The Seven Layers of Earth

hg

Dec 14, 2007, 3:10:32 PM12/14/07
http://www.55a.net/firas/english/

http://www.55a.net/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=73&select_page=69

The Seven Layers of Earth

A Miracle of the Quran and the Prophetic Tradition

Written by Abdul-Dayem Al-Kaheel

Probing the depths of the Earth and taking pains to uncover the
secrets of its internal structure and composition, scientists came to
realize that the old myths about the Earth are scientifically
baseless. Scientists in the twentieth century decided that the Earth
consists of only three layers. Having discovered the sphericity of the
Earth, they suggested that this sphere comprises three parts; the
core, the crust which is very thin compared to the total volume of the
Earth and a third layer in between the two called The Mantle.

Evolution of the scientific facts

However, the three-layer theory didn't hold true for long, owing to
recent discoveries in Geology. Measurements and recent tests showed
that the pressure of the material of the Earth's core is immense and
reaches three million times the pressure at the surface.

Under such pressure the material transforms into the solid state,
which means that the core of the Earth is solid and is enclosed by a
liquid layer of extremely high temperature. This also means that the
core of the Earth consists of 2 layers not just one; a solid inner
core and a liquid upper core.

Measurement devices developed and scientists were able to observe a
clear distinction between the different parts of the Earth's interior.
A layer of hot rocks underneath the crust was discovered, that is the
Lithosphere. Underneath the Lithosphere are three layers distinct in
density, pressure and temperature.

Having discovered these layers, scientists found themselves dividing
the Earth into seven layers and no more. The Cut-away view below shows
these layers drawn to scale according to the recent findings of
scientists. The fact that the Earth comprises seven layers is
established. It is taught at universities and observed through
seismographs and through studying the magnetic field of the Earth.

Scientists also found out that the atom consists of seven layers which
confirms the uniformity of the creation because the system that
governs the creation of the whole universe is one, the earth consists
of seven layers and each atom on it consists of seven layers too.

The figure demonstrates the seven layers of the Earth. We note the
thin crust then the four layers of the Mantle increasing gradually in
thickness. Next is the liquid outer core then the solid inner core.
They all add up to seven layers.

The layers of the Earth are radically different in composition,
density, temperature and material. Hence, the Earth can not be
considered as one layer as was previously believed. The notion of the
seven layers is relatively new and didn't exist at the time the Quran
was revealed. Scientists in the twenty-first century concluded that
the Earth consists of seven layers, but what does the Quran have to
say about that?

What the Quran says:

Telling of the seven layers of the Heavens and the Earth, God says in
the Holy Quran:

1- He (Allah) Who created the seven heavens one above the other -
[Al Mulk: 3]

2- Allah is He Who created seven heavens and the earth the like of
them - [ Al Talaaq: 12]

The first verse is talking about two characteristics of the heavens;
their number, that is seven, and the arrangement of them (one above
the other) or 'in layers'. The second verse asserts the similarity
between the Earth and the heavens (And the Earth the like of them), so
as the heavens consist of seven layers, the earth identically consists
of seven layers.

Let's ponder on (one above the other). It denotes the layering of
the Earth, and this is what today's scientists discovered. Now we can
see that the Quran had determined the structure of the Earth, which is
in layers, and had also determined the number of these layers, that is
seven. In other words, the Quran had given a precise description of
the earth's interior, thus it preceded the scientists of the twenty-
first century by fourteen centuries in proving this fact. Isn't this a
splendid miracle of the Quran?

What the Hadith says:

Pondering on the Hadith (sayings) of Prophet Muhammad (Peace and
blessings of Allah be upon him), we'll find one that asserts the
existence of the seven layers of the earth concentric and one above
the other. The prophet (PBUH) said: (Whoever usurps even one span of
the land, his neck will be encircled because of it with seven earths)
[narrated by Al Bukhari]. Here the prophet gave another characteristic
of the layers, encirclement, by saying (will be encircled with it) and
this is how the layers truly look like, they are concentric and each
one encircles the one underneath it.

The question here is: Isn't this a great miracle of the prophet? Not
just that the Hadith determines the number of the earth's layers,
seven, and determines the arrangement of these layers, but it also
bears an indication to the sphericity of the earth.

From this article we find that the Holy Quran and the Hadith reached
these facts about the earth long before modern science did. The Quran
had given us the precise description of the earth's internal structure
(layers one above the other) and also had given us the exact number of
these layers, seven, while it took scientists long years of theorizing
and re-theorizing to come up with the same conclusions. So exalted be
Allah who said in His Holy Book : (And in the earth are portents for
those whose faith is sure- and also in yourselves, can ye then not
see) [Al Thariaat: 21-22].

Happy Trails

Dec 15, 2007, 9:54:16 AM12/15/07
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:10:32 -0800 (PST), hg <ahm...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>http://www.55a.net/firas/english/
>
>http://www.55a.net/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=73&select_page=69
>
>The Seven Layers of Earth
>
>A Miracle of the Quran and the Prophetic Tradition
>
> Written by Abdul-Dayem Al-Kaheel

If the muslim world is so fucking knowledgeable about the structure of
the earth, why don't muslims in north america, for example, pray
facing north instead of east? After all, it is the shortest distance
to Mecca.

(I have been asked on occasion, as positioning surveyor on a drilling
rig, to inform the Indonesian muslim crew members which way they
should face when praying!)

hg

Dec 15, 2007, 2:58:26 PM12/15/07
At this site answers in the direction qiblah

http://www.qiblah.us

hg

Dec 15, 2007, 3:11:15 PM12/15/07
http://www.55a.net/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=280

Qur'an is a Cosmological Sharia

By:

Dr.
Mohammad Jamil Al Habbal

Translated by : Mr. Amaged Amash

Reviewd by: Magdy Abd Al-Shafy

Qur'an is a Cosmological Sharia[a1]

Some may ask why we Moslems take Makkah as their qiblah in prayer. Why
do we go around the Kaaba that includes the Black Stone (Al Hajar Al
Aswad) in one of its sides? Why do we go around the Kaaba
anticlockwise? Why do we start every round from the Black Stone (Al
Hajar Al Aswad) salute it at the end of each, try to kiss it if
possible, or point to it while uttering the prayer (in the name of
Allah and Allah is greater)? And why are there only seven rounds
whether it is Hajj, Umra, or a supererogatory performance?

Regardless any other considerations, following these rituals without a
glance is an integral part of worshipping Allah and imitating the
Prophet (PBUH). These are things to be taken for granted and we -
being Moslems - have to obey Allah's orders in the Qur'an and the
Prophet's orders in Hadiths because he tells us: "take your rituals
from me and pray as you saw me praying."(1[a2]) It is the same case
with the soldier who obeys the orders to win the battle. Yet, whether
or not we know the foresight behind these orders, we believe for sure
that there is a benefit for us because our Creator knows us better
than we know ourselves. He says in the Qur'an: "Will He not know, (He)
Who created? And He is The Ever-Kind, The Ever-Cognizant." (The
Kingdom 14[a3])Thus, His orders are ultimately for our interest and
they suit our disposition, our nature and our surrounding universe.

Allah, the Creator, the Great and Almighty, is not in need of our
obedience or our worship. It is all for our benefit as mentioned in
the Divine Hadith: "O, my worshippers! If your first and your last
(created) and your humans and Jinn were all most pious, this would add
nothing to my dominion ..." (2[a4]) In all types of worship, there are
secrets, benefits, and foresights for the individual and the
community. So, there is nothing wrong in searching for these
foresights, benefits and hints that are in tune with the universe, the
humans, and life. For Islam is a cosmological sharia as well as a
comprehensive life system:

1) Regarding praying to Makkah at whose middle the Kaaba and the
Inviolable Mosque lie, Allah orders us in the Qur'an to do so: "So
turn your face towards the Inviolable Mosque; and wherever you are,
then turn your faces towards it." (The Cow 144[a5]) Various studies,
among which one was done by Dr. Hussein Kamal Ad Din, Head of the
Department of Survey Engineering at RiyadhUniversity, proved that
Makkah is the center of earth. Dr. Robert G. Coleman (3[a6]),
StanfordUniversity in USA, did a study on the center of earth gravity
and the point in which gravity cosmological radiations meet (the
meeting point magnetic gravitational radiations) on earth; he found
that this center is Makkah. Makkah, then, is the center of the seven
continents as well as the meeting point of magnetic gravitational
radiations. Allah describes it in the Qur'an as "the Mother of the
Towns": "And thus we have revealed to you an Arabic Qur'an, that you
may warn the Mother of the Towns and whomever are (dwelling) around
it, and to warn the Day of Gathering, wherein there is no suspicion: a
group in the Garden, and a group in the Blaze." (Counsel 7[a7])

Allah, the All-Wise, choose the Kaaba in the Inviolable Mosque, the
"the first Home laid down for mankind" (The House of Imran 96[a8]), to
be the qiblah for Moslems all over the world. Thus it is dubbed as
"the Mother of the Towns" and the Moslem nation is described as "the
middle nation": "And thus We have made you a middle nation to be
witnesses over mankind, and (for) the Messenger to be a witness over
you." (The Cow 143[a9]) Thus, the nation of Islam, which is the middle
nation in every aspect, directs to "the mother of the Towns", the
middle and center of earth; it is also the center of spiritual pull as
well as the gathering point of magnetic rays of gravity.

2) As for going around the Kaaba anticlockwise, it is consistent with
the movement of the whole universe: from the atom to the galaxy. Going
around is a cosmological phenomenon that includes everything. The
electron goes around the nucleus, the moons go around their planets,
the planets go around their suns, the suns and the stars go around the
centers of their galaxies, and even energy goes around in its paths;
all these movements are anticlockwise. It is the same direction of the
Hajji going around the Kaaba. It is a symbol of the evident phenomenon
of the whole universe: " ... and each is swimming in an orbit." (Ya Sin
40[a10]) and "...each one running to a stated term." (Thunder 2[a11])

3) As for going around the Black Stone (Al Hajar Al Aswad), which lies
in one side of the Kaaba, it may be a reference to the Black Hole.
Each of the 130 billion galaxies known to date (each has around 100
billion star as our Milky Way) goes around a specific center in which
there is that extraordinary-dense Black Hole whose density swallows up
near light and galaxies (if our Earth should become a Black Hole, its
mass would be as big as a ping pong ball; hence imagine the density
and weight of this small ball). This Black Hole holds the planets and
stars of its galaxy while going symmetrically and harmoniously around
it and prevents them from breaking loose: " ... and each is swimming in
an orbit." (Ya Sin 40) It also prevents them from colliding into one
another. In the same way, all Hajjis go around the Kaaba, and the
Black Stone (Al Hajar Al Aswad), in a splendid symmetrical and
harmonious manner that shows the Power of Allah the Almighty.

The symmetrical and harmonious non-colliding movement of the above-
mentioned planets and galaxies around the Black Hole match the words
of the Qur'an: "It does not behoove the sun to overtake the moon."(Ya
Sin 40[a12]) This applies to all planets and suns, not only to the sun
and the moon. Likewise, for the Hajjis, the Black Stone (Al Hajar Al
Aswad) is the starting and finishing point of every round as if it
were the harmonizer of their movement around the Kaaba that prevents
them from going astray in life. The Black Hole manages the turning of
the solar groups and planets and other entities in spite of their
extraordinary speed and mass that may help them break away
centrifugally; yet, due to the extraordinary pulling power of these
Black Holes, these bodies remain until Doomsday in their orbits in
such an exact system. This connotes that the Moslems should be
connected to their religion throughout their lives and should adhere
to the Divine system in what they do.

The Holy Mosque , a picture snapped from space

4) Why do we kiss the Black Stone (Al Hajar Al Aswad)? It is a stone
that neither hurts nor benefits as once Omar, may Allah be pleased
with him, said to it: "You are just a stone that neither hurts nor
benefits; if I had not seen the Prophet kissed you, I would not have
done so."(4[a13]) The foresight in this kissing may lie in this
connection between the Prophet and his nation. It is a connection of a
special kind: emotional, spiritual, and humane. It seems that the
Prophet kissed the Black Stone (Al Hajar Al Aswad) to be like a
material and sensual connection between him and his nation. Did not he
say "I wish I could see my lovers!" Some orientlists and enemies of
Islam say that kissing the Black Stone (Al Hajar Al Aswad) is a
remnant of paganism, but they do not know the wisdom behind this: it
is the love between the Prophet and his lovers who never saw each
other: "Blessed be this who sees and believes me, blessed twice be
this who believes me without seeing me."(5[a14]) "I wish I could see
my brothers, (the Companions said) aren't we your brothers O Prophet
of Allah? He replied: No, you are my Companions. My brothers are those
who come after me and believe in me without seeing me."(6[a15])The
Companions saw the Prophet, they shook hands with him, they embraced
him, and they heard the inspiration from his own mouth. This gave them
a unique advantage as the first and greatest generation. But the
believers who came after them did not experience all these material
events; yet, they believe in them. Thus it seems as if the Prophet,
through kissing the Black Stone (Al Hajar Al Aswad), wanted to reward
every one of them and convey his feelings to them by kissing the same
spot he kissed.

5) Why are there seven rounds around the Kaaba? The whole universe
moves according to exact systems and rules set by Allah the Almighty:
"and He created everything, so He has determined it an (exact)
determination." (The Criterion 2[a16]) This applies to all creatures
including man: "He created the heavens and the earth with the Truth,
and He fashioned you (and) so made fair your fashioning; and to Him is
the Destiny." (Mutual Fraud 3[a17]) "And in the earth are ayaat fro
the ones having certitude; And in your selves; do you then not
behold?" (The Winnowers 20-21[a18]) Because the Qur'an is the code for
the whole universe and the eternal words of Allah, the Creator of the
Worlds, and because the universe and the Qur'an share the same source,
there must be mutual laws and systems that govern both, especially
that the Qur'an predates the universe. One of these universal and
Qur'anic laws is the hepta system. The heavens are seven, the earths
are seven, the layers of the atmosphere are seven, the solar spectrum
has seven colors, the orbits of the atom are seven, the week is seven
days etc.

In the order of its suras, verses, and letters the Qur'an follows this
hepta system. Allah says: "And indeed We have already brought you
seven of the oft-repeated and the magnificent Qur'an." (Al Hijr
87[a19]) These seven oft-repeated verses are the Opening sura, which
follows the same rule as well. The Prophet said: "The Qur'an was
revealed in seven letters (dialects)." So, as this rule is one of the
systems that govern the whole universe, some rituals are in harmony
with it, such as the seven rounds (7[a20]) around the Kaaba, which are
an example of the harmony between the man and the universe on one
hand, and between his intuition and universal phenomena on the other.
Allah says: "(this religion is) the original disposition from Allah
upon which He originated mankind. There is no exchange for the
creation of Allah. That is the most upright religion, but most of
mankind do not know." (The Romans 30[a21])

By:

Dr. Mohammad Jamil Al Habbal

Consultant Internist and Nephrologist

Islamic scholar

E-mail: alhab...@yahoo.com

[a1]I use the word "sharia" here not only in the sense of"The Islamic
religious law, including the teachings of the Koran and the
traditional sayings of Muhammad" as defined in OED, but also in the
sense of "law or code". The word is mentioned twice in the article.

[a2]Narrated by Muslim and An-Nasaey

[a3]All translations of the meanings of the Qur'an verses mentioned
here are by Dr. Muhammad Mahmud Ghali. Yet, in the comments I mention
other three translations by Marmaduke Picktall, Abdullah Yusuf Ali,
and Muhammad Muhsin Khan Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali respectively
for comparison. It is noteworthy that the names of the suras are
sometimes translated differently in the four translations. [Should He
not know what He created? And He is the Subtile, the Aware. Should He
not know He that created? And He is the One that understands the
finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them). Should not He
Who has created know? And He is the most Kind and Courteous (to His
slaves), All-Aware (of everything).]

[a4]Narrated by Muslim (a Divine Hadith)

[a5]So turn thy face toward the Inviolable Place of Worship, and ye
(O Muslims), wheresoever ye may be, turn your faces (when ye pray)
toward it. Turn then thy face in the direction of the Sacred Mosque:
wherever ye are, turn your faces in that direction. so turn your face
in the direction of Al-Masjid Al-Haram (at Makkah). And wheresoever
you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction.

[a6]Science Magazine - Vol. 68 - P. 92 - 1992. This is his photo. He
is now Professor Emeritus at Department of Geological and
Environmental Sciences. More about him can be known from the homepage
of Stanford University.

[a7] And thus We have inspired in thee a Lecture in Arabic, that thou
mayst warn the mother-town and those around it, and mayst warn of a
day of assembling whereof there is no doubt. A host will be in the
Garden, and a host of them in the Flame. Thus have We sent by
inspiration to thee an Arabic Qur'an that thou mayest warn the Mother
of Cities and all around her and warn (them) of the Day of Assembly,
of which there is no doubt: (When) some will be in the Garden, and
some in the Blazing Fire. And thus We have revealed to you (O
Muhammad) a Qur'an in Arabic that you may warn the Mother of the Towns
(Makkah) and all around it, and warn (them) of the Day of Assembling
of which there is no doubt, when a party will be in Paradise (those
who believed in Allah and followed what Allah's Messenger brought
them) and a party in the blazing Fire (Hell)

(those who disbelieved in Allah and followed not what Allah's
Messenger brought them).

[a8] the first Sanctuary appointed for mankind The first House (of
worship) appointed for men Verily, the first House (of worship)
appointed for mankind.

[a9]Thus We have appointed you a middle nation, that ye may be
witnesses against mankind, and that the messenger may be a witness
against you. Thus have We made of you An Ummah justly balanced, that
ye might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness
over yourselves. Thus We have made you [true Muslims - real believers
of Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad and his
Sunnah (legal ways)] , a just (and the best) nation, that you be
witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad) be a witness over
you.

[a10] They float each in an orbit Each (just) swims along in (its
own) orbit (according to Law). They all float, each in an orbit.

[a11]each runeth unto an appointed term Each one runs (its course)
for a term appointed. each running (its course) for a term appointed.

[a12]It is not for the sun to overtake the moon It is not permitted
to the Sun to catch up the Moon. It is not for the sun to overtake
the moon.

[a13]Mentioned by Al Jindi under "The Merits of Makkah", Abu Al
Hassan Al Qattan in Al Mutawwallat (lit: the long Hadiths), and Al
Hakim and Al Bayhaqi under "The Divisions of Iman".

[a14]Mentioned by Imam Ahmad in his "Musnad" and Ibn Habban in his
"Sahih".

[a15] Narrated by Imam Ahmad and Abu Ya'la.

[a16]He hath created everything and hath meted out for it a measure.
It is He Who created all things, and ordered them in due proportions.
He has created everything, and has measured it exactly according to
its due measurements.

[a17] He created the heavens and the earth with truth, and He shaped
you and made good your shapes, and unto Him is the journeying. He has
created the heavens and the earth in just proportions, and has given
you shape, and made your shapes beautiful: and to Him is the final
Goal. He has created the heavens and the earth with truth, and He
shaped you and made good your shapes. And to Him is the final Return.

[a18] And in the earth are portents for those whose faith is sure,
And (also) in yourselves. Can you then not see? On the earth are signs
for those of assured Faith, and also in your own selves: will ye not
then see? And on the earth are signs for those who have Faith with
certainty. And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?

[a19] We have given thee seven of the oft-repeated (verses) and the
great Qur'an. And We have bestowed upon thee the Seven oft-repeated
(Verses) and the Grand Qur'an. And indeed, We have bestowed upon you
seven of Al-Mathani (seven repeatedly recited Verses), (i.e. Surat Al-
Fatihah) and the Grand Qur'an.

[a20]When asked about Laylat Al Qadr (i.e. the Night of
Determination), Ibn Abbas said: "Allah the Almighty is One and He
likes odd numbers. He made the week seven days; He created man from
seven (elements); He put up seven heavens and put underneath seven
earths; He gave His Prophet seven oft-repeated (verses); He prohibited
seven types of marriage among relatives; He divided inheritance into
seven groups; we prostrate in our prayer on seven bones; the Prophet
went around the Kaaba seven rounds and between Assafa and Al Marwa
seven times; he threw seven pebbles, and I think that the Night of
Determination is in the last seven days of Ramadhan." In Ad-Dorr Al
Manthour in Al Tafsir Al Ma'thor (lit: scattered pearls of
interpretation) by Imam Sayouti.(3578)

[a21]the nature (framed) of Allah, in which He hath created man.
There is no altering (the laws of) Allah's creation. That is the right
religion, but most men know not. (Establish) Allah's handiwork
according to the pattern on which He has made mankind: no change (let
there be) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the standard
Religion: but most among mankind understand not. Allah's Fitrah (i.e.
Allah's Islamic Monotheism) with which He has created mankind. No
change let there be in Khalqillah (i.e. the religion of Allah -
Islamic Monotheism), that is the straight religion, but most of men
know not.

C Rushton

Dec 15, 2007, 8:56:21 PM12/15/07
"Some may ask why we Moslems take Makkah as their qiblah in prayer."

No, some may ask whether you have me, or us, confused with someone who gives
a shit about your religious beliefs and proselytizing.

Might I gently suggest you take it elsewhere, anywhere, but refrain from
wasting bandwidth in this newsgroup.

Before anyone gets his/her panties in a bunch, I believe in freedom OF
religion. I also believe in freedom FROM religion, anyone's religion.

Aside to Happy Trails: I suppose those involved are unfamiliar with the
concept of geodesics :-)

"hg" <ahm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> http://www.55a.net/firas/english/?page=show_det&id=280
>
> Qur'an is a Cosmological Sharia
>
> By:
> Dr.
> Mohammad Jamil Al Habbal
>
> Translated by : Mr. Amaged Amash
>
> Reviewd by: Magdy Abd Al-Shafy
>
> Qur'an is a Cosmological Sharia[a1]
>
> Some may ask why we Moslems take Makkah as their qiblah in prayer.

...... Large Snip ......

Don B

Dec 16, 2007, 5:32:04 AM12/16/07
Who gives a damn about your raghead bullshit? Take it to one of the
terrorist newsgroups.