Electric flying car with 300 mile range will revolutionise passenger and cargo transport

hab...@anony.net

Apr 30, 2017, 6:54:49 AM4/30/17
Fantastic , it will even undercut normal land taxis! I want to buy
one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZbWsgAIc_c

hab...@anony.net

Apr 30, 2017, 7:00:40 AM4/30/17
Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohig71bwRUE

Award them a Nobel Prize in innovation

hab...@anony.net

Apr 30, 2017, 7:01:42 AM4/30/17

hab...@anony.net

Apr 30, 2017, 7:02:21 AM4/30/17
Uber flying electric car with 36 engines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r3kpl5Ao5s

hab...@anony.net

Apr 30, 2017, 7:03:31 AM4/30/17
Takes off vertically from your garden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZbWsgAIc_c

Poutnik

Apr 30, 2017, 7:26:52 AM4/30/17

https://lilium.com

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

Lofty Goat

Apr 30, 2017, 12:56:50 PM4/30/17
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:56:38 GMT, hab...@anony.net wrote:

> Fantastic , it will even undercut normal land taxis! I want to buy one!
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZbWsgAIc_c

You'll have a while to wait.

Do the math: you'll get enough electricity out of a modern battery to
run a ducted fan long enough vertically lift the battery, the fan and
some sort of lightweight chassis, for a few minutes. Not enough spare
energy to lift a person, let alone travel 300 miles carrying one.

Someday, sure. But not today.

--
Goat

Poutnik

Apr 30, 2017, 5:52:36 PM4/30/17
Dne 30/04/2017 v 18:56 Lofty Goat napsal(a):
The maiden flight is already a history.

--
Poutnik ( The Pilgrim, Der Wanderer )

A wise man guards words he says,
as they say about him more,
than he says about the subject.

Bob F

Apr 30, 2017, 7:59:12 PM4/30/17
On 4/30/2017 2:52 PM, Poutnik wrote:
> Dne 30/04/2017 v 18:56 Lofty Goat napsal(a):
>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:56:38 GMT, hab...@anony.net wrote:
>>
>>> Fantastic , it will even undercut normal land taxis! I want to buy one!
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZbWsgAIc_c
>>
>> You'll have a while to wait.
>>
>> Do the math: you'll get enough electricity out of a modern battery to
>> run a ducted fan long enough vertically lift the battery, the fan and
>> some sort of lightweight chassis, for a few minutes. Not enough spare
>> energy to lift a person, let alone travel 300 miles carrying one.
>>
>> Someday, sure. But not today.
>>
> The maiden flight is already a history.

Empty, for a few minutes. The quoted range and speed just do not compute
with current batteries. Imagine how far a ground car could get with
batteries capable of meeting these claims.

Zinger

May 1, 2017, 1:02:01 AM5/1/17
For bullshit! Its a scam. An Electric Jet..Wow... The air-frame
engineers that look at this must be laughing their asses off.

--
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to
the security of a free State, the right of the people
to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed

PaxPerPoten

May 1, 2017, 1:08:13 AM5/1/17
On 4/30/2017 4:52 PM, Poutnik wrote:
> Dne 30/04/2017 v 18:56 Lofty Goat napsal(a):
>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:56:38 GMT, hab...@anony.net wrote:
>>
>>> Fantastic , it will even undercut normal land taxis! I want to buy one!
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZbWsgAIc_c
>>
>> You'll have a while to wait.
>>
>> Do the math: you'll get enough electricity out of a modern battery to
>> run a ducted fan long enough vertically lift the battery, the fan and
>> some sort of lightweight chassis, for a few minutes. Not enough spare
>> energy to lift a person, let alone travel 300 miles carrying one.
>>
>> Someday, sure. But not today.
>>
> The maiden flight is already a history.

Yawn... Move on to the next tall tale!

ages who mean to govern well, but *They mean to govern*. They promise to
be good masters, *but they mean to be masters*. Daniel Webster

Jan Panteltje

May 1, 2017, 4:16:16 AM5/1/17
On a sunny day (Sun, 30 Apr 2017 16:56:00 -0700) it happened Bob F
<bobn...@gmail.com> wrote in <oe5tic$rus$1...@dont-email.me>:

>Empty, for a few minutes. The quoted range and speed just do not compute
>with current batteries. Imagine how far a ground car could get with
>batteries capable of meeting these claims.

What is the range of a Tesla?

That range is not so much flying time at that speed.
quote: <Lilium has a top speed of 250mph, a range of 300 miles>
Little over an hour battery life.

Lofty Goat

May 1, 2017, 5:29:59 PM5/1/17
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 23:52:33 +0200, Poutnik <poutni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Dne 30/04/2017 v 18:56 Lofty Goat napsal(a):
>> On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 10:56:38 GMT, hab...@anony.net wrote:
>>
>>> Fantastic , it will even undercut normal land taxis! I want to buy one!
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZbWsgAIc_c
>>
>> You'll have a while to wait.
>>
>> Do the math: you'll get enough electricity out of a modern battery to
>> run a ducted fan long enough vertically lift the battery, the fan and
>> some sort of lightweight chassis, for a few minutes. Not enough spare
>> energy to lift a person, let alone travel 300 miles carrying one.
>>
>> Someday, sure. But not today.
>>
>The maiden flight is already a history.

Its maiden flight was a demo of an incomplete and impractical system.

A power source which can deliver 10-100 MJ/Kg is required for that to be
practical. Batteries deliver on the order of 0.1-1 MJ/Kg. Fuel cells
can deliver enough MJ/Kg, but not the required rate of power.

And hopefully self-driving will be practical once that advance in energy
storage is made. Learning to fly an airplane has taught me not to trust
most people I know untrained in flying machines.

Still, when they are practical, I'll ride one. I bet it'd be fun.

--
Goat

PaxPerPoten

May 2, 2017, 12:52:32 AM5/2/17
A fairy tale.. Sounds good though. Could be the future though.