Monster snowstorms still spell global warming

1 view

Harry Hope

Jan 27, 2011, 3:23:57 PM1/27/11

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/27/kaku.snowstorms.global.warming/

January 27, 2011

Monster snowstorms still spell global warming

By Michio Kaku, Special to CNN

New York (CNN) --

The weather seems to be going berserk, with more snow dumped on our
beleaguered Northeastern cities in a month than in a year, paralyzing
business and our lives.

Records are being broken even as we speak.

Common sense says that it's the freezing cold that is behind the
freaky weather.

But physics says otherwise.

Basically, snowstorms in this region arise from the collision of cold
Arctic air from Canada moving south and bumping up against warm, moist
air from the Gulf of Mexico, causing water vapor to condense and
freeze and then form snowstorms, which travel up the Northeast
corridor.

Among many factors, the amount of snow dumped is largely driven by the
amount of moisture in humid air and not so much the temperature, and
this seems to go against common sense.

(For example, if we are making ice cubes, the amount of water in the
ice tray, not the temperature, determines how much ice we can make. If
we crank down the temperature dial in our freezer, this simply makes
the ice freeze faster but does not increase the amount of ice
produced.)

There is no single smoking gun that can point us to the origin of
these monster snowstorms.

But we can focus our attention on two likely culprits.

The first is pure chance.

There are many random fluctuations in the weather due to many diverse
factors (for example, last year's weather was affected by El Ni�o).

But the second is global warming.

This also seems to violate common sense, but realize that global
warming can heat the oceans and generate more moisture, which in turn
can drive larger storms.

Last year was, in fact, tied with 2005 as the hottest year recorded
since 1880, when precise measurements began.

However, some people may object, there are vastly different weather
patterns around the world.

But realize that global warming causes swings in the weather, not a
uniform rise in world temperature.

Think of pushing a child on a swing.

By adding more energy by pushing the child farther, the child does not
suddenly rise and stop in midair.

Instead, the oscillations and swinging increase.

Similarly, the main consequence of global warming is not warming at
all but instead increasingly violent swings in the weather, with
droughts and famine in one area occurring at the same time as flooding
in another, and snowstorms in one region at the same time as hot
spells in another.

I saw this two weeks ago when I spoke in S�o Paulo, Brazil, where
there were massive, lethal mudslides caused by unrelenting, pouring
rain, which in turn might have been caused by increased moisture in
the air.

Of course, this means only that global warming is consistent with the
monster storms hitting the Northeast, not that it is the only
definitive factor.

Global warming is controversial, of course, but the controversy is
mainly over whether human activity is driving it.

There is almost uniform agreement from both sides of the debate that
the Earth is heating up, as carefully recorded by numerous ground
stations and satellites.

And as the Earth continues to heat, it means that there will be more
moisture in the air to possibly drive more monster storms and
hurricanes, simultaneously with droughts and hot spells.

So we might expect more unusual, bizarre weather patterns in the
future.

And unless something is done about it, get used to it.

Harry

tunderbar

Jan 27, 2011, 3:59:08 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 2:23 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/27/kaku.snowstorms.global.warming/
>
> January 27, 2011
>
> Monster snowstorms still spell global warming
>
> By Michio Kaku, Special to CNN

Interesting quotes:

What do oil company executives, vampires and NASA bureaucrats all have
in common? They fear solar energy.
Michio Kaku

He sounds like a real interesting "scientist".

tunderbar

Jan 27, 2011, 4:05:03 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 2:23 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

"...the controversy is mainly over whether human activity is driving
it."

No one is arguing that the globes climate doesn't or hasn't changed.

Kindly show us the actual science that shows that trace amounts of man
made co2 can cause catastrophic global warming.

Dawlish

Jan 27, 2011, 4:28:09 PM1/27/11
> made co2 can cause catastrophic global warming.- Hide quoted text -

Why? You've decided not to accept anything that has been shown to you
so far - like the rest of your compadres. Why should anyone show you
anything? Just ignore tundy and his friends and concentrate on the
science, as published by scientists.

$27 TRILLION to pay for Kyoto

Jan 27, 2011, 5:24:05 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 3:59 pm, tunderbar <tdcom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2:23 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/27/kaku.snowstorms.global.warming/
>
> > January 27, 2011
>
> > Monster snowstorms still spell global warming
>
> > By Michio Kaku, Special to CNN
>
> Interesting quotes:
>
> What do oil company executives, vampires and NASA bureaucrats all have
> in common? They fear solar energy.
> Michio Kaku
>
> He sounds like a real interesting "scientist".

He's also wrong. The NASA parasites, now the Shuttle is gone and
their jobs are in peril, are latching onto the GW bandwagon in a big
way. Looking down, not up is their new mantra, especially since the
$180B white elephant and make-work project for out-of-work Russian
nuclear scientists, the ISS, isn't getting the cash it once did.

Franklin Hummel

Jan 27, 2011, 5:42:43 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 5:24 pm, "$27 TRILLION to pay for Kyoto"
<rander3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He's also wrong.

You are the one wrong.

> The NASA parasites, now the Shuttle is gone and
> their jobs are in peril, are latching onto the GW bandwagon in a big
> way.  Looking down, not up is their new mantra, especially since the
> $180B white elephant and make-work project for out-of-work Russian
> nuclear scientists, the ISS, isn't getting the cash it once did.

This 2009 report which is from our nation's NOAA -- and *not* NASA --
predicted the following:

----------
"*United States Has More Severe Winter Storms*
Preliminary results from numerical computer simulations indicate that
the significant cold anomalies over the eastern US in winter are
associated with the decrease of the Arctic sea-ice cover in the
preceding summer-to-autumn seasons
Although there is considerable year to year variability, as summer
Arctic open water area increases over the next decades, an increasing
influence of loss of summer sea ice on northern hemisphere wind
patters can be anticipated, with resultant impacts on northern
hemisphere weather."
----------

Here is the FULL report and its link:

The *2009* report below can be read at the NOAA -- the United States'
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration -- website:
-------------------------------------
http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/future/impacts.html

*How Does Arctic Ice Loss Impact the Climate System?*

As the earth warms, the warming is amplified in the Arctic. More sea
ice melts in the summertime, and with more open water, heat from the
sun is absorbed in the ocean. With the warmer Arctic, winter freezeup
is delayed, resulting in thinner wintertime ice.
The heat absorbed into the ocean in summertime is released to the
atmosphere in the fall, warming the atmosphere and changing the
atmospheric pressure surfaces over the pole.
This dome of warm air and elevated atmospheric pressure surfaces over
the pole changes the Arctic atmospheric wind patterns, allowing
outbreaks of cold Arctic air to the south.

*Europe and East Asia Have More Severe Winter Storms*
Observational evidence shows that the recent significant cold
anomalies over the Far East in early winter and cold temperature
anomalies from Europe to Far East in late winter are associated with
the decrease of the Arctic sea-ice cover in the preceding summer-to-
autumn seasons.

*United States Has More Severe Winter Storms*
Preliminary results from numerical computer simulations indicate that
the significant cold anomalies over the eastern US in winter are
associated with the decrease of the Arctic sea-ice cover in the
preceding summer-to-autumn seasons
Although there is considerable year to year variability, as summer
Arctic open water area increases over the next decades, an increasing
influence of loss of summer sea ice on northern hemisphere wind
patters can be anticipated, with resultant impacts on northern
hemisphere weather.
--------------------
--------------------

http://www.scientus.org/Science-Method.html

Science, The Method
The scientific method taught in second level (high) schools around the
world is key to all science. Even so, it is important to realize that
there is a lot more to the workings of science including social and
creative factors. The textbook description of the scientific method
might read as below:
Observation and description of natural phenomenon.
Formulation of a testable hypothesis to explain the phenomenon.
Use the hypothesis to predict other phenomenon or results....
-------------------------------------

EXACTLY what was predicted above by NOAA is happening this Winter of
2010-2011.

Speedbump

Jan 27, 2011, 8:31:14 PM1/27/11

Whyn in the fuck should I bother when you are nothing but a narrow
minded repuke from hell

Desertphile

Jan 28, 2011, 12:51:48 PM1/28/11
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:23:57 -0500, Harry Hope
<riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/27/kaku.snowstorms.global.warming/
> January 27, 2011
> Monster snowstorms still spell global warming
> By Michio Kaku, Special to CNN
> New York (CNN) --
>
> The weather seems to be going berserk, with more snow dumped on our
> beleaguered Northeastern cities in a month than in a year, paralyzing
> business and our lives.

Yes, but it's New York, so who gives a shit?

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Desertphile

Jan 28, 2011, 12:52:51 PM1/28/11
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:59:08 -0800 (PST), tunderbar
<tdco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2:23 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/27/kaku.snowstorms.global.warming/
> > January 27, 2011
> > Monster snowstorms still spell global warming
> > By Michio Kaku, Special to CNN

> Interesting quotes:
>
> What do oil company executives, vampires and NASA bureaucrats all have
> in common? They fear solar energy.

That's funny! And true, except for the vampire part.

Desertphile

Jan 28, 2011, 12:53:20 PM1/28/11

Here you go:

http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/06/04/1003187107.abstract
http://www.aaas.org/news/press_room/climate_change/
http://aas.org/governance/resolutions.php%23climate#climate
http://portal.acs.org/portal/fileFetch/C/WPCP_011538/pdf/WPCP_011538.pdf
http://www.agu.org/sci_pol/positions/climate_change2008.shtml
http://www.aip.org/gov/policy12.html
http://www.ametsoc.org/policy/2007climatechange.html
http://www.aps.org/policy/statements/07_1.cfm
http://www.australiancoralreefsociety.org/pdf/chadwick605a.pdf
http://www.amos.org.au/publications/cid/3/t/publications
http://www.csiro.com.au/resources/State-of-the-Climate.html
http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/science/climate/position-statement.php
http://cfcas.org/pressrelease1Dec05e.htm
http://www.cmos.ca/climatechangepole.html
http://epa.gov/climatechange/index.html
http://www.eurogeologists.de/images/content/panels_of_experts/co2_geological_storage/CCS_position_paper.pdf
http://www.egu.eu/fileadmin/files/egustatement.pdf
http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:rXA5d27-secJ:academiaeuropaea.ift.uib.no/physics/EPS-2.pdf+European+Physical+Society+position+nuclear+option+papers&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari
http://www.fas.org/press/statements/_docs/08grand_challenges.html
http://www.fasts.org/images/policy-discussion/statement-climate-change.pdf
http://www.geosociety.org/positions/position10.htm
http://www.gsa.org.au/pdfdocuments/management/GreenhouseGasEmissions&ClimateChange_GSAPositionStatement_July2009.pdf
http://www.inqua.tcd.ie/documents/iscc.pdf
http://www.iugg.org/resolutions/perugia07.pdf
http://eo.ucar.edu/basics/cc_1.html
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html
http://www.rmets.org/news/detail.php?ID=332
http://royalsociety.org/landing.asp?id=1278
http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/Site/news/media_releases/2008/clim0708.aspx
http://www.aktualnosci.pan.pl/images/stories/pliki/stanowiska_opinie/2008/stanowisko_pan_131207.pdf

leona...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2011, 1:53:55 PM1/28/11
On Jan 27, 3:23 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/27/kaku.snowstorms.global.warming/
>
> January 27, 2011
>
> Monster snowstorms still spell global warming
>
> By Michio Kaku, Special to CNN
>
> New York (CNN) --
>
> The weather seems to be going berserk, with more snow dumped on our
> beleaguered Northeastern cities in a month than in a year, paralyzing
> business and our lives.
>
> Records are being broken even as we speak.
>
> Common sense says that it's the freezing cold that is behind the
> freaky weather.
>
> But physics says otherwise.

ø UTTER NONSENSE

tunderbar

Jan 28, 2011, 2:20:01 PM1/28/11
On Jan 28, 11:53 am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:
> http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdfhttp://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/06/04/1003187107.abstracthttp://www.aaas.org/news/press_room/climate_change/http://aas.org/governance/resolutions.php%23climate#climatehttp://portal.acs.org/portal/fileFetch/C/WPCP_011538/pdf/WPCP_011538.pdfhttp://www.agu.org/sci_pol/positions/climate_change2008.shtmlhttp://www.aip.org/gov/policy12.htmlhttp://www.ametsoc.org/policy/2007climatechange.htmlhttp://www.aps.org/policy/statements/07_1.cfmhttp://www.australiancoralreefsociety.org/pdf/chadwick605a.pdfhttp://www.amos.org.au/publications/cid/3/t/publicationshttp://www.csiro.com.au/resources/State-of-the-Climate.htmlhttp://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/science/climate/position-sta...http://cfcas.org/pressrelease1Dec05e.htmhttp://www.cmos.ca/climatechangepole.htmlhttp://epa.gov/climatechange/index.htmlhttp://www.eurogeologists.de/images/content/panels_of_experts/co2_geo...http://www.egu.eu/fileadmin/files/egustatement.pdfhttp://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:rXA5d27-secJ:academiaeuropaea.ift...http://www.fas.org/press/statements/_docs/08grand_challenges.htmlhttp://www.fasts.org/images/policy-discussion/statement-climate-chang...http://www.geosociety.org/positions/position10.htmhttp://www.gsa.org.au/pdfdocuments/management/GreenhouseGasEmissions&...http://www.inqua.tcd.ie/documents/iscc.pdfhttp://www.iugg.org/resolutions/perugia07.pdfhttp://eo.ucar.edu/basics/cc_1.htmlhttp://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.htmlhttp://www.rmets.org/news/detail.php?ID=332http://royalsociety.org/landing.asp?id=1278http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/Site/news/media_releases/2008/clim0708...http://www.aktualnosci.pan.pl/images/stories/pliki/stanowiska_opinie/...
>
> --http://desertphile.org

> Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water
> "Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz- Hide quoted text -

Where EXACTLY in that pile of "stuff" does it clearly state that TRACE
amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?

George

Jan 28, 2011, 2:35:32 PM1/28/11
On Jan 29, 8:20 am, tunderbar <tdcom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where EXACTLY in that pile of "stuff" does it clearly state that TRACE
> amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?

He's attempting to drown you in minutiae.
It's a technique to hide the fact that he has no evidence.
And how about that global warming over New York ?
Anywhere near the most snow ever?

Desertphile

Jan 28, 2011, 5:23:13 PM1/28/11

Tom P

Jan 28, 2011, 8:17:44 PM1/28/11
>> http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdfhttp://www.pnas.org/content/early/2010/06/04/1003187107.abstracthttp://www.aaas.org/news/press_room/climate_change/http://aas.org/governance/resolutions.php%23climate#climatehttp://portal.acs.org/portal/fileFetch/C/WPCP_011538/pdf/WPCP_011538.pdfhttp://www.agu.org/sci_pol/positions/climate_change2008.shtmlhttp://www.aip..org/gov/policy12.htmlhttp://www.ametsoc.org/policy/2007climatechange.htmlhttp://www.aps.org/policy/statements/07_1.cfmhttp://www.australiancoralreefsociety.org/pdf/chadwick605a.pdfhttp://www.amos.org.au/publications/cid/3/t/publicationshttp://www.csiro.com.au/resources/State-of-the-Climate.htmlhttp://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/science/climate/position-sta...http://cfcas.org/pressrelease1Dec05e.htmhttp://www.cmos.ca/climatechangepole.htmlhttp://epa.gov/climatechange/index.htmlhttp://www.eurogeologists.de/images/content/panels_of_experts/co2_geo...http://www.egu.eu/fileadmin/files/egustatement.pdfhtt
p://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:rXA5d27-secJ:academiaeuropaea.ift...http://www.fas.org/press/statements/_docs/08grand_challenges.htmlhttp://www.fasts.org/images/policy-discussion/statement-climate-chang...http://www.geosociety.org/positions/position10.htmhttp://www.gsa.org.au/pdfdocuments/management/GreenhouseGasEmissions&...http://www.inqua.tcd.ie/documents/iscc.pdfhttp://www.iugg.org/resolutions/perugia07.pdfhttp://eo.ucar.edu/basics/cc_1.htmlhttp://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.htmlhttp://www.rmets.org/news/detail.php?ID=332http://royalsociety.org/landing.asp?id=1278http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/Site/news/media_releases/2008/clim0708...http://www.aktualnosci.pan.pl/images/stories/pliki/stanowiska_opinie/....

>> --http://desertphile.org
>> Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water
>> "Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz- Hide quoted text -

> Where EXACTLY in that pile of "stuff" does it clearly state that TRACE
> amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?

This one:
http://www.agu.org/sci_pol/positions/climate_change2008.shtml
and this one:
http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/science/climate/position-statement.php
and this one:
http://www.fasts.org/images/policy-discussion/statement-climate-change.pdf
for a start. That took all of five minutes to find.

Claudius Denk

Jan 28, 2011, 9:16:22 PM1/28/11
On Jan 27, 12:23 pm, Harry Hope <riv...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/01/27/kaku.snowstorms.global.warming/
>
> January 27, 2011
>
> Monster snowstorms still spell global warming
>
> By Michio Kaku, Special to CNN
>
> New York (CNN) --
>
> The weather seems to be going berserk, with more snow dumped on our
> beleaguered Northeastern cities in a month than in a year, paralyzing
> business and our lives.
>
> Records are being broken even as we speak.
>
> Common sense says that it's the freezing cold that is behind the
> freaky weather.
>
> But physics says otherwise.

Physics? References?

> Basically, snowstorms in this region arise from the collision of cold
> Arctic air from Canada moving south and bumping up against warm, moist
> air from the Gulf of Mexico, causing water vapor to condense and
> freeze and then form snowstorms, which travel up the Northeast
> corridor.
>
> Among many factors, the amount of snow dumped is largely driven by the
> amount of moisture in humid air and not so much the temperature, and
> this seems to go against common sense.
>
> (For example, if we are making ice cubes, the amount of water in the
> ice tray, not the temperature, determines how much ice we can make. If
> we crank down the temperature dial in our freezer, this simply makes
> the ice freeze faster but does not increase the amount of ice
> produced.)

Wow! You have to be about a complete idiot to think that matters.

> There is no single smoking gun that can point us to the origin of
> these monster snowstorms.

Where is Michael Mann when you need him?

> But we can focus our attention on two likely culprits.
>
> The first is pure chance.
>
> There are many random fluctuations in the weather due to many diverse
> factors (for example, last year's weather was affected by El Ni o).
>
> But the second is global warming.

I think we should also include a third likely culprit, fairies
sprinkling pixie dust. I think this warrants at least as much
consideration since that and AGW are on comparable levels of
veracity.

> This also seems to violate common sense, but realize that global
> warming can heat the oceans and generate more moisture, which in turn
> can drive larger storms.
>
> Last year was, in fact, tied with 2005 as the hottest year recorded
> since 1880, when precise measurements began.

Cherry picking nonsense.

Absurd.

> And as the Earth continues to heat, it means that there will be more
> moisture in the air to possibly drive more monster storms and
> hurricanes, simultaneously with droughts and hot spells.
>
> So we might expect more unusual, bizarre weather patterns in the
> future.
>
> And unless something is done about it, get used to it.

Where's the beef? Where's the physics? We want references, not
propaganda.

leona...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2011, 11:11:09 PM1/28/11
> >>http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdfhttp://www.pnas.o...
>
> p://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:rXA5d27-secJ:academiaeuropaea.ift...http://www.fas.org/press/statements/_docs/08grand_challenges.htmlhttp.......

> >> --http://desertphile.org
> >> Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water
> >> "Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz-

> > Where EXACTLY in that pile of "stuff" does it clearly state that TRACE
> > amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?
>
> This one:http://www.agu.org/sci_pol/positions/climate_change2008.shtml

> and this one:http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/bas_research/science/climate/position-sta...
> and this one:http://www.fasts.org/images/policy-discussion/statement-climate-chang...

> for a start. That took all of five minutes to find.

ø Three bullshit links devoid of science but
replete with propaganda.

ø There is no question that the blizzards and heavy
rainfalls are part and parcel of our changing
climates. However it has nothing to do with co2
or global warming.

ø 30 Years ago, Dr Genvieve Woillard wrote that 20
years of extreme weather events would presage
the onset of reglaciation. There also will be more
hurricaines and tornados, earthquakes, volcanic
eruptions and tsunamis.

ø It should be noted there are on average 16 active
volcanos in any given week, world wide.

ø The last interglacial period ended 1,600 years ago
That interval is the natural count down to the
oncoming ice age. There is nothing to panic about
but you should button up your overcoats, and
batten your hatches.

If you live in suburbs or rural you should switch
your major appliances to natural gas or propane.
In Maine www.propanefridge.com produces a
wide range of refrigerators and freezers. Every
garage should have a gas generator to operate
things like thermostats, clocks, lamps, toasters,
and the block heaters in your vehicles.

Note that several thousand homes in the Boston
area were without heat and many died. They
are getting more snow tonight.

—— ——
There are three types of people that you
can_not_talk_into_behaving_well. The
stupid, the religious fanatic, and the evil.

1- The stupid aren't smart enough to follow the
logic of what you say. You have to tell them
what is right in very simple terms. If they do
not agree, you will never be able to change
their mind.

2- The religious fanatic: If what you say goes
against their religious belief, they will cling to
that belief even if it means their death.

3- There is no way to reform evil- not in a
million years. There is no way to convince

anthropogenic_global_warming_alarmists,

terrorists, serial killers, paedophiles, and

predators to change their evil ways, They
knew what they were doing was wrong, but
knowledge didn't stop them. It only made
them more careful in how they went about
performing their evil deeds.˙

coming

20 years of extreme weather and violent climate

Nelson

Jan 28, 2011, 11:42:55 PM1/28/11
On Jan 28, 8:17 pm, Tom P <werot...@freent.dd> wrote:
> >> --http://desertphile.org
> >> Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water
> >> "Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz- Hide quoted text -

> > Where EXACTLY in that pile of "stuff" does it clearly state that TRACE
> > amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?
>
> This one:http://www.agu.org/sci_pol/positions/climate_change2008.shtml

Ray Fischer

Jan 29, 2011, 3:09:34 AM1/29/11
tunderbar <tdco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Where EXACTLY in that pile of "stuff" does it clearly state that TRACE
>amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?

How can a TRACE amount of potassium cyanide hurt you, denier crackpot?
Why don't you ingest a tiny 50th of an ounce. It can't possibly hurt you.

Right?

--
Ray Fischer | Mendacracy (n.) government by lying
rfis...@sonic.net | The new GOP ideal

Desertphile

Jan 29, 2011, 2:13:48 PM1/29/11
On 29 Jan 2011 08:09:34 GMT, rfis...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer)
wrote:

> tunderbar <tdco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >Where EXACTLY in that pile of stuff does it clearly state that TRACE
> >amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?

Golly, all of them do that. LOL! "tunderbar" the Scientology
customer: pretend the ugly truth does not exist and maybe it will
go away.

> How can a TRACE amount of potassium cyanide hurt you, denier crackpot?
> Why don't you ingest a tiny 50th of an ounce. It can't possibly hurt you.
>
> Right?

Black Widdow spider venon takes much less than that.

leona...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2011, 3:32:22 PM1/29/11
On Jan 29, 2:13 pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2011 08:09:34 GMT, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer)
> wrote:

> > tunderbar  <tdcom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Where EXACTLY in that pile of stuff does it clearly state that TRACE
> > >amounts of man made CO2 can cause catastrophic global warming?
>
> Golly, all of them do that. LOL! "tunderbar" the Scientology
> customer: pretend the ugly truth does not exist and maybe it will
> go away.

ø Ray Fisch Balls flails ad homs by the dozen
without one iota of proof.
Now De Shit Pile adds his two cents worth.

> > How can a TRACE amount of potassium cyanide hurt you, denier crackpot?
> > Why don't you ingest a tiny 50th of an ounce.  It can't possibly hurt you.

* Tyndall was the first to correctly measure the
infrared absorptive powers of the gases nitrogen,
oxygen, water vapour, carbon dioxide, ozone,
methane, etc. He concluded that water vapour is
the strongest absorber of radiant heat in the
atmosphere and is the principal gas controlling air
temperature. Absorption by the bulk of the other
gases is negligible.

Absorption_by_the_bulk_of_the_other_gases_is_negligible.

ø Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide equals
no
more than 0.03234 of the total CO2.
-- FoS

Ray Fischer

Jan 29, 2011, 11:07:35 PM1/29/11
leona...@gmail.com <leona...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 29, 2:13 pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
>wrote:
>> On 29 Jan 2011 08:09:34 GMT, rfisc...@sonic.net (Ray Fischer)
>> wrote:

>> Golly, all of them do that. LOL! "tunderbar" the Scientology
>> customer: pretend the ugly truth does not exist and maybe it will
>> go away.
>
>ø Ray Fisch Balls flails ad homs by the dozen

How can a trace amount of pottasium cyanide hurt you, denier?