More wind jobs than coal energy

Repubs Lost Both Wars

Apr 16, 2011, 4:48:21 PM4/16/11
"Wind Now Employs More People Than Coal"

Jan 29, 2009 ...

"Here's a talking point in the green jobs debate: The wind industry
now employs
more people than coal mining in the United States."

-- www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/29/win

Peter Webb

Apr 16, 2011, 10:38:50 PM4/16/11

"Repubs Lost Both Wars" <walter_...@post.com> wrote in message

To produce one twentieth of the power.

Buster Norris

Apr 16, 2011, 11:22:04 PM4/16/11

Frauds are Exposed:

From: Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>
From: Hokey <walter_...@post.com>

Basement Bandy <walter_...@post.com>|65.88.88.252
Hokey <walter_...@post.com>|65.88.88.252
Needtuffr WikiL <walter_...@post.com>|65.88.88.252
Republiphilia <walter_...@post.com>|65.88.88.252
Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>|65.88.88.252
repukeDENIEDsenate <walter_...@post.com>|65.88.88.252

From: "Serious_slander_office at Yahuww !!!" <walter_...@post.com>
From: Republiphilia <walter_...@post.com>
From: Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>

From: "Serious_slander_office at Yahuww !!!" <walter_...@post.com>
From: Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>

Barbarian Mutual <barbarianfina...@yahoo.com>|12.40.220.253
Basement Bandy <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253
Hokey <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253
Needtuffr WikiL <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253
Repub Lost Both Wars <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253
Repubs Lost Both Wars <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253
Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>|12.40.220.253
fuxnoise <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253
hokey <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253
repukeDENIEDsenate <walter_...@post.com>|12.40.220.253

Basement Bandy <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253
Hokey <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253
Needtuffr WikiL <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253
Repub Lost Both Wars <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253
Republiphilia <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253
Repubs Lost Both Wars <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253
Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>|207.159.196.253
fuxnoise <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253
repugliars <walter_...@post.com>|207.159.196.253

Barbarian Mutual <barbarianfina...@yahoo.com>|12.199.96.253
Basement Bandy <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
Hokey <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
Needtuffr WikiL <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
Repub Lost Both Wars <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
Republiphilia <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>|12.199.96.253
fuxnoise <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
hokey <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
repukeDENIEDsenate <walter_...@post.com>|12.199.96.253
Latitude: 40.7616 Longitude: -73.7949
Host: ns2.queenslibrary.org

http://www.queenslibrary.org/

"The Queens Library, also known as the Queens Borough Public Library,
is the public library for the Borough of Queens and one of three
library systems serving New York City."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queens_Library

====================

From: "Serious_slander_office at Yahuww !!!" <walter_...@post.com>
From: Republiphilia <walter_...@post.com>
From: Transition Zone <mog...@hotmail.com>

23-02 49th Ave
Queens, NY 11101

At this address:

Bridgedale LLC
Frommer Lawrence & Haug
Mayo Studios Inc
N Y City Housing Authority
Vector Media

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=40.7423++-73.9469&sll=40.679857,-74.004807&sspn=0.007193,0.018668&g=40.6755+-74.0047&ie=UTF8&ll=40.741863,-73.945798&spn=0.000229,0.000583&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=40.741863,-73.945798&panoid=q6J2dpwqXBxWoz3Ns5Hluw&cbp=12,161.38,,0,-0.95

http://tinyurl.com/25y3hh3

Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallofshame.com/

Anonymous Infidel - the anti-political talking head

Apr 16, 2011, 11:42:44 PM4/16/11
On Apr 16, 7:38 pm, "Peter Webb"
<webbfam...@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "Repubs Lost Both Wars" <walter_even...@post.com> wrote in messagenews:3fc3e2ba-dd23-4f69...@l36g2000vbp.googlegroups.com...

> > "Wind Now Employs More People Than Coal"
>
> > Jan 29, 2009 ...
>
> > "Here's a talking point in the green jobs debate: The wind industry
> > now employs
> > more people than coal mining in the United States."
>
> > --www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/29/win
>
> To produce one twentieth of the power.
Thank god Obama's decided to bet the farm on this shit. :/ (8 dollar
gas here we come)

Joe Snodgrass

Apr 17, 2011, 7:04:04 AM4/17/11
On Apr 16, 10:38 pm, "Peter Webb"
<webbfam...@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "Repubs Lost Both Wars" <walter_even...@post.com> wrote in messagenews:3fc3e2ba-dd23-4f69...@l36g2000vbp.googlegroups.com...

> > "Wind Now Employs More People Than Coal"
>
> > Jan 29, 2009 ...
>
> > "Here's a talking point in the green jobs debate: The wind industry
> > now employs
> > more people than coal mining in the United States."
>
> > --www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/29/win
>
> To produce one twentieth of the power.

Yeah, at one fiftieth of the cost.

Peter Webb

Apr 17, 2011, 7:24:59 AM4/17/11

"Joe Snodgrass" <joe....@yahoo.com> wrote in message

_____________________
Wind power is far more expensive than coal powered electricity generation.
It costs something like 10 times as much, depending on how you measure it.

Transition Zone

Apr 19, 2011, 2:55:03 PM4/19/11
On Apr 17, 7:24 am, "Peter Webb"
<webbfam...@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:
> "Joe Snodgrass" <joe.s...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > --www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/29/win
>
> > To produce one twentieth of the power.
>
> Yeah, at one fiftieth of the cost.
>
> _____________________
> Wind power is far more expensive than coal powered electricity generation.
> It costs something like 10 times as much, depending on how you measure it.

You can't prove that. Especially with worker insurance.

Day Brown

Apr 19, 2011, 7:21:00 PM4/19/11
Elites prefer nukes and coal which concentrate power generation allowing
them to dictate the price.

Wind is distributed across the landscape with thousands of entrepreneurs
in a free market competing- which we know will drive the price down.

George Conklin

Apr 19, 2011, 8:17:52 PM4/19/11

"Day Brown" <dayb...@artelco.com> wrote in message

People used farm windmills for many years to pump water and generate
electricity. But you know why they gave it up? Because there are many
times the wind does not blow, and whole areas of the country with low
average wind speeds too.

Stephen Sprunk

Apr 19, 2011, 9:04:58 PM4/19/11
On 19-Apr-11 19:17, George Conklin wrote:
> People used farm windmills for many years to pump water and generate
> electricity. But you know why they gave it up? Because there are many
> times the wind does not blow,

Peaking and pumped-storage plants are normally sufficient for handling
unreliable generation, whether it be wind or solar.

However, what isn't well-known is that the wind can simply _stop_
blowing over vast areas in a matter of minutes. A year or two ago,
Texas had a grid emergency for that reason--and wind is only about 2% of
our energy supply so far. Pumped-storage could have solved that, but
the NIMBYs won't allow more to be built, and peaking plants can't come
online fast enough.

> and whole areas of the country with low average wind speeds too.

Modern wind turbines can handle low wind speeds; it's just less profitable.

NIMBYs are a much bigger problem, preventing units from being installed
near consumers as well as preventing new transmission lines from far-off
generating plants (of any type) to consumers.

Glen Labah

Apr 20, 2011, 2:46:40 AM4/20/11
In article <q6ednax78LCtuzPQ...@earthlink.com>,
"George Conklin" <nilkn...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> People used farm windmills for many years to pump water and generate
> electricity. But you know why they gave it up? Because there are many
> times the wind does not blow, and whole areas of the country with low
> average wind speeds too.

Our current problem here in the northwest is that the Bonneville Power
Administration doesn't like the idea of integrating the new wind power
with its hydro plants. There is a surplus of both this year, but BPA
would rather refuse the wind power and use its own hydro to fill its
contracts, rather than dump the water into the spillways and help the
fish population during the spring run.

Or, use both and reduce the power coming from the coal plant in Boardman
and "Centralia".

Apparently this all has to do with the plan hatched some years back to
operate the BPA like a private industry.

--
Please note this e-mail address is a pit of spam due to e-mail address
harvesters on Usenet. Response time to e-mail sent here is slow.

rsh...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2011, 4:52:41 AM4/20/11

umm, there are some issues. I don't know if you are willing to accept
them

first wild bird numbers and song bird numbers are dropping apparently
because they are flying into them

another thing is the glint of the sun as the windmills turn

Miles Bader

Apr 20, 2011, 5:08:50 AM4/20/11
"rsh...@gmail.com" <rsh...@gmail.com> writes:
> another thing is the glint of the sun as the windmills turn

A bit of matte paint ... :]

-miles

--
Consult, v.i. To seek another's disapproval of a course already decided on.

George Conklin

Apr 20, 2011, 9:01:37 AM4/20/11

"Stephen Sprunk" <ste...@sprunk.org> wrote in message

> On 19-Apr-11 19:17, George Conklin wrote:
>> People used farm windmills for many years to pump water and generate
>> electricity. But you know why they gave it up? Because there are many
>> times the wind does not blow,
>
> Peaking and pumped-storage plants are normally sufficient for handling
> unreliable generation, whether it be wind or solar.
>
> However, what isn't well-known is that the wind can simply _stop_
> blowing over vast areas in a matter of minutes. A year or two ago,
> Texas had a grid emergency for that reason--and wind is only about 2% of
> our energy supply so far. Pumped-storage could have solved that, but
> the NIMBYs won't allow more to be built, and peaking plants can't come
> online fast enough.
>
>> and whole areas of the country with low average wind speeds too.
>
> Modern wind turbines can handle low wind speeds; it's just less
> profitable.
>
> NIMBYs are a much bigger problem, preventing units from being installed
> near consumers as well as preventing new transmission lines from far-off
> generating plants (of any type) to consumers.

I looked into water generation from a small stream I have. It has a
drop of about 100 feet on my property, and about 6-10 gallons per minute.
There is no way to build a good dam or a lake to even out the flow. I do
have an old-fashioned water wheel. I figured only about 25 watts based on
published formulas. Not enough to do anything with. The old Sears catalog
lists average wind speed at 3 mph for most of NC. That is why you don't
have farms around here with windmills, as you do in PA.

Repubs Lost Both Wars

Apr 20, 2011, 11:16:28 AM4/20/11
On Apr 20, 9:01 am, "George Conklin" <nilknoc...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>     I looked into water generation from a small stream I have.  It has a
> drop of about 100 feet on my property, and about 6-10 gallons per minute.
> There is no way to build a good dam or a lake to even out the flow.  I do
> have an old-fashioned water wheel.  I figured only about 25 watts based on
> published formulas.  Not enough to do anything with.  The old Sears catalog
> lists average wind speed at 3 mph for most of NC.  That is why you don't
> have farms around here with windmills, as you do in PA.

You probably didn't consult with the top business leaders or physics
departments at elite colleges or universities in your area about your
land's potential, so instead you're left with the dogmatic viewpoint.

Anonymous Infidel - the anti-political talking head

Apr 20, 2011, 7:52:27 PM4/20/11
> umm, there are some issues.  I don't know if you are willing to accept
> them
>
> first wild bird numbers and song bird numbers are dropping apparently
> because they are flying into them
>
> another thing is the glint of the sun as the windmills turn
And the noise they make when they're going full speed...Like a jet
engine.

Jessica Powell

Apr 22, 2011, 1:41:10 PM4/22/11
On 4/19/2011 9:04 PM, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> On 19-Apr-11 19:17, George Conklin wrote:
>> People used farm windmills for many years to pump water and generate
>> electricity. But you know why they gave it up? Because there are many
>> times the wind does not blow,
>
> Peaking and pumped-storage plants are normally sufficient for handling
> unreliable generation, whether it be wind or solar.
>
> However, what isn't well-known is that the wind can simply _stop_
> blowing over vast areas in a matter of minutes. A year or two ago,
> Texas had a grid emergency for that reason--and wind is only about 2% of
> our energy supply so far. Pumped-storage could have solved that, but
> the NIMBYs won't allow more to be built, and peaking plants can't come
> online fast enough.
>
>> and whole areas of the country with low average wind speeds too.
>
> Modern wind turbines can handle low wind speeds; it's just less profitable.
>
> NIMBYs are a much bigger problem, preventing units from being installed
> near consumers as well as preventing new transmission lines from far-off
> generating plants (of any type) to consumers.

The good liberals in Nantucket and Cape Cod are actively blocking off
shore wind turbines there. Even if it still goes through, it needs
massive subsidies in the name of sweetheart high priced contracts with
National Grid et al.

The PHANTOM

Apr 22, 2011, 1:56:42 PM4/22/11

And migrating birds just LOVE 300 foot tall bird cuisinarts !!

Joseph D. Korman

Apr 23, 2011, 12:49:29 PM4/23/11
Do the math:

Each windmill can provide power for about 300 homes. The towers can't be placed
closer than a half km apart . These numbers come from various internet and TV
sources. How many square km of wind farms do you need to power a city of a
million homes?

It works out to over 3300 sq km or 1200 square miles!

| Joseph D. Korman |
| mailto:re...@thejoekorner.com |
| Visit The JoeKorNer at |
| http://www.thejoekorner.com |
|-------------------------------------------------|
| The light at the end of the tunnel ... |
| may be a train going the other way! |
| Brooklyn Tech Grads build things that work!('66)|
|-------------------------------------------------|
| All outgoing E-mail is scanned by NAV |

George Conklin

Apr 23, 2011, 3:22:35 PM4/23/11

"Joseph D. Korman" <joe...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> On 4/19/2011 2:55 PM, Transition Zone wrote:
>> On Apr 17, 7:24 am, "Peter Webb"
>> <webbfam...@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

>>> Yeah, at one fiftieth of the cost.
>>>
>>> _____________________
>>> Wind power is far more expensive than coal powered electricity
>>> generation.
>>> It costs something like 10 times as much, depending on how you measure
>>> it.
>> You can't prove that. Especially with worker insurance.
>>

> Do the math:
>
> Each windmill can provide power for about 300 homes. The towers can't be
> placed closer than a half km apart . These numbers come from various
> internet and TV sources. How many square km of wind farms do you need to
> power a city of a million homes?
>
> It works out to over 3300 sq km or 1200 square miles!

How much land would be needed for solar panels? Just wondering.....

Message has been deleted

George Conklin

Apr 24, 2011, 7:42:49 AM4/24/11

"ByeStander" <ByeSt...@home.com> wrote in message
> When the sun is behind the clouds, the answer would be infinite.

But that is no answer. Most of the time, we do get sunny days. And even
on cloudy ones there is some generation.

Repubs Lost Both Wars

Apr 25, 2011, 1:43:02 PM4/25/11
On Apr 24, 7:42 am, "George Conklin" <nilknoc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> "ByeStander" <ByeStan...@home.com> wrote in message
> on cloudy ones there is some generation.- Hide quoted text -

Strangely the sun stops shining. The wind stops blowing. Hmmm. Does
the sky fall, too?

Cheap arguments

The PHANTOM

Apr 25, 2011, 1:58:36 PM4/25/11
On Apr 25, 12:43 pm, Repubs Lost Both Wars <walter_even...@post.com>
wrote:
> Cheap arguments- Hide quoted text -

And thats your answer?? That's the logic I'd expect from my 4 year
grandson not some blithering useful idiot thats old enough to vote.
Have you gotten completely off the grid? Have you bought 25+ acres and
covered it in solar panels,put up 300 foot tall wind powered
generators,drilled deep enough to tap into geo thermal energy? No?
THEN WHYDAFUKK DO YOU EXPECT EVERY OTHER TOM,DICK &HARRY TO DO IT YOU
LAME BRAINED FUCKING IDIOT??!!

Repubs Lost Both Wars

Apr 25, 2011, 3:56:44 PM4/25/11

The answer is wind beat coal.

video guy - www.locoworks.com

Apr 25, 2011, 7:14:36 PM4/25/11
On Apr 25, 10:43 am, Repubs Lost Both Wars <walter_even...@post.com>
wrote:
> Cheap arguments- Hide quoted text -

"The tide goes in, the tide goes out. You can't explain that."

The PHANTOM

Apr 25, 2011, 10:11:07 PM4/25/11
On Apr 25, 2:56 pm, Repubs Lost Both Wars <walter_even...@post.com>
> > That's the logic I'd expect from my 4 year- Hide quoted text -

Beat coal?? HUH ??