OT: Greatest Invention Ever

Rick C

Dec 12, 2019, 11:08:03 PM12/12/19
That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

bitrex

Dec 13, 2019, 12:02:21 AM12/13/19
On 12/12/19 11:07 PM, Rick C wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

Arabic numerals and/or the number "0" should probably be in the running.

"Ever" is a long time. Are the lever, inclined plane, wheel, and
organized agriculture allowed contestants?

If limited to the 20th century, for sheer impact on quality-of-life
probably vaccines/vaccination, or antibiotics.

If limited to say the past thousand years I'd say the steam engine.

bitrex

Dec 13, 2019, 12:06:44 AM12/13/19
(the modern, practical implementation of the steam engine, it was
technically invented by the Greeks I suppose.)

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 13, 2019, 12:39:04 AM12/13/19
Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote in

> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between
> the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the
> printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by
> to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

God's invention of the human eye.

Or the endorphin response center of the brain.

Especialy when gazing on a nice pretty sknatch!

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCV6paTXyCU>

Or gettin' off up in it.

She said... "I'll sock it to ya, Daddy!"

bitrex

Dec 13, 2019, 1:07:42 AM12/13/19

Jeff Layman

Dec 13, 2019, 2:43:32 AM12/13/19
On 13/12/19 04:07, Rick C wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

How about the ability to create fire where and when it is required?

--

Jeff

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 13, 2019, 3:01:22 AM12/13/19
bitrex <us...@example.net> wrote in news:JUFIF.331543$kt1.8284
@fx46.iad:
So, you 'had an organism' there, eh?

(trust me I deliberately mispelled it)

Here... try this one... It is supposed to be a cult classic.
Pretty deep though, so be ready to get into your own head.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oPHyMJnpmI>

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 13, 2019, 3:03:47 AM12/13/19
Jeff Layman <jmla...@invalid.invalid> wrote in
Yeah, that guy who got roasted by the lightning bolt and stayed lit
gave that other guy standing nearby an idea!

Andy Bennet

Dec 13, 2019, 3:54:44 AM12/13/19
On 13/12/2019 04:07, Rick C wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

The wheel does it for me.

Clive Arthur

Dec 13, 2019, 4:21:17 AM12/13/19
On 13/12/2019 04:07, Rick C wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

Anaesthesia.

Cheers
--
Clive

Jeff Layman

Dec 13, 2019, 5:53:37 AM12/13/19
Well, where there's a winner there has to be a loser... :-)

--

Jeff

tabb...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2019, 7:06:26 AM12/13/19
On Friday, 13 December 2019 04:08:03 UTC, Rick C wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

no-one has mentioned mass production. That's pretty big. Oil & gas too. Money's also useful. And tarmac. And...

NT

Jan Panteltje

Dec 13, 2019, 9:50:49 AM12/13/19
On a sunny day (Fri, 13 Dec 2019 08:54:39 +0000) it happened Andy Bennet
<an...@andy.com> wrote in <WY6dnQu_CutSzG7A...@brightview.co.uk>:
making fire was good
melting ore to use iron / gold et was goof
wheel was good
steam engine was good
electricity was very good
telegraph and later telephone was good
and then radio, RF communication, shortly later followed by TV
taxes was not so good.
nuclear power was super good.
moon trip was good

Nothing much after that... ;-) ;-)

amdx

Dec 13, 2019, 10:21:19 AM12/13/19
I'll push electricity to the top, without that, so many other great
things could not have happened.

Mikek

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 13, 2019, 10:35:02 AM12/13/19
Jan Panteltje <pNaOnSt...@yahoo.com> wrote in
A jet engine turbine. Fluid dynamics...

Steam turbine... gas turbine. Binary computing.
quantum computing.

Particle acelleration.

Hey... I know! Remote viewing. Yeah... that's it.

But you knew I was going to say that, right?

bitrex

Dec 13, 2019, 4:29:23 PM12/13/19
Yep, seen it. I thought you were following up with another musical
interlude. How about...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC0vu9V8YXw>

"You don't know 'Jungle Love?' That shit is the mad notes. Written by
God herself and sent down to the greatest band in the world: The
mother-fucking Time."

<https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261392/characters/nm0582939>

mpm

Dec 13, 2019, 7:51:26 PM12/13/19
On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11:08:03 PM UTC-5, Rick C wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press...

Easy...

Spackle (honestly, isn't this one a slam-dunk winner?)

Followed closely by #2 pencils, and bacon.

bitrex

Dec 13, 2019, 8:28:22 PM12/13/19
Latex condom

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 13, 2019, 10:27:26 PM12/13/19
mpm <mpmi...@aol.com> wrote in
God's invention of top grade cannabis. Beats them all

upsid...@downunder.com

Dec 14, 2019, 5:03:32 AM12/14/19
Controlled fire allowed cooking food, which improved digestibility
especially of meet and made it possible for the growth of the human
brain.

Bill Sloman

Dec 14, 2019, 9:21:36 AM12/14/19
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 9:03:32 PM UTC+11, upsid...@downunder.com wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 07:43:24 +0000, Jeff Layman
> <jmla...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >On 13/12/19 04:07, Rick C wrote:
> >> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.
> >>

> >How about the ability to create fire where and when it is required?
>
> Controlled fire allowed cooking food, which improved digestibility
> especially of meat and made it possible for the growth of the human
> brain.

Suzana Herculano-Houzel makes the point that the human brain is a perfectly normal primate brain in a rather large primate.

The other large primates have relatively small brains compered with smaller primate, but we invented cooking on the way to getting big which let us sustain an an in-proportion brain in a large primate.

She spelled this out in her book, which I have read.

https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/human-advantage

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

k...@notreal.com

Dec 14, 2019, 11:34:24 PM12/14/19
It's not surprising you'd think that, AlwaysWrong - Dumb as a stump
and always wrong.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 14, 2019, 11:44:32 PM12/14/19
k...@notreal.com wrote in news:pqdbve1dmf75pjqqijoeh344lk7je9nt7e@
4ax.com:

> It's not surprising you'd think that, AlwaysWrong - Dumb as a stump
> and always wrong.

Awww... looky folks! KRW... shines for you all! What we have
here is an idiot fucktard who never smoked weed in his entire 100%
pathetic, useless life.

Absolutely no surprise.

I can't wait to hear about that big chest gripper that gets you.
I sure hope that motherfucker hurts, you school marm wannabe but
succeeded at jackass academy just fine. And I hope it 'hits you'
soon.

And you know it hurts when I 'rib ya' like this. Bwhahaahahaha!

DIE, KRW JACKASS!

k...@notreal.com

Dec 15, 2019, 11:48:24 PM12/15/19
On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 04:44:28 +0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

>k...@notreal.com wrote in news:pqdbve1dmf75pjqqijoeh344lk7je9nt7e@
>4ax.com:
>

>> It's not surprising you'd think that, AlwaysWrong - Dumb as a stump
>> and always wrong.
>>

> Awww... looky folks! KRW... shines for you all! What we have
>here is an idiot fucktard who never smoked weed in his entire 100%
>pathetic, useless life.

Some never grow up. Some are just potheads. Useless potheads and
_always_ wrong.

> Absolutely no surprise.

So you agree. You're just a pothead.

> I can't wait to hear about that big chest gripper that gets you.
>I sure hope that motherfucker hurts, you school marm wannabe but
>succeeded at jackass academy just fine. And I hope it 'hits you'
>soon.

Wrong, always wrong.

> And you know it hurts when I 'rib ya' like this. Bwhahaahahaha!

Nope. It doesn't hurt at all when you're so wrong, AlwaysWrong.

> DIE, KRW JACKASS!

Some day, like all of us, AlwaysWrong.

jurb...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 1:43:39 AM12/16/19
>God's invention of top grade cannabis. Beats them all

That was botanists and chemists, hail to the botanists and chemists, praise them ! Glory !

But I was thinking, the transistor. Without that the computer you are looking at right now would take a whole building and draw probably 1,000 amps to run.

That good smoke has been around for some time, my cousin knew where to get it. It was $400 an ounce just like today but $400 was a hell of alot more money back then. but do you really call a little cross breding n shirt like that INVENTING ? I am not so sure.

Like the transistor, with that one discovery they went on to build myriads of devices once they figured out how to handle the dopants n shit, and photography does play a role in that

Actually thinking about it, nothing in electronics has been invented since 1957, it is all an extension of the old invention. Actually do all inventions count ? Like ovonics, that idea could have passed the transistor but they had years to better the transistor and ovonics was not looking like it would beat crystal silicon in performance. It did however have the advantage of being able to withstand much higher temperatures.

Not a real expert on it but from what I have gleaned ovonics is part of the technology now used in PVs. Developed in the 1970s by a gut named Olshevski I think, something like that. Maybe that was a real invention, but does it count when it sat dormant for decades ?

Since this is sci.ELECTRONICS.design I figured we were talking within that paradigm. However if we are to go back farther, I think language was the most important. And that means all language. Even a deaf mute species can use body language and pictures. Pretty important, if them guys at Bell could not talk to each other it would be damn hard to invent a transistor. If ovonics had come out at the same time it might have been competition, but they had a couple decades to figure out how to make better transistors. I got this old transistor spec book, I joke that it goes back to 2N1. Tht is not literally true but some of those old transistors, well all I can say is I can see why there were still tubes in stuff. I mean you got Vcemax 25, Icmax 0.100, hfe 5, Ft 35KHz. Who the hell wants it ? Ovonics could have been a real player if they had all kinds of time to develop it. Actually it is silicon, but not crystalline, no lattice. Amorphous.

I read something it had no problem with like 400ºF but much higher and the glass, which is what it is, loses its viscosity. I hope I can assume that everybody here knows glass is a liquid. Once it is not really "ice" anymore shit will happen.

They could build a power device, in fact some really interesting ones that you would derate at X Watts/degree centigrade to 400ºC. However the gain and frequency response would be such that it just ain't worth it. But since a paart of the ttechnology is used maybe it does count.

We have to watch what we call an invention. you design a circuit, you did not design all the components. Even Jim didn't. even fucking with designing masks and all this shit for ICs, the devices printed in those chips are still extant.

And we do need to look for prior art. Not so much in the patent realm but for example, disk brakes-Cord. Lockup torque convertor, if I remembered the year that came out few would believe there were even automatic transmissions back then. Electric car, before 1910. At one time they had mechanical computers and I don't mean an abacus. I mean motors and gears and cams and pawls and all that cool shit.

Even the old automatic transmissions before the car computers, the valve body actually did constitute an analog hydraulic computer. it took inputs for the vacuum, speed, throttle and convertor presure that tells it the actual load and took actions to keep the engine in its optimum torque (and efficiency) range. Bosch had a totally mechanical fuel injection system, had the mass air flow sensor, AND a vacuum sensor and a few other inputs and regulated the mixture better than any simple carb could ever do, and not one transistor or diode in it. Diesel engines... oh that remonds me;

We (meaning our crowd) bought a car from this young dude, it had a diesel engine in it. He is trying to show us he can get it started and he is pumping the gas. I said that does no good. He said "I heard you pump any engine that is not fuel injected". Yeah well that is not true, maybe of old Fords but not GM, you hit it twice and THEN turn the key and she will go. But it was a diesel, it IS fuel injected. Where do they get that superior education from ?

The car is not a bad entry in and of itself. Before that they used to burn gasoline outside, it was a byproduct. but thanks to Henry Ford and Adolf Hitler who put cars in the hands of the commoners this changed drastically. Before that, well there was Ransom Eli Olds, got the thing started but cars were only for the rich. Not much demand. People did not want it in their houses for heat of light because it stinks. Plus it is TOO flammable. Yeah i know you can throw a match into a bucket of gasoline and it won't light, but if you look at it wrong it might. Burning it in the fields was a way to get the land to grow fallow, so that crops would grow better, and better food later. They understood about played out land. Nobody thinks about that today and now we got diseases by the truckload. About 70% of them can be traced back to malnutrition. I got the fucking data. Even on this piece of shit PC, I copied in on here a while back for quick reference.

I got a killer design for an audiophile quality amp. I know what those people want and I have come up with something really new. It uses a resistive divider network that keeps the drivers and predrivers in their most linear operating range, and with balls behind it. So I get the good damping factor as well as low distortion, and there is ot global feedback loop. it has everything these lunatics want.

Did I invent something ? All I did was use the parts in a different way. Is it patentable ? I am damn sure it is, but does it really qualify as an invention ?

The question in the OP is too broad unless you write a book about it. I am not abject to doing so but nobody wants to read it.

So in that I yield the floor with this - define invention.

jurb...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 2:32:48 AM12/16/19
> Awww... looky folks! KRW... shines for you all! What we have
>here is an idiot fucktard who never smoked weed in his entire 100%
>pathetic, useless life.

You are an asshole but you do have your moments. I remember they asked school kids if they ever tried pot and they got a certain answer they swear by. But what they got was how many were stupid enough to admit it.

Bill Clinton admitted smoking pot, and I like that. Like me "So what?". The problem I have is if he didn't inhale he was wasting some serious bubonic chronic, those rich boys get really good shit. Well some of them get it off the cops. One of my connects is an officer of the court, in fact a bounty hunter who has more police powers than the police. I will never ask him to front me because I could find myself handcuffed in the trunk of a car driving through Texas. I won't do that anyway, I don't do that on credit. But I can use my card. I have, I wonder if the bank wonders how come I have to get bailed out so much.

Everyone should try weed at least once. If they don't like it fine. It makes some paranoid, others too complacent and they see this and they don't want that. Me, it doesn't affect those things, in fact I am having trouble even getting a buzz these days. I might have to go with whiskey and tokillya and big ass fatties of $400 an ounce shit. Yeah I like tokillya. And the kid brought over some PGA and said "You can't drink this". I showed him. He said "You are a animal, my stomach would be laying on the floor". Yeah the salt, the lemon and the tokillya, I like those alot. I just see such things as dangerous.

So I won't. I got guns so I can't even get really out of it, at least at home. I wish I didn't need them but we got to keep up, the area has a reputation of twice as many guns as people and that helps keep crime down.

You know now that I mentioned booze, well that helped us buy land off the Natives for like a penny an acre n shit. So maybe that counts. and theJew Soviets used vodka to pacify the masses, intil it didn't work anymore and then they left. We didn't cause the collapse of the Soviet cleptocracy, the workers did. Production was up but the defect rate was so high it was ridiculous. No entity can survive like that.

By the way, most will not remember but if you had Lasik, that technology was pioneered in Russia. to that - is a technique an invention ? Or a process ? Friend of mine designed molds for making things like impellers for fighter jet engines. The pieces are seemingly impossible to mold but he made them. The mold come apart in pieces and you might have to pull 30 (numbered) precision chard of metal to eventually get the part out. It literally takes longer to get it apart than it did to cool and solidify.

Is that process an invention ?

I think this subject is in danger of becoming like politics. I mean, each person's answer is going to be based on their own experience n shit. And each has a point and can probably put up a good case for their "nominee". Nobody is wrong, nobody is lying.

Language, transistor, boats, planes, cars, sliced bread.

By the way I am not partial to sliced bread, I got a knife and will decide how thick to make it, and I am always on the rampage for uncut hoagie buns because I cut them different. I do it like Subway USED TO. A V cut at the top. They think they're doing me a favor. Please, just do what I ask AND NO MORE.

Well I am going to go upstairs to the new Win 10 PC and see just how bad it is. I know it takes about fifty times to tell it to make FF the main browser. Personally I have nothing really against Bing but if Bill Gates wants me to have it I don't want it. Plus FF has some things going for it that Edge won't let you into unless you are a real guru. I don't like things shoved down my throat.

Is Windows an invention ? Well then you have to answer a few other things, was DOS an invention ? Was Desqview by Quarterdeck an invention ? Was the MAC invented GUI an invention ? This is the shit he threw together to make Windows. Bought DOS for a cool fifty grand and stole the rest.

Like I said, define invention - noun. I know it is also a verb but that is not what we are after, I think...

Jan Panteltje

Dec 16, 2019, 3:24:15 AM12/16/19
jurb...@gmail.com wrote in
<518bba3c-e22c-45f5...@googlegroups.com>:
>Well
>I am going to go upstairs to the new Win 10 PC and see just how bad it
>is. I know it takes about fifty times to tell it to make FF the main browser.
>Personally I have nothing really against Bing but if Bill Gates wants me
>to have it I don't want it. Plus FF has some things going for it that Edge
>won't let you into unless you are a real guru. I don't like things shoved
>down my throat.

I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 about a month ago.
Downloaded Buster software for it for free.
Amazing thing is: it has Chromium browser.. web browsing is great,
HD HDMI out, use my wireless keyboard and mouse I already had..
Total cost including wallwart and an ebay metal housing with fan < 80 $ I think.
Fun as it only uses 10W or so and will run a very long tine on my UPS
and / or solar panel if power fails.
Power will fail because the flipped out brain washed human made climate change fear
believers are trying to do it all with windmills.
HD youtube videos play fine full screen on it.
Lost of open source software available for it.
Yes I have Firefox running on it too.

You mentioned Russia,
I am still looking for a good usable working RTG for cheap 24/7 power,
I did read some landed there.

tabb...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 7:59:23 AM12/16/19
The ones that vanished in Russia didn't put much power out. ISTR 70w or so. The heat output would be more useful.

NT

Jack

Dec 16, 2019, 10:16:51 AM12/16/19
Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the
> Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing
> press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully
> appreciate the impact of the Internet.

Distillation

Bye Jack

Jan Panteltje

Dec 16, 2019, 10:48:34 AM12/16/19
On a sunny day (Mon, 16 Dec 2019 04:59:18 -0800 (PST)) it happened
tabb...@gmail.com wrote in
<afb20686-5431-49f5...@googlegroups.com>:
Yes, 70W 24/7 is OK, that is 1680 W for an hour each day, lifepo4 cells as buffer,
plenty for cooking and maybe laundry, and the heat would be great too, gas prices are rising here,
Let me know when you have one for sale.

Jan Panteltje

Dec 16, 2019, 11:03:25 AM12/16/19
On a sunny day (Mon, 16 Dec 2019 15:16:46 -0000 (UTC)) it happened Jack
<no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote in <qt874u$7bc$1...@dont-email.me>:
Thinking about that issue:
anti-biotics (penicillin etc) (probably saved my life).

Internet no, already in the late sixties I was in Europe listening to US truckers on 27 MHz
with my jfet home build receiver, transmitter you could say what you wanted and when you wanted,
no regulations.... more and more 'internet' is getting changed into what now still is a broadcasting system,
in some countries you need a license to run a website... will be cut off in case unrest happens.. etc etc

Maybe I will put my good old CB antenna back on the roof...
freedom

Or was it conditions were better in the early seventies?
10 years or as a ago I was still working S America on CB, have not tried lately.

With my freaking ham license I cannot talk about everything... on top of that it cost me abut 25 $ a year here.

FREEDOM!!!

Hey tried slow scan TV too in the seventies.

Nothing much new happened after Apollo really....

It is the end of an era, just like there was an end to the iron age birth
all it is now is refinements of electronics....
Nothing new.

I want the stars

tabb...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 11:12:32 AM12/16/19
On Monday, 16 December 2019 15:48:34 UTC, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Mon, 16 Dec 2019 04:59:18 -0800 (PST)) it happened
> tabbypurr wrote in
If I ever get one I'll keep it. I wonder what the stray radiation was like. Quantity-wise that is :)

NT

John Robertson

Dec 16, 2019, 11:46:04 AM12/16/19
On 2019/12/12 8:07 p.m., Rick C wrote:
> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

Simple, the wheel and the lever (OK, two things) - without either of
which civilization can't occur.

If just a choice between the printing press and the internet, then the
printing press is the greatest invention - it led to the internet as you
had to have a minimum percentage of people who can read and communicate
between themselves to be able to create and use the internet.

John :-#)#

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Dec 16, 2019, 11:57:35 AM12/16/19
Cooking. That changed our food chain and metabolism and let our brains
develop. I think that was good.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 4:03:20 PM12/16/19
Jan Panteltje <pNaOnSt...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:qt89s7$o10$1
@dont-email.me:

> Thinking about that issue:
> anti-biotics (penicillin etc) (probably saved my life).

Yeah, we'd all be dead from tetanus from stepping on a nail in our
youth were it not for orange rind mold.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 4:04:36 PM12/16/19
John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> wrote in news:-
MmdnUq9YPBcKWrA...@giganews.com:

> Simple, the wheel and the lever (OK, two things) - without either of
> which civilization can't occur.

The drinking cup.

Jeroen Belleman

Dec 16, 2019, 4:06:06 PM12/16/19
The heat source was a canister with some alpha emitter isotope
inside. Not a lot of radiation got out, not until it rusted
through, that is ...

Jeroen Belleman

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 4:06:15 PM12/16/19
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 15:16:46 -0000 (UTC), Jack
> <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between
>>> the Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the
>>> printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone
>>> by to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.
>>>

>>Distillation
>>
>>Bye Jack
>
> Cooking. That changed our food chain and metabolism and let our
> brains develop. I think that was good.

Well fuck... if we are going there, then it was Oxygen and water.

THEN cannabis. :-)

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Dec 16, 2019, 4:12:04 PM12/16/19
don't tell the vegans ;)

Michael Terrell

Dec 16, 2019, 4:42:22 PM12/16/19
On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 4:12:04 PM UTC-5, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:

> don't tell the vegans ;)

Tell them what? That they are cannibals? ;-)

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 6:11:27 PM12/16/19
Lasse Langwadt Christensen <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote in
Yeah... they may never want to *meet* anyone again.

John Larkin

Dec 16, 2019, 6:21:12 PM12/16/19
Who invented those?

> THEN cannabis. :-)

Doesn't let a brain develop!

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 6:53:24 PM12/16/19
John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in

> Who invented those?

God did.

Nobody 'invented' cooking either. It was 'happened upon'.

OR knowledge passed on to us by the aliens.

But some cave twerp certainly didn't get inspired by a lightning
struck deer.

Rick C

Dec 16, 2019, 6:53:42 PM12/16/19
Hmmm... what's your last name? Wouldn't be Daniels would it?

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 6:56:00 PM12/16/19
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 21:06:08 +0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>
>>jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

>>> Cooking. That changed our food chain and metabolism and let our
>>> brains develop. I think that was good.
>>>

>> Well fuck... if we are going there, then it was Oxygen and water.
>
> Who invented those?
>

>> THEN cannabis. :-)
>
> Doesn't let a brain develop!

Not yours. You self dumbed. No chance whtsoever that a dope like
you could ever figure out that a little self inebriation never hurt
anybody.

tabb...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 7:02:57 PM12/16/19
On Monday, 16 December 2019 21:06:06 UTC, Jeroen Belleman wrote:
Oh well if it's alpha I'll order one. Better build a containment for it too.

Decided against collecting a million smoke alarms :)

NT

John Larkin

Dec 16, 2019, 7:07:22 PM12/16/19
I don't need drugs to be crazy. I learned to do that on my own.

Well, a little coffee and chocolate can help.

tabb...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2019, 7:26:26 PM12/16/19
On Monday, 16 December 2019 23:56:00 UTC, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

> Not yours. You self dumbed. No chance whtsoever that a dope like
> you could ever figure out that a little self inebriation never hurt
> anybody.

inebriation hurt plenty of people.

Bill Sloman

Dec 16, 2019, 8:48:02 PM12/16/19
On Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 3:57:35 AM UTC+11, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 15:16:46 -0000 (UTC), Jack
> <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> >Rick C <gnuarm.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> That is a tough question. I would have trouble choosing between the
> >> Internet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the printing
> >> press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by to fully
> >> appreciate the impact of the Internet.
> >>

> >Distillation
>
> Cooking. That changed our food chain and metabolism and let our brains
> develop. I think that was good.

John Larkin has got that right. The catch is that our ancestors had to invent it before they got big enough - and big-brained enough - to look much like us.

If apes of our size and with our brain size had popped up before their relatives had invented cooking they would have starved.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

ehsjr

Dec 16, 2019, 8:54:52 PM12/16/19
On 12/16/2019 6:11 PM, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> Lasse Langwadt Christensen <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote in
>
>> lørdag den 14. december 2019 kl. 11.03.32 UTC+1 skrev
>> upsid...@downunder.com:

>> nternet and the printing press. I think I lean toward the
>> printing press, but maybe only because enough time hasn't gone by
>> to fully appreciate the impact of the Internet.

>>> Controlled fire allowed cooking food, which improved
>>> digestibility especially of meet and made it possible for the
>>> growth of the human brain.
>>
>> don't tell the vegans ;)
>>

> Yeah... they may never want to *meet* anyone again.

:-)

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 9:57:43 PM12/16/19
tabb...@gmail.com wrote in
Note the qualifier, dipshit.

'little bit of'

Goddamned cursory glance retards everywhere.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 16, 2019, 10:13:25 PM12/16/19
ehsjr <eh...@verizon.net> wrote in
Mad Eloi disease! The Morlocks are hungry! They want to MEET you!

tabb...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2019, 4:09:04 PM12/17/19
On Tuesday, 17 December 2019 02:57:43 UTC, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> tabbypurr wrote in
As usual you say nothing of any use.

Rick C

Dec 17, 2019, 6:24:43 PM12/17/19
So why do you reply? Your post is equally without use.

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Dec 17, 2019, 8:53:59 PM12/17/19
tabb...@gmail.com wrote in
Right. YOU were just busted being 100% stupid, and you STILL
apparently do not know what the term "qualifier" means.

If you are an example of an asshole who never smoked or inebriated
himself in his entire life, I want no part of the stupid that you
are.

You not only never say anyhting of any use, you are of no use,
fuckhead. Go find a tall bridge and do your final slop dive, boy.

tabb...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2019, 9:27:20 PM12/17/19
he's right, you're not worth replying to.