Ligajet...Good/Bad??

B3585

Jan 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/20/96
I am a freshmen at UNC dental school, and I have just been exposed to the
Ligajet. How has your practice used this in cases? Do you use it for every
patient/tooth? Is it reliable...that is, does it do the job (with
advantages?)

John R Baggett

Jan 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/21/96
to b3...@aol.com

I use one only occasionally when periapical inflammation is present and makes
conventional anesthesia inadeqate , its good for extractions or on those
that are hard to get a block on or are getting some accessory innervation.
Use only 1-2 clicks per root (unless the tooth is to be extracted.
More asesthetic than that and you will have some very sore teeth.
PS- with patients with valvular heart disease they MUST be pre Rx!!

Later

John Baggett jba...@scott.net
3704 Rockhill Road (Preferred E-Mail Address)
Birmingham AL 35223-1562
(205)967-4641 (voice) "What A Long Strange Trip It's Been"

WA2VKS

Feb 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/2/96
Hi. I've used this with good results. I only use it if I don't get
numbness with conventional injections. After 2-3 blocks, and no numbness,
I use the intralig ( similar to ligajet, ) and it almost always gets
patient numb. Make sure you don't inject too much into ligament!! You'll
get tremendous pain for 2-3 days, and possible necrotic pulp.
Gerry
Gerald D. Fox, D.D.S. WA2...@aol.com

Steve Carr

Feb 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/3/96
I have also found the Stabident injection technique very effective
especially in endodontics when it can be difficult to get complete
anesthesia

Marshall L. Horwitz

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96
Steve:
I tried the Stabident system when it first came out and had a
terrible time findind the perforations. Then this chap fro
England sent me some new perforators that are supposed to be
bigger than the old ones. To be honest... I haven't had the
courage to try them out. I would be interested in your
technique.
Thank you

Marshall Horwitz

--
Marshall L. Horwitz D.D.S.

SAUL PRESSNER

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96
to 70473...@compuserve.com
I use a trialig, from miltex, on lower molars and it is a rarity that I
don`t obtain good anesthesia from it. Occasionally, the patient may
experience some postop sensitivity in the gingiva surrounding the tooth,
but I warn them of this possibility. They usually like the idea that
their lip and tongue are not "numb." Good luck.

Allan Gross

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
Saul, We gain speak the same language. I find the ligajet approach a
definite alternative to normal injection techniques. I use both, probably
out of some loyalty to the past, but I find enhanced anesthesia with
minimum post-op problems. Just use it slowly and tell patient of possible
later discomfort.

SAUL PRESSNER

Feb 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/18/96
to VCP...@prodigy.com
Allan: Agreed. Hope all is well with you. Saul

pyro...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2016, 3:45:49 PM10/28/16
X tip is the answer to not being able to find the perforations.
Greg Moody, DMD