effect. As Clint Eastwood would say, you have to ask
yourself "Do you feel lucky..."

-------
Gotta love the prostatitis newsgroup: welcome to High Noise to Signal land!
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=sci.med.prostate.prostatitis
Best website: http://www.chronicprostatitis.com
Newbie Alert - niceshy...@aol.com gives advice designed to harm

Mike

Nov 21, 2001, 8:03:04 PM11/21/01
Why is it that nearly every response to a positive story someone has
about their experience is desiged to shoot that person down. I know
this condition has made us all quite pessimistic but why not accept
the positiveness of the story for what it is. Maybe we could all
benefit from it if we just went in with an open mind...

Anonymous

Nov 21, 2001, 8:07:34 PM11/21/01
"Mike" <gnos...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why is it that nearly every response to a
> positive story someone has about their
> experience is desiged to shoot that person
> down. I know this condition has made us
> all quite pessimistic but why not accept
> the positiveness of the story for what it is.
> Maybe we could all benefit from it if we
> just went in with an open mind...

Good idea. Let's all buy a year's worth of Biaxin. Mexico, here I come!

NiceShyMiamiGuy

Nov 21, 2001, 10:33:59 PM11/21/01
Thank you Dr. DS/Anon - but does "Q" do anything for baldness?? ahahahaha !!!!

>Subject: Re: this may work for you!
>From: Anonymous nob...@remailer.cryptofortress.com
>Date: 11/21/01 8:07 PM Eastern Standard Time

NiceShyMiamiGuy

Nov 21, 2001, 11:35:32 PM11/21/01
Kevin,
Ive seen some posts regarding Clarithromycin, I took Erythromycin which
should be about the same thing -- and it did nothing. Interestingly enough even
Dr. DS reports that at least one of his patients got better after taking
Biaxin. This class of antibiotics has side effects - nothing to play with
really - and they do nothing for most prostatitis patients because they do not
kill the correct bacteria. Interestingly enough they have great penetration
into the gland, but for most people they have no effect what so ever because
they are not effective against Gram- Negative pathogens.
*****

NiceShyMiamiGuy

Nov 21, 2001, 11:40:28 PM11/21/01
clarithromycin's anti-inflammatory
activity is beneficial in patients who
have a persistent inflammatory reaction
in respiratory tissues.

Kevin,
I take back my statement regading Biaxin
Clarithromycin - DS posted that one of his patients got better after taking it
and at least two other posters have done the same. One was taking for his sinus
problems and his prostititis went away. The above may be reason for your
success if it is than you just lucked out - hope you stay healthy --

http://www.fhsu.edu/nursing/otitis/clarithromycin.html

NiceShyMiamiGuy

Nov 21, 2001, 11:47:47 PM11/21/01
Kelvin,
Here is Dr. JD's take on Biaxin - from an old post.------->
Subject: Re: Clarithromycin and the Prostate
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:25:36 -0600
> PHARMACOKINETICS OF
> CLARITHROMYCIN IN THE PROSTATE:
> IMPLICATIONS FOR THE TREATMENT
> OF CHRONIC ABACTERIAL
> PROSTATITIS
>
> THE JOURNAL OF UROLOGY
> 2001;165:97-99
>
> Conclusions: The oral
> administration of clarithromycin
> achieved a prostate level much
> higher than the minimal
> inhibitory concentration of
> clarithromycin for the
> intracellular pathogens of
> chronic prostatitis.

So here we see that the "hidden bacteria" of legend are quite vulnerable
after all.

> Thus, clarithromycin may be considered
> for treating chronic abacterial
> prostatitis.

Illogical conclusion.

Questions about CPPS/CP/Prostatitis?
Visit http://cpps.jumphealth.com

Ad astra per aspera
--------------------------
Subject: Clarithromycin and the Prostate
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 14:09:11 GMT
PHARMACOKINETICS OF CLARITHROMYCIN IN THE PROSTATE: IMPLICATIONS FOR THE
TREATMENT OF CHRONIC ABACTERIAL PROSTATITIS

ARIS GIANNOPOULOS; GEORGE KORATZANIS; EVANGELOS J.
GIAMARELLOS-BOURBOULIS; CHARALAMPOS PANOU; IOANNIS ADAMAKIS;
HELEN GIAMARELLOU

>From the 4th Department of Internal Medicine and 1st Department of
Urology, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece

THE JOURNAL OF UROLOGY 2001;165:97-99

ABSTRACT

Purpose: We studied the pharmacokinetics of orally administered
clarithromycin in prostatic tissue to define its role in the treatment
of chronic abacterial prostatitis caused by intracellular pathogens.

Materials and Methods: A total of 45 men receiving 3 oral doses of 750
mg. clarithromycin at 12-hour intervals underwent suprapubic
prostatectomy for benign prostate hyperplasia 4, 5, 6 and 7 hours after
the last drug dose in 13, 12, 10 and 10 patients, Respectively.
Concentrations were determined in the prostate tissue and in plasma by
an agar diffusion assay.

Results: A mean peak level of clarithromycin of 3.22 and 3.08 g./gm. of
tissue was achieved 4 hours after the third drug dose at the center and
periphery of the adenoma, respectively. Tissue levels remained
statistically superior to plasma levels at all intervals.

Conclusions: The oral administration of clarithromycin achieved a
prostate level much higher than the minimal inhibitory concentration of
clarithromycin for the intracellular pathogens of chronic prostatitis.
Thus, clarithromycin may be considered for treating chronic abacterial
prostatitis.

Key Words: prostate; prostatitis; clarithromycin; pharmacokinetics

--

This communication is intended to provide general information, and in no
way is a substitute for face-to-face medical care. No implication of a

Best regards,
Jordan Dimitrakov, MD, PhD

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Woody Long

Nov 22, 2001, 10:08:15 PM11/22/01
niceshy...@aol.com (NiceShyMiamiGuy) wrote in message news:<20011121223359...@mb-fn.aol.com>...

> Thank you Dr. DS/Anon - but does "Q" do anything for baldness?? ahahahaha !!!!

Hey NiceShyMiamiGuy - Everbody knows baldness is caused by a bacterial
infection of the scalp - so here's what you do for your hairloss - ask
your doctor for 14 days doxy and bactrim - grow a mane like Fabio and
chicks will dig you! Ahahahahahahah

Or you could break open the Q - cut it with heroin and dissolve it in
alcohol and massage into your scalp using that big black 14 inch
vibrator you massage your prostate with. Ahahahahah

NiceShyMiamiGuy

Nov 22, 2001, 10:13:21 PM11/22/01
Thats good thats very good - I like that --