MuPAD News

Richard Kanarek

Jul 14, 2006, 3:00:29 AM7/14/06
Greetings.

After a long absence, I recently visited www.mupad.com. Whilst there,
I discovered that they have introduced a new version of MuPAD (version
4). As I don't recall this fact being mentioned here, I thought I
would. If this is old news, I apologize for the wasted bandwidth.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 15, 2006, 3:40:21 PM7/15/06
Richard Kanarek writes:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/70d24261bd684cd4?hl=en&

RK> they have introduced a new version of MuPAD

Why don't download a trial MuPAD 4.0 version?

Why don't have a bit of fun?

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/f6d3c0364c85d913?hl=en&

VM: A new high-performance engine for MuPAD quality assurance

Why don't check, how many of severe MuPAD bugs reported to
SciFace GmbH folks more than 12 months ago remain unfixed?

Why don't guess, when they will be fixed (if ever)?

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC
http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

Jeremy Boden

Jul 15, 2006, 8:20:08 PM7/15/06
On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 12:40 -0700, Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:
> Richard Kanarek writes:

> Richard Kanarek wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > After a long absence, I recently visited www.mupad.com. Whilst there,
> > I discovered that they have introduced a new version of MuPAD (version
> > 4). As I don't recall this fact being mentioned here, I thought I
> > would. If this is old news, I apologize for the wasted bandwidth.

I see that they don't provide a free version any more.
--
Jeremy Boden

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 15, 2006, 11:15:28 PM7/15/06

VM: A new high-performance engine for MuPAD quality assurance

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/a763dd3961b493ce?hl=en&

float( int(1/(z^14+z^2), z= 1..infinity));
numeric::int(1/(z^14+z^2), z= 1..infinity);

0.5582879258
0.0525303458

Buy MuPAD 4.0... if you really want it.

Vladimir Bondarenko, MuPAD Beta Contest First Prize winner
http://www.cas-testing.org/SciFace.phtml

VM and GEMM architect
Co-founder, CEO, Mathematical Director

http://www.cybertester.com/ Cyber Tester, LLC
http://maple.bug-list.org/ Maple Bugs Encyclopaedia
http://www.CAS-testing.org/ CAS Testing

Vladimir Bondarenko: The #1 world's CAS human tester
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/browse_frm/thread/32efb5a71bb6c7aa/5123d38af7c24ad3?#5123d38af7c24ad3

Mate

Jul 16, 2006, 8:00:29 AM7/16/06

Vladimir Bondarenko wrote:

> Vladimir Bondarenko: The #1 world's CAS human tester

I'd suggest a referendum: is it #1 or #0 ?
This is related to the old dilemma:
do the natural numbers start from 1 or from 0?

Mate

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 16, 2006, 11:18:13 PM7/16/06

MuPAD 4.0

TEST CASE: float( sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 0..infinity));
numeric::sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 0..infinity);

ACTUAL: RD_INF
RD_INF

EXPECTED: 1.535962843
1.535962843

float( sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 0..infinity));
float( sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 1..infinity));
float( sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 10..infinity));
numeric::sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 0..infinity);
numeric::sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 1..infinity);
numeric::sum(1/(1+n^5), n= 10..infinity);

RD_INF
RD_INF
RD_INF
RD_INF
RD_INF
RD_INF

VM: A new high-performance engine for MuPAD quality assurance
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/msg/a763dd3961b493ce?hl=en&

Vladimir Bondarenko, MuPAD Beta Contest First Prize winner

Craig Carey

Jul 17, 2006, 1:10:38 PM7/17/06

http://www.fuchssteiner.info/docus/fateofmupad/geschichte/incommunicado.html

[The full contents of the webpage. MuPad programmers are receive
threats
of being imprisoned.

Uh oh, lying about what German law is. Maybe this e-mail might provoke
the Russian to bother with any intelligent comment, eg. when posting in
completely worthless russian curtain poetry with a "tr" somewhere.

<http://www.fuchssteiner.info/docus/fateofmupad/geschichte/MuPADMinisterin12.2004.pdf>
>outside of the Dienstweg.
>But soon after - as expected - I was informed by the ministry, that this
>letter was sent back to the University, obviously because it was not
>sent on the Dienstweg.
>
>Like all other letters from the ministry, the letter from Januar 2005,
>which contains this information, I did not get permission to publish
>here.
>

>Line of Reasoning:
>
>Schreiben mit personenbezogenen Inhalten dürfen nicht mitgeteilt werden.
>
>Uncommented Translation:
>
>It is illegal to publish letters which contain personal data.

It a seems fascist legal line.

Also the translation is not so good, in using the word "data".

Google produced this translation:

"Letters with personal contents may not be communicated."

So data is smaller than information which itself gets less of the
document kept secret for the minister, than the idea "contents".

Here is the letter that went out to politician Kraft:

>B. Fuchssteiner • Fakultät EIM • Universität 33095 Paderborn
>Frau MinisterinHannelore Kraft
>Ministerium für
>Wissenschaft und Forschung
>Völklinger Straße 49
>40221 Düsseldorf
>
> Tel.: 05251-60-5521
> Fax: 05251-60-5534
> eMail: be...@fuchssteiner.de
> Paderborn, 23.12.2004
>
>Sehr geehrte Frau Ministerin Kraft!
>
>Dear Mrs. minister Kraft!
>
>On 20 August of this yearly I sent the letter on the official routine,
>attached as plants 1 and 3, to you. My university asked me at that time
>to be allowed to hold back this letter still some weeks in order to
>discuss with me the letter at the basis lying state of affairs.
>Unfortunately the state of affairs was then not discussed, but only
>suggestions on the new formulation of my letter and the planned
>announcement were made for me, suggestions, which I had to reject with
>good reason with letters to the rector of 30.10.2004.
>
>Today me the rector has - only on express demand explains that he did
>not pass my letter on to you, and also do not plan this to pass on,
>because I did not adhere to its formulation editions.
>
>Me this attitude of my university, for whose reputation I worked in the
>past hard and successfully, is unexplainable. [An] Insider explained to
>me, which are delay of my letter to you only taken place, because the
>university wants to prevent that perhaps your Ministry can make due to
>this letter in uncomfortable way of its organization right with the goal
>agreements which can be negotiated at present use, but I cannot give
>faith to this explanation, since I cannot imagine that a university can
>offend so lastingly against the own interests.
>
>It may be that it is no longer possible due to the lost time, to a
>solution of the problem acceptable for the country, which was
>appropriate for my letter from the 20.8 to reason to come. They
>understand however that I must decide now to write to you outside of the
>official routine since I want the reproach to be made not to be able,
>you to have not in time consulted. That I trouble you so briefly before
>Christmas with this letter, please I to excuse, this has with the fact
>to do that the rector explained to me yesterday that it was starting
>from 1.1. 2005 my service superior, and I count therefore starting from
>this time with each establishment of contact on your house on
>Repressalien.
>
>My letter of 30.10. I add likewise with (plant 4), since it in my eyes
>important additional information contain, likewise the present form of
>the planned announcement (for it however, plant 2 is perhaps anyway too
>late).
>
>Yours sincerely, your university Paderborn
>
>Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Ihr
>
>Universität Paderborn - Fakultät EIM - Mathematik - Pohlweg 98 - 33095
>Paderborn - Germany

Some of the following events, an appeal to parliament are described
here:
http://www.fuchssteiner.info/docus/fateofmupad/geschichte/how.html

>A short account of how the MuPAD project at Paderborn University was
>closed down.
>In order to achieve that goal I also was willing to put a considerable
>part of my family fortune in the new company. My initial intentions were
>laid down in a paper
http://www.fuchssteiner.info/papers/86Euromath.pdf

that gives an outline of a purpose of Mupad. The date is 1992.

http://www.fuchssteiner.info/docus/fateofmupad/geschichte/Plato22.8.05.pdf
> from which the nature and the quality of my discussion
>with the chancellor can be seen.
>
>All documents which exist, are mentioned here explicitly, and if I have
>permission to publish them, I will append them here. If any written
>statement explaining the position of my university is available
>thereafter, then I will gladly append it in the weeks to come.

The full contents of the last URL, ie. of the file "Plato22.8.05.pdf",
translated by google (Äußerungen -> ausserungen). Bits of the original
text remain.

I guess that this document is of value but it goes some way to
showing that Mr Fuchsteiner didn't realize how bad his Paderborn
university was.

If there is generalizing to other German universities, then smudgy
words be spoken against Passau university's REDLOG. I would not
mention Passau but their Internet department seems interesting.

Here's a photo of the Passau Chancellor
http://www.uni-passau.de/fileadmin/dokumente/Leitung/kanzler.jpg
http://www.uni-passau.de/597.html?&L=1
"Kanzler Ludwig Bloch Tel. 0851/509-1010".

(In case the 597.* changes, it can be found from the 2nd link of three,
named "Leitung & Organe Universitätsverwaltung", here:
http://www.uni-passau.de/leitung.html?&L=1 )

So some universities are bad eggs [I omit the question mark].

Back to Mr Fuchsteiner's comminications inside of the Paderborn
university:

PDF document (Title: Microsoft Word Plato22.8.05.doc, Created:
2005-09-23 05:28:37, Author: benno)

> [...]
| you from me. If you have things veroffentlichen, which are unfavorably
| fur the University of Paderborn or me personlich, you (!) a legal
| problem.
|
| Greeting PL
| Gruss PL

| My mail from 21 August 2005 20:30
|
| Dear Mr. chancellor, I take to the knowledge that her my indignation
| against those Suppression of my letter to my direct Service before
| laws disappointed. Wrong does to me that I do not have your fine
| “akademsichen sense”. Former chancellor Hinze would not have gone
| through sowas, that had there more Gerchtigkeitsinn. Which concerns the
| nichtakdemische Auseindersetzung, then I am afraid that those begins
| only. I become with the publication of letters on that Internet mark
| that your permission is not present.
|
| Greeting Fu
| Gruss Fu

| Their mail of 21.08.2005 16:09
|
| Dear Mr. Professor Fuchssteiner, the result of your Bemuhungen does
| wrong, it to me lay however surely not to the fact that the university
| line did not correspond to your demand request in 2004. Nevertheless I
| can understand your Enttauschung. Enttauscht was I however also more
| uber your “not-academic” legal argument with the rector. Before this
| experience I give for none of your inquiries a use permission fur any
| discussions or letters, to etc.
|
| With best greeting
| Jurgen Plato
| Mit bestem Gruss
| Jurgen Plato

| Their mail from 18 August 2005 17:18
|
| Dear Mr. chancellor, today I had to open research group and the
| employee of the company Sciface to the coworkers of the MuPAD that they
| will lose to 31.12. the yearly your places. Thus the fathers of 13
| children become unemployed. In the context of this development we
| become already in the next 2 weeks our promotion contributions the
| project Intel Foundation brought by the federation and the countries
| also into being: “Theories for the future - on-line train and together
| learn” quit mssen.
|
| I am guilty of the international user municipality of MuPAD account over
| the fact that we give straight in the moment, where we won the technical
| Fuehrerschaft in very innovative Entwicklungsund research range our
| goals up must. I become therefore over the Bemhungen and contributions
| causing the ruin one the former Presenting projects of the country
| North-Rhine/Westphalia an Internet documentation present.
|
| I please you around permission for mentioning on the one hand between us
| to 11.10 2004 led discussion in this documentation may.
|
| On the other hand I take the liberty the inquiry whether the answers of
| the minister at the basis lying evaluations of the university opposite
| the regional adviser, the one the truth pretended not appropriate
| maintained sequential negotiation between me and the university, ran

I developed some bug reports notes for MuPad. I assumed that MuPad
would have troubled years. The notes are petty, about the GUI.
Also the Maple GUI is bad.

On behalf of Herr and ever adverse the noisy Ukrainain:

Kanzler Ludwig Bloch

Unseen, not unfair (black in the national flag).

Craig Carey, Auckland, New Zealand

BlagooBlanaa

Jul 18, 2006, 3:28:27 AM7/18/06
1
"Mate" <mma...@personal.ro> wrote in message

Craig Carey

Jul 19, 2006, 12:32:22 AM7/19/06

And MuPad is only "348,00 [Euros] (incl. 16% VAT)":
https://www.mupad.org/shop/products.php/cPath/20
That "348" equates to approximately: 3266 French Francs
( http://www2.travlang.com/money/money.cgi?curr1=EUR&curr2=FRF )
239.59 UK Pounds, US$435.82

Now SciFace has begun forging bonds with the Kassel university:

http://www.sciface.com/news/?show=kassel

| Cooperation with the University of Kassel

What a horrible website Kassel university has got. Contrast with
Paris-Sud...

| SciFace Software [GmbH & Co. KG, Technologiepark 11, D-33100
| Paderborn, Deutschland] and the research group for Computational
| Mathematics of the University of Kassel, Germany, are starting a
| tight cooperation for further development of MuPAD Pro
| Headed by Prof. W. Koepf ... the scientists from Kassel will bring
| in their expertise

http://www.mathematik.uni-kassel.de/~koepf/iiforschproj.html
"hypergeometrischen Summation und Integration, angepaßt an Maple 9".
http://www.mathematik.uni-kassel.de/~koepf/indexenglish.html
| Following cooperations with the University of Göttingen, the
| Université Paris-Sud 11 and others, SciFace Software continues to
| extend its developers network, moving developing tasks from the
| University of Paderborn to other locations both inside as well as
| ousi[d]e of Germany.

The quantity of German university chancellors seems on the rise. Let
me make a list:

(1) Kassel university's chancellor:
"Dr. jur. Hans Gädeke, Kanzler":

http://cms.uni-kassel.de/uploads/pics/Gaedeke.gif (a little photo)
http://cms.uni-kassel.de/index.php?id=574 (chancellor's webpage)
http://cms.uni-kassel.de/index.php?id=hs-ltg (referring webpage).

(2) The Padeborn university chancellor
Mr Jürgen Plato (kan...@zv.uni-paderborn.de)
http://www.uni-paderborn.de/rektorat/images/plato.jpg
http://www.uni-paderborn.de/rektorat/

Also a mere trace of information on Paderborn university Mr Rektor,
Mr Nikolaus Risch.

Of Paderborn, SciFace said they are leaving:
"[and] moving developing tasks from the University of
Paderborn to other locations".

(3) Paris-Sud university: http://www.u-psud.fr/

It seems to me that the corresponding person to Mr Plato is:
Mr Jean-Pierre Leclère (Secrétaire Général de l'Université):
http://www.u-psud.fr/ja.nsf/administration2.htm!OpenPage

An image map of how power is layered, at the top of the university:
http://www.u-psud.fr/ja.nsf/organigramme.htm!OpenPage

A photo of the president:
http://www.u-psud.fr/ja.nsf/enbref.htm!OpenPage

I doubt that Paris-Sud university could tolerate the undemocratic
style of these German universities that SciFace prefers.

Also Paris-Sud seems to have little interest in symbolic algebra
and no record of any mentional interest in SciFace and their
Mupad: I did a search on "sciface" at the Orsay mathematics
laboratory:

http://www.math.u-psud.fr/

Germans at SciFace were claiming to associate with Paris-Sud and
the Paris-Sud website is consistent with French having rejected
the GMBH in all contacts, in addition to deeply lacking interest.

Nor is Kassel's pages good adverts: again no mention of SciFace,
and he much prefers Maple and also uses REDUCE.

http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~geo/saga.html
> "Séminaire *exceptionnel* Arithmétique et Géométrie Algébrique
> Conférencier: ...
> Logarithmic nonabelian Hodge theory, Vendredi 07/04/2006

(That date is Friday 6 April 2006: Roman Venus not Freyja:
http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/roman/daysweek.htm )

Richard Kanarek

Jul 20, 2006, 3:01:21 AM7/20/06
Greetings,

True, SciFace doesn't seem to provide a free-for-non-commercial-use
version of MuPAD any longer, but they do offer a reduced cost
"individual" license. Personally, I prefer the idea of the
"individual" license option: not only does it help support the
development of the program, but it also helps to support my pride. <g>
Although they do value my pride rather highly, judging by the
individual license's price. <g>

Craig Carey

Jul 23, 2006, 11:40:14 AM7/23/06
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 03:00:29 -0400, wrote:

This is my third message. I myself saw that my second here naming
Mr Risch etc., was censored and missing from the groups.google.com
website (or delayed unlike other newer messages here).

Google seems to getting misled all the time. Requests for censoring
at groups.google.com are dangerous to the agency or person asking
for censoring and so I expect Google would be able to actually
cash in on my Usenet posts, if selling out the requests for censoring.

It looks like Maple was not doing censoring.
I had censoring (now hard to prove but I found it and was careful).
The culprits are narrowed down to: Koepf, Kassel command, SciFace,
Mr Kuchssteiner, Paderborn uni staff, Paris-Sud university staff,
my ADSL ISP (on top of these things), Telecom NZ (no space here for
words).

(1) Missing (censored: Message 2 of 3 at sci.math.symbolic:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/browse_thread/thread/11becc48b8b7cf8e/70d24261bd684cd4
Now restored.

I regard Usenet as being entirely outside of Google.
Kuchssteiner knows that this is about 3 messages: a never-censored
crossposted comp.lang.ada message and a message providing the ethics
test of Google. This isn't an ethics test so in this thread, unlike
in the nz.comp thread of about 27 June 2006, I shan't name Sergey Brin
in a future message here.

I uninstalled my Mupad. Kuchssteiner might be able to coordinate
operations; eg. decide on an outcome for google: what sort of initial
price would the Telecom messages promoting nz.comp censoring be
going for. If too high then Google tends to drive up towards the EU
though that is merely frankly fanciful.

Craig Carey

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 23, 2006, 12:02:51 PM7/23/06
Craig Carey writes:

> This is my third message. [ ... ]

Thanks for the news and detailed comments.

CC> Kuchssteiner

Possibly you mean, Fuchssteiner ?

Vladimir Bondarenko

Christopher Creutzig

Jul 23, 2006, 3:21:05 PM7/23/06
Craig Carey wrote:

> This is my third message. I myself saw that my second here naming
> Mr Risch etc., was censored and missing from the groups.google.com
> website (or delayed unlike other newer messages here).

I do see all three at groups.google.de and at groups.google.com.
(17th, 19th, and 23rd of July.) Please check
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math.symbolic/browse_frm/thread/11becc48b8b7cf8e/ea36f8cb9bf59e33?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=de#ea36f8cb9bf59e33

> I had censoring (now hard to prove but I found it and was careful).
> The culprits are narrowed down to: Koepf, Kassel command, SciFace,
> Mr Kuchssteiner, Paderborn uni staff, Paris-Sud university staff,
> my ADSL ISP (on top of these things), Telecom NZ (no space here for
> words).

Since censoring is a rather serious claim, I do hope you have some
proof of this accusation? If not, I do hope for some sort of apology,
since I am included in this list of yours.

Besides, your accusations are incoherent. If you really believe that
SciFace's claims for cooperation were false, which they are not, why
should the alleged cooperation partners try to censor such a posting?

> I uninstalled my Mupad.

If you have no use for it, sure. Others find it useful, but there is
nothing that is useful to everyone. Sending comments on why you found it
not to be useful could, of course, be more useful for all CAS developers
and, indirectly, for yourself, in the long run.

> operations; eg. decide on an outcome for google: what sort of initial

I have not spoken to Prof. Fuchssteiner on this, but I would be
*extremely* surprised if he had even tried to get Google to censor
anything. From what I've read in other newsgroups, it seems Google has a
strong history of putting up notice signs for places they have been
forced to censor anyway – except Google China, of course.

Regards,
Christopher Creutzig

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 24, 2006, 2:44:16 AM7/24/06

A WARNING FOR MuPAD CUSTOMERS:

The SciFace's GmbH official MuPAD human made bug database

http://www.mupad.de/trac/query

is ridiculously small.

MuPAD 4.0

TEST CASE: sum(1/(1+n^8), n= 0..infinity)

ACTUAL: Error: Out of memory

EXPECTED: 1/8*sum(z*psi(-z), z = RootOf(1+x^8, x))

1.504062133

CHECKUP: numeric::sum(1/(1+n^8), n= 0..100)

1.504062133

Craig Carey

Jul 25, 2006, 2:14:53 AM7/25/06
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:21:05 +0200, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
..

>> I had censoring (now hard to prove but I found it and was careful).
>> The culprits are narrowed down to: Koepf, Kassel command, SciFace,
>> Mr Kuchssteiner, Paderborn uni staff, Paris-Sud university staff,
>> my ADSL ISP (on top of these things), Telecom NZ (no space here for
>> words).
>
> Since censoring is a rather serious claim, I do hope you have some
>proof of this accusation? If not, I do hope for some sort of apology,
>since I am included in this list of yours.

I did not say that censoring was by SciFace. I let my words imply
Kassel did the censoring for this thread at groups.google.com.

Rather than claiming that censoring would be serious in this case if
it had occurred, then such can be found wrong or right, using complex
reasoning over EU member state, German, or agreeable legal principle.

I intended to not save evidence, ie. the webpage. I show all of my
notes (the part about me being careful was memorized):

File "IHUG.txt" (lines 1716 to 1718, the last is wrapped only here):

| NEw entry: today is pm Thur 20 July 2006.
|
| I see that Google has again censored out a message of me at
| groups.google.com.

At Sunday morning the censoring had gone.

> Besides, your accusations are incoherent. If you really believe that
>SciFace's claims for cooperation were false, which they are not, why
>should the alleged cooperation partners try to censor such a posting?

SciFace is failed by the test that its website not be full:

http://www.sciface.com/

Ie. it has vague references to other universities, and especially
Kassel. From the photo at the Kassel website, that university has quite
old buildings.

By convention the "Company Executive Office", CEO, holds
responsibility, unless the govt investigates, in which case maybe a
board as well:

SciFace.com : The "Company" webpage:

"The CEO of SciFace is Dr. Oliver Kluge. Most of our employees are
former leading members of the MuPAD Research Group."

So that is why the company disclose how small its sales are; unless
very low confidence in the future of MuPAD does not kill sales.

Mr Cretzig is not here defending SciFace; eg. not ready to say IF
Kassel university got offered cash if permitting to turn a blind eye
to Mr Kluge makming a misleading claim that Kassel is linked.

>> I uninstalled my Mupad.

(Not recently though).

> If you have no use for it, sure. Others find it useful, but there is
>nothing that is useful to everyone. Sending comments on why you found it
>not to be useful could, of course, be more useful for all CAS developers
>and, indirectly, for yourself, in the long run.
>
>> operations; eg. decide on an outcome for google: what sort of initial
>
> I have not spoken to Prof. Fuchssteiner on this, but I would be
>*extremely* surprised if he had even tried to get Google to censor
>anything. From what I've read in other newsgroups, it seems Google has a
>strong history of putting up notice signs for places they have been
>forced to censor anyway – except Google China, of course.

Do tell me if you received the two private e-mails that I sent to you
at GMT 10:01 and 10:26 Monday 24 July 2006 (NZT is 10pm-11pm).
Sometimes it is desirable to censor Europe and decisions are made by
ANZUS; use the Internet to hunt for eventually-sure-to-be-rejected
bungling spies?.

Can MuPAD's CEO Mr Kluge let you send up letters of the chancellor
equivalent in Paris-Sud ?. For how many messages are you going to
imply that x and y is a grave matter while having nothing to say about
the other 2 universities. Or perhaps leave a record saying if I
misjudged the affairs of the competitor to Maplesoft, by ignoring the
"University of Göttingen".

It is perhaps only by chance that two German software companies have
only one person here.

Craig Carey

Jul 25, 2006, 9:15:22 AM7/25/06
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 18:14:53 +1200, Craig Carey wrote:
>On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:21:05 +0200, Christopher Creutzig wrote:

>At Sunday morning the censoring had gone.

I correct that: the time when I noticed that my 2nd message here of
this thread, had been restored back into the group.google.com
webpage, was Sunday GMT 9:59:45, 23 July 2006.

PS. Mr Benno Fuchssteiner's website has been modified and now it
says this:

"MuPAD is alive!" : http://www.fuchssteiner.info/

Previously at that website there was comments about Paderborn
university and a letter addressed to some regional minister:

"Frau MinisterinHannelore Kraft, Ministerium für Wissenschaft und
Forschung, Völklinger Straße 49, Düsseldorf"

I guess Mr Fuchssteiner got mislead and his hopes raised.

When is SciFace actually leaving Paderborn?, or was that all untrue?.
Now that he chanced to drift out here, and given that the CEO is
moused-out, when will the Company page of www.sciface.com stop
stop saying that SciFace is located inside of Paderborn university.

It is fortunate that SciFace is not writing logic software.

Craig Carey

Jul 25, 2006, 10:12:25 AM7/25/06
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:15:22 +1200, Craig Carey wrote:

>moused-out, when will the Company page of www.sciface.com stop
>stop saying that SciFace is located inside of Paderborn university.

That is corrected and HQ is situated outside of the Paderborn
university.
URL of the map: http://www.sciface.com/include/images/anfahrt.gif

Bondarenko might have quoted this, but preoccupied...

| From time to time, we may use customer information for new,
| unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy
| notice. If our information practices change at some time in the
| future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify
| you of these changes and provide you with the opportunity not to
| participate in these new uses.

The actual conduct of the staff need not have much resemblence to
the "information practices".

Oh, maybe that shuts down my comments about SciFace.

Craig Carey

Christopher Creutzig

Jul 28, 2006, 5:31:57 PM7/28/06
Craig Carey wrote:

> Mr Cretzig is not here defending SciFace; eg. not ready to say IF
> Kassel university got offered cash if permitting to turn a blind eye
> to Mr Kluge makming a misleading claim that Kassel is linked.

There *is* an official (and real, though too young to have produced
publishable results) cooperation between SciFace and Kassel University.
I have not checked the current listing at the SciFace web site, but
those partners I am aware of are genuine and I do not expect to ever see
any one that is not.

> Do tell me if you received the two private e-mails that I sent to you
> at GMT 10:01 and 10:26 Monday 24 July 2006 (NZT is 10pm-11pm).

I remember seeing some mails of yours.

> Can MuPAD's CEO Mr Kluge let you send up letters of the chancellor
> equivalent in Paris-Sud ?. For how many messages are you going to
> imply that x and y is a grave matter while having nothing to say about
> the other 2 universities. Or perhaps leave a record saying if I
> misjudged the affairs of the competitor to Maplesoft, by ignoring the
> "University of Göttingen".

I don't understand what you wish to say.,

> It is perhaps only by chance that two German software companies have
> only one person here.

Neither do I understand what or whom you are talking about here. Honestly.

To be frank, I do not intend to spend my time babbling around with
such nonsense. If you have doubts on the validity of some official
claims of SciFace, please feel free to openly address them. Please do so
in some civilized manner; i.e., do not simply claim SciFace was lying or
anything like that, especially since you do not seem to use the methods
available for verification, such as sending a polite mail to, say, Prof
Koepf requesting a comment on whether his name is used with permission;
just ask. I am not going to reply to insults or rude accusations.

Christopher

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 28, 2006, 7:05:38 PM7/28/06

http://www.uni-kassel.de/uk/

University of Kassel Monchebergstrasse 19
34109 Kassel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kassel

Kassel (until 1926 officially Cassel) is a city situated along
the Fulda River in northern Hesse, Germany, one of the two sources
of the Weser river. It is the administrative seat of the Kassel
administrative region (Regierungsbezirk) and of the district
(Kreis) of the same name. The city has 194,464 inhabitants (2005)
and covers an area of 106.77 square kilometres.

http://www.uni-paderborn.de/en/universitaet/

Universitat Paderborn Warburger Str. 100
D-33098 Paderborn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paderborn

Paderborn is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany, capital
of the Paderborn district. Its geographical location is 51°43'N
8°45'E, and it has a population of approximately 142,000, of
which 8% are students at the local university and about 10,000
are members or former members of the British armed forces. The
vast majority of the armed forces' and families are located in
the Sennelager ward, due to the proximity of the large barracks
on Bielefelder Strasse.

Vladimir Bondarenko

Jul 28, 2006, 7:14:48 PM7/28/06

A WARNING FOR MuPAD CUSTOMERS:

The SciFace's GmbH official MuPAD human made bug database

http://www.mupad.de/trac/query

is ridiculously small.

MuPAD 4.0

TEST CASE: numeric::sum(1/(1+n^8), n= 0..infinity);

ACTUAL: 1.50442837 - 0.001767824392 I

EXPECTED: 1.504062133

CHECKUP: numeric::sum(1/(1+n^8), n= 0..1000);

1.504062133

COMMENT: numeric::sum(1/(1+n^16), n= 0..infinity);
numeric::sum(1/(1+n^32), n= 0..infinity);
numeric::sum(1/(1+n^64), n= 0..infinity);

1.500205606 - 0.001674259077 I
1.500048042 - 0.0009144914337 I
1.500012039 - 0.0004747719909 I

Craig Carey

Jul 29, 2006, 8:28:21 PM7/29/06
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:31:57 +0200, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>such nonsense. If you have doubts on the validity of some official
>claims of SciFace, please feel free to openly address them. Please do so

It seems that SciFace is not really in contact, ie. I assume that they
won't answer all questions if you stop writing.

>in some civilized manner; i.e., do not simply claim SciFace was lying or
>anything like that, especially since you do not seem to use the methods
>available for verification, such as sending a polite mail to, say, Prof
>Koepf requesting a comment on whether his name is used with permission;

I never wrote to Mr Koepf since imagining that the university will be
too secretive towards Mr Koepf and in the future, he would have a
problem resembling Mr Fuchssteiner's failure to get documents from his
Padeborn university. So now both of us happen to evade a checkup by
predicting (maybe at least a year ahead) on outcomes of Kassel
university.

>just ask. I am not going to reply to insults or rude accusations.

Mr Koepfs personal interests didn't seem to be interests that people
would pay for. It is imagined that a German accountant would involve
Kassel if that was a way to get a minister to restore funding.

Can you grab the percentage figures from Mr Kluge ?. Are you still a
programmer of SciFace ?. What about my "late on Vendredi" comment in
the ("rude") private e-mail. Is there any cause for concern about
the SciFace company?.

Craig Carey

Jul 30, 2006, 3:42:05 AM7/30/06
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:31:57 +0200, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>available for verification, such as sending a polite mail to, say, Prof
>Koepf requesting a comment on whether his name is used with permission;
>just ask.

I guess that asking for permission is only part of the presentation of
German culture and (unless regimentation or secrecy occurs) then
outside of what is possible.

However now would be a good time to send a message into SciFace GMBH
and check that Mr Koepf can be contacted.

Due to a Eudora bug I gave up.
It won't be proper for me to write about the draft Privacy Act request
for the Google company of USA (section 10 extends coverage to e-mails
to USA from Germany).

| "10. Application of principles to information held overseas - [...]
| (2) For the purposes of principle 6 and 7, information held by an
| agency includes information held outside New Zealand.

Does SciFace know English ?.

Christopher Creutzig

Jul 30, 2006, 10:08:31 AM7/30/06
Craig Carey wrote:

> Padeborn university. So now both of us happen to evade a checkup by
> predicting (maybe at least a year ahead) on outcomes of Kassel
> university.

I am certainly not evading any checkup. I just don't think it's a good
way of spending my valuable time to dig up refutations of your
unsubstatiated claims. But here you go, although for the reason just
stated, it may well be for the last time:
http://www.mathematik.uni-kassel.de/compmath/
bottom of the page in the right frame.

> Mr Koepfs personal interests didn't seem to be interests that people
> would pay for. It is imagined that a German accountant would involve
> Kassel if that was a way to get a minister to restore funding.

I don't think any money is involved in the cooperation.

> Can you grab the percentage figures from Mr Kluge ?. Are you still a

I won't; I leave monetary decisions to Mr Kluge and expect to be
allowed technical decisions beyond the strategical ones myself.
Yes, I'm still with MuPAD, now (technically, starting on Tuesday) at
SciFace, since I decided it's sufficiently likely the company will prevail.

Regards,
Christopher

Christopher Creutzig

Jul 30, 2006, 10:11:09 AM7/30/06
Craig Carey wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:31:57 +0200, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>> available for verification, such as sending a polite mail to, say, Prof
>> Koepf requesting a comment on whether his name is used with permission;
>> just ask.
>
> I guess that asking for permission is only part of the presentation of
> German culture and (unless regimentation or secrecy occurs) then
> outside of what is possible.

It's certainly bad style to claim an affiliation with someone who does
not know anything about it. I doubt that's specific to Germany,.

> Does SciFace know English ?.

Sure. How do you expect either programming or international marketing
to work without?

Regards,
Christopher

Craig Carey

Jul 31, 2006, 11:05:47 PM7/31/06

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:08:31 +0200, Christopher Creutzig wrote:
>unsubstatiated claims. But here you go, although for the reason just
>stated, it may well be for the last time:
>http://www.mathematik.uni-kassel.de/compmath/
>bottom of the page in the right frame.

There is some text there and it definitely is not what would encourage
an overseas customer to keep paying the many upgrade costs.

> I won't; I leave monetary decisions to Mr Kluge and expect to be

No comment.

>allowed technical decisions beyond the strategical ones myself.

You are not a representative of the Paderborn symbolic mathy thing,
and though the comments are brief, darkness is imposed, it seems.
As evidence, Google might snuff the sciface.com website using future
decisions, and Creutzig seems to be ready to tell us know that
if the salary vanished, and the website, etc., no problem: too distant
from Sweden, and it would be Heil Kluge but unfortunately there was
the orchestral disharmony...

jsa...@ecn.ab.ca

Aug 2, 2006, 11:18:18 PM8/2/06
Richard Kanarek wrote:
> Personally, I prefer the idea of the
> "individual" license option: not only does it help support the
> development of the program, but it also helps to support my pride. <g>
> Although they do value my pride rather highly, judging by the
> individual license's price. <g>

Given the price charged for _Mathematica_, if they feel their product
is now just about as good, I can understand they might want to charge a
high price.

At least Maxima is now out there and available free of charge.

I wouldn't mind paying a small price for something to help support its
development... if people would only take money in other forms than
"major credit cards". Like postal money orders. Or are all the post
offices in bad neighborhoods nowadays?

John Savard